• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
At first, yeah.
EDIT: Eventually, you'll suck less, but still crash all the time. :b
There's hardly a wall, ledge or beam in the game to which I have not made sweet love.

Is it normal to crash all the time? And suck?

I feel yah

The handling in this game is REALLY f-ing weird :(
Like it almost makes no sense and is odds with itself. I'm struggling to geniunely enjoy races thus far. I'm merely finishing them.

I guess I just want every game to be Midnight Club Los Angeles and I know that will never be T___T

I feel yeah

The handling in this game is REALLY f-ing weird :(
Like it almost makes no sense and is odds with itself. I'm struggling to geniunely enjoy races thus far. I'm merely finishing them.

I guess I just want every game to be Midnight Club Los Angeles and I know that will never be T___T

As soon as you level up a car just a little bit, I find it becomes manageable. Track tires are almost always the first thing I go for.

JCH!

I cannot beat the Hennessey Venom GT race for the life of me.

I raced it perfect and made him crash like 3 times, but I will always get blind sided by a cop (once on the mountain road before the hard right, where it was impossible since there was no side road to blind side me from) or the Venom will pass me at what must have been 220mph with how fast he will zoom past me after I just made him crash 10 seconds ago.
I feel like i'm being cheated.

I beat Most Wanted #9-6 on the 1st try for each, but I've tried #10 about 20 times today with no luck what so ever.

The cop you're talking about comes from the left side mountain, he just flies out of nowhere and crashes on the road. I was lucky I dodged him when I tried this race.

As soon as you level up a car just a little bit, I find it becomes manageable. Track tires are almost always the first thing I go for.

Track tires and lightweight chassis are a must on every car.

Except the SUVs, those will always handle like oil tankers.

I'm a little late on this one but would love to add some GAF friends to autolog. I am completely addicted to billboards!

nnid: kirbyflats

blu

The SL65 Black is indeed a beast of wonder, I'm more of a GT-R man myself, though :D
The AMG feels like a cheatmobile to me - no matter what I do I keep breaking speedcam records. Also, my average escape-from-the-police time in this car is in the teens. Oh, and it just _knows_ where I want to go. It's outright feaking me out.

japtor

Couldn't beat it with the Merc but kept at it with my boosted Gallardo. Annoying part is that in the winning race it wasn't even remotely my best time, it was something like 13 seconds behind.

Haven't looked to try it, but is there a way to switch upgrades on the gamepad? I switched transmissions (long to short) and tires (track to reinflating) on it through the easy drive menu...but it ain't all that easy to do in the middle of a race.

Haven't looked to try it, but is there a way to switch upgrades on the gamepad? I switched transmissions (long to short) and tires (track to reinflating) on it through the easy drive menu...but it ain't all that easy to do in the middle of a race.
Nah, unfortunately. There are screenshots showing that was the plan originally but I guess they decided it would be too easy(?). Too bad, it would have felt like you were controlling a James Bond car.

JCH!

Nah, unfortunately. There are screenshots showing that was the plan originally but I guess they decided it would be too easy(?). Too bad, it would have felt like you were controlling a James Bond car.

I've never been in the situation where I needed to do that though. I pick the setup I think is most appropriate before each event and stick to it.

Just rolled the main credits, all 10 Most Wanted races done! Really fun game, now to finish that Venom race and gold medal everything I can find.

You guys aren't kidding, the SL65 with pro track tires is literally unstoppable, game breaking shit. Hit 200 mph in anything even vaguely resembling a straight line.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The AMG feels like a cheatmobile to me - no matter what I do I keep breaking speedcam records. Also, my average escape-from-the-police time in this car is in the teens. Oh, and it just _knows_ where I want to go. It's outright feaking me out.
It's not a cheat mobile blu, she's my loving faithful waifu.

YES. USE THE MERCEDES.

The SL65 Black is indeed a beast of wonder. I'm more of a GT-R man myself, though :D

wut? what is all this? I ignored them as luxury cars you mean I'm missing out?

I got news for you, that's what the car is like in real life.

I screwed up my controls I cannot spin the right stick around my car anymore since messing with it the other day

the SLS just got busted by a cop

is the SLS the strongest AMG?

Berg

The game requires an online pass right? So no point in buying it used?

no. wiiU version doesn't require an online pass. not sure about the other 360/ps3/pc versions tho? It's an EA game so I wouldn't doubt it.

Edit: add me to the list if you want a challenge!! berg614

This game really awesome made want F-zero T_T

Any advice on how to beat Venom GT spyder?

Talking about this, I know this games likes to rubberband like a bitch, but this race takes it to extremes.

I managed to pick up enough speed to actually take down the Venom, and then shortly after it got taken out by a police bar. I was doing around 200MPH and boosting down a straight now, and whilst the Venom should have been a great deal of seconds behind me, it literally rocketed past me and took me down. How is that even possible? Eurgh.

blu

I just discovered an even better NFSMWU - NFSMWU off-line. Goodbye micro-stutter. Hello butter smooth fps. Now I can't decide what I want to drive the most - my 911 Turbo, EloquentM's AMG, or my Countach, so I keep switching them. Deelight.

japtor

Talking about this, I know this games likes to rubberband like a bitch, but this race takes it to extremes.

I managed to pick up enough speed to actually take down the Venom, and then shortly after it got taken out by a police bar. I was doing around 200MPH and boosting down a straight now, and whilst the Venom should have been a great deal of seconds behind me, it literally rocketed past me and took me down. How is that even possible? Eurgh.
Yeah I had something like that happen to me too, drove me nuts. I could see the black car marker on the map just flying towards me so it was obvious, but the take down is what pissed me off.
I just discovered an even better NFSMWU - NFSMWU off-line. Goodbye micro-stutter. Hello butter smooth fps. Now I can't decide what I want to drive the most - my 911 Turbo, EloquentM's AMG, or my Countach, so I keep switching them. Deelight.
I've been playing exclusively offline...the one time I tried online was the only freeze I've had so far. Definitely want to play online but I find there's more than enough stuff for me just with the single player by itself.

japtor

Just to automate the NNID thing just slightly I did the Google form/spreadsheet thing I mentioned a few days ago, used Soka's list to fill out the initial spreadsheet with what's been posted so far. You can sort alphabetically by either name or by timestamps. Just used the post and edit dates for Soka's list but seems to retain the order at least.

I put the form for new names here, and spreadsheet here.

Right now it's all just NNIDs, but I'll be going through and adding the usernames here to the list as best I can. The list is publicly editable (...for better or worse) so feel free to fill your name in if I haven't gotten to yours yet.

edit: Well that wasn't too horrible, got all the Gaf usernames filled in now. And apparently blu wasn't even in the list! Or Soka for that matter?!

For reals? I'll have to try that.

Edit:
Question, if I beat a time while I'm offline, after I sign in does that new time then sync with Origin? Or do I have to be online while I beat it?

Stupid Venom GT. beat it almost right away, damn thing's near impossible to drive. Has great handling on paper but it's all power and no handling in reality. Goes in the can along with the Veyron.

Just to automate the NNID thing just slightly I did the Google form/spreadsheet thing I mentioned a few days ago, used Soka's list to fill out the initial spreadsheet with what's been posted so far. You can sort alphabetically by either name or by timestamps. Just used the post and edit dates for Soka's list but seems to retain the order at least.

Right now it's all just NNIDs, but I'll be going through and adding the usernames here to the list as best I can. The list is publicly editable (...for better or worse) so feel free to fill your name in if I haven't gotten to yours yet.

edit: Well that wasn't too horrible, got all the Gaf usernames filled in now. And apparently blu wasn't even in the list! Or Soka for that matter?!

I don't have a Wii U... just participating in a few threads (this one and the Lego thread) to keep my hype up. Told myself I'd hold off buying it until June when I have the free time to actually enjoy the system!

Thanks for taking over with that spreadsheet! I'll be sure to add my name once I get the system in ~60 days.

toon_link

Stupid Venom GT. beat it almost right away, damn thing's near impossible to drive. Has great handling on paper but it's all power and no handling in reality. Goes in the can along with the Veyron.
It's my most used car right now, nearly 200 miles. It just takes some time to get used to, but it's worth it.

Awesome, now I'll know whose times I beat!
Though more often is who beats me :/

japtor

It's my most used car right now, nearly 200 miles. It just takes some time to get used to, but it's worth it.
Haven't messed with the Venom yet, but in general I think along with just getting used to the cars a big part is upgrading them. Right now with a new car I basically just do the race that gets you the track tires and I think lightweight chassis, conveniently I find those two to make the biggest difference in feel. (Don't know if upgrades are always paired up like that in the races, but it has seemed that way so far with the cars I've used.)

After that I go for short gears and aero body since I find acceleration to matter more, with the faster cars at least...I got the Veyron Vitesse to something like 240-250 with short gears.

blu

After that I go for short gears and aero body since I find acceleration to matter more, with the faster cars at least...I got the Veyron Vitesse to something like 240-250 with short gears.
Acceleration and finesse in the corners are by far the most important aspects in this game. That's what has allowed me and my 'slow ass' 911 Turbo to break a few records originally held by faster vehicles.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ever since I added everyone, I've dropped to ~15th on everything :(

Put up some decent jumps to come first on a couple of signs that not many people have found. Is there a way to find out how you stack up against friends for Pursuits? I had a good one yesterday after I went around smashing cops to unlock the Reinforced Chassis Pro.

JCH!

Ever since I added everyone, I've dropped to ~15th on everything :(

Put up some decent jumps to come first on a couple of signs that not many people have found. Is there a way to find out how you stack up against friends for Pursuits? I had a good one yesterday after I went around smashing cops to unlock the Reinforced Chassis Pro.

Pursuit scores are automatically recorded. Each time you end a pursuit you get the 'top 5 best pursuits' ranking pop up.

Quick Question/Verification.

Since I played the game on Vita and PS3 when I logged in the EA Origin account on the Wii U I see my speed points are there.

Is this intended?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Pursuit scores are automatically recorded. Each time you end a pursuit you get the 'top 5 best pursuits' ranking pop up.

Yeah I noticed that, but I didn't really get a look at the rankings. No where to check out who has the longest time, or highest number of points outside of that?

blu

Quick Question/Verification.

Since I played the game on Vita and PS3 when I logged in the EA Origin account on the Wii U I see my speed points are there.

Is this intended?
AFAIK yes, though some people have experienced some 'overgrowth' under similar conditions.. (ask EDarkness).

ed: man, this game is something else.. I just tried the cat7 o_O

Criterion, you magnificent bastards!

AzaK

AFAIK yes, though some people have experienced some 'overgrowth' under similar conditions.. (ask EDarkness).

ed: man, this game is something else.. I just tried the cat7 o_O

Criterion, you magnificent bastards!

Blu, stop doing this. You did it to me with Trine 2 IIRC, now you're doing it to me with NFS. I really don't want to have to go buy it ya know.

Top Bottom