• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

Hoodbury

Played online for the first time over the weekend and it was a lot of fun. Weird thing though was I would almost always get last place on each event but then when that grouping was complete I would be the overall winner.

That didn't really make a whole lot of sense. Even on the specific races or challenges, I'd get last place but would get the most points. It was fun, but confusing.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Played online for the first time over the weekend and it was a lot of fun. Weird thing though was I would almost always get last place on each event but then when that grouping was complete I would be the overall winner.

That didn't really make a whole lot of sense. Even on the specific races or challenges, I'd get last place but would get the most points. It was fun, but confusing.

You're really just trying to show off your "skill" in the multiplayer, which includes racing for first, drifting, take downs, and other random stuff. I like it like that, personally. It is odd that the actual race to the finish is downplayed, but it does mean that everyone is trying to sabotage everyone else.

burgerdog

I beat this a few days ago, critical path was by far the hardest event in the game. I'm not wrong judging by the amount of people that have cleared it and show up on the speedwall. Need more people to try it!

Preble

I haven't even done the races in this game, just been driving around crashing into things and running from the cops. It's been fun!

I stopped playing it to focus on LCU, I might pick it up tonight again.

Yes, I was to busy finishing NSMBU and now LCU. Then I have ZombiU, which is a great game but I have to play in chunks, very good game but it stresses me. Trine 2 I have not even started it and Sonic Racing I have played very little, bought it for my kids and multiplayer fun mostly.

This is why I have not picked this up. Some other releases in May, i might pick Deus Ex with NFSMW next month.

Foshy

Bought this used a few days ago after already completing the Vita version, looks pretty good visually.

However, the steering seems a bit odd, it feels way less precise to me than on the Vita or the PS3 demo I tried. Not sure if it's just due to the different analog stick on the Wii U or if they really slightly changed the driving model. Anyone else noticed that too?

Was there any word about how this did at retail?

Trust me, you don't want to know.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So I just wanted you guys to know that the patch nintendo released fixed the home menu freezing =}
I wish that was the case, alas. But at least now we can shut down a locked-up wiiu via the power button.

andthebeatgoeson

Posted this:
boNzddi.jpg

When you wreck a speed wall, it makes everyone else disappear. Sorry guys, it's like you don't exist.

Any word that 1% of all NFSU players are gaf members?

So I bought this after hearing what a great job Had been done. Graphics and production values are fantastic. Thing is....this is my first ever non Mario Kart/FZero racer! I have no idea what to do....

Could someone give me a bit of structure/breakdown, so I can go about getting things done?

I tried to sign up for origin but it keeps rejecting my email and password. Maybe I signed up a few years ago for FIFA and forgot or something.

So I bought this after hearing what a great job Had been done. Graphics and production values are fantastic. Thing is....this is my first ever non Mario Kart/FZero racer! I have no idea what to do....

Could someone give me a bit of structure/breakdown, so I can go about getting things done?

I tried to sign up for origin but it keeps rejecting my email and password. Maybe I signed up a few years ago for FIFA and forgot or something.
Tap the handbrake to drift in turns, get the light chassis and track tires for each car to improve handling.
Maybe you could check out Origin on your computer and see if they have a password recovery.

Surfheart

Framerate seems better after the last update, or am I imagining things?

Bought this used a few days ago after already completing the Vita version, looks pretty good visually.

However, the steering seems a bit odd, it feels way less precise to me than on the Vita or the PS3 demo I tried. Not sure if it's just due to the different analog stick on the Wii U or if they really slightly changed the driving model. Anyone else noticed that too?

Was there any word about how this did at retail?

Trust me, you don't want to know.

You are part of the problem! ;)

MarkusRJR

How is the Wii U version? I'm trying to decide between the PS3 and Wii U version. I hear the Wii U version has lock up problems so I'm a bit worried of going with it.

How is the Wii U version? I'm trying to decide between the PS3 and Wii U version. I hear the Wii U version has lock up problems so I'm a bit worried of going with it.
Mine locked up 3 times over 30+ hours. It didn't ruin my fun of the game.

Off TV play is a nice touch, especially since my TV is pretty slow, so the GamePad gives me an extra couple milliseconds of reaction time.

Huh, have I posted on here before? You're on my friends list. Had no idea you were a gaffer! Some of your times are ridiculous, dude!

Really putting some serious time into this, at the moment. Love it. The Nissan GT-R Egoist sounds so good it's almost arousing. Criterion :bow

Feel free to add me, guys. My NNID is CasuallyDressed.

Huh, have I posted on here before? You're on my friends list. Had no idea you were a gaffer! Some of your times are ridiculous, dude!

Really putting some serious time into this, at the moment. Love it. The Nissan GT-R Egoist sounds so good it's almost arousing. Criterion :bow

Feel free to add me, guys. My NNID is CasuallyDressed.
You do those great Dolphin videos, right? I think I got your Nintendo ID from your YouTube channel :).

I must confess, I turn off traffic when I play, that's why all my times say "ElectricKaibutsu and co-driver". I cheat! I'm sorry!

I hate the traffic. Giving me the ability to turn it off was just too tempting :).
I actually just assumed everyone did the same until recently. I should really go back and try to beat my times with traffic on.

I hate the traffic. Giving me the ability to turn it off was just too tempting :).
I actually just assumed everyone did the same until recently. I should really go back and try to beat my times with traffic on.

I must admit, I've done it a couple of times, usually when I plow into traffic on the last corner. So annoying! But as a rule, no, I don't turn traffic off. It's cool to have the option, though.

Reaaaaally digging the Mercedes SL-65 AMG. Handles like a dream. Next Most Wanted race is the Pagani Haeuaryayeaerra or however you spell it.

ahm998

This game like dream to me , i wish nintendo rethink to release F-zero.

Is this game selling well?I hope to get more DLC soon....

I love my Mclaren & A65.

This game like dream to me , i wish nintendo rethink to release F-zero.

Is this game selling well?I hope to get more DLC soon....

I love my Mclaren & A65.

we will be lucky if EA allows the servers to keep running another 6 months so not sure if you have been paying attention

Just started playing this recently, so much fun, but I am so bad. Currently working on the Most Wanted race against the Venom and I'm just coming up short each time. Found some (what I think are) shortcuts though recently that I may try.

Any general tips or tricks I should know about, generally speaking?

Just started playing this recently, so much fun, but I am so bad. Currently working on the Most Wanted race against the Venom and I'm just coming up short each time. Found some (what I think are) shortcuts though recently that I may try.

Any general tips or tricks I should know about, generally speaking?
Not really a trick, but I think the consensus here is to use the Mercedes ALG. I think I had the reinflating tires equipped too.

Sorry, I'm not sure. I started using it pretty late in the game. I'm not sure when I got it.

Found it finally at a jack spot.

But, as it turned out, I'm loving the Bugatti Veyron. It's stupid fast and even more stupid to control, but when it all lines up and you get through a race without any serious crashes... damn. So awesome.

Just as an FYI for people, this game is $29.99 again at Amazon, Best Buy, EA Store in the US. Pretty tempting, I'm think I'm going to grab it, seems like a worthwhile port.

Just as an FYI for people, this game is $29.99 again at Amazon, Best Buy, EA Store in the US. Pretty tempting, I'm think I'm going to grab it, seems like a worthwhile port.

Although that should be tempting, I think most of us bought it for $29.99 on release day due to that sale EA had on their Origin store online. Was an awesome find at the time; day one 50% off. Not that I mean to poop on your post, just that I'm guessing a lot of people already jumped in the boat at $29.99 a few months ago.

Although that should be tempting, I think most of us bought it for $29.99 on release day due to that sale EA had on their Origin store online. Was an awesome find at the time; day one 50% off. Not that I mean to poop on your post, just that I'm guessing a lot of people already jumped in the boat at $29.99 a few months ago.

Not me. I grabbed it yesterday from BB. This game controls like shit, I can't see shit while racing, and I hate open word racing games. Still, it's kind of fun so far.

Can I turn off rumble? I don't see an option. Also, it's weird that I can switch the accel/brake to the right analog stick, and it recognizes the input as analog, but when I approach a race, it asks me to push up and pull back on the stick simultaneously to trigger the event. WHY.

Not me. I grabbed it yesterday from BB. This game controls like shit, I can't see shit while racing, and I hate open word racing games. Still, it's kind of fun so far.

Can I turn off rumble? I don't see an option. Also, it's weird that I can switch the accel/brake to the right analog stick, and it recognizes the input as analog, but when I approach a race, it asks me to push up and pull back on the stick simultaneously to trigger the event. WHY.

I turned off rumble. Cannot remember how and not home with the game to check, but it was under some option on the Gamepad screen I think.

Top Bottom