• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2018 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Finally June releases arrived :

EkAJf1.jpg

And this from the end of July :

xBzjm5.jpg
YS is a great game nobody talks about, enjoy.

TFGB

I bought this primarily for a bit of photo and video editing but, seeing as I've never ever been a PC gamer, I might try some games out on it as I'm assuming it should be able to run some titles? I'm a bit excited to try it out!

Dell XPS 15 (9570)
15.6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge display
Intel Core i9 8950HK Processor
32GB DDR4-2666MHz
1TB M.2 2280 PCIe SSD
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5

cL94Pdo.jpg

...and a couple of bits to go with it:

IfR5Lok.jpg

Last edited:
I got this art collection in the mailbox today. I had it preordered for a couple months. This is the English version of this collection. It is also quite huge and weighs more than you might realize.

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

Have you gone through it? Im a big MGS fan but im just afraid ill just browse through it once and never open again.

almost 900$ including shipping , it's a custom order

Can someone explain why exactly is this $900? I mean it looks beautiful but its not an official sony product and colorware have been doing custom work for ages but never to this pricing level.

So basically they are charging $600 just for the paint job? Thats just crazy. If it was official like the 20th anniversary PS4, i get it, collectable but never saw colorware items as collectables down the line. Especially since they also sell skins for $70.

kinjx11

Banned
Can someone explain why exactly is this $900? I mean it looks beautiful but its not an official sony product and colorware have been doing custom work for ages but never to this pricing level.

So basically they are charging $600 just for the paint job? Thats just crazy. If it was official like the 20th anniversary PS4, i get it, collectable but never saw colorware items as collectables down the line. Especially since they also sell skins for $70.

that paint job is masterful level , also the PS4pro is an official PS4pro i don't understand what you mean by saying its not an official sony product , the whole point is simple : you get what you paid for .

Ecto311

My Giant Bomb challenge coin came in finally. It's about an inch across and pretty heavy. I thought after 10 years or so of listening to them and enjoying their content I owe it to them to buy a coin and it's something I can carry with me or display that looks really cool. Also came with a sticker of just a bomb smiling. If you see it thanks duders.

ywNjOgz.jpg

Q77grrW.jpg

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member

Couldn't resist finally getting one of these. Lot of good memories from the first Xbox days. I have the green one on the way too, and why not? 😀

Akuza89

Here's what I got recently

Octopath was a lucky find as it was pre-owned, no idea what crazy person trades that in, but oh well! Haha

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member

Couldn't resist finally getting one of these. Lot of good memories from the first Xbox days. I have the green one on the way too, and why not? 😀

A matching pair (sort of) 😍

I hope they make a Crystal one to complete the set 😍

In the States it might be all about football and Madden, in Canada our game is hockey. BestBuy threw in an NHL19 puck when you bought the game there today.

e4pfjEl.jpg

Yagami_Sama

It took an awful lot to arrive, but it is finally here.
5qZQ8Q.jpg

I dropped the game on the second half, on Wii, because I was tired of motion controllers. Let's see if this time with standard controllers I might complete this one.

klosos

There is a thread about Point and click adventure games here -https://www.neogaf.com/threads/point-click-adventure-thread-2018-this-is-the-year.1460323/ on this thread someone mentioned a soon to be released hardback book on Point and Click adventure games from Bitmap books, I preordered it three months ago and it finally got released and arrived today.

ur6LB3ch.jpg

its 470 pages long with interviews and stories from some of the greatest point and click makers from the 90's like Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer to name just two. I also ordered the Special edition I also received a USB drive in the shape of a floppy disk, a grog coaster, magnetic words, and a code wheel.

UZbwOTDh.jpg

extremely happy with this pickup and can't wait to really jump in and start reading

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Have you gone through it? Im a big MGS fan but im just afraid ill just browse through it once and never open again.

I didn't see this until now, my bad. Yes I have briefly. The first book has a lot of detail about environments, rooms, pieces of equipment, and some characters. It's very detailed and it's amazing to see if you're a huge MGS fan. They go into great detail with pictures of a hanger and what each piece of equipment is on each character. The second book is more like a typical art book, but it has some very good pieces of art. The second book also has some pieces of work that I'be never seen before.
I am sure it might be common knowledge, but there is a topless photo of Sniper Wolf. It's very interesting without sounding like a perv
I feel like its a must have if you love the art of the games.

I had to order a replacement because the box was out in the sun and the second book had some pages melted together and the corner was bent on one of the books. Amazon gladly made the swap. I told their help service that people are expecting these to be in very good condition for the price.

I'd say it's a lot nicer than the NA version The Sky (art of Final Fantasy). There's much more detail to the actual drawings. Plus you'll see some concept art and up close drawings that I couldn't have imagined seeing. Grey Fox has some awesome up and close drawings that I really enjoyed seeing.

If you enjoy looking through a book once in a while then definitely get it. There's a few pages that feel like colored in pages, like large colorful photos I've seen a hundred times, but overall the set is really something nice to own.

TFGB

Happy for you! Are you going to use Wacom for drawing or editing?
I'm dreaming about Cintiq Pro for drawing but they are so expensive...
Cheers! I haven’t used a mouse in years, so I’ve been using Wacoms for everything all that time. I originally started using them for photo editing, but they quickly became my main method of navigation too.👍🏻

Kadayi

Banned
Cheers! I haven’t used a mouse in years, so I’ve been using Wacoms for everything all that time. I originally started using them for photo editing, but they quickly became my main method of navigation too.👍🏻

Do you use the Wacom for gaming? I've been using a Wacom for work for years, but I've never used it as a gaming control device (I tried it when I first got one and I found it too fiddly).

Last edited:

TFGB

Do you use the Wacom for gaming? I've been using a Wacom for work for years, but I've never used it as a gaming control device (I tried it when I first got one and I found it too fiddly).
Not sure if you saw my other post or not, but I’ve never been a PC gamer, as in I haven’t even played a single game on a PC lol. I think the lack of a scroll wheel might affect some games but I could just be guessing?

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member

A rare treat, I never ever buy Special Editions but I love Yakuza games and it's a small way to support the developers 🙂

This finally arrived, DriveHub from Collective Minds; A third party Canadian company thats caught my attention lately, having bought this and my PSVR charging station from them. This adapter allows me to use my Logitech Driving Force wheel from last gen with the PS4, I'll get to try it out over the weekend. You can check out the details here if you dont want to buy a new wheel either. https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

My Fiance: Whats that?
Me: It's an adapter.
My Fiance: For what?
Me: My racing wheel so I can drive the coffee table.
My Fiance: NO!!!!!
Me: Too late now, *points to racing wheel and VR headset*

Ik6gsxf.jpg

eLPNLxw.jpg

9Tupdny.jpg

Last edited:

Shinriji

Crossposting from the Dreamcast OT

Dreamcast month brought me an amazing get. I’m on vacation and checking the local Craigslist/kijiji, I found this:
c03d6bfe329242744e9b279cca62cc82174589c0.jpeg

DC, 2 controllers, HOTD2 light gun and more 34 games, in excellent condition for about $180.
But how am I bringing all that back? Excess luggage here I come.

Finally got this bad boy. The figure is extremely well crafted with tone of details and posing options. Cant go wrong with Yoji designed characters. Hope theres more coming as they revealed new characters and they all look boss.

Ludens 1/6 by 1000toys (Death Stranding)

CQpz8aN.jpg

p3Mn6b3.jpg

NSIbMhx.jpg

p8a1Z4g.jpg

mas0DYV.jpg

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member

A bit late joining the party but not to worry. Looking forward to playing this :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Akuza89

HEROES NEVER DIE.

(sorry this topic vanished...couldn't find it...so I'm "resurrecting" it.)

I picked up

FIFA 19 - xbox one - still on the way

Dragonball fighterZ - switch

Edit:-

Last edited:
Just getting warmed up, this finally came in the mail yesterday. Been actually wanting to try it for forever but the no disc thing in North America put me off. Then I realized the U.K got a physical copy so I ordered one.

I didnt get to play for very long last night, had a bit of a weird issue with my PS4 camera not being detected. Ended up swapping out my V1 camera with my V2 version that came in the Skyrim PSVR bundle. Turns out all I really needed to do was do a complete restart and its fine now.

From what I got to play of Arizona Sunshine using the PS Aim controller, I feel like I want to spend atleast a good few hours taking headshots at zombies, its SO rewarding. The tracking on this game isnt as finely tuned a Firewall but its still pretty decent and just fun, the story narrative seems funny and quarky.

I was surprised too see as I was fixing my camera, as the update downloaded for a U.K physical game, it installed no problem on a North American PS4, didnt know that could work.

OwZnQl2.jpg

Orta

Banned
Ada Wong 1:4 scale (18") statue. OOP so had to pay the going rate on the collectors market, €550 :messenger_persevering:

Looks great though

D6mPhf.jpg

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
OOP so had to pay the going rate on the collectors market, €550:messenger_persevering:

xxRsFIy.gif

Holy Christ, man, thats ~45K RUB. Really good statue though, Congrats!

I'm trying so hard to convince myself to buy Fire Emblem's Camilla statue....

... but 15K RUB is a lot of money to spend here just to buy one statue:messenger_pensive:

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
xxRsFIy.gif

Holy Christ, man, thats ~45K RUB. Really good statue though, Congrats!

I'm trying so hard to convince myself to buy Fire Emblem's Camilla statue....

... but 15K RUB is a lot of money to spend here just to buy one statue:messenger_pensive:

That is pretty expensive for a 1/7 scale. This hobby is getting way out of hand lately re prices. Few years ago I could buy a 20" Premium Format Sideshow Collectibles statue for about €300. Same statues nowadays cost near enough double that and sometimes over.

Forgot to post Organ Trail, which came in the mail about a week ago from eBay, originally a Limited Run Games release (which is becoming a new little addiction for me) The story behind this is my fiance and friends from the next province over would play Oregon Trial in school growing up, I'd seriously never heard of it we didn't have it in any school I went too before computers were everyone's norm.

Her and all our friends loved it, a bunch of casual gamers, knew something I didn't. This popped up on PSN one day and we all got together for drinks and I took the controls as everyone laughed and had a blast with the nostalgia as I used the names of everyone who grew up playing this. When I saw a physical release was available I ordered it.

Also grabbed Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS and a Boo light.

1YK7Uwm.jpg

TiAIKDD.jpg

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to starting this tomorrow:

:messenger_relieved:

I started finally getting my Office setup in the new House. Recently built a new PC, ordered an Omega Chair, said nah this isn't enough. So I started building shelves and I'm working on gathering a bunch of consoles to display on them. Ended up snagging an Original Xbox that was in great shape and modded with 9 games and controller for $25 bucks. Working on gathering some other stuff this month for the office. Once I build out more shelving I should be able to hold pretty much every console released that I can get my hands on.

aFD8qaX.jpg

Also got Forza Horizon 4 and Assassins Creed Odyssey for free this month so that was a plus.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

*Le Sigh* I'm so weak ..I gave into peer pressure as my friends kept badgering me to get it .I've watched a lot of streams and looks like hella fun but I soo suck at these games tho..
QAH3Vrx.png

Top Bottom