• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarkMan said:
It's not available YET. But soon.

First shot of the box. <3

4909261811_5390748f81_b.jpg

---

@lolmark your shaft cover is on upside down.
Nice. Finally, officially licensed PS3 Madcatz sticks in the US!
Question: does this mean they work with PS2 BC?

RedSquare

Who's the model? She's cute. She should be on the box art, like I thought you meant, until I saw the little Chun-Li box art at the bottom.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Her name is Faye, also goes by Princess Aura. She's on this season's WCG Ultimate Gamer 2 on the SyFy channel.

<3

She's awesome.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I totally feel the Chun-Li stick, but I have to think it would've been aesthetically improved by a yellow bezel reminiscent of the yellow piping on her costume...

Luckily the MadCatz store does offer that particular DIY option now!

MarkMan said:
Her name is Faye, also goes by Princess Aura. She's on this season's WCG Ultimate Gamer 2 on the SyFy channel.

<3

She's awesome.
Is she wearing those $100+ pro gaming sunglasses?

Is there ever a chance that the TE could be made compatible with both systems out of the box?
I know there's Cthulu, etc.

Flek

Banned
@dexa
yeha me too :) Love it!

@thread

new stick <3 yay

4915984531_51a713c1e1_z.jpg

now could somone point me to the right template @ shorjuken … i cant find it ;/

Dartastic

So, I've got a standard SF4 fight stick. I'm pretty sure some of my more... recent shortcomings in SSF4 have been because my buttons have slowly started dying. I'm cool with it I guess, I've put in wayyyy too much time into SF4. Now I guess it's time to start modding it, as buying a new TE stick would probably be more expensive. Now, I know that there are toooons of links in the OP, but what is the best place to buy an entire new set of buttons and a new stick at? Does anyone know of any good deals on anything? I'm looking for something quality, but kinda cheap because if I wanted to spend lots of $ I'd just buy a new SSF4 stick, and I don't have that kind of cash right now. =( So yeah. Help would be super mega appreciated, because to be honest seeing that wall of links is kinda intimidating. :lol

Dartastic

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Anyone have any coupons for the site? I was going to buy from eTokki, but it seems like it'd take longer to ship, and they didn't have the color buttons I wanted. Bah. I'm going to be getting... Sanwa LB-35 Ball Top, Black $2.95, Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Joystick $22.95, and 6 Sanwa OBSF-30, 30mm Pushbutton, Black/Blue 2.95. I'm assuming that's what I want?

Edit - I certainly hope so, because that's the order I placed. :lol

sca2511

Dartastic said:
Anyone have any coupons for the site? I was going to buy from eTokki, but it seems like it'd take longer to ship, and they didn't have the color buttons I wanted. Bah. I'm going to be getting... Sanwa LB-35 Ball Top, Black $2.95, Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Joystick $22.95, and 6 Sanwa OBSF-30, 30mm Pushbutton, Black/Blue 2.95. I'm assuming that's what I want?

Edit - I certainly hope so, because that's the order I placed. :lol

etokki is actually pretty fast. Ordered a PS2 converter from there and it arrived within 2-4 days.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Why are several of the screws on my TE-S rusting?! And no, it's not due to sweat.

Caj814

DaCocoBrova said:
Why are several of the screws on my TE-S rusting?! And no, it's not due to sweat.

Moisture can also cause rust.What type of room do you keep it in?If you keep it around an air cooled room or happen to get a lot of wind in your place when you have a window open,those could be some causes.When I'm not using mines I put it back in the box or in my EVO bag.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
My issue is that this thing wasn't exactly cheap. I sprung on a TE because I wanted quality and attention to detail. I have some other issues with the stick (scratch prone base plastic, embedded nuts falling out), but this one really pissed me off as I've had it for less than 2 months!

Stick_2.jpg

Can't I use flat screws instead of the hex? What are the dimensions?

Caj814

I recently used my Madcatz TE Stick *360* on the PC for the first time on GGPO and SF4 PC.I felt like there was a slight input lag when I was playing both.Online play and offline.Is there a driver I need to download or is something else wrong?

khayri1

Neo Member
Pics of my dual modded VLX that I got a few weeks ago. I swapped the buttons, dust washer, and balltop. Sory for the large pics. I didnt save them that sz.

359bgps.jpg

i38apx.jpg

a9po4o.jpg

viewtiful_dru said:
god damn you man, your VSHG is in such good condition
And I'm the second owner!

Thing gets a lot of use too, between SF4/SSFIV, T6 and Blaz CT/CS I've put maybe an additional 500 hours to however long Rummy Bunz used it.

I've only taken it to 2 tourneys though (secret to good condition revealed?). My Dual mod TE goes with me everywhere since local places are all 360 :(

vulva

so to clarify, if I ordered a dualstrike, I could install it in a 360 stick to dual mod it right? nothing exists to that simplicity to go from ps3 to 360?

mannerbot

Yeah, it's easier to put a ChImp or dual strike board into a 360 stick with common ground PCB than to add 360 to PS3 since the hobby market can't really make the 360 security chips. If you can solder you could just get a common ground 360 PCB though; it's not really that much more complicated.

Dartastic

Craaaaaaaap. Problem. I'm taking apart my SE stick right now, and the jab quick disconnect broke off because it was way, way too tight around the metal. I'm trying to pry out the little remnants of the button, but... it's not going too well. =(

Dartastic said:
Craaaaaaaap. Problem. I'm taking apart my SE stick right now, and the jab quick disconnect broke off because it was way, way too tight around the metal. I'm trying to pry out the little remnants of the button, but... it's not going too well. =(
You should be able to strip down the wire a little bit and re-crimp on the QD

Dartastic

_dementia said:
You should be able to strip down the wire a little bit and re-crimp on the QD

Might do that. I think I'm going to keep trying to pry this little piece of metal out first, because it would make my life easier if I could keep the quick disconnect. :/

Also, I'm looking at the guide for changing the artwork, but I can't seem to figure out how to peel this stupid top off. It's getting frustratingggggg

Edit - Ah, got it. It's basically one big sticker. Woof.

Sanjay

Does any one know the RMA process for a PS3 arcade stick TE, from UK.

Out the blue it just decides to stop working :mad: lights flash up randomly on the stick, nothing gets registered in the game or menu.

On the website it says I have to ring, "1.619.683.9830" looks like an IP address.

If any one has, what's the time it takes to RMA, shipping time and costs.

Sanjay said:
Does any one know the RMA process for a PS3 arcade stick TE, from UK.

Out the blue it just decides to stop working :mad: lights flash up randomly on the stick, nothing gets registered in the game or menu.

On the website it says I have to ring, "1.619.683.9830" looks like an IP address.

If any one has, what's the time it takes to RMA, shipping time and costs.

that's a us phone number

Arzehn

Where's the cheapest yet reliable site that I can get a Madcatz SF TE stick that ships to Canada? Amazon.ca has it for $170, but that's just nuts.

Is there anything else comparable and wired that's 360/PC? I was looking at the Qanba as well on play-asia but the shipping was 55-70 bucks. '- '

Nose Master said:
Hahaha what :lol

Also: Anyone have any tips for increasing the tension in my stick? It seems to have gotten loose lately. I stretched the spring, but that didn't seem to help for long. Is adding another spring my only option?

If you stretch the spring out a good amount and it still goes back to being so loose after a short while, getting a stronger spring to start with is necessary.

Nabs

:lol tried to warn you. new buttons will feel really, really good.

and yeah OBSF-30 is what you're looking for.

notworksafe

Cool, thanks! Now to decide on colors. I'll probably just stick with black and white (or maybe red), since I don't plan on changing my stick art. I'm afraid I'll mess it up! :lol

h3ro

So I have a couple of sticks now, a stock R2 TE, a modded SE and an old Hori EX-2, all for 360. I just found my PS2 copy of Guilty Gear XX and really miss playing this game and I had never played a home console fighter on a stick until this gen.

Anyone know of a converter I could use on my PS3 that would allow me to use my 360 sticks? I recall one that had some small switches on it for each button/function that seemed to do the job for those that wanted to use the 360 controller on PS3 for shooters. Anyone know if this converter would work for me and where I could pick it up?

I recall that the PS3 Mad Catz sticks had issues with PS2 BC games, but since I would be converting it from 360->PS3/2, would I encounter the same issue?

h3ro said:
So I have a couple of sticks now, a stock R2 TE, a modded SE and an old Hori EX-2, all for 360. I just found my PS2 copy of Guilty Gear XX and really miss playing this game and I had never played a home console fighter on a stick until this gen.

Anyone know of a converter I could use on my PS3 that would allow me to use my 360 sticks? I recall one that had some small switches on it for each button/function that seemed to do the job for those that wanted to use the 360 controller on PS3 for shooters. Anyone know if this converter would work for me and where I could pick it up?

I recall that the PS3 Mad Catz sticks had issues with PS2 BC games, but since I would be converting it from 360->PS3/2, would I encounter the same issue?

I'd just add a CHimp to whichever Mad Catz stick you'd want to use on multiple systems (not the Hori, won't work) and you're golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom