• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
CO_Andy said:
It'd be awesome if you could start a website detailing arcade sticks, MarkMan.

Can't imagine there's a soul out there with a bigger collection than you :lol

Although MarkMans project is a bit more ambitious, we do have some information on new sticks on our site: http://www.iplaywinner.com/stock-gallery/

It's a work in progress but we should have mod tutorials and more reviews etc at some point.

I think there is a real need for a full on arcade stick site at this point though. I know there are some out there right now, but I think the overall format on some of these sites could be done a little better to make them more accessible.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
ascii-arcade-stick.jpg

Busted this out this morning to play a lil' SFII:T on my OG XBOX. This is one fine-ass stick. Reminded me why I love bat tops so much.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Okay stick-age, I think the Mad Catz SFIV stick pretty much sold me on the idea of getting an arcade perfect experience at home. I've come to accept that a wired controller is also a necessity.

Having surfed though this and many other threads, I still have a couple of questions, clarifications:

1. For the best experience, I would want Sanwa stick and Sanwa buttons, right?

2. Is such a stick available today or is SFIV the first one? I haven't seen any sticks with Sanwa buttons so far. If so, where?

3. I would assume buying for Xbox 360 is a better choice, as all the fighting games go there, as are Pac-Man, Ikaruga and according to Edge even Thunder Force IV. Is this the right assumption?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
There are a few sticks out there that have Sanwa stick/buttons.

The Virtua Stick High Grade (PS3), Hori Real Arcade PRO 2 SA (PS2), and the Hori Real Arcade PRO SA (PS2) are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

The Mad Catz SF4 premium stick will also have Sanwa stick/buttons, and while I won't/can't say what else at this time. It will have a ton of features/details that haven't been seen before in retail arcade stick offerings.

:)

More details real soon.

Chittagong said:
Okay stick-age, I think the Mad Catz SFIV stick pretty much sold me on the idea of getting an arcade perfect experience at home. I've come to accept that a wired controller is also a necessity.

Having surfed though this and many other threads, I still have a couple of questions, clarifications:

1. For the best experience, I would want Sanwa stick and Sanwa buttons, right?

2. Is such a stick available today or is SFIV the first one? I haven't seen any sticks with Sanwa buttons so far. If so, where?

3. I would assume buying for Xbox 360 is a better choice, as all the fighting games go there, as are Pac-Man, Ikaruga and according to Edge even Thunder Force IV. Is this the right assumption?
Thunder Force Four?

The Mega Drive game?

Chittagong

Gold Member
MarkMan said:

The Virtua Stick High Grade (PS3), Hori Real Arcade PRO 2 SA (PS2), and the Hori Real Arcade PRO SA (PS2) are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

The Mad Catz SF4 premium stick will also have Sanwa stick/buttons, and while I won't/can't say what else at this time. It will have a ton of features/details that haven't been seen before in retail arcade stick offerings.

More details real soon.

Sounds awesome, like said your work on the SFIV premium is what inspired me to get an arcade stick finally. That said, you need to get on with it and ship it already, I'd buy one right now. I'm sure Capcom won't mind if you bet the game to the market by a quarter! What's your take on Arcade-in-a-box by the way?

_dementia said:
Thunder Force Four?

The Mega Drive game?

haha yeah. hit by dementia. I mean VI. The STG-001 one.

Burai

shitonmychest57
MarkMan said:

More details real soon.

Are there any plans for an EU release for your sexy sticks?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I think Arcade In A Box is great... not just AIAB though, lots of custom arcade stick makers I hold in high regard (finkle, TMO, Byrdo, etc.)...

BTW, if you guys haven't seen TMO's new venture yet...

http://norrisarcadesticks.com

MarkMan approved.

Lots of nice cases ready for those who want a DIY solution but don't want to make their own case.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Which Semitsu did you end up putting in there? And how did you modify the mounting bracket for it? The HRAP1 Amazon.co.jp Edition is the same as the HRAP1 Ver. B if I remember correctly.

Too lazy to open mine and check lol.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ah, I see. I was just curious that's all.

From the picture, it doesn't look like the stick installed is a Seimitsu stick (just ball top)...

It looks like the stock HRAP Sanwa JLF in there still lol...

---

Oh yea, quick survey. Remember that project I was talking about awhile ago?

What sounds better?

arcade-stick.com
arcade-sticks.com
arcade-fightstick.com
fighting-tech.com

MarkMan said:
Ah, I see. I was just curious that's all.

From the picture, it doesn't look like the stick installed is a Seimitsu stick (just ball top)...

It looks like the stock HRAP Sanwa JLF in there still lol...

---

Oh yea, quick survey. Remember that project I was talking about awhile ago?

What sounds better?

arcade-stick.com
arcade-sticks.com
arcade-fightstick.com
fighting-tech.com
Fighting/fightick-anything is a bad idea. Shmuppers game on sticks too!

CO_Andy

If you're still open to suggestions regarding site names i've got a few, MarkMan:

joystickrebellion
fightingessentials
as-museum (arcade stick museum)
arcadefan
arcadereview
arcadecritic
marksbigstick

Out of that list you posted i'd choose arcade-stick.com

Deadlock

arcade-stick.com
That would probably get the most hits from browser searches. And the name is what it would be.
BTW, when are the SFIV sticks being released in Europe? I have wanted a good stick for the longest, and told the wife it is my number 1 list item for Christmas. But which one to get.....he he

JEKKI

hey markmang u should totally go JEKKISTYLE with your website name.

if I were you, I would name the site stickonomics or stickonometry

Johnkers

MarkMan said:
arcade-stick.com
arcade-sticks.com
arcade-fightstick.com
fighting-tech.com

Just throwing my two cents in, all of those names sort of sound... like dodgy domains that lead to those advertising portals =/

where can i get that 360 HRAP EX earlier than uh, december 28 (according to amazon).

the sites i've found are either sold out or have it for rape prices

A lot of people have asked me about where they can purchase an HRAP EX.

Renchi.com now has them in stock again but now they've dramatically rasied the price (add another ~$40 for shipping too).

I'd suggest you preorder yours on Amazon to get a much better price and free shipping, tbh. You'd have to wait until December 29, but it's worth it considering the alternative.

Baron

I have the PS3 HRAP3 pictured below here. I want to replace the Hori buttons with Sanwa buttons. Is there any special part I need to go with or do the Sanwa standard OBSF-30 buttons fit and work just fine with this stick?

Sanwa OBSF-30 button:
OBSF30.jpg

The stick in question:
hrap3.jpg

CPS2

Those should be fine. Just make sure to use snap in, because the screw in versions sometimes end up too close together and don't fit too well. You can also use 30mm Seimitsu.

You don't need any other parts either. Just some basic tools to unscrew the bottom plate, and maybe a small flat head screw driver to remove the disconnects from the buttons.

Baron

Sweet, thanks for the help guys. You know, my first Hori stick was the HRAP 2 SA with all-Sanwa parts, and I expected a similar button feel from this PS3 stick, but I can totally tell the difference between the Sanwa buttons on the SA and the Hori buttons on the standard stick. I'm tempted to just buy the PS3 HRAP SA coming next month instead of modding this one and just selling the white HRAP3, but I'm already buying the USA release 360 HRAP EX in December, and I'm jobless right now, so I gotta draw the line somewhere. :p

This arcade stick buying business can get addicting.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The official Street Fighter IV arcade sticks should be in GameStop's system for preorders as soon as tomorrow, if not... early next week.

The official names of the products are....

Street Fighter IV FightStick
Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition
Street Fighter IV FightPad

Expect some major news next week on Capcom-Unity, SDTEKKEN, and SRK!

manzo

God damnit. I should've waited and ordered the stick from Renchi at the same time as _dementia ordered his.

2 weeks before the Renchi resupply happened, I ordered mine from snk-capcom, paid the stick in advance and now they're not getting the sticks before the US supply. Fucking hell, I would be playing Raiden IV with a HRAP EX by now!!!

FUCK! >_<

Baron said:
This arcade stick buying business can get addicting.

Or a torture if you're in the 360 camp. :(

Guymelef

MarkMan said:
The official Street Fighter IV arcade sticks should be in GameStop's system for preorders as soon as tomorrow, if not... early next week.

Any word about a european release?
Import this huge sticks is very expensive.

KdoubleA

I got my all-sanwa PS3/X360 Arcade-In-A-Box stick 2 weeks ago and I'm really happy with my purchase. It was quite expensive but I can't feel bad about that because the build quality is sooo top notch, and very sturdy, and the artwork finish is excellent.

Awesome product...Thanks AIAB :)

pics001001.jpg

pics001002.jpg

Sorry about the cam quality, I know it's shit :(

F#A#Oo

Banned
MarkMan said:

European release?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Regarding international/European release. I don't have that info, I'll have to double/triple check with some people.

rykomatsu said:
DSC02062.jpg

now mine :p just...sitting at a relative's place across the pond atm until i go pick it up from them in dec :/

Nice! Where did you get it from and how much did it destroy your wallet for? X_X

MoxManiac

MarkMan said:

Don't suppose there's any pricing info?

tournament edition is teh sanwa, right?

alisdair

MarkMan said:
Regarding international/European release. I don't have that info, I'll have to double/triple check with some people.
That would be much appreciated, if you could do it. Us Europeans always get screwed out of the best stuff.

i been puting this off for too long and with SF2 HD coming next week i got it do this now and Gaffers i need your HELP.

i have a HRAP 2 and i want to play SF2 HD on my ps3, what is the best adapter i can buy. i know there is the pelican one but it is impossible to find. what is my other options?

thanks.

JEKKI

I dont get it, what does that panel thing on the Otomedius stick do??

is it like a touch screen or something?

does it read your fortune and love quarters? If you give it a quarter it will tell your fortune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom