• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagaman

Found one of those Fighting Stick 3's in GAME's sale for £18, so sod it, it'll do me for now. Would it be worth modifying it with better parts, or would that cost me roughly what one of those better PS3 sticks cost to buy? Take note I'd have to import one of those buggers and I'd rather not blow that amount of cash on one controller.

mollipen

So, I spent some time the other day with some stick... Hori EX2 or something like that. For Xbox 360, came with some VF5 branding stuff. Stick was total garbage - is that representative of all of Hori's 360 sticks? If so, then I guess my only hope is to wait for this SFIV stick that's coming out.

"So what do you think are the top 3 best PC arcade sticks out their right now? I want one for SF 4. So whats the best 3 right now?"

Without requiring some sort of adapter? That'd be the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3, some kind of X360 or PS3 custom stick (Maybe Arcade-in-a-box?), or a Hori Fighting Stick 3/EX if you're on a budget.

Keep in mind this is just "right now." There's the upcoming Mad Catz SF4 stick that's shaping up to be *really* good.

User2k

Hey guys, I'm thinking of finally buying a stick today (retro pay just kicked in, nice paycheck). The local store has a Hori Fighting Stick 3, and the Hori Soul Caliber 4 sticks (Real Arcade Pro?). Both sticks are primarily for the PS3. I need something that works on both my PS3 (or X360, don't care really) and my PC (Vista 64bit). Will either of these do?

Grug

Can anyone confirm that the Hori Fighting Stick 3 for PS3 also works on PC (Vista).

I've never seen such an array of contradictory reports in my life.

User2k

Grug said:
Can anyone confirm that the Hori Fighting Stick 3 for PS3 also works on PC (Vista).

I've never seen such an array of contradictory reports in my life.

From what I've read, it works for some games and not others. It looks Real Arcade Pro truly works for both PC and console. Of course this isn't based on personal experience, just research.

rocK`

Banned
rocK` said:
Yo markman, any ideas what/when a good pelican/REAL converter will come around, I've got a pelican but its acting up (cuts out after like 10 minutes of use) and want to get something going for some MAME/melty blood action.

help me markman, you're my only hope

lupin23rd

Just to confirm (I thought I saw MarkMan post this on some board), the HRAP2 / HRAP 3 models from Amazon are the same as their non-Amazon counterparts other than the additional money Play-Asia charges for them, correct?

Kind of stuck right now, really want something to play on my PS2 (for Cave shooters) but REALLY want that black / white HRAP3...

Baron

lupin23rd said:
Just to confirm (I thought I saw MarkMan post this on some board), the HRAP2 / HRAP 3 models from Amazon are the same as their non-Amazon counterparts other than the additional money Play-Asia charges for them, correct?

Kind of stuck right now, really want something to play on my PS2 (for Cave shooters) but REALLY want that black / white HRAP3...

I bought that black/white Amazon-exclusive HRAP3 - and it is extremely awesome. Highly recommended. I also bought the HRAP2-SA PS2 stick earlier this year, and that's awesome too. I can't decide which stick I like more. They play very similarly (need to put the Sanwa stick through some paces, tho), but the color differences are cool.

hori.jpg

Hey guys, Renchi.com has HRAP EXes in stock. I got an email this morning.

Yama

Does anybody happen to have the Ascii CVS2 (PS2) stick?

B000066C3T.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I had the red version and absolutely LOVED it. The best stick I've ever had. However too much MvC2 and one of the buttons broke (the board snaped, it wasn't a typical fixable design).

I would be willing to pay via PayPal, just name an amount. I know the chances of finding one is slim, but hopefully GAF can come through. PM me if you can. Thanks so much.

LOL, I came here to ask about the ASCII stick too.

Anyway, does anyone know the difference between the two sticks that EXAR is releasing for Wii? Aside from the artwork, I can't tell.

viewtiful_dru said:
LOL, I came here to ask about the ASCII stick too.

Anyway, does anyone know the difference between the two sticks that EXAR is releasing for Wii? Aside from the artwork, I can't tell.
The button orientation is the only difference I think.

_dementia said:
Hey guys, Renchi.com has HRAP EXes in stock. I got an email this morning.

Looks like they're sold out. Arcade Shock won't have their stock until late November or early December.

It doesn't help that Markman is teasing us...

I like the designs of the stick. All Sanwa parts for the high-end version is nice too.

Hopefully, they work on PC like HRAP 3.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
So i finally came across a HORI fighting ex2 stick pretty cheap. After playing with it for a bit, its clearly not the best stick i played with, but for its price, its more than decent.

I tried looking on the web if it worked on a PC as well, and it seems so. But i didnt found really any good infos, people saying to use driver X, others driver Y, etc.

Anyone know a good way to get it working on PC ?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
1. Mod the gate at least to an octagonal one. It's a decent stick once you do that.

2. Links to the proper drivers for PC are in this very thread, although I'm not sure what page.

lupin23rd

Baron said:
I bought that black/white Amazon-exclusive HRAP3 - and it is extremely awesome. Highly recommended. I also bought the HRAP2-SA PS2 stick earlier this year, and that's awesome too. I can't decide which stick I like more. They play very similarly (need to put the Sanwa stick through some paces, tho), but the color differences are cool.

Just got my HRAP3 today, can't wait to put it out. Is the stick supposed to click a lot? I didn't notice that in real arcades :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
And make the first four the main face buttons. ;)

---

Here's what I got today...

Adding two new arcade sticks to my collection... Brings me to a grand total of 65 arcade sticks.

The ones I got today were especially notable because they are almost impossible to find mint in box nowadays. Heck, some people probably haven't even seen or heard of them. Another special thing about these two stick lever is an optical stick which is pretty much identical in construction to the Sanwa Flash arcade stick that is so sought after... An optical stick is much like the Happ Perfect 360 arcade sticks, it uses an optical sensor and has no click when registering inputs.

ASCII Street Fighter Zero 3 PS1 Arcade Stick

3007087434_1c4be9d2f0.jpg

ASCII Rival Schools PS1 Arcade Stick

3006249509_55a9cca38e.jpg

Both complete with box/instruction manuals, sticker insert sheet, and character movelist cards!

Here's a few more pics of what it looks like...

3006248507_6861991d92.jpg

3006250527_860af4d76e.jpg

CPS2

Very nice! Looks kinda like a VSHG...

I still have red buttons and balltop on my HRAPEX, still deciding whether to change them to white, should be getting a replica vewlix panel soon.

UC1 said:
Very nice! Looks kinda like a VSHG...

I still have red buttons and balltop on my HRAPEX, still deciding whether to change them to white, should be getting a replica vewlix panel soon.
Heh, that was my intention once I saw the gray/black OBSFs for sale. I didn't care for the yellow start/select buttons, so I left them alone though.

Viewlix theme sounds awesome. Be sure to post it here for us once complete!

CO_Andy

It'd be awesome if you could start a website detailing arcade sticks, MarkMan.

Can't imagine there's a soul out there with a bigger collection than you :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I thought it was known that Hori will be releasing the HRAP3/HRAPEX stateside this Winter already?

Oh well, good thing you brought it up again, cuz it looks like not everyone knew!

---

CO_Andy, I do highlight sticks/converters/controllers on the Tech-Area area of my site. Maybe I should make a new site for fighting game controllers. :) !

What should I call it!?

arcade-stick.com is available...

I want to DO it! But I want someone else to be the webmaster/design person. I want to manage content.

Spread the word!?

MarkMan said:
CO_Andy, I do highlight sticks/converters/controllers on the Tech-Area area of my site. Maybe I should make a new site for fighting game controllers. :) !

please do. It would make a nice compliment to slagcoin and the custom side of things.

CO_Andy

MarkMan said:
I thought it was known that Hori will be releasing the HRAP3/HRAPEX stateside this Winter already?

Oh well, good thing you brought it up again, cuz it looks like not everyone knew!

---

What should I call it!?

arcade-stick.com is available...

I want to DO it! But I want someone else to be the webmaster/design person. I want to manage content.

Spread the word!?
Can't think of anything clever, but yeah, i know you've got a little section on your site dedicated to such. Just checked markman.com; already taken by some sleazy investment firm :p

It'd be an even radder site like you said if it accommodated game pads and converters as well.

Anybody know what the part numbers are for a Semitsu button swap and octogonal gate for an HRAP3? I'm new to the modding scene so I wanna make sure I get the right stuff.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Does anyone know if there's a plan for an EU release for the HRAP's? I can't find any way to get one without getting raped by shipping.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
donkey show said:
Anybody know what the part numbers are for a Semitsu button swap and octogonal gate for an HRAP3? I'm new to the modding scene so I wanna make sure I get the right stuff.

Seimitsu buttons, depending on which kinds you want, have different numbers.

Do you have a picture of what you want?

Check www.akihabarashop.jp ... They are seperated by numbers.

The Sanwa octagonal gate is part: GT-Y

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yama said:
Does anybody happen to have the Ascii CVS2 (PS2) stick?

B000066C3T.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I had the red version and absolutely LOVED it. The best stick I've ever had. However too much MvC2 and one of the buttons broke (the board snaped, it wasn't a typical fixable design).

I would be willing to pay via PayPal, just name an amount. I know the chances of finding one is slim, but hopefully GAF can come through. PM me if you can. Thanks so much.

Saw this while looking for MORE stickz the other day!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180304040156

Although, he put a bat top on it...

donkey show said:
30mm Seitmitsu PS-14-G and PS-14-GN work. GN screws in and G snaps in place. I think G is more convienient. Octagonal gate in Sanwa GT-Y. You can get these at lizardlick.com or akihabarashop.jp

manzo said:
Where did you get yours?

I'm still waiting for my order from SNKCAPCOM. ;__;
Renchi.com got some new stock in October 31 and sold out the same day
It's coming stateside in late December so if worse comes to worse I imagine you'd cancel your order and have it by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom