• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeb

My brother modded his TE stick...
k3rrqv.jpg

keychain.

Momar

aka Ryder
_dementia said:
Hottest guts ever.

Anyone have an answer to this?

I don't see any reason why it should work. I'm guessing it converts it into a generic PC controller; can you normally use a PC game controller on the PS3? I think your answer may lie there.

Rufus

I have that thing and it shows up as a regular HID-Device, so I would assume so, but still... (You mean "shouldn't", right?)

SmokyDave

Momar said:
I don't see any reason why it should work. I'm guessing it converts it into a generic PC controller; can you normally use a PC game controller on the PS3? I think your answer may lie there.
I use USB Saturn Pads originally designed for the PC on my PS3 with no problems. I wonder if that Mayflash adaptor is plug 'n' play or whether it needs drivers? That'd be the important bit I'd assume.

Rufus

SmokyDave said:
I use USB Saturn Pads originally designed for the PC on my PS3 with no problems. I wonder if that Mayflash adaptor is plug 'n' play or whether it needs drivers? That'd be the important bit I'd assume.
I'll turn off automatic driver downloads an plug it in real quick. Didn't think of doing that since switching to Windows 7 retail. We'll see.

edit:
Okay, plugged it in first time on a new Win 7 Home Premium install. It only installed standard Microsoft drivers, every button works. Didn't have to install anything else.
Shows up as "HID-conform Gamecontroller" in the device manager and as "Mayflash Wii Classic Controller" under "Devices and Printers".

Same process for the Saturn USB pad I have. It shows up as "USB Gamepad" in devices and printers. Don't think that's significant though.

Thanks for the experiment.
I have a friend who is considering getting the TvC stick so he can use it on the PS3 and Wii, and this will be the easiest and cheapest way for him to do so (he's not interested in PS2 + converters route, and PS2 HRAPs are more expensive than the TvC stick anyway).

Still, he really doesn't want to risk spending $95.00 on something that might work.
Have any of you specifically used this Mayflash adapter with the TvC stick on an actually PS3 without any issues? MarkMan perhaps?

Installing the Joytron Paewang Revolution dualmod PCB tomorrow in my Namco (sanwa parts).

Should be a breeze with the help of a good friend and if the Paewang works as promised should be good times in coming tournaments and game nights with random PS3/360 machines around.

shtick.jpg

This is what it looks now, i was thinking of ordering one of those plexiglasses with a full etched picture of the dragon tattoo from the Yakuza games :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Does anyone have any info on how to get a PS3 SFIV TE Stick to work on PC? I have an Intel MoBo (i5 750 processor and nvidia GTX260) but I can't get it to fully recognize the stick. Any help would be great.

EDIT: I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

Lourio

Unfortunately, I think your problem is that your running a 64-bit Windows 7..

edit: from what I found, this shouldn't be a problem if your using the 360 version of the TE. The PS3 version may need some extra drivers installed to function properly.

kdash7

Got a question..

Is there going to be any difference between the SFIV TE stick and SSFIV TE stick.

I am planning to buy the TE stick..can figure out which one to buy!! Should I wait for the Super TE stick?

kdash7 said:
Got a question..

Is there going to be any difference between the SFIV TE stick and SSFIV TE stick.

I am planning to buy the TE stick..can figure out which one to buy!! Should I wait for the Super TE stick?

Markman would be the best source but the plastic sides are gone, new artwork and a new PCB.

No word on whether there will be a S SE.

Also picked up a MVC2 360 TE. I might have Akuma001 Dualmod it.

miserable

Hey guys, i just bought a DC with 2 official arcade sticks (the Agetec ones), and i'm thinking modding them (just the buttons and the stick, i don't want to swap the board or multimod).What parts do you recommend, and where to get them? I'm from eastern yurop btw.Also, i would need a noob-friendly tutorial for modding these sticks, i haven't done any stick modding, in fact it was about 10 years ago when i last used an arcade stick.
Any help would be appreciated.

snk2 said:
Hey guys, i just bought a DC with 2 official arcade sticks (the Agetec ones), and i'm thinking modding them (just the buttons and the stick, i don't want to swap the board or multimod).What parts do you recommend, and where to get them? I'm from eastern yurop btw.Also, i would need a noob-friendly tutorial for modding these sticks, i haven't done any stick modding, in fact it was about 10 years ago when i last used an arcade stick.
Any help would be appreciated.
Your in luck. Those DC sticks are very mod friendly when it comes to swapping parts. I suggest you get Sanwa buttons. The DC stick have easy disconnects, so your good.
Go to this sites to order

www.lizardlick.com
www.gamingnow.net

If you ever feel comfortable to change the actual stick it self, the process is not as hard as you think. Cheers.

DoubleTap

_dementia said:
Thanks for the experiment.
I have a friend who is considering getting the TvC stick so he can use it on the PS3 and Wii, and this will be the easiest and cheapest way for him to do so (he's not interested in PS2 + converters route, and PS2 HRAPs are more expensive than the TvC stick anyway).

Still, he really doesn't want to risk spending $95.00 on something that might work.
Have any of you specifically used this Mayflash adapter with the TvC stick on an actually PS3 without any issues? MarkMan perhaps?

Bad news - Your friend will have to get seperate sticks. It's not the adapter's fault though. The problem is that the CC's L and R buttons are actually analog triggers and not buttons. So the PS3 is not even recognizing them.

On the PC they act the same. I've had to load the included mayflash drivers so that the L & R would be assigned as buttons instead of "sliders". Works perfectly for SFIV PC after that.

So yeah, the mayflash works as advertised. I was hoping they'd work on the PS3 but no big loss for me.

EDIT: Bravo to Markman and Madcatz for the stick and buttons on the TvC stick. They're fantastic. You guys should release some sort of "TE-lite" stick with these and use the first version of the TE body with no licensed artwork, so you'll have a "mid-range" stick. I'd buy one.

StylusX

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, I apologise if not. I want to use my X360 stick (modded SFIV SE) on a PS3. Are there any good converters out?

Also got an old Namco PS1/PS2 stick, so is theres any good converters for that? I really want to use my 360 stick though.

DoubleTap said:
Bad news - Your friend will have to get seperate sticks. It's not the adapter's fault though. The problem is that the CC's L and R buttons are actually analog triggers and not buttons. So the PS3 is not even recognizing them.

On the PC they act the same. I've had to load the included mayflash drivers so that the L & R would be assigned as buttons instead of "sliders". Works perfectly for SFIV PC after that.

So yeah, the mayflash works as advertised. I was hoping they'd work on the PS3 but no big loss for me.

EDIT: Bravo to Markman and Madcatz for the stick and buttons on the TvC stick. They're fantastic. You guys should release some sort of "TE-lite" stick with these and use the first version of the TE body with no licensed artwork, so you'll have a "mid-range" stick. I'd buy one.
Thanks a bunch.

Are zL and zR analog as well?

Due to the quick disconnects he should easily be able to rewire the buttons to work properly if they are not.

StylusX said:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, I apologise if not. I want to use my X360 stick (modded SFIV SE) on a PS3. Are there any good converters out?

Also got an old Namco PS1/PS2 stick, so is theres any good converters for that? I really want to use my 360 stick though.
For the 360 stick to work on the PS3 you need to get a CHIMP board from toodles. You could go here to get the board. www.lizardlick.com or www.gamingnow.net
To get a idea on Dual Modding, here's a good tutorial http://shoryuken.com/content.php?r=39-Fight-Stick-Dual-Mod-Tutorial-For-All-Levels
usually, people tell you some dumb shit like "Go to SRK" but actually give no link to where on SRK. As for the Namco stick, I'm not sure want you meant with that comment, do you want to dual mod it? Or only use it for the PS3 only? If PS3 only, go here for a list of converters
http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/converters/
If you want to dual mod, you need that CHIMP board and a 360 wired pad pcb

DoubleTap

_dementia said:
Thanks a bunch.

Are zL and zR analog as well?

Due to the quick disconnects he should easily be able to rewire the buttons to work properly if they are not.

zL and zR are digital and were detected by the PS3, so yup, he could rewire it.

I didn't note the button assignments though but I'm sure he could figure it out. I do remember that "-" is start and x is x.

StylusX

ShinobiFist said:
For the 360 stick to work on the PS3 you need to get a CHIMP board from toodles. You could go here to get the board. www.lizardlick.com or www.gamingnow.net
To get a idea on Dual Modding, here's a good tutorial http://shoryuken.com/content.php?r=39-Fight-Stick-Dual-Mod-Tutorial-For-All-Levels
usually, people tell you some dumb shit like "Go to SRK" but actually give no link to where on SRK. As for the Namco stick, I'm not sure want you meant with that comment, do you want to dual mod it? Or only use it for the PS3 only? If PS3 only, go here for a list of converters
http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/converters/
If you want to dual mod, you need that CHIMP board and a 360 wired pad pcb

Dual modding is way out to complicated for me to do:(

Sorry...should have been more clear, yep just need it to work on the PS3. That list of converters is perfect.

Thanks for the help.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
1) Assuming it's PS3, get The Hori Real Arcade Pro 3. It's the best stock stick under $100
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GDQRZM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If it's 360, the best you can get for under $100 is the Standard Madcatz Fightstick
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001M22VCU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2) PS3's HRAP3 is quality stuff. Reliable and its lever is an arcade-spec Sanwa JLF.
360's SE fightsticks had some quality control issues in their initial run, but they have reportedly been phased out.

3) Square gates are most common among players, and are standard on official SFIV arcade cabinets.

Ended up buying the Hori Arcade Pro 3 for my PS3 today thanks to you. I searched for like 4 hours straight, and was at the buy screen for so many different websites on different things, and even called my Gamestop to see if they still had MvC2 sticks.

My total was 88 bucks for it. So now my question is does anyone around here own one and know if it was worth it? .-. I'm always picky about dropping money on accessories, because I got burned a lot back in the day by Madcatz lol.

C-Jo

Haha alright, my TE stick may have gotten thrown and it looks like someone managed to rip the mounting plate clean off. What are my repair options? I was thinking about tack welding it back on, but that's serious business.

Here's a shitty pic for no reason at all:

23721_480581595458_903860458_11137840_2498956_n.jpg

MarkMan, if I can't weld it back in place, does MatCatz deal in replacement parts at all?

Finally got around to taking a picture of my rebuilt stick. Cell phone camera, so forgive the quality.

Put the original version of said stick on top for reference. Quite an improvement :D

GiefOldAndNewStick.jpg

Snapshot King said:
Finally got around to taking a picture of my rebuilt stick. Cell phone camera, so forgive the quality.

Put the original version of said stick on top for reference. Quite an improvement :D

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/Snapshot86/GiefOldAndNewStick.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Holy hell!! Brilliant!! :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, saw this thread and just wanted to show off >_>.

Considering I'm a whore I'll probably have the same guy make me a Dudley version for when super drops.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
C-Jo said:
MarkMan, if I can't weld it back in place, does MatCatz deal in replacement parts at all?

Spot/tack weld it back on, but if that is too daunting, contact MCZ Tech Support and explain the situation about it falling off, I'm sure they will help you out.

PM me if you need more details.

TofuEater

I have problems navigating the XBL dashboard with my MadCatz TE stick. Directions work fine in SF4.

I have tried both LS and DP settings at the top, does not work on either setting.

Any ideas?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
TofuEater said:
I have problems navigating the XBL dashboard with my MadCatz TE stick. Directions work fine in SF4.

I have tried both LS and DP settings at the top, does not work on either setting.

Any ideas?

It should have no problem while on DP. LS it won't work. And that is ODD that it's working on both in SF4 but not on dashboard.

That's the first I ever heard of that happening, I'd try contacting tech support for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom