• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
8/2 - 8/10: Mad Catz Tougeki Promo - 20-30% FightSticks + $100 F/S Round 2 TE!

NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM AUGUST 2 - AUGUST 10, 2010!

ALSO NOTE, ONLY ONE COUPON CODE CAN BE USED AT A TIME! IF YOU WANT TO GET A DISCOUNT ON BOTH A SUPER STREET FIGHTER ORDER AND/OR A REGULAR TE STICK ORDER, FIGHTPAD/SE FIGHTSTICK YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE SEPARATE ORDERS!

This weekend, Mad Catz will be at Super Battle Opera/Tougeki Qualifiers in San Mateo, California! We are supporting the competitive fighting game scene and want to see America's hopefuls do well in Japan later this year!

We're also running a special deal to commemorate our partnership with Super Battle Opera Qualifiers! Right now on our GameShark Store, take advantage of 20-30% off all fighting game related products! Use coupon code SUPERSBO (case sensitive) for 20% off all new Super Street Fighter™ IV Arcade FightSticks and FightPads! Use coupon code TOUGEKI for even more savings with 30% off all fighting game related products (excluding Super SFIV).

Also to celebrate the weekend, the GameShark store has another deal for Fighting Game fans! By using coupon code ROUND2 you save $50 on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 models of the Street Fighter™ IV ROUND 2 Arcade TE FightSticks! We're also throwing in FREE GROUND SHIPPING! Don't miss out on your chance to own one of these highly regarded, award-winning SFIV controllers!

These promos expire end of day Tuesday, August 10th!

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more deals & promotions in the future!
Hello everyone! MarkMan here with another discount for the gaming community <3 !

There will be another special Mad Catz Store ( http://store.gameshark.com ) promotion going on this week/weekend!

We will be doing 20-30% off certain products!

The 20%* OFF Super Street Fighter IV includes the following... CODE = SUPERSBO

SS44738_WHITE.jpg
SS48838_BLACK.jpg

88280_RYU.jpg
47280_JURI.jpg

The 30%* OFF** product list includes the following... CODE = TOUGEKI

TVC5718.jpg
MV2-4738.jpg

4738.gif
4718.gif
4728-guile.jpg

• Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Arcade FightStick for Wii
  • MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick (Standard Edition) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV FightPad (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Round 2" FightPad for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360

The $50* OFF** & INCLUDES FREE GROUND SHIPPING! ... CODE = ROUND2

SF4-RD2-4738.jpg

• Street Fighter IV "Round 2" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360

WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE our NEW range of Mad Catz FightStick Parts. Currently we have dust cover sets (with the arrowed design) and bezels for the Tournament Edition sticks. With MORE to come!

stick_shaft_dust_cyan.jpg
stick_bezel_lightpurple.jpg

• FightStick Parts - Dust Cover Set (13 different colors)
  • FightStick Parts - Bezel (13 different colors)
  • Sanwa JLF Joystick (Pre-Order)
  • Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons (Pre-Order)
  • Sanwa OBSF-24 Pushbuttons (Pre-Order)
Here are some shots of what the parts look like on a stick...

26584_328774448882_507353882_3611114_1721972_n.jpg

37290_402649548882_507353882_4431258_7427095_n.jpg

Also NEW to our web store is the LIMITED EDITION shirt inspired by legendary fighting game player, Daigo "THE BEAST" Umehara...

TShirt-TeamMad.jpg

• Team Mad Catz T-Shirt (Available in S, M, L, XL, 2XL)
For a shirt size chart, please reference this link.

* Offer available to continental US residents only (Sorry International buyers! Plan ahead and see if a US buddy can help you with this deal)!
** Deal not valid for Super Street Fighter IV Products

THIS DEAL IS LIVE NOW!!!

8/2 - 8/10: Mad Catz Tougeki Promo - 20-30% FightSticks + $100 F/S Round 2 TE!

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Crossposted from SRK.com --

The embodiment of Sanwa and Seimitsu's long struggle for component supremacy:

vxsa1.jpg

- Hori RAP VX-SA case / PCB

- VHT Penetrating Vinyl Dye / Satin White (stock case is Xbox 360 off-white/grey, button caps are obviously black)

- Appropriately, the parts are mixed:

LS-32-01 / Sanwa meshball
OSBF-30s (layout changed from Microsoft-mandated crap)
A PS-14-DN, because for whatever reason Sanwa doesn't make pink 24mms

- Etched dustwasher from the inimitable Arthong:

vxsa2.jpg

- Panel designed by me and printed at GameOnGrafix.com:

vxsa5.jpg

I aped the style of Capcom VS. series designs for the logo. Sanwa and Seimitsu logotype is authentic, but I had to shrink down the Sanwa elephant to balance things:

vxsa6.jpg

Regrets: I got a couple runs with the dye. The moral of the story is lighter coats, I guess. Also, the GameOnGrafix material proved to be difficult to cut. I couldn't get the rounded corners perfect, which kills me every time I look at it. Oh well, lessons learned.

Apenheul

Having been on vacation in Japan and having visited several arcades got me to buy some Sanwa parts at Mak Japan to put in my two Madcatz Tatsunoko vs Capcom sticks. I've never swapped parts before but with this stick it was remarkably easy for a total noob like me. It's not that I thought that the original parts weren't good enough (honestly, I thought the stick was great out of the box) but the idea of having top-of-the-line parts just appealed to me, even though I don't particularly enjoy fighting games.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Aokage said:
Crossposted from SRK.com --

The embodiment of Sanwa and Seimitsu's long struggle for component supremacy:
Ah, so good. Love the little touches, like the model names of each company's parts on the top and bottom and the logos redone in pink/baby blue.

gunstarhero

Hey guys -

I'm planning on modding my VLX today with Seimitsu parts: swapping the buttons and the stick for a LS-32... but just realized I dont have an 8gate for it. Ugh.

Anyway - I'm assuming the LS-32 Round Restrictor Plate is the closest thing to an 8gate, since I don't see something on Lizard Lick that actually says "8".

Also - has anyone tried using an aluminum bat on the LS-32? Did you need an extra spring to counter the weight?

The LS-32 will still work, you'll just need to strip the wires from the 5-pin connector and solder them to the correct pins on the the stick.

Threi

notag
Does the Namco PS1 stick and the Hori EX2 use the same stick? I saw it mentioned on SRK that they use the same Hori stick, and it's a placebo effect essentially that makes people praise the Namco stick while dismissing the Hori EX2.

Threi said:
Does the Namco PS1 stick and the Hori EX2 use the same stick? I saw it mentioned on SRK that they use the same Hori stick, and it's a placebo effect essentially that makes people praise the Namco stick while dismissing the Hori EX2.
They're the same. The buttons on the Hori Namco are definitely different and better than the ones on modern Hori sticks though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Threi said:

_dementia said:
They're the same. The buttons on the Hori Namco are definitely different and better than the ones on modern Hori sticks though.

They are not the same.

The Hori Namco PS1 arcade stick used Omron switches (same brand that goes into Sanwa and the Tatsunoko Stick). IMHO the stick is much better on the PS1 Namco over the X360 EX2s.

Just my two cents. Not like I know about sticks or anything.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
_dementia said:
Is that for both versions of the Namco stick?
They feel identical to me.

where mah TE with Korean parts SELLOUT?

IT WAS YOU!!!

Both versions of the Namco stick are identical, just different colors inside <3.

gunstarhero

The LS-32 will still work, you'll just need to strip the wires from the 5-pin connector and solder them to the correct pins on the the stick.

Yeah... i figured as much. But i'm lazy :D

I'll just see if anyone wants to buy the LS-32 on the buy thread.

On a side note - the VLX is AWESOME. Just got it today and love it.

Threi

notag
man all of this omron talk makes me want to just keep my stick...its sanwa with those same omron microswitches, and the buttons are seimitsu...

only thing is the stick mechanism is old as hell, it seems fine but it should be all rusty and shit inside right D:

Threi, are you still using that CPS SNES Stick?

anyways, my VSHG is fucked up from traveling too much. it works ok but the case isn't pretty anymore and I don't know how to freshen it up

deadnoob

Is it possible to take the ball top off of the madcatz SFIV SE stick without opening the whole case? I have a bat top on my mame cabinet and I've gotten used to using that.

gunstarhero

Is it possible to take the ball top off of the madcatz SFIV SE stick without opening the whole case? I have a bat top on my mame cabinet and I've gotten used to using that.

Nope. Unscrews from the bottom of the post,

viewtiful_dru said:
Threi, are you still using that CPS SNES Stick?

anyways, my VSHG is fucked up from traveling too much. it works ok but the case isn't pretty anymore and I don't know how to freshen it up
Deja Vu....

deadnoob said:
you probably can, but you'll have to crack the shaft cover
considering you'd need to remove the shaft cover anyway if you want to use the bat top, it doesn't seem like a big deal
overall though, it'll be easier to just open it from the bottom

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
CryptiK said:
Hey does anyone have the measurements for the street fighter TE stick? I'd assume the TE2 is pretty much the same?

What measurement do you need?

And what's a TE 2 O_O

Unless you mean Round 2 TE!

CryptiK

MarkMan said:
What measurement do you need?

And what's a TE 2 O_O

Unless you mean Round 2 TE!
yeah I mean round 2 sorry dint forget Im new to this :p

Length Height and Width

Im gathering what I need I just need some confirmation
Im looking for Sanwa parts for my fight stick

now is this a good joystick
http://www.ozstick.com.au/prod_joy.html
The Sanwa one

And are these Sanwa buttons good for a fightstick
PB10 Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons

If I was living in the US I would be all over a R2 TE :(

So I bought a TE Round 2 during the Evo deal. Was amazing and working perfectly til just now where the down direction is just completely unresponsive. Everything else works though: all the buttons, xbox button, and the up, left and right directions. It's just that down direction that just doesn't register...
sigh... idk what to do... guess I'll try calling Madcatz on Monday n see what they tell me... what do you guys think? Has this happened to anyone? Am I gonna have to replace that down switch? How hard is that to replace and how much would it cost? Either way I think I'll call n then see where I can go from there.
Fuck I'm gonna be workin in San Diego next week so it might not be fixed for a while too... shhiiiiieeettt!!!
ah well least I still have Starcraft for now

CryptiK

CryptiK said:
yeah I mean round 2 sorry dint forget Im new to this :p

Length Height and Width

Im gathering what I need I just need some confirmation
Im looking for Sanwa parts for my fight stick

now is this a good joystick
http://www.ozstick.com.au/prod_joy.html
The Sanwa one

And are these Sanwa buttons good for a fightstick
PB10 Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons

If I was living in the US I would be all over a R2 TE :(
little help?

entremet

bPod said:
IMG_0475.jpg

Props to NSX for the template; been looking for a ryu template for the longest one
Didn't Aokage design that template? I didn't know he sold it for reproduction. Cool. Are they still available?

DoubleTap

_dementia said:
you probably can, but you'll have to crack the shaft cover
considering you'd need to remove the shaft cover anyway if you want to use the bat top, it doesn't seem like a big deal
overall though, it'll be easier to just open it from the bottom

Unless they changed recently, the SE's stick doesn't have a shaft cover. A towel and pliers will do the trick.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
bPod said:
IMG_0475.jpg

Props to NSX for the template; been looking for a ryu template for the longest one

FLAME HOT

I really like the color scheme and buttons! I may have to switch up my original Ryu TE now :lol

entrement said:
Didn't Aokage design that template? I didn't know he sold it for reproduction. Cool. Are they still available?

A lot of people were asking for it, so I put it up in various formats for download on SRK.com. Use freely!

Original Ryu version here.

Ryu-less version here.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
OmnipotentO said:
So I bought a TE Round 2 during the Evo deal. Was amazing and working perfectly til just now where the down direction is just completely unresponsive. Everything else works though: all the buttons, xbox button, and the up, left and right directions. It's just that down direction that just doesn't register...
sigh... idk what to do... guess I'll try calling Madcatz on Monday n see what they tell me... what do you guys think? Has this happened to anyone? Am I gonna have to replace that down switch? How hard is that to replace and how much would it cost? Either way I think I'll call n then see where I can go from there.
Fuck I'm gonna be workin in San Diego next week so it might not be fixed for a while too... shhiiiiieeettt!!!
ah well least I still have Starcraft for now

I have similar problem with you. My stick just died, and also my friend's stick have similar issues.

I send a message to markman awhile ago and he seem to not answer my private message, yet he posted here like two days after my message I believe.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Sorry I don't get to go through my PMs often. And if I don't check/answer them, it doesn't mean that I'm ignoring them.

Also!

lol _dementia! I saw that. ;)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Please note, it is USB receiver wireless. Not Bluetooth.

I have a few Qanba sticks, good stuff.

I ordered two of the Emp. Arcadia ones and should receive them by Tuesday.

CryptiK

MarkMan said:
Please note, it is USB receiver wireless. Not Bluetooth.

I have a few Qanba sticks, good stuff.

I ordered two of the Emp. Arcadia ones and should receive them by Tuesday.
Yeah I understand that its all good I'm gunna mod it later at the moment for a custom stick its getting pricey and buying this is cheaper :)

Finaika

Hello guys, can you recommend me a decent PS3 arcade stick that's not too expensive? I mostly play SNK & Namco fighters, but I will get SSFIV & VF5 in the future.

I saw an Elecom wireless arcade stick thats very cheap, but Elecom does not make good arcade sticks right? And I'm under the impression that Hori makes decent sticks?

Thanks.

gunstarhero

Just finished some minor mods to my VLX. All Seimitsu buttons (including the 24), LS-32 stick with aluminum bat, and a round gate. :D

Used orange buttons on the top, yellow on the bottom - it's more subtle than I would have liked. Picture doesn't really pick up the difference.

vlx_1.jpg

vlx_2.jpg

Finaika said:
Hello guys, can you recommend me a decent PS3 arcade stick that's not too expensive? I mostly play SNK & Namco fighters, but I will get SSFIV & VF5 in the future.

I saw an Elecom wireless arcade stick thats very cheap, but Elecom does not make good arcade sticks right? And I'm under the impression that Hori makes decent sticks?

Thanks.
What's your price limit?
I can't recommend anything cheaper than an HRAP or TE in good conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom