• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

What's this...

IMAG0147.jpg

Ohhh a new toy?...an Asus G73-A1...why yes it is:D
IMAG0148.jpg

(the rug underneath I just bought for the wife)
IMAG0151.jpg

The backpack it comes with
IMAG0157.jpg

The mouse it comes with
IMAG0156-1.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

lights out
IMAG0155.jpg

Adamm

Crazypanda_85 said:
That's been a feature of the PSP Go since day one. It has Bluetooth and can tether or connect with most Bluetooth devices.

I cant believe i didnt know that! :lol

I may have to upgrade my PSP-1000 then :D

Danielsan

It's been a while since I posted in a pick-up post thread, but I got some nifty stuff the last two weeks so I figured it was time to share. The games are pretty much from the months I neglected to post till today.

2qwzm1k.jpg

New Diesel watch. My old Fossil watch was falling apart so it was about time to get a new one.

2l0tj5.jpg

HTC Desire Silver.
Now I can be addicted to the internet wherever I go.
The little Aloe plant is new too. :D

6nuv54.jpg

Calathea plant on the right is new. My room desperately needed a green element to spruce things up.

2it0xw.jpg

Alan Wake Limited Edition

3039xcn.jpg

I was craving for some more Murakami.
This will be my third Murakami novel.

2rnizpv.jpg

Sixth and final Scott Pilgrim comic.
Bittersweet experience.

2d2dpc6.jpg

Bayonetta, Bioshock and Darksiders.
About €10-15 each. And yes, Darksiders is still sealed.

4g24g5.jpg

Gears of War 2, Red Dead Redemption and InFamous.

More neat stuff is one the way this week.:D

vodka-bull said:
Normally I don't post in this topic but this pick-up is a special one:

My first tattoo, made in cologne during gamescom. And yes, it's encrusted because it's made 4 days ago. I was told that it will look way better as soon as it's healed.
Did you really just get a Mega Man tattoo on your leg? :lol

Lyte Edge said:
Just got a new monitor. Or should I say, just got my second new monitor in a week. Initially I ordered the HP 2310m, but it was so bright and glossy that I was having difficulty looking at the screen without getting headaches. My eyes literally hurt looking at it, so it got shipped back, and I went with my trusted brand, ASUS.

Got the ASUS MS238H 23" LED-backlit LCD monitor. I was using an ASUS VK266H 25.5" LCD monitor prior to getting this today. It was great for PC/Mac use, but I got tired of the 16:10 aspect ratio affecting console games, so I decided to get a 16:9 monitor.

The MS238H is awesome! Very similar image to my other ASUS monitor, but the white levels are brighter/whiter and the monitor itself is incredibly thin and light. It uses a touch panel in place of buttons. The trade-off is that it doesn't have built-in speakers or a webcam, but I don't need the latter and it's got a speaker output for HDMI, so I'm good to go with my PC speakers.

It's great for console gaming (just like the "Evo monitor") and has a 2ms refresh rate with no input lag issues. Pretty nice for only $199.

Zdv87l.jpg
wMv5Sl.jpg

I picked up this monitor as well (thanks to your post). Was getting tired of my HP w2228h, terrible viewing angles and a washed out look.

This looked like a steal at a little over 200 euro.

Gyrian said:
I really like it. It covers P3, P3FES, P4, Stella Deus, and some original work.
It's not extensive in that it features every single piece made for each game; it's mostly the key artworks.
With that said, there are quite a few in there I hadn't seen before.
Stella Deus and the original work was all new to me, also.

I can gather some pictures if you're all curious. Below is one I have handy, which I took for this thread.
Yeah, if you could post a couple more examples of the artwork featured in the book it would be really useful. I can only afford one artbook at the moment so it's a toss up between buying that one or the Nier one.

oblo

ff6_aliciaenco.jpg

Did some shopping in Cologne today and I would have picked up some games... Just too bad that the German versions aren't really my cup of tea so I ended up with a couple of cd's only. :D

Danielsan

Flek said:
iam going to read kafka on the shore next.
Kafka on the Shore was my introduction to the wonderful world of Murakami.
It's absolutely fantastic, though certain themes in the book can be a bit unsettling. :lol

Flek

Banned
Augemitbutter said:
i think hard-boiled wonderland is still his best, followed by kafka on the shore.

norwegian wood is cool though.

well if norwegian wood is only "cool" than iam in for a ride with his other books. Id say norwegian wood even influenced me a bit
the girls part obviously ;P ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Danielsan said:
It's been a while since I posted in a pick-up post thread, but I got some nifty stuff the last two weeks so I figured it was time to share. The games are pretty much from the months I neglected to post till today.

2l0tj5.jpg

HTC Desire Silver.
Now I can be addicted to the internet wherever I go.
The little Aloe plant is new too. :D

I can't tell because the photo is too blurry, but what I'm looking at doesn't appear to be Aloe, it's Haworthia, probably Haworthia fasciata or Haworthia attenuata. Both are in the same family (Asphodelaceae), but different genus than Aloe. There are a few Aloe species (A. aristata is one that's semi-common), that have the kind of spotting your plant shows, but it's pretty common and if you bought at a grocery store or nursery, unabled, it's almost certainly Haworthia. If it's Aloe, you'll know because of the thickness and fleshiness of the leaves compared to most Haworthia.

The other plant you posted is definitely Calathea though, probably Calathea zebrina or similar.

I wish more people would post plants in here instead of geeky stuff :/

Gameboy415

Danielsan said:
New Diesel watch [pic]

I got the exact same watch from my girlfriend for Christmas last year! :D

I finally got around to taking pics of all my loot from late July-now:

1008Nintendo1.jpg

CIB Willow for NES - part of a 3-for-$10 lot at the Flea Market. Includes ALL original packing materials including a poster featuring all of Capcom's licensed games for NES.
Trog for NES - I vaguely remember playing this as a kid and liking it so I nabbed it for $3 at the Flea Market.
Adventures of Lolo for NES - part of a 3-for-$10 lot at the Flea Market. Loved this series as a kid!
Snake's Revenge for NES - part of a 3-for-$10 lot at the Flea Market. The only US Metal Gear game I needed to complete my collection. :D
Nintendo Cartridge Case - Got it free from a vendor at the Flea Market! Holds 10 NES cartridges.
CIB Power Pad for NES - Found this at Half-Price Books.

1008Nintendo2.jpg

Namco Museum Remix for Wii - Got it dirt cheap at Half-Price Books. Very fun!
Deluxe Care Case for Game Boy Cartridges - Got it at a Flea Market in Florida while on vacation last month.
Pocket Bomberman for GBC - Cheap @ Play-n-trade
Pop'n Music for Wii - Got it for $10 @ Gamestop. I'd prefer a US release of the standard game/pop'n controllers, but this version is surprisingly fun!
Mega Man ZX for DS - Cheap @ Gamestop
The Simpsons: Night of the Living Treehouse of Horror for GBC - $3 at the Flea Market
Dragon Quest V for DS - Found it used in Florida for $26.
Nervous Brickdown for DS - Cheap @ Gamestop.

1008SEGA.jpg

NBA JAM T.E. for 32X - $5 @ Half-Price Books.
Outrun 2019 for Genesis - $1.99 @ Goodwill
Insector X for Genesis - $1.99 @ Goodwill
Star Wars Demolition for Dreamcast - Completed my collection of DC Star Wars games.
The Simpsons: Bart Vs. The Space Mutants for Genesis - $1.99 @ Goodwill
TaleSpin for Genesis - $1.99 @ Goodwill
The Lion King for Genesis - $2 @ the Flea Market. I'm loving the Disney games on Genesis!
Three Dirty Dwarves for Saturn - Got it cheap @ Play-n-Trade. Just a few more games til I have every Saturn game I want! :D

1008Sony1.jpg

40 Winks for PS1 - Dirt cheap @ Play-n-Trade
Rayman for PS1 - Dirt cheap @ Play-n-Trade
Devil Dice for PS1 - Only $5 @ the Flea Market! I was hoping to flip this one but apparently it's not going for much on eBay anymore :(
Skullmonkeys for PS1 - Only $5 @ the Flea Market! I've always wanted this game and I can't believe I found it so cheap! Great stuff!
Sonic Mega Collection + for PS2 - Dirt cheap during Gamestop's summer sale
The Simpsons Road Rage for PS2 - Dirt cheap during Gamestop's summer sale
The Simpsons Hit & Run for PS2 - I planned to get it during Gamestop's summer sale, but I found a mint copy @ Goodwill for $1.99! :D

1008Sony2.jpg

Darksiders for PS3 - Dirt cheap during Gamestop's summer sale
Bayonetta for PS3 - Got it cheap from Amazon
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands for PS3 - Got it dirt cheap and loved it!
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing for PS3 - Got it from Best Buy's sale
Buzz! Quiz World for PS3 - got it BRAND NEW for $10 @ the Flea Market!
Akira BluRay - Got it BRAND NEW for $6 at the Flea Market! :D
Stubbs the Zombie for XBOX - Got it cheap @ Half-Price Books
Qubed for XBOX 360 - Got it free from Toys R Us last week with a Halo card coupon.

1008Misc1.jpg

POG: The Game - $2.99 @ Goodwill and it came with tons of extra pogs! :D
Marill plush - My favorite Pokemon. Got it @ Comic-Con.
Smithers Action Figure - The only figure I was missing! Cheap @ Half-Price Books.

1008Books1.jpg

Wicked novel - Great book! Much better than the sappy musical.
Confessions of an Ugly Step-Sister novel - dirt cheap @ Goodwill
Lost novel - dirt cheap @ Goodwill
Pirate Latitudes novel - cheap @ Goodwill
The Da Vinci Code novel - $0.50 hardcover? Yes please! :lol
The Lost Symbol novel - dirt cheap @ Goodwill

1008Comics1.jpg

My loot from Chicago Comic-Con:
-Ren & Stimpy comics - Almost have the complete run now!
-ThunderCats/Battle of the Planets Crossover comics - The last ThunderCats comics I needed. :D
-Age of Reptiles: The Hunt Comic - Still have to track down #2.
-TMNT Adventures comics - Still missing a few of the later issues & specials.
-Dragon Quest IX Promo Booklet - Freebie from the Nintendo booth.
-Sonic the Hedgehog comics - Still missing a TON of issues from 2005-now, but I got all of these for $1 each.
-Sonic Universe comics - Missing about half the series now (out of a total of 18).

krae_man

Gameboy415 said:
1008Misc1.jpg

POG: The Game - $2.99 @ Goodwill and it came with tons of extra pogs! :D
Marill plush - My favorite Pokemon. Got it @ Comic-Con.
Smithers Action Figure - The only figure I was missing! Cheap @ Half-Price Books.

Oh yes Smithers was hard to find because they overpacked Homer and Bart in Series 1 cases and Walmart refused to sell him because he's gay. I think I paid like $80 for my Smithers durring the height of the eBay craze(and when the Canadian $ was crap):lol

I have a complete WOS collection as well. All 16 series, Exclusives, Mailaways, everyting. None of it's worth much money anymore apart from Town Square and Evil Homer.

Are you by chance a member at SCS?

Zing

Banned
Gameboy415 said:
Nintendo Cartridge Case

Wow. I had this exact NES cartridge case back in the day. I only used it to hold my games for which I didn't have a box, so I only had maybe 6 games in it.

expy

Banned
Installed Windows 7 on my new 27" iMac. Also in the pic a few game pickups...
Star Ocean 4 TLH:I, Darksiders, Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate.

2nkl7cn.jpg

144bfar.jpg

Psyclone

I jumped in! After getting a free PS3 with my phone, and trading it in for a Wii, I've finally settled for:-

box.jpg

So glad I got the matte finish. It's also super quiet:-

xbox.jpg

Looking good on my new 37" Regza:-

Regza.jpg

^Add me if you're up for a beating at Fifa World Cup! :D

MechDX

Got a box from FedEx:
021.jpg

DUDE! I got a Dell!

022.jpg

Specs:

Studio Athlon II X4 630 (2.8GHz)
ATI Radeon HD 4200 (This is my first upgrade!)
AMD Vision Premium Label
6GB DDR3 SDRAM,1333MHz, 2x2GB+2x1GB
500GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM
475 Watt Power Supply

Gonna use my old HP monitor for now. Thinking of a Radeon HD 5750 to put in it. Not a huge PC gamer so I dont need to get carried away.

IronRinn

Danielsan said:
If Windup Bird Chronicle and Kafka on the Shore are any indication than I'm pretty sure I will too. :)

I'm a huge Murakami fan, ever since reading Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and if pressed I would probably say Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is my favorite book. That said, be aware that much of his work falls into two categories: those in which weird shit happens and those in which a man pines after a girl and nothing strange happens. Norwegian Wood is definitely the latter.

Still very good, just don't expect other-world hotel rooms, men in sheep costumes, or talking cats.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pein said:
Enjoy bro, got mine a couple months ago and it been nothing but awesome.

Oh I'm loving it. Was playing FFXIV beta on it last night, going to hook it up to the pioneer in the bedroom later and check it out. Loving it. a very awesome laptop. getting a targus chill mat for it, and I'm good to go.

Top Bottom