• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

2vttkxe.png

Special thanks to HUELEN10 for the new banner! (If anyone wants to make a new banner for this month, you're more than welcome to do so) !

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

What the?! It's August? Summer is coming to an end not to long from now! What are we going to do!? PICK UP SOME GOODIES!

<3

Here's what I got in July...

Some stuff I got the last few weeks:

Check it out!

Comic-Con Exclusive Dragon Quest IX - Slime T-Shirt!
4833436000_c8833a3745_z.jpg

Dragon Quest IX (DS), BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3 & 360) early... Thanks to my pals at Aksys... and some SSFIV thumb covers lol.
4832826481_8ba8768994_z.jpg

Limited to 1500, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition by Mad Catz!
4832828847_e657801426_z.jpg

The FIRST EVER Street Fighter X TEKKEN FightStick! Signed by both Katsuhiro Harada (Bandai Namco Games, Japan) and Yoshinori Ono (Capcom)!
4833437172_4fcb55c942_z.jpg

From my friends at Capcom... The MegaMan Universe foam mega buster lol...
4833439266_4ed266bc0e_z.jpg

Got this signed by Harada-san at EVO. My favorite stick!
4832829427_7376ee096e_z.jpg

A new sack for my FightSticks! Here it is pictured with the upcoming Chun-Li TE "S" ! Courtesy of PMBQ Studios!
4833096649_bc69b76bee_z.jpg

Harada-san hooked me up with a TEKKEN PROJECT lithograph of Lili. It was used on the cover of GIRLS OF GAMING publication a few months back...
4832827557_b4a0ee2aa3_z.jpg

My favorite pick-up of Comic-Con. 1 of 3 prototypes exist in the world, this is one of them. Triad Toys' Heihachi Mishima statue from TEKKEN 6.
4833440494_0900849b60_z.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/5laz5h.jpg << huge resolution, check out the detail on it!

Oh and I love HORI! <3

39173_413896468882_507353882_4726119_7328837_n.jpg

a1m

Banned
Yes, we already saw those in the July-thread. I don't get the 'my best of last month' thing.

Majine

Banned
a1m said:
Yes, we already saw those in the July-thread. I don't get the 'my best of last month' thing.
Are you forcing him into buying something every first day of each month? :lol

Pooya

great stuff MarkMan,
Here is my completely uninteresting stuff :lol that I've picked up over last couple of weeks.
milad_augustnjjo.jpg

- I know, that HP All-in-One is a POS, I got it for free though and scanner is actually very very good. Printer is a ink eating crap. I have a LaserJet for printing my stuff.
-The camera is decent, for the price it was good, I'm no photographer, it's a point and shoot camera, more than enough for me :lol .
-Rechargeable Battery + compact charger.
-Ceramic White DualShock3 + White USB Cable
-HP Cartridges.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
a1m said:
It's pretty simple. Starting this thread without any pretty pics to look at would be boring.

That slime shirt is the business. The world needs more tees with simple, small designs like that.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Evangelion 2.22 extra's disk.
DYQ5jl.jpg

Friend left these in my room while I was helping him move out. That rascal!
13HL1l.jpg

and I got these from Square today.
zfh0sl.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea, we always do this btw. Posting last months' haul. It's not new >.>

Anywho.

2 new sticks today, $20 a pop. ;)

4848536373_44bc3053ff_z.jpg

No new games, but plenty of books.

aaa003.jpg

om nom nom Star Wars expanded universe. Yet to read Fatal Alliance or Force Unleashed, but Crosscurrent is very good so far.
Also a poster signed by Sean Williams that I'm too lazy to unroll.

aaa001.jpg

My blurred holiday books.

aaa002.jpg

A Comic-Con Reach poster signed by Sketch, which is by far my favourite piece this month (or rather last month).
Also some badges that you get after playing a session at the booth (Killapocalypse is the best :p), and a Halo Encyclopedia, to tighten up my knowledge of the lore before September 14th.

Picked up a PlayChoice-10 yesterday for $300 in decent shape that has been in someone garage for the last 3 years turned off. Cleaned it up yesterday. Going to be some fun restoring this one! Everything works well but the light gun, which just needs to be fixed or swapped out.

Initially, from the ad, it came with the following games:

Tennis
Rush'n Attack
Pro Wrestling
Contra
Dr. Mario
Double Dragon
Excitebike
Tecmo Bowl
Super Mario Brothers
SMB 2
Punch Out
T.M.N.T

But wait! Inside the cabinet were 8 more! BONUS

Wild Gunman
Duck Hunt
Super Mario Brothers
Rygar
Kung Fu
Ninja Gaiden
Baseball
Super Mario Brothers 3

Already ordered Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!

1030038.jpg

1030056.jpg

1030057.jpg

1030055.jpg

1030039.jpg

I also posted a few videos if you want to check it out some more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fMkPupqaVo

nny

angelkimne said:
aaa001.jpg

My blurred holiday books.

Damn, I'm halfway through two of those books (Mort and Short History...), and my conscience is acting up: "you need to finish the books you start".

Here's my July recap.

4750094255_da46f9866e_z.jpg

4770424663_d7867fd1b9_z.jpg

4776002320_c08fb99b66_z.jpg

4785159755_9ab165209b_z.jpg

4777097557_2d1a76b017_z.jpg

4819684128_477f0e98e4_z.jpg

4824981826_0562491867_z.jpg

Hopefully I don't go so overboard with spending this month. Valkyria 2 and Another Century's Episode-R should be it for me!

TxdoHawk

Nothing too terribly interesting since my last post. Bought some cabling, including an audio adapter for my incoming 360...now it all awaits said 360:

IMG_0871.jpg

Things should be far more interesting later in the month.

CoachKevin, I'm looking forward to seeing how things go with that PlayChoice!

Dizzy-4U

Just got the house for the lil' monster that I'm trying to build (sorry for the crappy shots):

Thermaltake Armor LCS + (liquid cooling integrated)
1-1.png

Aquaria soundtrack signed by the composer
2-1.png

PS: Any alternative similar to tinypic? I'm using my photobucket account right now, but the bandwith cap is horrible and tinypic doesn't work for me anymore.

painey

I really hate coming into these threads lately because i've been selling my stuff for over a month now in preparation for a move and I miss the feeling of nice new stuff.

CoachKevin said:
Picked up a PlayChoice-10 yesterday for $300 in decent shape that has been in someone garage for the last 3 years turned off. Cleaned it up yesterday. Going to be some fun restoring this one! Everything works well but the light gun, which just needs to be fixed or swapped out.

1030056.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! I'd love one of these, remember playing one of these in my youth. Not sure if they were less common in the UK, but I only remember seeing one.

It's in such good shape as well, looks like it's just come off the production line.

IWLLNOTLOOKATEBAY,IWILLNOTLOOKATEBAY
:lol

Well it's my Birthday and my lovely new wife has started with the gifts...

DSC08829.jpg

And she's taking me out to dinner later and told me to expect something nice :D I wonder what it could be?!!?

And these came in the post last week as well...

DSC08828.jpg

I've totally talked my wife into letting me buy a Nissan Skyline R33 GTR next year! I don't know how, but she's on board just as long as I don't make it a super huge money pit...I got to get cracking on the research!:lol

A few recent purchases.

Nook Wi-Fi
Puma El-Rey
Asus R300
Led Zep I, II, III, IV, King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King, Cream - Wheels of Fire

Flunkie said:
What're the best, most commonly accepted Star Wars expanded universe books to read?
Hmm, maybe the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn, starting with Heir to the Empire.
You don't need any extra knowledge beyond having seen the OT, so that's good.

This might be useful, though it is a few years out of date.

If you'd rather start with a stand-alone than commit to reading a trilogy, Crosscurrent would be both a topical and solid bet, or any of the books high on the list that take your fancy.

Mattlikewhoa said:
I've totally talked my wife into letting me buy a Nissan Skyline R33 GTR next year! I don't know how, but she's on board just as long as I don't make it a super huge money pit...I got to get cracking on the research!:lol
good shit man, looking forward to seeing that in an upcoming thread

dani_dc

Can't wait to play this one.
IMG_0162.jpg

Also got this one a few weeks ago
IMG_0116_a.jpg

Did a deal with a friend to check this:
IMG_0164.jpg

In exchange he has to read this series:

IMG_0165.jpg

:D

No games yet, but 'The Suburbs' by Arcade Fire came in the post and I bought 'Funeral' with some nice new trainers (they're nothing special).
tiltshiftsmallcopy.jpg

suikodan

1229c4c6.jpg

The last week of July was an expensive one. Hopefully August will be a little less exciting.

Starcraft 2 x2: One is for me and the other one is for my dad whose birthday is next week. I can't wait to play some coop with him ;)

iPhone 4: I joined the line at 5:30AM last Friday at Carrefour Laval's Apple Store for the canadian launch. I got the phone at 11:30AM. I was tired of standing up all the time.

New glasses: I had my last pair for almost 10 years. I was time that I refresh my look. My gf loves me more now. :lol

Yes Boss!

Ugh, 400 mile drive ahead of me and 6:30 pm but I made sure to stop off in San Jose to finally get the new Blazblue!

356410a2.jpg

Just got an '05 Mustang. :D
IMG_1493.jpg

Just installed new headlights and grille. I'm going to install some Halo Fog lights, but the set I got has a faulty LED bulb :/ Also was going to install a lower grille but that got messed up in shipping.

IMG_1495.jpg

New taillights!

LiK

*NOM NOM NOM* fave stuff from last month along with a few new things.

PSCS5-1.jpg

finalcut.jpg

SC2CE-1.jpg

Gradius V factory sealed! Finally got it after all these years. Not sure why I didn't get it sooner... :3

gradiusv.jpg

Bayo artbook

bayo-artbook.jpg

More Blu

titans-meatballBD.jpg

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
GAZERK said:
Just got an '05 Mustang. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/thesadsong@mindspring.com/IMG_1493.jpg[IMG]
Just installed new headlights and grille. I'm going to install some Halo Fog lights, but the set I got has a faulty LED bulb :/ Also was going to install a lower grille but that got messed up in shipping.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/thesadsong@mindspring.com/IMG_1495.jpg[IMG]

New taillights![/QUOTE]

That's really sharp looking. A Miata and a Mustang? I'm very jealous.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Daaaaaamn Gradius V. I've been wanting that for years but I've sorta moved on from the PS2. I might come back though if I come across it.

lunlunqq

It saddens me when I realized that I have been making less and less game-related purchases...
143047n.jpg
My most recent purchase...

2rc761d.jpg

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
dani_dc said:
Did a deal with a friend to check this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/danidream/Merchandise/IMG_0164.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Your friend has amazing taste. Hope you enjoy it, its a phenomenal series.

MrFortyFive

Sorry in advance for the shitty pictures. I've never used the camera on this phone before and I wasn't sure what kind of settings to used. Some later attempts turned out pretty good but I'm too lazy to upload them again.

pic1.jpg

I've been using Insanity for two weeks now and I'm already seeing some results. This program is brutally hard but it's definitely effective. My launch DS lite is having some issues (the hing is finally starting to give out) so I broke down and got an XL. Love it.

pic2.jpg

I didn't want to believe it but Crackdown 2 really is Crackdown 1.5. I still had fun with it though since it had been over two years since I played the original. I couldn't pass up Fallout 3 GOTY since it was cheaper than it would be to download all the expansions. After months of waiting one of the Gamestops around here finally got a complete cope of Knights in the Nightmare. Of course it's the only Gamestop I know of that still puts the stickers directly on the inserts :mad:

pic3.jpg

Here's the little bugger responsible for these shitty pictures. I love the phone but the camera is pretty finicky. It's capable of producing some awesome shots though if you have a steady hand and use the right settings. Plus the Dual LED flash makes a hell of a flashlight at night.

A couple new pick ups:

35952_719080699414_6312708_38865139_593971_n.jpg

Kotobukiya Shion.

40620_719081038734_6312708_38865167_5590797_n.jpg

Kotobukiya Rogue Long Coat Version.

39018_719081717374_6312708_38865199_4775769_n.jpg

Regular and Long Coat Versions together.

40248_719082221364_6312708_38865240_5464585_n.jpg

Game & Watch Mini Solar Keychains.

40248_719082231344_6312708_38865242_8136568_n.jpg

Chef.

40248_719082241324_6312708_38865244_6976466_n.jpg

And Octopus.

Top Bottom