• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
j8sj3Sc.jpg

Danielsan

Unless you're really into RPGs wouldn't it have made more sense to grab a Super Famicom - especially when you consider the huge variety of titles that never left Japan. Carts are super cheap too.
I like RPGs. Intending to pick up NTSC copies of the FF games, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Lufia, etc.. I also just like having the games in English. Nevertheless. There is also a Super Famicom on its way by snail mail. Ordered it 2 months ago, but the free shipping is kind of ridiculously slow.

DJChuy

I had a good amount of points at the Square-Enix store, so I got the FFXV sunshade. Don't think I'll ever use it though as it gets over 100 degrees, and my recent sunshades didn't survive the heat. I'll keep it for collection sake.

5AtPigy.jpg

Got these shirts at the Incubus concert (awesome concert btw)

x2Ko1AJ.jpg

KArs9U2.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Best Buy steelbook and regular edition along with a Groot lithograph from the Disney Movie Club

ls5oiCn.jpg

ohLsnAt.jpg

Bought a bunch of rando things, but these are the highlights.

36730220126_946eb2897f_c.jpg

Thanks to Best Buy for delivering this three days early.

36730222816_6dfea4a81b_c.jpg

Three Moto E4s for unlocking and using on T-Mobile. I didn't feel like buying my kids iPhones right out the gates. $40 each is a steal.

36638156601_a3d7b43585_c.jpg

Went on vacation back to my home town and stuffed myself full of Spanky's and these pralines.

Tadale

Bought a bunch of rando things, but these are the highlights.

36638156601_a3d7b43585_c.jpg

Went on vacation back to my home town and stuffed myself full of Spanky's and these pralines.

These are my favorite. I used to live close to Savannah but I haven't had the chance to visit in a few years.

I like RPGs. Intending to pick up NTSC copies of the FF games, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Lufia, etc.. I also just like having the games in English. Nevertheless. There is also a Super Famicom on its way by snail mail. Ordered it 2 months ago, but the free shipping is kind of ridiculously slow.

Good stuff, I've enjoyed owning a Super Famicom the past few years. Extremely solid system, hope you enjoy yours.

Vexxan

I thought this game was coming out on the 29th but the store where I bought it says 25th so... time to see if it's any good :)

RC6Hjnl.jpg

Fukuzatsu

So, Microsoft DirectXbox, perhaps you've heard of it. Or as I like to call it, Dreamcast Part 2.

Now just missing Metal Wolf Chaos, which is still too expensive.
Shenmue 2 I have back on the Dreamcast, so I opted not to get that, but otherwise this is basically all the games I would want to play on the system that couldn't be otherwise played on an Xbox One today. Anyone remember the Xbox-exclusive Japan-only Shin Megami Tensei game with nine different endings? Yeah.

TheMoon

I thought this game was coming out on the 29th but the store where I bought it says 25th so... time to see if it's any good :)

RC6Hjnl.jpg

Your store was pretty clueless since you are right. It comes out on the 29th. But good for you anyway :)

Maybe the store just doesn't wanna bother with Tuesday releases and just puts everything out on Fridays.

illusionary

RC6Hjnl.jpg

I'd be interested to hear your impressions! It looks like the bank holiday here int he UK on Monday is going to put paid to the hopes of many, myself included, of receiving the game early. A shame really, as it would have been the perfect time to get stuck into it.

MrBenchmark

Finally built a new computer after 7 years. While I had upgraded a few things over the years, it was time to just build new, as I was still running an I-5 750 CPU.

Anyway, I upgraded to a I-7 7700k, 1060gtx graphics card, 32GB of memory, and I decided to get a solid state drive for my operating system stuff. I also removed stuff from my case like extra usb and serial slots I never use anymore, as well as only having one disk drive on the front.

Its nice being able to play newer games at 1080p, lol.

box of stuff.
8HGy0DW.jpg

a lot more space inside now. I have cleaned up the wiring since this picture.
ztVz5rc.jpg

good ol cases is that an Antec or chieftec case. I was a manager for tiger direct i used to have every ccolor and size of those cases.

Vexxan

I'd be interested to hear your impressions! It looks like the bank holiday here int he UK on Monday is going to put paid to the hopes of many, myself included, of receiving the game early. A shame really, as it would have been the perfect time to get stuck into it.

I'm only 2-3 hours in but it's been fun so far. Combat is starting to get more interesting as more and more abilities are introduced and weapons with special abilities are unlocked.

A lot of the early cutscenes in the game are from the E3 annoucement trailer and everything in the trailer looks a bit better, but the game still looks pretty damn good. Very Nintendo-y.

I've noticed frame-rate issues in some places in the overworld where it feels like everything is running at 25 fps or so. It's not very comon thou, in combat everything has been solid so far.

Galdius

August was a surprisingly good month.
I got 5 WiiU games and 1 GC game.
I'm starting to feel like going for the WiiU fullset.

t681CZ6l.jpg

Then I finally modded my GBA with a better screen:
yIZirHOl.jpg
q4VGTHDl.jpg
gsWwFnol.jpg

HrA9xwgl.jpg

And a friend gave my one N64. The strange thing about it is that the front seems like a Jungle Green console but the top is a bit blue-green. I think the top is sunfaded and that's why it looks like this:
YleBKYbl.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
IMG_0011.jpg

Lost my gaming room (babies amirite) so had my games hooked up in bed room. That didn't work out great so got this monitor on a mobile stand now I can play anywhere I want!

It's a LG 32UD99-W 32-Inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor with HDR 10, kinda $$$ but nothing else does 4k hdr in the small size. Looks fantastic!

Buttons

It's been a good month for me. :)

I haven't posted pickups in ages, but today is a good day. A few weeks ago I bought a Switch with Zelda and Mario Kart 8, I've been having tons of fun with it. An amazing console.

switchpickuptikmm.png

Plus one of my largest pickups in years, bought a Mercedes SLK and picked it up today. Such an amazingly fun car, so happy with it.

slkfrontmineg3k1v.png

slkback8vj7z.png

illusionary

I'm only 2-3 hours in but it's been fun so far. Combat is starting to get more interesting as more and more abilities are introduced and weapons with special abilities are unlocked.

A lot of the early cutscenes in the game are from the E3 annoucement trailer and everything in the trailer looks a bit better, but the game still looks pretty damn good. Very Nintendo-y.

I've noticed frame-rate issues in some places in the overworld where it feels like everything is running at 25 fps or so. It's not very comon thou, in combat everything has been solid so far.

Sound good to me - thanks! My copy's on its way as of this morning... I'm very much looking forward to Tuesday (and interested to see reviews on Monday).

Iacobellis

IMG_0011.jpg

Lost my gaming room (babies amirite) so had my games hooked up in bed room. That didn't work out great so got this monitor on a mobile stand now I can play anywhere I want!

It's a LG 32UD99-W 32-Inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor with HDR 10, kinda $$$ but nothing else does 4k hdr in the small size. Looks fantastic!

Where did you find this? Last I heard it was still on preorder.

Justinh

IMG_0011.jpg

Congrats on the beybees.

That's a nice looking monitor. What do you do for audio? Headphones?

Warnen

Where did you find this? Last I heard it was still on preorder.

Amazon listed 2 days ago must have just come on sale cause they didn't have them Monday when I originally looked. Was going to see if I could do a preorder and they were in stock. As of typing this they still have 1 in stock.

Congrats on the beybees.

That's a nice looking monitor. What do you do for audio? Headphones?

Thanks.

It has good speakers (can't figure out where they are but you can hear them) but yeah I mostly use head phones via Xbox or PS4 controller. I've always done this anyways.

Iacobellis

Amazon listed 2 days ago must have just come on sale cause they didn't have them Monday when I originally looked. Was going to see if I could do a preorder and they were in stock. As of typing this they still have 1 in stock.

Thanks.

It has good speakers (can't figure out where they are but you can hear them) but yeah I mostly use head phones via Xbox or PS4 controller. I've always done this anyways.

How’s it treating you with a PS4? I’ve been waiting for smaller displays with 4K and HDR to finally hit the market and this seems to fit the bill.

Congrats on the babies as well!

Warnen

How’s it treating you with a PS4? I’ve been waiting for smaller displays with 4K and HDR to finally hit the market and this seems to fit the bill.

Congrats on the babies as well!

Thanks

I've played almost all on the new uncharted on it so far and it's been great. Have 4 other 4k HDR TV's in the house (2 49inch Sony's, a 65 inch Sony and a 60 inch Samsung) and it looks better then any of them. Really did the set up for destiny 2 but so far I'm extremely happy with it.

cjp

Upgraded my Fiesta Zetec White Edition to an ST-3. I'm in love with it. Such a huge speed increase!

aNBf7eN.jpg

d4wZqbt.jpg

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
HDD protection case for my extremely valuable archives :)

I'm pretty sure that these are the first real pictures of this HDD protection case available online - before I bought it i've searched for real images but with no luck - only 3D renders was available.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Thanks

I've played almost all on the new uncharted on it so far and it's been great. Have 4 other 4k HDR TV's in the house (2 49inch Sony's, a 65 inch Sony and a 60 inch Samsung) and it looks better then any of them. Really did the set up for destiny 2 but so far I'm extremely happy with it.
May I ask how much you spent on it?

Top Bottom