• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'm gonna get black listed for this (if i'm not already on the list) but i don't care.
I don't understand why @Xplainin got a perm, the amount of Microsoft/Xbox trolling in this forum is insane, this forum is slowly becoming a sony fanboy ghost town with the amount of shit posting and thread trolling.
For reference look at that cluster @@@ of a troll thead The Next gen thread (which represents what's happening in this forum), they take every chance they can to throw dirt but as soon as they get called out they get butthurt and spam report button, then comes the mod who doesn't read 34/90 previews pages doesn't get the full context and act by the report spam.
They even got rid of xbox fans from the thread, where they praise anything sony (even the most ridiculous/stupid rumors like a 2nd gpu on the ps5 or activating additional CU's on the PS5) understandable but piss anything Xbox (even confirmed official news), there's very little actual technical discussion, lot of FUD, console warring, guesswork...
And how some of them manage to twist a post into some sort of slight against sony is fucking amazing.
I understand the influence (business side of it), there is more sony fans, they pay bills (Gaf Gold) at some point this forum will host the same crowd (sony fans) & this is how other platforms will get the edge over Gaf.
#Free
Superluperap
Dory16
Sleepdoctor
eastwood333
Shin
EviLore EviLore I hope you'll consider having them back, i've seen a lot of people getting back from a perm so i'm keeping hope.

But they're doing it!!!
:messenger_grinning:
no thanks, xplainin was a jackass. he was a dick to everyone. didnt know when to concede a point. Never admitted he was wrong, and it all culminated in him making two ridiculous threads about the playstation 5 in one night.

Sleep doctor was a sociopath. He couldnt report people so he went around leaving LOLs on every single post in the next gen thread. It was rather disturbing because you could tell how much this console warring was getting to him.

eastwood should also remain banned. He brought nothing to the forum other than constantly spread bullshit about PS5 games looking cross gen, halo looking better and just nonsense in general.

The problem I have with you xbox folks is that you never want to reach across the aisle. There has to be a way we can all get along. I really do want to sympathize with you lot because ive seen the wrath of sony gaf myself. But you all make it so fucking hard with all the nonsense that comes out, and you are always dicks about it. Be nice, maybe concede a point or two every now and then, dont blindly support Phil and maybe you will make a friend or two from the other team. Someone to bat for you when you get banned. You guys have the better console, you already won the spec war. maybe show a little humility and some class instead of being pricks to everyone.

And FFS, criticize microsoft. you are seeing an insane amount of trolling directed at Microsoft because they dropped the ball. they had such an awful show that they might even be in a worse position than they were after e3 2013. and yet i dont hear a peep from you guys. why is xplainin creating Sony FUD threads when there is so much more FUD around Microsoft created by Microsoft themselves. If i was an xbox fan, and i kind of am, I would be fucking furious at what they showed and how utterly unprepared they are for next gen. but all i hear are excuses, gamepass, and complaining about people being critical of MS.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
The problem I have with you xbox folks is that you never want to reach across the aisle. There has to be a way we can all get along. I really do want to sympathize with you lot because ive seen the wrath of sony gaf myself. But you all make it so fucking hard with all the nonsense that comes out, and you are always dicks about it. Be nice, maybe concede a point or two every now and then, dont blindly support Phil and maybe you will make a friend or two from the other team. Someone to bat for you when you get banned. You guys have the better console, you already won the spec war. maybe show a little humility and some class instead of being pricks to everyone.

And FFS, criticize microsoft. you are seeing an insane amount of trolling directed at Microsoft because they dropped the ball. they had such an awful show that they might even be in a worse position than they were after e3 2013. and yet i dont hear a peep from you guys. why is xplainin creating Sony FUD threads when there is so much more FUD around Microsoft created by Microsoft themselves. If i was an xbox fan, and i kind of am, I would be fucking furious at what they showed and how utterly unprepared they are for next gen. but all i hear are excuses, gamepass, and complaining about people being critical of MS.

This goes both ways, though. The behavior you just described is absolutely on both of these sides, and really frustrating for regular people that aren't a part of 'warz'.

sircaw

Banned
I'm gonna get black listed for this (if i'm not already on the list) but i don't care.
I don't understand why @Xplainin got a perm, the amount of Microsoft/Xbox trolling in this forum is insane, this forum is slowly becoming a sony fanboy ghost town with the amount of shit posting and thread trolling.
For reference look at that cluster @@@ of a troll thead The Next gen thread (which represents what's happening in this forum), they take every chance they can to throw dirt but as soon as they get called out they get butthurt and spam report button, then comes the mod who doesn't read 34/90 previews pages doesn't get the full context and act by the report spam.
They even got rid of xbox fans from the thread, where they praise anything sony (even the most ridiculous/stupid rumors like a 2nd gpu on the ps5 or activating additional CU's on the PS5) understandable but piss anything Xbox (even confirmed official news), there's very little actual technical discussion, lot of FUD, console warring, guesswork...
And how some of them manage to twist a post into some sort of slight against sony is fucking amazing.
I understand the influence (business side of it), there is more sony fans, they pay bills (Gaf Gold) at some point this forum will host the same crowd (sony fans) & this is how other platforms will get the edge over Gaf.
#Free
Superluperap
Dory16
Sleepdoctor
eastwood333
Shin
EviLore EviLore I hope you'll consider having them back, i've seen a lot of people getting back from a perm so i'm keeping hope.

But they're doing it!!!
:messenger_grinning:

you and I had our moments, but we came to an agreement or an understanding of how to talk to each other.

There are a couple of x box fans I can get along with or at least hold a decent dialogue with, @X-Fighter and DaGwaphics DaGwaphics for example, they are willing to give some ground here and there, But the people you listened above, they are beyond toxic m8,

Eastwood is not permanently banned but as soon as he is back he will be back to his old tricks once again.
It's personal with him.

I can't speak for whoever Shin was I never had an interaction with him.

Tesseract

Banned
i'm not sure what users are on about, reaching across the aisle and taking a bow over superior spec sheets is ridiculous

microsoft just took the worst pelting of their life with a shit showing flagship and otherwise dry lineup of titles that in many cases are shrouded in veils and shadows

sony goof troop parades going on about ssd garbo and marking down seemingly neutral threads with piles of laugh reacts (and memes) draws patterns of mob behavior which makes me think the screeching is overwhelmingly blue and collectivist, but i've not deep dived these threads enough to stake a claim either way

valve stays winning tho, phew (thanks gabe for being the hero we both need and deserve)

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
B burn this down Aug 10, 2020PermanentRequested
He hasn't posted in forever, changes his name then he asks for a perm. The hell.
i'm not sure what users are on about, reaching across the isle and taking a bow over superior spec sheets is ridiculous

microsoft just took the worst pelting of their life with a shit showing flagship and otherwise dry lineup of titles that in many cases are shrouded in veils and shadows

sony goof troop parades going on about ssd garbo and marking down seemingly neutral threads with piles of laugh reacts (and memes) draws patterns of mob behavior which makes me think the screeching is overwhelmingly blue and collectivist, but i've not deep dived these threads enough to stake a claim either way

valve stays winning tho, phew (thanks gabe for being the hero we both need and deserve)
Valve isn't even in the race. It doesn't even make games or hardware it is just a storefront getting FAT off of others.

FAT

Last edited by a moderator:

Tesseract

Banned
B burn this down Aug 10, 2020PermanentRequested
He hasn't posted in forever, changes his name then he asks for a perm. The hell.

Valve isn't even in the race. It doesn't even make games or hardware it is just a storefront getting FAT off of others.

FAT
giphy.gif

this forum is slowly becoming a sony fanboy ghost town
I'm a PC-first guy that plays Switch and PS4 on the side that happens to find Microsoft's offerings to be very underwhelming. Nothing fanboy about that and if you don't want this forum to become a "Sony fanboy ghost town", then holding Microsoft's feet to the fire instead of hand-waving their problems away would be the best course of action.

Shantae

Banned
I'm back, and I just wanted to say I wasn't trying to make a public spectacle. I just didn't want to message Evilore about it initially, and I legit didn't know any of the names of the mods of the site. I have emotional instability, and was upset with some of the responses of this site, and I felt like I didn't belong. Let's just leave it at that.

I'm back, and I'll try not to do that stupidity anymore.

haxan7

Banned
I'm back, and I just wanted to say I wasn't trying to make a public spectacle. I just didn't want to message Evilore about it initially, and I legit didn't know any of the names of the mods of the site. I have emotional instability, and was upset with some of the responses of this site, and I felt like I didn't belong. Let's just leave it at that.

It’s all good 👍🏻

You're not stupid, you belong everywhere, this is the internet, there are douchebags everywhere, they are worst than you think you are and do so to feel better about themselfs.
Don't be ashamed if you need another break, just message evilore or a mod and take your time.
Peace.

nush

Gold Member

Write this down on some paper where you can see it, to remind yourself of perspective next time you get upset.

Am I really upset?

*Check note*

Probably not, I'll do something else other than Gaf for a while.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Welcome back. It happens. Don't worry about it, and come back stronger.

Write this down on some paper where you can see it, to remind yourself of perspective next time you get upset.

Am I really upset?

*Check note*

Probably not, I'll do something else other than Gaf for a while.
This is what I do.

friday_collection_of_53.gif

nush

Gold Member
Holy hell, I went a few days on holiday, only checking the occasional thread while on the bathroom, and when I come home it’s like I missed an entire shit storm.

People going hard in the paint, when there isn’t even a ball in play yet.
It's amazing isn't it? These boxes are not even out yet, nobody's played them but people are so over-invested.

Kagey K

Banned
It's amazing isn't it? These boxes are not even out yet, nobody's played them but people are so over-invested.
It really goes to show how deeply brand loyalty can be rooted.

I used to work for Nike, but have no problem buying Adidas or Under Armor, but my daughter (who never worked for them) has a strong loyalty to Nike and actively tries to make me avoid those other brands.

It makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
It really goes to show how deeply brand loyalty can be rooted.

I used to work for Nike, but have no problem buying Adidas or Under Armor, but my daughter (who never worked for them) has a strong loyalty to Nike and actively tries to make me avoid those other brands.

It makes no sense to me.

It's likely a base human trait going haywire in an era that no longer needs it.

Early on, fierce, undying loyalty and allegiances to groups and beliefs were essential survival traits. You found a tribe, adjusted to and stuck with it 100%, and that was your best chance of making it in the world.

Today, although the behavior is no longer needed -- you can be as much of a free spirit as you want -- it remains, and has seeped into everything from politics to something as inconsequential as your phone OS.

Fundamentally, I think this is why it's such a pain in the ass to navigate human biases, change minds, etc. You're seeing people, at a base level, just acting on the way they evolved.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

LOL.

Replace "xbox" with "sony" and the same can be said to people like you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom