• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
LOL.

Replace "xbox" with "sony" and the same can be said to people like you too.
TerrificBaggyAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

nush

Gold Member
n2l9yST.png

Hey Tyler it's Best Bout Machine again, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the alt ban message. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Lames Exposed | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
n2l9yST.png

Hey Tyler it's Best Bout Machine again, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the alt ban message. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Lames Exposed | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.
Reported for extreme Machinerry

-Arcadia-

Banned
Sorry to ask a probably dumb question, but what is the deal with these posts?

Not at all.

Um, I think we had a person unironically stalking Evilore under a bunch of different names, lol. He would build up a good post history every time, then rip off the proverbial mask and reveal himself in an EL-hating tirade.

It wasn't meant to be, the stalker was... sadly obsessed, but it was actually kind of hilarious.

What Nush copypasta'd was one of his messages after his latest ban, where he immediately popped up a few minutes afterward again.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was just one Reeeeeeer who posted it originally. Then it has been slightly modified by our regulars when they see fit.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to ask a probably dumb question, but what is the deal with these posts?

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Not at all.

Um, I think we had a person unironically stalking Evilore under a bunch of different names, lol. He would build up a good post history every time, then rip off the proverbial mask and reveal himself in an EL-hating tirade.

It wasn't meant to be, the stalker was... sadly obsessed, but it was actually kind of hilarious.

What Nush copypasta'd was one of his messages after his latest ban, where he immediately popped up a few minutes afterward again.
I imagine if someone had an account on their parent's computer and had an account here from a separate apartment...They might seemingly go under the radar. I don't buy that he just "used" the nush account. It's probably an alt under someone else's ISP. Which is extremely desperate and creepy that someone would need to do that for a gaming forum ban.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Sorry I caught this late. So, this has been a thing since 2019. So, this sounds like a bot. Makes me wonder if it's not some crazy ex-mod who copypasta's this every time one of his former colleagues bites the dust.

I can't help but notice the number of users who only just signed up this year to post and are getting themselves banned for trolling is on the rise. Possibly because we are nearing the launch of these next-gen consoles. I think it's a shame because on this site you have a unique opportunity to really delve deep into why you like certain games or don't like certain games and you can do that without getting caught up in the console warring. And you have users who sign up because they genuinely want to have an honest, informative discussion on hardware too.

I guess you can't escape console wars, even on NeoGAF, but I will say that I appreciate the mods are doing their part to keep the Gaming side as respectable as can be while maintaining a laid-back, community-driven flow of discussion. That said, I think it will really help if the usual suspects (those who have been around longer than 2020) try to restrain from posting clickbait, "punching down" of the competition content. Any time you post a thread, you have to realize there are thousands of users reading it and even more who are lurking.

A thread like this by thelastword thelastword :

"I won't say anything, really. Just watch this 24-minute long video." You couldn't even be bothered to timestamp where in the video the preamble ends. And the thread was rightfully closed for being little more than concern trolling, more fuel for this stupid console war. These are the exact kind of threads me and many other users scroll past because we're tired of seeing them fill the first page.

But new users will continue to sign up, whether they already had the intention to be a part of the console war or not, and get themselves banned. And like I said, it's a shame because NeoGAF is a great place with potential to really talk about games and other nerdy topics if you actually want to have honest, informative discussions.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I can't help but notice the number of users who only just signed up this year to post and are getting themselves banned for trolling is on the rise. Possibly because we are nearing the launch of these next-gen consoles. I think it's a shame because on this site you have a unique opportunity to really delve deep into why you like certain games or don't like certain games and you can do that without getting caught up in the console warring. And you have users who sign up because they genuinely want to have an honest, informative discussion on hardware too.

I guess you can't escape console wars, even on NeoGAF, but I will say that I appreciate the mods are doing their part to keep the Gaming side as respectable as can be while maintaining a laid-back, community-driven flow of discussion. That said, I think it will really help if the usual suspects (those who have been around longer than 2020) try to restrain from posting clickbait, "punching down" of the competition content. Any time you post a thread, you have to realize there are thousands of users reading it and even more who are lurking.

A thread like this by thelastword thelastword :

"I won't say anything, really. Just watch this 24-minute long video." You couldn't even be bothered to timestamp where in the video the preamble ends. And the thread was rightfully closed for being little more than concern trolling, more fuel for this stupid console war. These are the exact kind of threads me and many other users scroll past because we're tired of seeing them fill the first page.

But new users will continue to sign up, whether they already had the intention to be a part of the console war or not, and get themselves banned. And like I said, it's a shame because NeoGAF is a great place with potential to really talk about games and other nerdy topics if you actually want to have honest, informative discussions.
I was fooled by the copypasta today...I'm still fairly new here. But, yeah...trolls will always enter into forums for a certain demented priority. in this case, the dawn of new consoles launching is going to lure in trolls. Many will lose thread posting privileges and come here to the Ban thread to shout "it was unjust!" Someone should do a percentage on the 5 main troll types and which are the most frequent.

Below is an artist's rendering of what a GAF troll looks like outside of it's natural habitat...observe

ChpCfR2.jpg

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Why does LED Guy ban post link to a Mayweather fight thread from 2005?
They possibly meant to link this instead ⬇

This seems to be the last place he posted before getting a temp ban.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Probably this thread
Yeah, this is definitely the OP/thread that got him banned. Pretty pathetic bait thread which should be retitled: Why I'm Telling You to Endorse The Sony PS5 and Not XBOX SERIES X |OT| Halo Infinite was bad!!! Warning: Clickbait Thread!!!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've got a few warnings and bans before the big meltdown in 2017, never had a single one up until a year before that and I think I had 3 within that period
I could be wrong, but I don't think anything I said was worthy of a ban or a warning
Would they still be on my account?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I've got a few warnings and bans before the big meltdown in 2017, never had a single one up until a year before that and I think I had 3 within that period
I could be wrong, but I don't think anything I said was worthy of a ban or a warning
Would they still be on my account?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom