• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Arcadia-

Banned
The trick is to do neither. Sticks and stones

I actually reported yesterday when the election thread was getting out of hand. I think that's what it's best served for, bigger stuff, like a person account suiciding with awful pictures, or a thread getting completely derailed and dragged into the sewer by multiples.

I completely agree otherwise. One person saying things you don't like, affecting you that much, is entirely a commentary on you.

belmarduk

This has probably been stated ad nauseum about Taysan's ban but I'll put it this way...

His behavior on the site wasn't always bad and that's not what got him a perm. Everyone seems caught up on the fact that it was insta-perm. Well, justifiably so in compliance with the integrity of NeoGAF. You should know from previous posts in this thread that he was on REEE with the exact username (even the same AV). He was pissed because there are a large number of conservatives here on GAF and he wanted to troll politics. That alone would have probably gotten him a warning. However, he spent yesterday in Reset giving them updates on how he was stirring things up in NeoGAF. No site owner, site moderator, admin, or whatever is going to tolerate someone attempting to diminish the quality of their site and maintain member ship.

To make it clear:

He didn't get permed for his troll posts in politics in whole.
He didn't get permed because he has a REEEE account (although, if it were my site -- I'd have an eye on anyone with an account here and there both)
He DID get banned because he was trying to show off to REEE how big and bad he was at trolling NeoGAF thinking that...no one will know.

I'm sure most mods know who here has accounts on Reset and here based on their posting. Also, given the fact that there is a ResetEra thread in GAF where members look in at the degenerate behavior over there -- it didn't take long to find him attempting to defame GAF.

What lessons can be learned? Don't come here flaunting your frustrations to REEE if you're damaged enough to have an account with them. Don't create accounts with chibi anime girls for an AV. Don't bite the hand that's feeding you.

For what post? "They aren't taking it well over there at all." is not trolling, its just an observation.

No time to look for the link right now in that mammoth thread, you posted some 4chan stuff about Trump having hacked voting machines to unearth voter fraud.
I saw that post. The links to the information posted were prefaced with warnings about conspiracy theories, people of sensitive dispositions etc, warnings about going down internet rabbitholes.

In the context of your calling out of autoduelist autoduelist , omitting this context is grossly disingenuous.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Oh, you mean the post where I preface it with a note that people like you need their reading comprehension card taken away, call EviLore EviLore deepstate, and make up a group called gafanon?

No wonder you didn't have time to find the post, you didn't find time to read it either.

Link

Full text
--------

Incoming 4chan theory.

Note : if you can't handle reading words you don't like, skip

Note 2: if you don't understand posting a cool rabbithole theory does not mean a poster buys into it 100%, spare me.

I tried to post the image but this rinkydink operation EviLore EviLore is running can't 'process' it, or perhaps it's because he is deepstate and programmed his upload software to make images filled with truth fail.

Gafanon represent, where we gaf one, we gaf all. The great reeeeeeeset!
I have read it in full, still found it funny.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Everyone here was expecting the meltdown over the politics, right?

And it never happened at least not from GAFers. A lot of Patients from the REE Asylum dropping by to troll, meltdown and commit account suicide but outside of a few hardcore Trumpers putting forth some iffy conspiracy theories it's seems pretty damn reasonable, amiable and calm.

I wasn't here in 2016 but I've seen the Election thread from that time and the meltdowns are some of the most epic in internet history. It's night and day compared to GAF today. Well done NeoGAF!

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
That was my impression on the gaming side. He came across to me as an edgy, aggressive and angry console warrior. I don't know what he was like in the Politics forum though.

I don't recall seeing him in politics though tbh I blocked him after getting bored of his hard-man bullshit in gaming. Initially I thought he had a hate-boner for Nintendo but then I realised he just hated everyone and everything, which I suppose at least makes him fair.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I don't recall seeing him in politics though tbh I blocked him after getting bored of his hard-man bullshit in gaming. Initially I thought he had a hate-boner for Nintendo but then I realised he just hated everyone and everything, which I suppose at least makes him fair.

Oh, I just thought since his meltdown and ban came from Politics that he was also regularly sharing his hate and negativity there too.

autoduelist

Please do, but in Python.

giphy.gif

Reactions: MrS

Yoshi

Please do, but in Python.
I won't use some untyped garbage language.

So, autoduelist autoduelist what I found funny about your posting:
1. The speculation in itself and its terrible evidence
2. The usage of the word "theory" to describe that drivel
3. Your ludicrous semi-distancing from its content ("it does not mean, I am 100% believing it"....) which, importantly, is different from "I am aware that this is a load of bollocks, but I found it amusing"
4. The grandiosity of the announcement of your posting
5. The claim that this weakly argued thing is a "cool theory"

So these were five points that made me smile while reading your post and the hypothesis of that internet individual that you linked.

3. Your ludicrous semi-distancing from its content ("it does not mean, I am 100% believing it"....) which, importantly, is different from "I am aware that this is a load of bollocks, but I found it amusing"

So these were five points that made me smile while reading your post and the hypothesis of that internet individual that you linked.

I bet you love that Youtube bans conspiracy theory videos.

autoduelist

1] it is a 4chan post
2] theory is literally the word in conspiracy theory
3] yes, it is an interesting rabbit hole theory
4] because i know people like you exist who can not process text correctly
5] it is a very fucking cool theory

I notice you also ignore that in the same post I called evilore deepstate, made up gafanon, and more.

Pathetic

Edit to add: why would I need to distance myself from that 4chan theory? I don't care if you find it ludicrous, the dude had a rabbithole theory and provided links to articles to stitch it together. I give it exactly that much credence. It isn't inherently ludicrous that voter integrity systems are in place that we do not know about. Does it go as deep as some random 4chan post suggests? Unlikely. Worth posting about? Absolutely, because, as I said, it is an interesting rabbit hole.

Last edited:

Yoshi

You just care about 4Chan?
No, but about NeoGAF.
1] it is a 4chan post
2] theory is literally the word in conspiracy theory
3] yes, it is an interesting rabbit hole theory
4] because i know people like you exist who can not process text correctly
5] it is a very fucking cool theory

I notice you also ignore that in the same post I called evilore deepstate, made up gafanon, and more.

Pathetic
Well, I did not find that funny, so that's why it is not in my list.

Yoshi

Edit to add: why would I need to distance myself from that 4chan theory? I don't care if you find it ludicrous, the dude had a rabbithole theory and provided links to articles to stitch it together. I give it exactly that much credence. It isn't inherently ludicrous that voter integrity systems are in place that we do not know about. Does it go as deep as some random 4chan post suggests? Unlikely. Worth posting about? Absolutely, because, as I said, it is an interesting rabbit hole.
You don't need to, but I am allowed to find it funny, no?

autoduelist

Well, I did not find that funny, so that's why it is not in my list.

I am still trying to figure out how you chain that back to your original @ me where you claimed

Joking a bit about how certain people here take the apparent loss of their favourite candidate badly (I remember reading something pretty ludicrous by autoduelist autoduelist earlier today, for instance

Why is posting a 4chan article speculating about weapons grade voter integrity plans taking the loss badly?

You crack me up because i predicted you in the fucking opening. Pedantic, humorless, and incapable of understanding the nuance of the internet.

notseqi

That is not what you said. You stated it was evidence of me taking the election badly, and that the post was ludicrous. You did not say you found the post funny until I called you out for having a broken ability to interpret humor.
I remember you taking it badly in general, not with just one specific post.

I don't take a single post as evidence, it's a view grown through accumulated input.

What now?

Yoshi

That is not what you said. You stated it was evidence of me taking the election badly, and that the post was ludicrous. You did not say you found the post funny until I called you out for having a broken ability to interpret humor.
If you haven't noticed, I found it funny for different reasons than you. I enjoyed your preemptively defensive weaseling about some baseless, stupid and downright childish speculation fantasising abot a secret master plan of Trump. At the base of which - and from my observation the likely reason you made the effort to semi-distance yourself from the contents - is the completely unfounded claim that Trump hasn't lost the election except for cheating measures by the Democrats. You are clearly indicating that you think there is some truth to it and you did not post it in a framing of celebrating the inventiveness of the author, but in a "I post something that some don't want to see and they are of course unwilling to see the truth a the core of this speculation"-way. This made for a very enjoyable read for me. In a similar vein as a few people's "oh, how can it be that a batch of mail voters exclusively voted for Biden".

I need to say at the same time though, that I did expect more funny postings than there were and that a lot of people took the election loss in a mature way. You luckily weren't among them though.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Cute, like back in playschool. Read his posts through the thread and make your own picture, then get back to me. I repudiate these playground antics. Especially while I'm on mobile.
Aka "I got nothing substantial to prove my point".
Par for the course with you at this point.

notseqi

Aka "I got nothing substantial to prove my point".
Par for the course with you at this point.
Big man. 'Par for the course with you at this point.' Receipts? And why exactly are you so sore about me? Because I rebuked your blatant MUSLIMS!!! in the Vienna thread? It's bedtime soon, hippity hop.

I am not going to interpret the posts I saw and how I felt about them for you. Do some work, until then, don't rush to the defense of somebody who hasn't replied yet. Maybe I'm right.

autoduelist

If you haven't noticed, I found it funny for different reasons than you. I enjoyed your preemptively defensive weaseling about some baseless, stupid and downright childish speculation fantasising abot a secret master plan of Trump. At the base of which - and from my observation the likely reason you made the effort to semi-distance yourself from the contents - is the completely unfounded claim that Trump hasn't lost the election except for cheating measures by the Democrats. You are clearly indicating that you think there is some truth to it and you did not post it in a framing of celebrating the inventiveness of the author, but in a "I post something that some don't want to see and they are of course unwilling to see the truth a the core of this speculation"-way. This made for a very enjoyable read for me. In a similar vein as a few people's "oh, how can it be that a batch of mail voters exclusively voted for Biden".

I need to say at the same time though, that I did expect more funny postings than there were and that a lot of people took the election loss in a mature way. You luckily weren't among them though.

A swing and a miss.

-Arcadia-

Banned

Yoshi going heel. :messenger_pensive:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Sorry, I am not a native speaker, so I am unaware of the meaning of some idioms. Could you please tell me what "going heel" means?

Loved wrestler turns evil in the silly, soap opera-like stories, essentially.

Don’t take it too seriously, when explained like that. It was a joke

Yoshi

Loved wrestler turns evil in the silly, soap opera-like stories, essentially.

Don’t take it too seriously, when explained like that. It was a joke
Ah, thanks. I took no offense. In fact, the "watching reactions and coping mechanisms to lost elections" entertainment is probably not the nicest. Since my side has lost four general elections straight in my country* (and will lose the next one again) this kind of often-changing majorities and the associated reactions occur very rarely here. In fact, for my whole life, there have only been two changes in power in Germany (Kohl->Schröder, Schröder->Merkel) with the latter being exceedingly entertaining even though I was devastated by the outcome.

*Germany has had a Conservative chancellor for 32 out of the last 40 years

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Move over Taysan appeals, I'd like to request that G Glass Shark be unbanned.

So that he can be immediately banned again for what was an incredibly stupid post.
Mod edited the post to be funnier, but I think the original should be known for posterity. It was something like "Genuinely have to say it's fun being able to call you idiots out on your shit and not get banned"
I refreshed aaand its gone.gif... so I forget the exact wording for the middle part, but idiots and shit were involved.

Move me to metagaf/brand me with virgingaf if you must.

I would never describe Taysan as a nice poster. Someone who calls for the Trump towers to be burnt down, publicly praises ResetEra's moderation and smears CD Projekt Red as transphobic doesn't fit the bill, I'm afraid.

However, all of the above happened off-site and while seemingly duplicitous his behaviour here doesn't appear to have broken any rules.

I would encourage moderation to review his ban and reinstate him. To give him the shot he publicly denies people he disagrees with over there would be fair and possibly a valuable moral lesson.

It would also have the additional advantage of letting me tell it to his face, i. e., that which he can't bring himself to do here.

Mod of War Mod of War , please consider it.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I would never describe Taysan as a nice poster. Someone who calls for the Trump towers to be burnt down, publicly praises ResetEra's moderation and smears CD Projekt Red as transphobic doesn't fit the bill, I'm afraid.

However, all of the above happened off-site and while seemingly duplicitous his behaviour here doesn't appear to have broken any rules.

I would encourage moderation to review his ban and reinstate him. To give him the shot he publicly denies people he disagrees with over there would be fair and possibly a valuable moral lesson.

It would also have the additional advantage of letting me tell it to his face, i. e., that which he can't bring himself to do here.

Mod of War Mod of War , please consider it.
It honestly wouldn't accomplish any of that at the end of the day. Besides, the only purpose he served here was to post fuckery for his own amusement, and that had long since worn out its luster. It was time to part ways for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom