• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Was Taysan banned because he said he was on era and gaf at same time?

Edit: nvm. Weird to use the same username. Low effort troll.
He's known to post on both forums.

And his posts and personality on Reee are way different than here. He's a lot more vocal and biased over there, but here will chime in with one liners to troll. Then goes back to the safety of Reeee and is loud again.

He tries to straddle the fence of being banned here, but it caught up with him.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Obama's milquetoast attitude to foreign policy was laughable, and it most certainly has had a direct impact on myriad lives in Europe & the ME. I don't think anger like that comes from nowhere. I would have thought there was enough blood on the cleaver already from the election thread from actual provocateurs, so I'm curious as to why you're so keen on 'No way Jose' over this particular perm. Care to explain with big boy words?
What is there to explain? I'm just stating my opinion here. I agreed with his ban over stating what he stated. Plenty of people have been banned for saying far less about other politicians. If you think he was wronged make your case to the mods.
My avatar describes my reaction to reading that diatribe yesterday. Then again, the tone here can be a little wild west. I'm not sure what the solution is but I do wish we could all be more civil to one another and the subject matter of our conversations. Then again, what the fuck do I know?
Cooler heads is not much to ask for in a place full of adults. But then again videogames?

notseqi

My avatar describes my reaction to reading that diatribe yesterday. Then again, the tone here can be a little wild west. I'm not sure what the solution is but I do wish we could all be more civil to one another and the subject matter of our conversations. Then again, what the fuck do I know?
Would't really have registered apart from raised eyebrows if it hadn't been quite out of the ordinary for him, at least from the number of posts I saw. I'd wait on further judgement because there could be other stuff, deleted as to not derail the thread.

People had been great ignoring it though.

Kadayi

Banned
What is there to explain? I'm just stating my opinion here. I agreed with his ban over stating what he stated. Plenty of people have been banned for saying far less about other politicians. If you think he was wronged make your case to the mods.

No ones disputing a ban. But a straight perm seems a bit OTT, for an otherwise reasonable poster and forum regular from what I can tell. Maybe Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights , Mod of War Mod of War or EviLore EviLore can offer some clarity?

Because go to perm, go directly to Perm, do not garner Infraction Point/Warning, do not learn a lesson, doesn't seem to serve any good purpose for most users.

Last edited:

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Just for context, after reviewing prior history, CrysisFreak has been given several warnings and even more benefit of doubts when allocating more. The warnings range from posts like this to console warring, general derailing and posting TLOU II spoilers outside the designated thread when the leaks dropped. And this culminated in the post we saw yesterday, which was just ridiculously over embittered and full of real hatred. Given the range and diversity of warnings there comes a time when the belief that someone here is honestly wanes. Especially when on the first page of recent activity you have antagonistic posts like this:

Having said that, there is always a way back. However, this does not mean the onus is on the mod team. The chances have been generous and we've let stuff slide where we can, but there is a limit. The onus is now on the poster themselves to reach out to support and work it out like an adult, taking responsibility for their actions. That will then be reviewed by the admins and if sufficently convincing will be reviewed. But again, this does not guarantee anything, this is about starting a conversation if CrysisFreak wishes to do so.

• I don't like TaySan
  • there was always something weird about him
  • never really engaged in honest discussions, I felt. Seemed a bit to me he was only here to be playing the the "woke one" and "era ambassador" here.
  • my guess that was his Asperger's. I think I remember him saying he is on the spectrum.
  • his doublefacedness with the stuff he is posting on era disappointed me anyway. I don't go read there anymore since I have been here, so I didn't know what kind of poster he was over there.
  • that said, I also feel the perm is a bit harsh, but I trust the mods decision on this one.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Voted Biden. This is GAF after all.

e9d2baecccb6d98e946c3518c7cb200514450f9ar1-354-200_00.gif

Vote for Trump, please!

4l3ye5.jpg

notseqi

Just for context, after reviewing prior history, CrysisFreak has been given several warnings and even more benefit of doubts when allocating more. The warnings range from posts like this to console warring, general derailing and posting TLOU II spoilers outside the designated thread when the leaks dropped. And this culminated in the post we saw yesterday, which was just ridiculously over embittered and full of real hatred. Given the range and diversity of warnings there comes a time when the belief that someone here is honestly wanes. Especially when on the first page of recent activity you have antagonistic posts like this:

Having said that, there is always a way back. However, this does not mean the onus is on the mod team. The chances have been generous and we've let stuff slide where we can, but there is a limit. The onus is now on the poster themselves to reach out to support and work it out like an adult, taking responsibility for their actions. That will then be reviewed by the admins and if sufficently convincing will be reviewed. But again, this does not guarantee anything, this is about starting a conversation if CrysisFreak wishes to do so.
Thank you for taking the time and clearing that up.

Kadayi

Banned

Appreciate the fast response. Maybe if they do reach out, they'll reconsider their ways some. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Given the state of the world in 2020 who knows whats going on in peoples lives. Edgy? Sure. Inappropriate? Sure. Clear Troll? JakeGyllenhaal headshake.Gif
Well, you know...
Everybody is like this from time to time. Sometimes I post stuff where I think "woah, maybe this was a bit harsh".
But at least I have that kind of self reflection going on and then I take measures. Even if that means I stay away from GAF for a few days.
With CrysisFreak, I had the feeling he had nothing but disdain anymore for things, and it's been going on for a while.

Maybe he can sort it out with the mods and return.
Wish him the best.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

I don't personally think I'll miss CrysisFreak - always seemed to be trying too hard to be edgy. Very aggressive about.. well.. everything.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I also feel that the ban for TaySan was not justified, especially not as a perm. I do not even feel he presents as two different people on Era and here, the difference in tone comes from a different reaction to him. Here, he is facing a lot of scrutiny and bullying behaviour, so he is more reserved in his posting behaviour and will often not engage in long discussions because he faces a lot of negativity. At Resetera, he can post a bit more relaxed, but at the same time, a more confrontational style of posting in terms of political issues (i.e. more aggressiveness towards Trumpers) is mandated. I found him to be pretty consistent, within the limitations of the platforms.

Joking a bit about how certain people here take the apparent loss of their favourite candidate badly (I remember reading something pretty ludicrous by autoduelist autoduelist earlier today, for instance) is not that strange, is it? I mean, people have been doing the opposite towards people who do not support Trump consistently for years here. Just think of the constant "Reee" images being posted. In that regard TaySan's comment was exceedingly mild.

My plan for the election day was to see who had won and if Biden won to primarily read the reactions here and if Trump won to primarily read the reactions on Era. Why? Because it's more fun than victory memes.

lol to this day Yoshi Yoshi will handwave for any ERA behavior

I see those bans as an open indictment against that barracuda duplicitousness. Don't be a "two-faced weasel". Anyone is welcome to share their opinion on GAF. That doesn't include the indulgence to undermine the community, tantrum, and play snake.

Both forums have a reputation. There's a strange habit of people coming to GAF to spread a certain reputation about GAF when they could simply discuss GAF from outside (like at the way-more-popular ResetERA). It's easy to see the attempts to poison the well and it has been going on for years.

But like clockwork, you come in and stan for the snakes who got banned instead of -- for once -- standing up for the board you're on? Nice. :messenger_beaming::messenger_ok:

cormack12

Gold Member
To be fair, I think the drastic over reaction some wanted from GAF has not materialised and he is just one of a few that tried to provoke that reaction. Hence why the ban page is floooooooded. There's the odd doomsayer or conspiracy hatter but most people are just chatting. So it sticks out when people are in there trying to poke people is my guess anyway. I never really saw him beyond the era thread before he was reply banned, but following the election thread for the day he curated very carefully what was being shared from pollsters etc......trying to get that reaction, and then got vauht out posting on era about that reaction......I'm sure if he emails it can be worked out.

eot

Banned
People stanning for Taysan? He only came here yesterday to drop latest tweets that showed Biden in front. Just posting gotcha's that were copy/pasted from era. Notice the distinct lack of gaffers following the election here and posting tweets over there? The rest of the names, you knew it was coming as soon as Biden won. They were just on the knife edge of being overly rude and combatitive but trying to contain it until the results looked beyond doubt. These people stick out a while when they come back to post as do the console warriors. The two groups who just can't blend in because of their extreme views. The strength of character is reflected in their magnanimity in victory.
So what if he posts pro-Biden tweets? This forum isn't supposed to enforce one political view.
I don't particularly like TaySan but a perm feels a bit much to me, just ban him from the election thread if that's the problem.

So what if he posts pro-Biden tweets? This forum isn't supposed to enforce one political view.
And it doesn't imo.

I never felt I got flak from some imaginary "bully force" here when I posted stuff like that I thought that Trump handled Corona badly, or my stance that "She Ra" is not woke but just gay/trans-oriented television.

But with TaySan I feel it's more of a "you have to see the whole picture" thing.
It wasn't just his shenanigans in the politics forum or election thread.

He has been riding on this weird edge of glorifying ERA on this forum and talking shit about GAF over there, while posting stuff here that would have get him banned in less than a minute over there (like participating in our "hot girls" threads, etc).

I am not sure you want people that act dishonest like this here.

I mean, he was very clear in his behaviour that he feels ERA is the superior place for him compared to here.
Now he can enjoy it a lot more. ; )

That said, I still feel the perm out of the blue was a bit hard.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

It doesn't. Nobody_Important is still very much active in the election thread because he's not trolling anyone or shit-flinging. People might disagree with me there, take it up with the mods if you feel that way.

Kev Kev

funny how much a known liar and manipulator can effectively lie to and manipulate some of you guys. i'll admit he almost had me fooled for a minute there too. but the writing is on the wall now.

and you know the worst part is he is probably loooovvvving this attention from everyone rn.

and i think thats all he really wanted, like most of them over there. some of you are being really naive. he was obviously trolling us the whole time and he doesnt even like us. in fact, he probably hates us. but that attention dopamine hit is just too good to resist. he gets the same thing over on re. i mean, the dude was posting extremely fucking regularly on both forums, what does that tell you about how much he values getting reactions from people? he lives off of it and hes still living off it right, just from afar.

but hey, if you guys want to be buddy buddy with liars, manipulators and cowards, by all means... im not wasting anymore posts on him though. good riddance, jerk

That said, I still feel the perm out of the blue was a bit hard.
"haha I troll GAF and then insult them / browbeat them when they don't put up with my antics" is a pass for me, personally. Like Kev Kev Kev Kev said Taysan was probably a narcissist or at least a chronic attention whore, only doing it to put the spotlight back on himself. It was no coincidence that derails followed TaySan wherever he went.

Yoshi

lol to this day Yoshi Yoshi will handwave for any ERA behavior

I see those bans as an open indictment against that barracuda duplicitousness. Don't be a "two-faced weasel". Anyone is welcome to share their opinion on GAF. That doesn't include the indulgence to undermine the community, tantrum, and play snake.

Both forums have a reputation. There's a strange habit of people coming to GAF to spread a certain reputation about GAF when they could simply discuss GAF from outside (like at the way-more-popular ResetERA). It's easy to see the attempts to poison the well and it has been going on for years.

But like clockwork, you come in and stan for the snakes who got banned instead of -- for once -- standing up for the board you're on? Nice. :messenger_beaming::messenger_ok:
Standing up for the board does not mean to always agree with administrative decisions. If I think someone was over moderated (e.g. getting a perm for no specific infriction and without prior steps of escalation), then from my perspective discussing that issue is standing up for the board.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Appreciate the fast response. Maybe if they do reach out, they'll reconsider their ways some. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like that. Not familiar with the poster in question but it’s good to hear. Just curious but is that communicated to them upon ban-do they get a “hey if you have a change of heart reach out to us and we can review”?

Regardless I really like the approach that you outlined. A ban seems warranted but giving someone a chance to make things right is also good. Like when you receive an angry email and give the sender an opportunity to walk it back. Responsibility is on them to take the first step.

-Arcadia-

Banned
People forget that Taysan was quite well-treated here, up until he cheerleaded arson on Reset. That was the flip moment for everything. Even when pressured here, he apologized, but within a half-hour, was back to making excuses for rioters.

Nobody is exempt from the effects of their own actions.

Saber

People forget that Taysan was quite well-treated here, up until he cheerleaded arson on Reset. That was the flip moment for everything. Even when pressured here, he apologized, but within a half-hour, was back to making excuses for rioters.

The Etika stuff was obviously one of main reasons I dislike him, but countless others came to fruit. He siding with people harassing and canceling John from DF is one of reasons I couldn't stand this two-face attitude. I may not like a person on DF, but this doesn't give me the right to harass and social hunt them. Still remember DF bending to their knees out of fear. I dunno about you guys, but for me this is wrong no matter the forum you are. Its not discipline(LOL), its simply a person knowing what he is doing is wrong, but at one place he was allowed to do it.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Absolutely. For me, that was the moment my tolerance for the little shit went to zero.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I like that. Not familiar with the poster in question but it’s good to hear. Just curious but is that communicated to them upon ban-do they get a “hey if you have a change of heart reach out to us and we can review”?

Regardless I really like the approach that you outlined. A ban seems warranted but giving someone a chance to make things right is also good. Like when you receive an angry email and give the sender an opportunity to walk it back. Responsibility is on them to take the first step.

If there was a way back for brap brap (Jesus Christ :messenger_unamused: ) of all posters on here from purgatory, there is hope for anyone.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Obviously, being the internet, displaying your true personality isn't a necessity. But if you're not an outright joke poster, the whole point of a community forum is for people to be their true selves and give their honest opinions and thoughts when relevant. If you're not doing that, you're not really contributing anything, and you're definitely not safe from being kicked out for wasting people's time.
In my opinion.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think another factor in all of this is, to actually pull from the concept of a riot, is that when you showcase bad behavior individually, it may fly, but when you’re joining a bunch of people sacking the place and doing the same, the authorities may take heavier measures to get things under control.

I find it amusing that the only meltdown on Gaf on election night, came from people who have never posted in politics, or in Gaf in three years, and needed to crow, attack, and troll everywhere.

This is hardly the place, but even when they achieve something positive for themselves, they’re insufferable.

On topic, joining the ‘festivities’ in that kind of environment is a bad idea, especially with a history of that sort of thing, for that aforementioned concept of trying to get things under control.

autoduelist

Joking a bit about how certain people here take the apparent loss of their favourite candidate badly (I remember reading something pretty ludicrous by autoduelist autoduelist earlier today, for instance) is not that strange, is it?

Quote me please. I would love to hear where I said something pretty ludicrous regarding the apparent loss of my favorite candidate.

Let me go get my popcorn.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I don't personally think I'll miss CrysisFreak - always seemed to be trying too hard to be edgy. Very aggressive about.. well.. everything.

That was my impression on the gaming side. He came across to me as an edgy, aggressive and angry console warrior. I don't know what he was like in the Politics forum though.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
The ban on TaySan is not fair.
He is consistently a nice person and his banning shows the bias of some of the moderators.
Reinstating him would be the right thing to do.
This has probably been stated ad nauseum about Taysan's ban but I'll put it this way...

His behavior on the site wasn't always bad and that's not what got him a perm. Everyone seems caught up on the fact that it was insta-perm. Well, justifiably so in compliance with the integrity of NeoGAF. You should know from previous posts in this thread that he was on REEE with the exact username (even the same AV). He was pissed because there are a large number of conservatives here on GAF and he wanted to troll politics. That alone would have probably gotten him a warning. However, he spent yesterday in Reset giving them updates on how he was stirring things up in NeoGAF. No site owner, site moderator, admin, or whatever is going to tolerate someone attempting to diminish the quality of their site and maintain member ship.

To make it clear:

He didn't get permed for his troll posts in politics in whole.
He didn't get permed because he has a REEEE account (although, if it were my site -- I'd have an eye on anyone with an account here and there both)
He DID get banned because he was trying to show off to REEE how big and bad he was at trolling NeoGAF thinking that...no one will know.

I'm sure most mods know who here has accounts on Reset and here based on their posting. Also, given the fact that there is a ResetEra thread in GAF where members look in at the degenerate behavior over there -- it didn't take long to find him attempting to defame GAF.

What lessons can be learned? Don't come here flaunting your frustrations to REEE if you're damaged enough to have an account with them. Don't create accounts with chibi anime girls for an AV. Don't bite the hand that's feeding you.

This has probably been stated ad nauseum about Taysan's ban but I'll put it this way...

His behavior on the site wasn't always bad and that's not what got him a perm. Everyone seems caught up on the fact that it was insta-perm. Well, justifiably so in compliance with the integrity of NeoGAF. You should know from previous posts in this thread that he was on REEE with the exact username (even the same AV). He was pissed because there are a large number of conservatives here on GAF and he wanted to troll politics. That alone would have probably gotten him a warning. However, he spent yesterday in Reset giving them updates on how he was stirring things up in NeoGAF. No site owner, site moderator, admin, or whatever is going to tolerate someone attempting to diminish the quality of their site and maintain member ship.

To make it clear:

He didn't get permed for his troll posts in politics in whole.
He didn't get permed because he has a REEEE account (although, if it were my site -- I'd have an eye on anyone with an account here and there both)
He DID get banned because he was trying to show off to REEE how big and bad he was at trolling NeoGAF thinking that...no one will know.

I'm sure most mods know who here has accounts on Reset and here based on their posting. Also, given the fact that there is a ResetEra thread in GAF where members look in at the degenerate behavior over there -- it didn't take long to find him attempting to defame GAF.

What lessons can be learned? Don't come here flaunting your frustrations to REEE if you're damaged enough to have an account with them. Don't create accounts with chibi anime girls for an AV. Don't bite the hand that's feeding you.
You didn't need 309 words to describe him.

Cunt would have been fine.

Yoshi

Quote me please. I would love to hear where I said something pretty ludicrous regarding the apparent loss of my favorite candidate.

Let me go get my popcorn.
No time to look for the link right now in that mammoth thread, you posted some 4chan stuff about Trump having hacked voting machines to unearth voter fraud.

autoduelist

No time to look for the link right now in that mammoth thread, you posted some 4chan stuff about Trump having hacked voting machines to unearth voter fraud.

Oh, you mean the post where I preface it with a note that people like you need their reading comprehension card taken away, call EviLore EviLore deepstate, and make up a group called gafanon?

No wonder you didn't have time to find the post, you didn't find time to read it either.

Link

Full text
--------

Incoming 4chan theory.

Note : if you can't handle reading words you don't like, skip

Note 2: if you don't understand posting a cool rabbithole theory does not mean a poster buys into it 100%, spare me.

I tried to post the image but this rinkydink operation EviLore EviLore is running can't 'process' it, or perhaps it's because he is deepstate and programmed his upload software to make images filled with truth fail.

Gafanon represent, where we gaf one, we gaf all. The great reeeeeeeset!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom