• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

Banned
As a curiosity, and with all the blaming and accusations going around I have a question.

If someone does have alts (which is a bannable offence) if they gat banned on the alt and then come back on their main account is it subject to the same rules?

Many times we have seen main accounts get temp banned and upgraded to permanent as try to circumvent the ban, but I have never seen it the other way.

Is this by design?

-Arcadia-

Banned
As a curiosity, and with all the blaming and accusations going around I have a question.

If someone does have alts (which is a bannable offence) if they gat banned on the alt and then come back on their main account is it subject to the same rules?

Many times we have seen main accounts get temp banned and upgraded to permanent as try to circumvent the ban, but I have never seen it the other way.

Is this by design?

I have no idea, but the offense is ban evasion. One would think that works in reverse too.

After all, what good is a ban if you simply log back into a main account?

Mista

Banned

Is this by design?
When you get caught with an alt even if you aren't banned on your main, you'll catch a perm on all.

Even if your main account got a week or two and you got caught with an alt, that week or two becomes a perm

Thats forums 101 I guess

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
I got a warning here why exactly?

i got 2 other warnings and didn't dispute it because it was deserved, but i think this one is not, why blame me for the thread title and give me a warning for it when i just copied the title that's in the article?

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I got a warning here why exactly?

i got 2 other warnings and didn't dispute it because it was deserved, but i think this one is not, why blame me for the thread title and give me a warning for it when i just copied the title that's in the article?
Possibly the footnote written under all the attached articles. If a ton of users read that part about a not-yet-released console being weaker - it may encourage trolling against the XBOX Series X. Remember, it's just a warning which is the same as a head's up.

Sub 10tf ps5 should be viewed positive by ps fans, can't sustain 2,23Ghz, you can't use smartshift constantly to overclock the gpu without thermal issues.
So yeah, not being worried about that is reassuring.
I mean, i'm not a mod but the PS5 isn't a 9tf console. The rest we will have to wait and see.

You live up to the stereotypical cryface xbox fan when confronted with facts about the xbox though, which doesn't help your case.

But i'm not a mod, and it isn't my place so i'm out

He is a free man.
Morgan-Freeman-Leaves-Table-with-Food.gif

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Re-jail Freeman Freeman he went crazy on the xbox meme thread, i suggest :
  • prescribe him geographic area to post in (sony threads only)
  • Obtaining permission to post in xbox threads
  • Maintaining surveillance on him
  • Prohibition against trolling
  • Paying Gaf Gold
  • Not logging to Gaf after drinking alcohol or visiting bars

Yeah he along with several others are trolling every Xbox thread with impunity.

Freeman

Banned
Re-jail Freeman Freeman he went crazy on the xbox meme thread, i suggest :
  • prescribe him geographic area to post in (sony threads only)
  • Obtaining permission to post in xbox threads
  • Maintaining surveillance on him
  • Prohibition against trolling
  • Paying Gaf Gold
  • Not logging to Gaf after drinking alcohol or visiting bars
Damn man, there is no reason to be upset. I didn't even know if that was the Xbox thread just saw a power king meme thread with 38 pages of people making jokes and joined the party. It's just a plastic box at the end of the day.

If I get banned it's only a matter of a few years for me to be once again proven right, we don't need to go through that again.

Last edited:
Damn man, there is no reason to be upset. I didn't even know if that was the Xbox thread just saw a power king meme thread with 38 pages of people making jokes and joined the party. It's just a plastic box at the end of the day.

If I get banned it's only a matter of a few years for me to be once again proven right, we don't need to go through that again.

giphy.gif

And yes you're not right.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Back from a baseless ban. Mods want to ignore reports when people are constantly breaking the rules here. Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights said "brute force" comments would be an automatic ban just like 9.2tf yet we seen plenty continue to go unbanned for it.

Personal attacks are another supposed "no no" here yet when sony guys in the spec thread do it, its ok and reports are ignored again. Then you say "report spam". No, its a problem where so many people here are just constantly throwing insults, console warring bs and its all good. Yet someone says anything anti sony, even if its a valid criticism or even just an opinion and its an auto ban or warning.

Most telling part is instead of addressing people throwing around insults, talking about people's wives, or all that other good stuff they rather shut the spec thread down for a day.

It doesn't matter if majority of fans are sony here, same rules should apply to both sides. So much for being unbiased. That closing of the spec thread rather than address those throwing insults was a dead give away. Thats why people just stop posting here like chunk and others requesting bans.

Also
49kf8x.jpg

It only took 11 minutes to prove that you've been upset about those plastic boxes.
:messenger_grinning:

Freeman

Banned
Also
49kf8x.jpg

It only took 11 minutes to prove that you've been upset about those plastic boxes.
:messenger_grinning:
The only proper way to use the triggered reaction is to use it ironically, literally.

For me to be triggered it would require MS to actually show a game that looks good, that would make me reconsider my opinion of them, unfortunately that hasn't been the case in years. The day MS releases a game that wins most GoTY with Phil at the helm feel free to permaban me for all my years of heresy.

Last edited:
The only proper way to use the triggered reaction is to use it ironically, literally.

For me to be triggered it would require MS to actually show a game that looks good, that would make me reconsider my opinion of them, unfortunately that hasn't been the case in years.
See, that shouldn't trigger you, you should encourage competition to get good products, that's why sony got comfortable and made that overclocked ps5 to display a 2 digit tf number.
MS just made them think about future console releases, gotta deliver.

Freeman

Banned
See, that shouldn't trigger you, you should encourage competition to get good products, that's why sony got comfortable and made that overclocked ps5 to display a 2 digit tf number.
MS just made them think about future console releases, gotta deliver.
I overclock all my PC parts, no shame in that, it's all about getting the most out of your hardware. I care about results not Teraflops.

If MS had good games you wouldn't be talking about two digit Teraflops and overclock. We've been here before, we all know what is going to happen.

But we should stop here since I don't want to convince you. Please, cease your efforts to get me banned. It's not a good look, lets be friends instead and appreciate the diversity of opinions we have in this beautiful community.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Back from a baseless ban. Mods want to ignore reports when people are constantly breaking the rules here. Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights said "brute force" comments would be an automatic ban just like 9.2tf yet we seen plenty continue to go unbanned for it.

Personal attacks are another supposed "no no" here yet when sony guys in the spec thread do it, its ok and reports are ignored again. Then you say "report spam". No, its a problem where so many people here are just constantly throwing insults, console warring bs and its all good. Yet someone says anything anti sony, even if its a valid criticism or even just an opinion and its an auto ban or warning.

Most telling part is instead of addressing people throwing around insults, talking about people's wives, or all that other good stuff they rather shut the spec thread down for a day.

It doesn't matter if majority of fans are sony here, same rules should apply to both sides. So much for being unbiased. That closing of the spec thread rather than address those throwing insults was a dead give away. Thats why people just stop posting here like chunk and others requesting bans.

You have zero introspection. Don't make me comb your post history which would take me no time at all and show how you jump into threads, post bait to agitate and instigate people, then turn around and try and report them through DMs; since a year ago your report feature had been disabled for the same one sided constant abuse of it.

The only bias here is not on the staff, but rather certain users who can't see past their own fanaticism more often than not. The ban was just, and a reminder that we are not here for your personal theatrics or passive aggressive snipes in the DMs.

People were warned in the threads you speak of, and unless you have an inside to our logs, then you're talking out your ass.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Weird spam, every post to be approved is just unrelated images, low effort bot style posts. Must be sent here by Bethesda

I'm just being nosy, but you guys usually do the copy pasta for bot bans; mind posting some of the pictures? Sounds like a little bit of a laugh
If not whatever, I'm not looking for a review or anything

SleepDoctor

Banned
You have zero introspection. Don't make me comb your post history which would take me no time at all and show how you jump into threads, post bait to agitate and instigate people, then turn around and try and report them through DMs; since a year ago your report feature had been disabled for the same one sided constant abuse of it.

The only bias here is not on the staff, but rather certain users who can't see past their own fanaticism more often than not. The ban was just, and a reminder that we are not here for your personal theatrics or passive aggressive snipes in the DMs.

People were warned in the threads you speak of, and unless you have an inside to our logs, then you're talking out your ass.

Zero introspection? Nah its called calling out the obvious. I don't throw any insults like yours truly do. Sure I've antagonized people who post moronic posts, but you don't see me throwing insults, 9.2tf, brute force, or any of that bullshit. You've even told me before when I reported an antagonistic post "ohh but look at what they're replying to". I guess that only goes for one side. Its no secret this forum has been toxic af since the ps5 reveal, its just only an when its anti sony. When I've reported moronic anti sony posts, they're almost instantly addressed, no questions asked.

One specific time someone posted some shit like "xbot is a disease" and what was your response? "they're not console warring". Seems kinda biased to me.

Report spam, i was new here and seeing as that's what sony fanboys do, its ok. And I honestly don't believe it was "spam" anyway It wouldn't be spam if certain people didn't get so many passes.

When I criticize Xbox side, its "liked" or et etc, but if I criticize Sony its the end of the world.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Zero introspection? Nah its called calling out the obvious. I don't throw any insults like yours truly do. Sure I've antagonized people who post moronic posts, but you don't see me throwing insults, 9.2tf, brute force, or any of that bullshit. You've even told me before when I reported an antagonistic post "ohh but look at what they're replying to". I guess that only goes for one side. Its no secret this forum has been toxic af since the ps5 reveal, its just only an when its anti sony. When I've reported moronic anti sony posts, they're almost instantly addressed, no questions asked.

One specific time someone posted some shit like "xbot is a disease" and what was your response? "they're not console warring". Seems kinda biased to me.

Report spam, i was new here and seeing as that's what sony fanboys do, its ok. And I honestly don't believe it was "spam" anyway It wouldn't be spam if certain people didn't get so many passes.

When I criticize Xbox side, its "liked" or et etc, but if I criticize Sony its the end of the world.
You killed your own argument in the bold and helped support the narrative you have no introspection on why you were banned

Why not ask about the differences in the decisions on your previous reports instead?

As far as the decisions regarding console warring, you can go up and down this thread since the reveals and get plenty of information on how they're handling it

SleepDoctor

Banned
Didn't kil
You killed your own argument in the bold and helped support the narrative you have no introspection on why you were banned

Why not ask about the differences in the decisions on your previous reports instead?

As far as the decisions regarding console warring, you can go up and down this thread since the reveals and get plenty of information on how they're handling it

Didn't kill anything. I know I've antagonized people who post bait or whatever. But you don't see me stirring shit up with threads to bait or shit like that. For you to sit there and say "xbot is a disease" is not console warring kinda makes it hard to see you as unbiased.

Rather than address the insults and shit in the spec thread, they just closed it for a day. If it was anti sony, there'd be bans. Just look at all the people were reply banned from there to begin with.

If you can't set your personal biases aside to be fair to all members, maybe you shouldn't be a mod. Calling me a fanatic when the best part is my ps4 has more than double my Xbox library is not very good judgment.

I've read on this forum for years and never joined cuz of the bullshit with that bishop mod fanboying hard for one side. And I definitely don't want to see this head back that way.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
For you to sit there and say "xbot is a disease" is not console warring kinda makes it hard to see you as unbiased.

Rather than address the insults and shit in the spec thread, they just closed it for a day. If it was anti sony, there'd be bans. Just look at all the people were reply banned from there to begin with.

You'd have to bring in the specific context
Can you link the forum posts please?
It's a bit hard to address things when the full context of the conversation in the thread isn't brought to light
Though, Bill of Rights did offer to go through your post history for you, if you'd like

If you can't set your personal biases aside to be fair to all members, maybe you shouldn't be a mod. Calling me a fanatic when the best part is my ps4 has more than double my Xbox library is not very good judgment.
That's your interpretation due to your personal bias on the issue; their personal bias will have them interpret a situation differently
I've read on this forum for years and never joined cuz of the bullshit with that bishop mod fanboying hard for one side. And I definitely don't want to see this head back that way.
All up to you man; you can stay or go if you don't like the direction it's going
But just remember it's their playground at the end of the day. They can have their bias all they want

To be frank, I've been swatted on the nose with a the newspaper once or twice for encouraging piracy
Did I think that incorrect? Yeah, I felt like I was just making a joke about being better because I'm a pirate (I'm not :p)

Which do you think is more productive:
Argue it with the people who run the forum, or try to gain understanding of why they deleted my post?
Granted I did neither; I just decided that I'll only LIGHTLY post about piracy and try to encourage others not to post TOO FAR about piracy here

SleepDoctor

Banned
You'd have to bring in the specific context
Can you link the forum posts please?
It's a bit hard to address things when the full context of the conversation in the thread isn't brought to light
Though, Bill of Rights did offer to go through your post history for you, if you'd like

That's your interpretation due to your personal bias on the issue; their personal bias will have them interpret a situation differently

All up to you man; you can stay or go if you don't like the direction it's going
But just remember it's their playground at the end of the day. They can have their bias all they want

To be frank, I've been swatted on the nose with a the newspaper once or twice for encouraging piracy
Did I think that incorrect? Yeah, I felt like I was just making a joke about being better because I'm a pirate (I'm not :p)

Which do you think is more productive:
Argue it with the people who run the forum, or try to gain understanding of why they deleted my post?
Granted I did neither; I just decided that I'll only LIGHTLY post about piracy and try to encourage others not to post TOO FAR about piracy here

I get what you're saying. This just not something new, its been going on for awhile now. You can have great discussions here when there's a thread that's not derailed. But lately that's rarely the case here.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

You only see what you want to see. You're knee deep in the very thing you claim you despise, and you don't even realize it.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I get what you're saying. This just not something new, its been going on for awhile now. You can have great discussions here when there's a thread that's not derailed. But lately that's rarely the case here.
I'd be able to understand more if you brought the posts and other things you're referencing to light

Are you able to provide these posts??

I'm not assuming anything, but if you don't want to put forth the effort to share what posts you have issues with, I'd say you don't care as much as you'd think and might just want to move on from the topic in one way or another

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Let's welcome back Calverz Calverz , who seemed to have been permabanned by you-know-who for...liking Xbox?

The momentum is with the Xbox one in the UK right now. The christmas game lineup is well better!

iI378Qe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom