• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football 2K10 Paypal League

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
The Frankman said:
I was better off not tanking. If I had faced Galesayers I'd be in line to win instead of needing a monster effort on Monday Night.

Yeah, talk about your ultimate horrible days. No TDs, everyone underperforming.

y only hope rests with Vick going off on some 40 point beast game again. If not...geez.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Wow, Tim Hightower just came through big for me. Still got players on both sides going, but it looks like my chances of moving on are pretty solid.

acksman

TeethMummy said:
Wow, Tim Hightower just came through big for me. Still got players on both sides going, but it looks like my chances of moving on are pretty solid.

Your good, no way I can come back from that with you still having Flacco to play.

Good job man and good luck!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
"Please throw and/or run for like 3 more TDs, Vick!!"

I have been muttering this for the last hour!

I need all the help I can get going into tomorrow!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
...and of course then Michael Vick ceases to be Michael Vick :(

right as I was about to post this, of course, magic happens!

Keeping hope alive!

Hmm net damage is that I need to make up 23.47 points with:

Ray Rice
Brandon Jacobs
Billy Cundiff
Owen Daniels

I seem to have enough lottery tickets, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Crazymoogle said:
Hmm net damage is that I need to make up 23.47 points with:

Ray Rice
Brandon Jacobs
Billy Cundiff
Owen Daniels

I seem to have enough lottery tickets, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

It should be close either way. If all your players hit their expected range, you win. If the trend of underperforming that has swept much of the league hits your guys, I might be in luck.

I sure as well hope so!! My teams have played too well to tank in glorious fashion the first week in the playoffs!! :p

Loks like I won't be moving on. Like I said if I didn't pull BGE in the last game I would've faced Galesayers and won, since I'm ahead of him right now. Tough way to go out... but I'll be back next year and will follow the chat!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Yeah, sucks for both of us. My worst week of the season had to be this week!

I am still down for a keeper league if anyone is interested...

EDIT - and I told you it was going to be all blowouts...but did you listen!?!? :p

Jacobs is such a beast. And a Keeper league is interesting, would need to be fewer teams though (and a new draft)

Next week, the semis!
(6) BAIL KINGS (NEOGAF) vs. (2) ALEX ANDERSON
(1) EMBER ISLAND PLAYERS vs. (5) WHIZZINATORS

BTW there are 5th and 7th place games... I'll going to play it out, of course. I want to see if I would've won if I hadn't sat Law Firm.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
The Frankman said:
I would've won if I hadn't sat Law Firm.

I think you may have mentioned that a few times already.

V4maM.gif

Well, here we go everyone. Winners today make $$$. I was thinking hard about starting Kerry Collins and Joe Webb since I think they'll have better days than who I went with, but ultimately I lacked the marbles.

major_league_2+Marbles.jpg

Good luck :eek:

AlteredBeast said:
still pissed about my playoffs ending week last week :( Looks like my offensive beast team is back one week too late :(

Think about how I feel. I'd be in the finals if that bitch Frankman didn't attempt to throw his last regular season game on purpose. It's bad enough putting up with his OCD bullshit in 80% of the threads I read here on GAF on a regular basis... losing money because of it is pretty infuriating. You guys can have fun enduring his whiny-ass bitching. I sure won't be subjecting myself to his annoying shit next year.

At least I knocked his ass out last week. Felt so good.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
definitely a strange character. It does make the season that much better when you beat the guys who talk the most trash...like how I am 2-0 against him this season :)

I could end up with the second best record at the end of the playoffs and not get a payout. Everybody on my team just had to get lazy at the same time last week :p

Alex Anderson said:
Think about how I feel. I'd be in the finals if that bitch Frankman didn't attempt to throw his last regular season game on purpose. It's bad enough putting up with his OCD bullshit in 80% of the threads I read here on GAF on a regular basis... losing money because of it is pretty infuriating. You guys can have fun enduring his whiny-ass bitching. I sure won't be subjecting myself to his annoying shit next year.

camron-u-mad.gif

I find a little fake trash talk breaks up the monotony. If it offends you, you could've simply PMed me about it and I would cut it out. But that's ok, stay classy though...

"Both teams played hard, good night and God bless!"

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Alex Anderson said:

Take solace in the fact that despite his obsessive idiocy and 50 roster moves, he gets no money and a bucket of fail. At least I'll get to play for 3rd place.

Does third place get any money?

goddamn, you people are serious? Really? Questioning my roster moves now? Jesus fucking Christ this is some TNT: We Know Drama shit going on here.

Pray tell, what is my obsessive idiocy? dropping players one week to the next? You play the roster your way, I'll play it mine. As for the regular season thing, if I knew beforehand BGE would put up 20 points, don't you think I'd use my ESP to somehow NOT LOSE?

EDIT: BTW it's 53. Get it right, because I might hit 60.

TeethMummy said:
Take solace in the fact that despite his obsessive idiocy and 50 roster moves, he gets no money and a bucket of fail. At least I'll get to play for 3rd place.

Does third place get any money?

Yep, we play for $80 next week, heh.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Alex Anderson said:
Yep, we play for $80 next week, heh.
Nice. Losing so badly this week was disappointing, but if I can make a 50 dollar profit off this league, I'll chalk it up as a win. Worst of luck to you next week then!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
gotta hand it to Ember. Definitely had the easiest road in the season, but has won every week he has needed. :)

Should be a great matchup in the finals

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
How unbelievably bad did the Whizzinators play?

Well, if I took out my worst WR/RB performance and replaced it with Vincent Jackson (who was on my bench and good for 30 points) I would still have lost by over 10 points, despite my opponent's RB1 scoring 0 points!

Wow, Hightower, Michael Turner, Dan Carpenter, and the entire Tampa defense decided to conspire to ruin me.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
The Frankman said:
As for the regular season thing, if I knew beforehand BGE would put up 20 points, don't you think I'd use my ESP to somehow NOT LOSE?

The Frankman said:
To effect matchups, I decided to sit Benjarvus Green-Ellis (I wont say who I was trying to face).

You really don't see how that would piss some people off? I'm not like saying you shouldnt be allowed to play or anything, but don't deny that your sketchy move and obsessive roster changes (remember bragging about your 7 RBs?) tend to rub people the wrong way.

Yahoo announces their All-Waiver Wire Team for 2010

QB – Michael Vick
RB1 – Peyton Hillis
RB2 – BenJarvus Green-Ellis
WR1 – Brandon Lloyd
WR2 – Stevie Johnson
TE – Jacob Tamme
FLEX – LeGarrette Blount

TeethMummy said:
You really don't see how that would piss some people off? I'm not like saying you shouldnt be allowed to play or anything, but don't deny that your sketchy move and obsessive roster changes (remember bragging about your 7 RBs?) tend to rub people the wrong way.

a) There's a possibility something crazy could happen and I lose points (fumbles, etc.) After what happened to me last year, I took no chances.
b) I didn't throw the game. I WAS ALREADY LOSING. If I was ahead/was 1-2 points from a win you're absolutely correct. I was 14+ points down. Here's the key: if bge got only 10 points (thus giving me a L) would you be posting this? No. If I was winning and did this would you regardless of the outcome? Absolutely.
c) ? That's bragging? Good Lord... okay, I get it. I'll ignore talking to those people if they're here next year. Jesus... not like a simple PM/1-on-1 discussion could've fixed any sore feelings. BTW, did I flip out on you when you posted a mad.gif? Can't have any jocularity around here...
d) Truth: Cloudy had more changes than I did most of the year. No complaints about him... Unless a player intentionally grabs people to keep them away from others (which is bullshit), there can be no questioning roster moves. At all. NONE. So unless that's what someone is talking about (and I beg the person to point out said move), that issue is ridiculous.

Also, I said at the very beginning of this league I run my team like ESPN's Gridiron Challenge: week-to-week I'll pick the best player I think will give me a win. I said I'd be the most willing to trade people/listen to trades, even trying to trade draft spots before the draft! While some trades I have ended up regretting, that's the fun of the game and I'd probably do it again. In, fact, I'll try trading virtual draft picks next year too! :lol

so now that the issue is cleared, this dramafest was brought to you by:

closer.jpg

and by TNT: We know DRAMA

Cloudy

Banned
Looks like we have to wait till Thursday to declare a winner. 3rd place winner will get their cash tomorrow nite though :D

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
12 points to make up...

just need to vick to throw for another and Harvin to catch one.

This season's 5 spot is...in the bag!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
11-5 record for me. I will take that even though I am disappointed with my let down game week one of the playoffs. Made some great trades and waiver pickups that really helped me down the stretch and earned me the best offense of the second half of the season.

Like I said before, I am ALL for a keeper league next season guys. Congrats Ember!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom