• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football 2K10 Paypal League

Status
Not open for further replies.
TeethMummy said:
Other big trade, a real even deal. Gave up Benjarvus and Fasano (since dropped by Frank) for T-Gonzalez and Tim Hightower. -Gonz hasn't been great, but TH and the Law Firm have about matched up in points.

Feeling great about both deals.
That deal was all for Law Firm. I expected Hightower to get phased out with Beanie's return and BGE to be my Flex RB. However my earlier horrible trade (Moreno/Ivory/James Jones for DeAngelo Williams/Kenny Britt[dropped and picked up again]) meant Law Firm had to become my RB2.

Geez, and to think I made that trade due to thinking Moreno wouldn't hold up and DWill never getting hurt. If kept Moreno and managed to land BGE I'd be challenging for the Top 3 spots. :lol

In fairness, there have been some waiver wire gems but I never see you pickup people during the week Malley (past the Wednesday waiver period). Even if you had a shitty draft there have been a ton of great-to-good waiver finds this year (Hillis for example). For instance, I picked up Jacob Tamme as a FA. Then there are waiver moves than by rule I would never make, but that's me.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Re: Hightower

I don't trust Wells to stay healthy, and I was looking for a solid flex play to get me through the bye weeks and V-Jax's suspension. I love it when a plan comes together!

Good trade for both parties. Worst of luck tomorrow, Frank!

TeethMummy said:
Good trade for both parties. Worst of luck tomorrow, Frank!
Haven't you crunched numbers? I'm right at my projection (37.18 to 37.20) while you're 8 points under (32 to 40.28). If everyone else hits their current Yahoo projections I win. :D

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Vincent Jackson........

rageguy.jpg

Sumidor

They updated the standings.. And unless there are stat changes, there's 6 teams fighting for 2 spots. Point totals look to play a big role in who goes on.

rinker

Me getting in most likely requires both 2legit and ktwice to win.... I don't like my chances lol

At least I can try to play spoiler to my fellow bears fan to punish him for starting aromashodu so much

Wow, quite the final weekend coming up!

TITLE BOWL: Ember Island Players (10-2) vs. Romo WittenhisPants (9-3)
Romo needs to win by 41+, otherwise Ember takes the regular season title.

DESPERATION BOWL: Jay Cutler Bombs (6-6) vs. Good as Gould (6-6)
At #10 and #11, both teams are on the outside staring in. Whomever wins has a decent chance to make the playoffs depending on tiebreakers, while whomever loses is probably out.

PLAYOFF ODDS ROULETTE:
#6 Whizzinators (7-5): Favored by ranking, but actually not favored to win this week!
#7 Da Big Blue Crew v.2 (7-5): Must defeat hanging-by-a-thread Virtual Physics.
#8 PrimeTime (6-6): Needs to KO K Twice (3-9)
#9 Dinner Out (6-6): A favorable matchup against the autopilot team, 2L2B.
#12 Virtual Physics (5-7): Needs a win, points, and several other 6-7 teams to survive.

POINTS, POINTS, POINTS:
If we assume the matchups go as the yahoo predictions say, here is how the final two spots work out:

#7 Whizzinators (7-6, 1107pts)
#8 PrimeTime (7-6, 1088pts)
#9 Dinner Out (7-6, 1046pts)
#10 Gould (7-6, 994pts)
#11 JCut (6-7, 1031pts)
#12 VP (5-8, 943pts)

The difference between being in and out, based solely on Weeks 1-12, is 42 points. That's a pretty easy gap to make up.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I am ignorant to how the playoffs work. Is it still head to head? Only the teams in the playoffs against eachother? Seeded 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc?

AlteredBeast said:
I am ignorant to how the playoffs work. Is it still head to head? Only the teams in the playoffs against eachother? Seeded 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc?

Yep. It's NBA style (no re-seeding), single elimination head-to-heads. Since its 16 teams there are no byes.

Week 14:
P1: Team #1 vs Team #8
P2: Team #4 vs Team #5
P3: Team #2 vs Team #7
P4: Team #3 vs Team #6

Week 15:
P5: 1vs8 winner vs. 4vs5 winner
P6: 2vs7 winner vs. 3vs6 winner
P7: 1vs8 loser vs. 4vs5 loser
P8: 2vs7 loser vs. 3vs6 loser

Week 16:
P9: Championship Game between the two winners thus far
P10: 3rd place game between P5 loser and P6 loser. The guy who loses this is 4th.

There may also be a 5th and 7th place game, but I can't find any info about it yet. It's possible that that 5-8th may be decided by record/points.

Sumidor

Going to be a crazy fantasy week in both my leagues. I'm in the last playoff spot in this league and my other one. NEED TO WIN!!

Cloudy

Banned
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Dinner Out has lost 2 of the last 3 weeks by less than a point and he's right on the playoff bubble. Oh he mad :lol

Darn, Moogle beat me to it...

Remember it last year? (go to post 384 and read on). Needless to say I'll be posting in StatTracker and this thread on Sunday. I'm in almost the same situation where I win and I'm in... I nearly collapsed the same way:

2009: Started 4-1, went 2-6.
2010: Started 4-1, have gone 3-4 w/ 1 game left.

AP can't screw me over this year.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm still salty about how this season played out. I had so much depth in my RB draft then:

- Ryan Grant goes down in week 1
- Marshawn Lynch falls out of favor in Buffalo
- Then he's traded to the same team as Forsett who I also had (killing both their value)
- Then Addai gets hurt in week 6 effectively ending my season

DAMMIT!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Me on the other hand have pretty much liquidated my entire original team at the right team with pretty much everyone. :)

My post-draft pickups:

Vick, Brandon Lloyd, Moreno, Percy Harvin (who had some pretty big point games), Christopher Ivory (picked up more than 20 points today) and upgraded my defense to KC.

Dallas Clark went down with an injury, but Pettigrew has at least been serviceable. Other than that, can't beat my second half output for points.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
My first overall pick was Shonn Greene. I can't believe I'm even in the playoff picture. A few good trades and a lot of luck, I guess.

rinker

Sheesh, Orton and Bowe combine for 57 points less than last week!

See you dudes next year, maybe we should consider a keeper league if we're gunna keep doin this every year.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
rinker said:

See you dudes next year, maybe we should consider a keeper league if we're gunna keep doin this every year.

I'm down with a keeper league...

Sumidor

Ugh. My teams shit the bed in both my leagues.. All I had to do was win or at least put up a good point total.. Didn't do either. Fucking sucks.

rinker

Sumidor said:
Ugh. My teams shit the bed in both my leagues.. All I had to do was win or at least put up a good point total.. Didn't do either. Fucking sucks.

Yeah you got f'd by your high points against in the beginning of the season. Youll finish with more points than dinner out, too =/

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Up 28 points. I have Santonio Holmes going tonight.

My opponent has Welker (banished to Revis Island), Woodhead, and Braylon going.

This could be a nail biter. I think I make the playoffs even if I lose though.

Cloudy

Banned
rinker said:

The draft is half the fun IMO but we can vote on it :p

ps: If you guys let Dinner Out somehow win as the 8th seed, I'll never hear the end of it :lol

Short of some unexpected points corrections, here is the playoff picture:

1. Ember Island Players (11-2) -VS- 8. Dinner Out (7-6)
2. Alex Anderson (9-4) -VS- 7. Da Big Blue Crew v.2 (7-6)
3. GaleSayers Explosion (9-4) -VS- 7. Bail Kings (NeoGAF) (8-5)
4. Romo Wittenhispants (9-5) -VS- 5. Whizzinators (8-5)

Here are the final standings:

standings2010.jpg

But they are not w/o some intrigue. To effect matchups, I decided to sit Benjarvus Green-Ellis (I wont say who I was trying to face). Ironically enough he scored 19.9 points that would've won me my matchup.

If I played Law Firm I would've won my matchup.... meaning this would've been the standings.

#1 Ember Island Players - 11-2 vs. #8Dinner Out - 7-6
#2 Alex Anderson - 9-4 vs. #7 Bail Kings (NeoGAF) - 8-5
#3 GaleSayers Explosion - 9-4 vs. #6 Da Big Blue Crew v.2 - 8-5
#4 Romo Wittenhispants - 9-4 vs. #5 Whizzinators - 8-5

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Wow, JayCutlerBombs missed by 6 points. That's a heartbreaker. Sorry, dude.

Now that the playoff teams are decided, what was the final money breakdown again? 1,2, and 3 all get some kind of prize, right?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
The Frankman said:
I see nothing but the fact you will be very wrong. There may be one or two, but not four.

To be honest, if all plays out, yours will probably be the only one that won be a blowout...

Sumidor

I can't believe I lost to Mal.. He won two games all year, and my team couldn't even crack 70 points. :( Still, it was fun doing such a big league, and I think I did a pretty good job for having to autodraft.

I'm definitely in next year, though I expect the buy-in to again rise. I wonder if there will be any other changes... more people (lol)? Division Format? PPR?

Also I'm trying to find what the Win Share % / how many is awarded.

TeethMummy said:
No more people! 16 is already an insane amount, there aren't enough running backs to go around!
Speaking of:

Lee Majors said:
Resolved: No league, no matter its size, should have an 8-team playoff. Cheapens the regular season. The post-season max should be 6 teams, top two receiving byes. Nothing bigger. Ever.
Discuss.

DCX

DCX
Crazymoogle said:
Wow, quite the final weekend coming up!

TITLE BOWL: Ember Island Players (10-2) vs. Romo WittenhisPants (9-3)
Romo needs to win by 41+, otherwise Ember takes the regular season title.

DESPERATION BOWL: Jay Cutler Bombs (6-6) vs. Good as Gould (6-6)
At #10 and #11, both teams are on the outside staring in. Whomever wins has a decent chance to make the playoffs depending on tiebreakers, while whomever loses is probably out.

PLAYOFF ODDS ROULETTE:
#6 Whizzinators (7-5): Favored by ranking, but actually not favored to win this week!
#7 Da Big Blue Crew v.2 (7-5): Must defeat hanging-by-a-thread Virtual Physics.
#8 PrimeTime (6-6): Needs to KO K Twice (3-9)
#9 Dinner Out (6-6): A favorable matchup against the autopilot team, 2L2B.
#12 Virtual Physics (5-7): Needs a win, points, and several other 6-7 teams to survive.

POINTS, POINTS, POINTS:
If we assume the matchups go as the yahoo predictions say, here is how the final two spots work out:

#7 Whizzinators (7-6, 1107pts)
#8 PrimeTime (7-6, 1088pts)
#9 Dinner Out (7-6, 1046pts)
#10 Gould (7-6, 994pts)
#11 JCut (6-7, 1031pts)
#12 VP (5-8, 943pts)

The difference between being in and out, based solely on Weeks 1-12, is 42 points. That's a pretty easy gap to make up.
Nice. Missing out on the draft fucked me with old man Farve. I did my best, what more do you want from me? Autopilot...fuuuu

DCX

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
meh, I had the recently cut Matt Leinart and McNabb as my QBs to start off with. Just had to have the right amount of luck and the right timing to pick up another QB. Or, do what Ember did and always pick up backups who would be starting a game as a good insurance policy. I immediately picked up Delhomme, but thankfully he got hurt.

I picked up Vick and that was lucky, but I would have been dead in the water this season had I held onto the two that I picked up.

GCQuinton

Managed to pull out the win even with Todd Heap going out in the 1st with no points. I hope Witten keeps up his numbers because he sure wasn't doing it when I pulled him in the first place.

We had a great regular season for sure, let's hope it stays that way in the playoffs!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Damn, Fantasy Football playoffs makes these last few weeks of football actually super fun to watch. I need tomorrow to get here now so we can get this week going!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
my players are all underperforming right now :(

Could be a quick exit for Gale Sayers!

Just hope Vick does what Vick has done best. Need him, Lloyd, and Moreno to play lights out to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom