• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football 2K10 Paypal League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the championship I so richly deserved last year finally came!

...seriously though, I'm kinda stunned my guys pulled through. Best turned from gold into trash, Greene almost never played, Jacobs has no business being RB2, and Romo crashed and burned pretty hard.

Thanks to everyone who played this year. 16 teams made for a lot of brutal position choices and a lot of shrewd deals!

Yes! Another 7th place finish for me! Nowhere to go but up now! :D

It really was a long, strange ride for me. I made the "Flash error" and picked Jamaal Charles over Ryan Grant, and Grant goes OFY in Game 1 while Charles arguably is my MVP. I wanted Steve Smif (NYG), but settled for Hakeem Nicks (who developed into a WR1).

Later on If I sat on my roster a bit I could've had a great 3-headed RB tandem (Charles/Moreno/BGE) but I panicked on Moreno's health and got a guy who 2 games later went OFY. I made a risky play to obtain Randy Moss, who did jack and shit (later cut). I grabbed Jacob Tamme and later on Kenny Britt off waivers and goddamn did those picks help me down the stretch. I finally made the playoffs after last year's debacle and lost in the Quarters, but it was so much fun to play this year. 16 teams added to the importance of waivers, and it was a blast.

Lotta thing to discuss for next year:

1) 14 or 16 teams?
2) Also many people dislike 8-team playoffs (looking at you, Yahoo! sports FF writers), what's up with that?
3) Will the buy-in be $40 next year?
4) Remember, NFL may goto 18 games in the new CBA. How crazy will that be?
5) New changes for league... I'm not a fan of PPR at all, but a keeper league? ehhh... I'd be more down for certain bonuses/penalties in the vein of the "-2 for missed FG under 20", y'know like record-setting stuff (+7 for a RB rushing for 200 yards?) or something like that.

The Frankman said:

Don't forget the part about you compromising the competitive integrity of the league with your bitch roster move, having the nerve to explicitly state that's exactly what you were doing here in the league thread, then having it come back to bite you in the ass. If it hadn't had the side effect of costing me a spot in the title game, I'd have gotten a lot of joy out of it. Instead... just some joy.

Thanks for souring what had been an enjoyable league for me. Have fun next year continuing to incessantly tell people how to run their league (actually it looks like you've already gotten a head start on that, what a shock) and writing your stupid-ass league reports til whatever week it is you lose a game and they mysteriously vanish.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Congrats to moogle.

A box of anthrax is en route to Michael Turner and Ced Benson for shutting the bed throughout the playoffs.

Fffffuuuuuuu- I was really thinking I had a shot to win it. Fucking fantasy football. Gets me every year.

Also, in before obnoxious "tnt we know drama" post from frank.

.....and a hearty lol at the league writeup remark.

Wow, Alex is harsh! I hope you can play next year though. :D (Think: Revenge factor!)

18 week has an interesting side effect: we could try 2 week playoffs as ESPN does it. (Well, assuming Yahoo bothers to support such a thing)

I don't mind if it's not a keeper. I just happen to enjoy the limited keeper system I use in my main league. On the other hand, unless you have a relatively consistent core of players it can be tough to keep going with any sort of continuity. 12-14 teams makes for a more sane fantasy experience, in any case.

Sumidor

I love doing keeper leagues, but it's hard to do with strangers on the internet. Cause if you're in a keeper league, you need to be in it for the long haul. Also, to me, half the fun is the draft. And I am for sure not auto-drafting again, like I did this year.

Cloudy

Banned
Wow, I totally forgot to do payout last night cos of the Lakers debacle. I'll do them before I head out today :D

250-150-80 sent. Bask in your glory, winners!

Cloudy

Banned
Also, to me, half the fun is the draft

Agreed

1) 14 or 16 teams?
2) Also many people dislike 8-team playoffs (looking at you, Yahoo! sports FF writers), what's up with that?
3) Will the buy-in be $40 next year?
4) Remember, NFL may goto 18 games in the new CBA. How crazy will that be?
5) New changes for league... I'm not a fan of PPR at all, but a keeper league? ehhh... I'd be more down for certain bonuses/penalties in the vein of the "-2 for missed FG under 20", y'know like record-setting stuff (+7 for a RB rushing for 200 yards?) or something like that.

- I was thinking 18/20 with 10/12 playoff teams. More folks want in :lol
- Some of us wanted a $100 buy-in this year so of course we'd go for $40 or $50. That way, maybe the top 5 (or more) can get something
- Awesomesauce
- No keeper IMO. We're not even guaranteed of everyone coming back.

Final Standings:

League Champion - Bail Kings (NeoGAF)
2nd - Ember Island Players
3rd - Alex Anderson
4th - Whizzinators
5th - GaleSayers Explosion
6th - Romo Wittenhispants
7th - Da Big Blue Crew v.2
8th - Dinner Out
9th - Jay Cutler Bombs
10th - PrimeTime
11th - Good As Gould
12th - Virtual Physics
13th - Carried by Peyton
14th - Hookers And Blow
15th - K Twice
16th - 2Legit2Bitch!

also Alex Anderson please come back next year
Also, in before obnoxious "tnt we know drama" post from frank.

.....and a hearty lol at the league writeup remark.
At least I didn't lie in my post like Alex, and I didn't have the feedback from the writeups I had from last year, so I stopped writing them. I WAS banned at the time, but why should no common sense stop Alex? Obnoxious? Pray tell in what way?

*grabs popcorn*

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Put your popcorn down. Boldly declaring that you were trying to tank a game to manipulate matchups was a bitch move, so stop egging him on. Lay it to rest, I hope Alex joins us next year regardless of your antics.

And I seriously hope that 18/20 post was a joke. There is not enough talent to go around! Stick with 16 or reduce it to 14. I see no other changes that need be made. Scoring was proper, communication went well, we have a good commissioner, and the format was ideal. It was a fun league to be in, nothing needs to be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom