• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football Paypal League(s) - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeoGAF Economy League
Puddles of Win - Puddles

The Sexy Rexs -

Long Island Broskis - Ubertag

The Book Of Eli - The Frankman

NJ Muscle -

Romo Wittenhispants#2 - acksman

Stompers - ErasureAcer

Good As Gould - rinker

The Machine -

TD's N' Beer - minx88

Knights of Mars - TheApatheticOne

Locker2SB -

Im Knights, Ill be sending the $ very soon.

Puddles

Banned
As of today, everyone in the Economy League has paid. Thanks for taking care of that so quickly, guys.

Question: do we want to do anything different with the positions? We have QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR TE, DST. I took kickers out because IMO they're pretty random, but if enough people want them, we can use them.

One thing I was considering was making the flex position RB/WR/TE and possibly making the RB2 slot into a RB/WR flex spot. It might be cool to allow some unconventional lineups.

I nerfed return yards compared to last year, but I could do away with them completely if there's a consensus on that.

Machine

NeoGAF Economy League
Puddles of Win - Puddles

The Sexy Rexs -

Long Island Broskis - Ubertag

The Book Of Eli - The Frankman

NJ Muscle -

Romo Wittenhispants#2 - acksman

Stompers - ErasureAcer

Good As Gould - rinker

The Machine - Machine

TD's N' Beer - minx88

Knights of Mars - TheApatheticOne

Locker2SB -

Not very creative but pretty obvious...

As of today, everyone in the Economy League has paid. Thanks for taking care of that so quickly, guys.

Question: do we want to do anything different with the positions? We have QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR TE, DST. I took kickers out because IMO they're pretty random, but if enough people want them, we can use them.
Kickers please. We need a bit of a random factor.
One thing I was considering was making the flex position RB/WR/TE and possibly making the RB2 slot into a RB/WR flex spot. It might be cool to allow some unconventional lineups.
People when given the chance to use RBs in a flex will spam RBs. All you'd be doing in allowing 4 RBs in a lineup.

What you might want to do is go QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/W-R-T Flex/K/DST w/ one less bench spot like the other league. With only 12 players even if people draft a ton of RBs there should be plenty of others left, plus keeps the option of the 2 TE lineup for those who don't like their 3rd RB.
I nerfed return yards compared to last year, but I could do away with them completely if there's a consensus on that.
Cloudy is using .04 per yard. You're at .033 repeating, don't worry it's pretty nerfed.

For people who missed his scoring post:
Puddles said:
Passing:
Passing Yards - 25 yards per point; Bonus: 1 points at 250 yards; 2 points at 300 yards; 4 points at 400 yards
Passing Touchdowns - 4
Interceptions - -1
Rushing Yards - 10 yards per point; Bonus: 1 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 4 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns - 6
Reception Yards - 10 yards per point; Bonus: 1 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 4 points at 200 yards
Reception Touchdowns - 6
Return Yards - 30 yards per point
Return Touchdowns - 6
2-Point Conversions - 2
Fumbles Lost - 2
Offensive Fumble Return TD - 6
Pick Sixes Thrown - -.25

Defense/Special Teams
Sack - 1
Interception - 2
Fumble Recovery - 2
Touchdown - 6
Safety - 2
Block Kick - 2
Kickoff/Punt Return Touchdowns - 6
Points Allowed - 0 points is 10
Points Allowed - 1-6 points is 7
Points Allowed - 7-13 points is 4
Points Allowed - 14-20 points is 1
Points Allowed - 21-27 points is 0
Points Allowed - 28-34 points is -2
Points Allowed - 35+ points is -5
Three and Outs Forced - .2

Also, you can trade draft picks.

I think kickers should be added but I was growing accustomed to them not being there as by reducing the draft to 14 slots...I then don't need a backup kicker for the bye week thus saving a spot.

2 QBs I don't recommend. Once again, you'll need 3 QBs for the bye week. 3X12 is 36 more than there are teams in the NFL! Unless you're expanding the amount of picks we have like 16/17...I'd advise against more QB's.

Making the flex position W/R to W/R/T seems to be a good idea. Gives you a bit more options, especially come bye weeks.

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
R/W/T
K
DEF
Bench-QB
Bench-RB
Bench-WR
Bench-TE
Bench-Kicker(or whatever else if you wanna pick one up at waiver list come time)
Bench-DEF(or whatever else if you wanna pick one up at waiver list come time)

That's 15 rounds...the standard I guess with a kicker in the field. The way you have it now, 14 without a kicker reduces that pick from the draft but then also allows that kicker spot on the bench(if you were choosing a backup kicker) to be used for something else.

Cloudy

Banned
Rate my draft in the $100 Yahoo Pro League. My internet went down right before the draft and I had to talk my cousin through it over the phone. The Novak pick was an accident that early and I'm replacing him with Kaeding lol

Red Robin Rises
Round Pick Player Position
1. (6) Darren McFadden RB
2. (15) Maurice Jones-Drew RB
3. (26) Steven Jackson RB
4. (35) Philip Rivers QB
5. (46) Aaron Hernandez TE
6. (55) Antonio Brown WR
7. (66) Demaryius Thomas WR
8. (75) Nick Novak K
9. (86) DeAngelo Williams RB
10. (95) Malcom Floyd WR
11. (106) Green Bay DEF
12. (115) Ronnie Brown RB
13. (126) Ryan Fitzpatrick QB
14. (135) New York DEF
15. (146) Tony Moeaki TE

Rate my draft in the $100 Yahoo Pro League. My internet went down right before the draft and I had to talk my cousin through it over the phone. The Novak pick was an accident that early and I'm replacing him with Kaeding lol
I assume this is a 12-teamer...
1. (6) Darren McFadden RB - First round talent, but you worry about his injury bug.
2. (15) Maurice Jones-Drew RB - You're hoping to have a killer combo if he ends his holdout
3. (26) Steven Jackson RB - Solid #2 that'll be a Flex when Mojo comes back.
4. (35) Philip Rivers QB - I think you could've got him in the 5th, but solid pick.
5. (46) Aaron Hernandez TE - Eh, not a big fan and their are other TEs I thing I would've taken here.
6. (55) Antonio Brown WR - Nice.
7. (66) Demaryius Thomas WR - I might've gone Decker over Thomas, but not a bad pick here.
8. (75) Nick Novak K - Kicker in the 7th?
9. (86) DeAngelo Williams RB - You pick the guy who's the odd man out in a RBBC and will get no goalline carries?
10. (95) Malcom Floyd WR - Should be the guy to take over the VJax role.
11. (106) Green Bay DEF - o_O
12. (115) Ronnie Brown RB - o_O
13. (126) Ryan Fitzpatrick QB - Good for a limited time.
14. (135) New York DEF - Which one? At this point it doesn't matter.
15. (146) Tony Moeaki TE - Good sleeper

Cloudy

Banned
It's 10 teams with 3WR and no flex. I don't get why a Yahoo default league has no flex though. I didn't notice that and had him draft too many RBs lol

PS: I believe Ronnie Brown will start the first few weeks for the Chargers. Am I wrong?

Cloudy

Banned
10 teams? Ugh, l like your team even less now.

I was 6th pick drafting without my research over the phone. It could have been worse lol

If MJD doesn't hold out, I like my depth and trade assets

PS: Ingram is in the FA pool. What's the deal with him..besides RBBC and Brees slangin' lol?

Here's mine I drafted in my league. I think I reached a good amount of times, and I don't like my team at first glance. I won this league the past two years, but I couldn't figure out what to do with the 10th pick and I forgot it was today so I got caught off guard and had 10 seconds to make my first pick but here it is. I'm pretty sure I should have gotten Forte with one of my first two picks. 10 teams, 10th pick, PPR, Yahoo

Cam Newton
Larry Fitzgerald
Adrian Peterson
Hakeem Nicks
Reggie Bush
Eric Decker
Donald Brown
Pierre Garcon
Kevin Smith
Denarius Moore
Matt Schaub
Brent Celek
Malcom Floyd
Houston DEF
Matt Prater

Here's mine I drafted in my league. I think I reached a good amount of times, and I don't like my team at first glance. I won this league the past two years, but I couldn't figure out what to do with the 10th pick and I forgot it was today so I got caught off guard and had 10 seconds to make my first pick but here it is. I'm pretty sure I should have gotten Forte with one of my first two picks. 10 teams, 10th pick, PPR, Yahoo

Cam Newton
Larry Fitzgerald
Adrian Peterson
Hakeem Nicks
Reggie Bush
Eric Decker
Donald Brown
Pierre Garcon
Kevin Smith
Denarius Moore
Matt Schaub
Brent Celek
Malcom Floyd
Houston DEF
Matt Prater
I'm not terribly familiar with 10-teamers (14+ is my specialty) but if you're taking a QB first round, you better have a good deep RB core. From my viewpoint your RB core is decent enough in PPR (I would've taken a different RB over Peterson) but is your QB worth it? I don't see Newton being a Top 5 QB this year...

I'm not terribly familiar with 10-teamers (14+ is my specialty) but if you're taking a QB first round, you better have a good deep RB core. From my viewpoint your RB core is decent enough in PPR (I would've taken a different RB over Peterson) but is your QB worth it? I don't see Newton being a Top 5 QB this year...

Not terribly sure what to think about Cam myself, I wanted a real solid QB, but I'm not sold on Stafford because of his injury issues. Sophomore slump could ruin me though. I'm starting to think I should have waited until Philip Rivers who I think will have a nice rebound this year instead and would present a strong value considering he used to be a top 5 QB but didn't get drafted till round 7 or something.

At #30 when I picked Peterson, I think the best options were Steven Jackson, Adrian Peterson, Darren Sproles, and Fred Jackson. I didn't think much about Sproles at the time, but in a PPR league, he's probably easily draftable at #30.

UberTag

Yahoo! finally got around to updating their default positional rankings.

This makes me sad... there were a lot of obvious steal opportunities due to discrepancies between Yahoo! and the updated consensus rankings and most of those are now gone.

I'm in the same Yahoo Public League as Cloudy. What do you guys think?

1. (1) Arian Foster RB
2. (20) Julio Jones WR
3. (21) DeMarco Murray RB
4. (40) Eli Manning QB
5. (41) Steve Smith WR
6. (60) Darren Sproles RB
7. (61) Stevie Johnson WR
8. (80) Robert Meachem WR
9. (81) Peyton Manning QB
10. (100) Tony Gonzalez TE
11. (101) Greg Olsen TE
12. (120) Lance Moore WR
13. (121) Jacquizz Rodgers RB
14. (140) Rob Bironas K
15. (141) Seattle DEF

Here's my league draft. I had 2nd pick.

1. Ray Rice - RB
2. Michael Vick - QB
3. Greg Jennings - WR
4. Adrian Petersen - RB
5. Vernon Davis - TE
6. DeMaryus Thomas - WR
7. Beanie Wells - RB
8. Torrey Smith - WR
9. Denarius Moore- WR
10. Daniel Thomas - RB
11. Mark Ingram - RB
12. Carson Palmer - QB (dropped for that Wilson guy on Seattle)
13. Giants Defense
14. Matt Prater - K
15. Anthony Fasano - TE

Past number 6, I tried recalling from memory so it may be out of order. It was also offline so no results to go by.

1. (1) Arian Foster RB
2. (20) Julio Jones WR
4. (40) Eli Manning QB
5. (41) Steve Smith WR
11. (101) Greg Olsen TE
12. (120) Lance Moore WR
14. (140) Rob Bironas K
15. (141) Seattle DEF
Solid, explosive WR core (though you might've had better WR options late, not a Stevie Johnson fan at all). With it being a 2 RB league, you've got potential for a monstrous starting tandem as long as Murray pans out, though you could do MUCH worse than him at the #2 RB. Your Flex is set (Sproles or Meachem/Johnson), and I really like Olsen as a late-round TE. As long as nothing disastrous happens, you're set to finish Top 4.
Here's my league draft. I had 2nd pick.

1. Ray Rice - RB
2. Michael Vick - QB
3. Greg Jennings - WR
4. Adrian Petersen - RB
5. Vernon Davis - TE
6. DeMaryus Thomas - WR
7. Beanie Wells - RB
8. Torrey Smith - WR
9. Denarius Moore- WR
10. Daniel Thomas - RB
11. Mark Ingram - RB
12. Carson Palmer - QB (dropped for that Wilson guy on Seattle)
13. Giants Defense
14. Matt Prater - K
15. Anthony Fasano - TE
I really, REALLY hate Vick in the 2nd. Really. And I should know, I drafted him in the 1st round last season (7th overall). You had much better options 4-6 rounds later in the draft at QB. At least you seemed to pickup a capable backup QB.

At WR, Greg is a safe pick in the 3rd, though he has his own issues. You have a young explosive guy in Smith... but the others seem kinda feast or famine. Should be interesting who winds up as your #3 WR.

By drafting Peterson you've understanding he's not going to help you until after the halfway point in the fantasy season/playoffs, so you'd need a deep RB core. Beanie Wells? Daniel "Persona Non Grata" Thomas? Mark Ingram? That's not really a reliable RB core at all, and you're not getting classic ADP after a serious ACL-MCL surgery. You're going to have to hope Beanie miraculously stays healty.

In a 10-teamer I would hope there are better options than Fasano at TE. Hate his offense he's tethered to, but at least there's no overwhelming #1 receiver there so I guess he should get some looks.

I really, REALLY hate Vick in the 2nd. Really. And I should know, I drafted him in the 1st round last season (7th overall). You had much better options 4-6 rounds later in the draft at QB. At least you seemed to pickup a capable backup QB.

At WR, Greg is a safe pick in the 3rd, though he has his own issues. You have a young explosive guy in Smith... but the others seem kinda feast or famine. Should be interesting who winds up as your #3 WR.

By drafting Peterson you've understanding he's not going to help you until after the halfway point in the fantasy season/playoffs, so you'd need a deep RB core. Beanie Wells? Daniel "Persona Non Grata" Thomas? Mark Ingram? That's not really a reliable RB core at all, and you're not getting classic ADP after a serious ACL-MCL surgery. You're going to have to hope Beanie miraculously stays healty.

In a 10-teamer I would hope there are better options than Fasano at TE. Hate his offense he's tethered to, but at least there's no overwhelming #1 receiver there so I guess he should get some looks.

I was gunning for Stafford and Newton and they were all taken before it got to me at the second round, since Brees, Brady and Rodgers were gone in the first round too. It seemed like at that point Vick was the best option avail. at QB.

I was really hoping for Eric Decker tbh over Thomas but he was picked up right before my pick so I figured id go for Thomas. As for AP my plan was to handcuff him with Gerhart in the last rounds but he was surprisingly taken earlier than that. I can only hope Beanie Wells does stay healthy and consistent since I know he is capable of putting up decent numbers.

As for Fasano, if Tannehill is the QB its a no brainer that a rookie's fav target is the TE. But I doubt ill even be starting Fasano except for a bye and hope that Vernon Davis doesn't get hurt.

hermit7

Well since everybody is throwing out their drafts here is mine as well, picking from the 5 position needing a backup defense.

1- Aaron Rodgers
2- jimmy Graham
3- Fred Jackson
4- Doug Martin
5- Jeremy Maclin
6- Dwayne Bose
7- Reggie Bush
8- Torrey Smith
9- Michael Bush
10- Sidney Rice
11- Mike Williams (TB)
12- Jake Locker
13- Jason Hanson
14- Vikings Dst
15- Colts DST

Lots of higher upside picks but overall I think it is pretty good.

Very good chance I'm taking Vick 2nd in my keeper league this year. With Brady, Brees, Cam and Stafford all being kept and Arod going #1 it's basically either Vick or Rivers

I was gunning for Stafford and Newton and they were all taken before it got to me at the second round, since Brees, Brady and Rodgers were gone in the first round too. It seemed like at that point Vick was the best option avail. at QB.

I was really hoping for Eric Decker tbh over Thomas but he was picked up right before my pick so I figured id go for Thomas. As for AP my plan was to handcuff him with Gerhart in the last rounds but he was surprisingly taken earlier than that. I can only hope Beanie Wells does stay healthy and consistent since I know he is capable of putting up decent numbers.

As for Fasano, if Tannehill is the QB its a no brainer that a rookie's fav target is the TE. But I doubt ill even be starting Fasano except for a bye and hope that Vernon Davis doesn't get hurt.
I'd go Rivers/Eli/Ryan before I go Vick. Maybe even Cutler. And Vick is nicked up right now also. Also I didn't know you had Davis, so I guess TE isn't an issue then.
Well since everybody is throwing out their drafts here is mine as well, picking from the 5 position needing a backup defense.

1- Aaron Rodgers
2- jimmy Graham
3- Fred Jackson
4- Doug Martin
5- Jeremy Maclin
6- Dwayne Bose
7- Reggie Bush
8- Torrey Smith
9- Michael Bush
10- Sidney Rice
11- Mike Williams (TB)
12- Jake Locker
13- Jason Hanson
14- Vikings Dst
15- Colts DST

Lots of higher upside picks but overall I think it is pretty good.
You're lacking a bit a RB, but your WR's seem solid. I think you could've added depth at both RB/WR by not drafting 2 Defenses/2 QBs.

acksman

Sure why not, here was my 10 man Public league picks. I was not wanting Stafford that early, but holy hell all the QB's were going in the 1st round. It was nuts.

1. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
2. Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
3. Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)
4. Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
5. Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
6. Pierre Garcon (Was - WR)
7. Peyton Hillis (KC - RB)
8. San Francisco (SF - DEF)
9. Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
10. Justin Blackmon (Jac - WR)
11. C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
12. Mason Crosby (GB - K)
13. Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
14. Jake Locker (Ten - QB)
15. Santana Moss (Was - WR)

Sure why not, here was my 10 man Public league picks. I was not wanting Stafford that early, but holy hell all the QB's were going in the 1st round. It was nuts.

1. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
9. Greg Olsen (Car - TE)

Just curious, wete there no clear number one WRs available? Surprised that your best receiver there is probably Maclin. Also any reason why you went early on D/ST?

minx

Alright let me know what you guys think of this money league I'm in. 12 team ESPN league. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 "Offensive Position" which view as a QB spot. I traded my #9, #129, and #153 for #21, #45, and #76. A lot of people didn't view a necessity to have a QB in the offensive position spot. However I feel they will after a few games hence why I choose 4 QBs for trade bait. Biggest mistake I think was Spiller so early but I wanted to backup Fred Jackson.

16- Peyton Manning
21- Matt Ryan
33- Fred Jackson
40- Jordy Nelson
45- Brandon Marshall
57- Percy Harvin
64- Doug Martin
76- Peyton Hillis
81- CJ Spiller
88- Aaron Hernandez
105- David Wilson
112- Ryan Fitzpatrick
136- Jake Locker
160- Steelers D/ST
177- Brandon LaFell
184- Matt Bryant

acksman

Just curious, wete there no clear number one WRs available? Surprised that your best receiver there is probably Maclin. Also any reason why you went early on D/ST?

I was number 9th pick out of 10. Part of that was me not mocking to much in that position. The DST was due to all TE being picked over already so I went with San Fran instead.

12 Receivers were gone by end of Round 3. It was a odd draft. Tons of RB's available.

Cloudy

Banned

1. (1) Arian Foster RB
2. (20) Julio Jones WR
4. (40) Eli Manning QB
5. (41) Steve Smith WR
11. (101) Greg Olsen TE
12. (120) Lance Moore WR
14. (140) Rob Bironas K
15. (141) Seattle DEF

Nice draft. Trade me a WR :p

1. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
9. Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
10 man league, QB's going early and you pick Forte? I really dislike that pick... I think you picked D/ST and even Olsen 2-3 rounds earlier than you could've. You're probably end up starting Garcon/Maclin and Flexing Thomas/Moss, but yeah you could've used a better #1 RB.
Alright let me know what you guys think of this money league I'm in. 12 team ESPN league. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 "Offensive Position" which view as a QB spot. I traded my #9, #129, and #153 for #21, #45, and #76. A lot of people didn't view a necessity to have a QB in the offensive position spot. However I feel they will after a few games hence why I choose 4 QBs for trade bait. Biggest mistake I think was Spiller so early but I wanted to backup Fred Jackson.

16- Peyton Manning
21- Matt Ryan
33- Fred Jackson
40- Jordy Nelson
45- Brandon Marshall
57- Percy Harvin
64- Doug Martin
76- Peyton Hillis
81- CJ Spiller
88- Aaron Hernandez
105- David Wilson
112- Ryan Fitzpatrick
136- Jake Locker
160- Steelers D/ST
177- Brandon LaFell
184- Matt Bryant
I wanted to stop after I saw Peyton Manning in the 1st round.
Then I saw Matty Ice in the 2nd.

I'm stopping now.

UberTag

I was just given a gift in my 8-team co-workers league (where we're running a protracted E-Mail draft).
Picking from the 7th slot and everyone went on a crazy QB run early in the 1st round that included both Eli and Peyton Manning.
Stafford, Newton, Ryan and Romo are still available and I was given the luxury of selecting between Rice and McCoy for my first pick. (I went Ray Rice but I gave this quite a bit of thought... was very close.)

Needless to say I'm going to happily sit on QB for a while and grab an elite WR/TE with my 2nd pick. (This is a one QB league... not two. No reason for this early run.)

ROUND ONE

1.1 - Tom Brady (QB)
1.2 - Eli Manning (QB)
1.3 - Aaron Rodgers (QB)
1.4 - Drew Brees (QB)
1.5 - Arian Foster (RB)
1.6 - Peyton Manning (QB)
1.7 - RAY RICE (RB) - my selection

Fun thing about this league is that it's my first IDP league so we'll be drafting defensive players as well.

Cloudy

Banned
Peyton's Creaky Neck $65.00 $65.00 $0.00

Good As Gould $65.00 $65.00 $0.00

Ember Island Players $65.00 $0.00 $65.00

I'm Doin It Like Eli $65.00 $0.00 $65.00

Puddles of Win $65.00 $65.00 $0.00

Romo Wittenhispants $65.00 $65.00 $0.00

Hookers And Blow $65.00 $65.00 $0.00

Bail Kings (NeoGAF) $65.00 $65.00 $0.00

Long Island Broskis $65.00 $0.00 $65.00

TD's N' Beer $65.00 $0.00 $65.00

Omaha Nighthawks $65.00 $0.00 $65.00

FPL-Defending Champs $65.00 $65.00 $0.00

Dinner Out $65.00 $0.00 $65.00

Sinistar $65.00 $0.00 $65.00

New Orleans Phoenix $65.00 $0.00 $65.00

Josh's Taco Cabana $65.00 $0.00 $65.00

Bolded - Paid
Italicized - Notified me of upcoming Payment / Previous Player / GAF Regular
Underlined - No Contact / Candidate for Replacement

I think that's about right

I was just given a gift in my 8-team co-workers league (where we're running a protracted E-Mail draft).
Picking from the 7th slot and everyone went on a crazy QB run early in the 1st round that included both Eli and Peyton Manning.
Stafford, Newton, Ryan and Romo are still available and I was given the luxury of selecting between Rice and McCoy for my first pick. (I went Ray Rice but I gave this quite a bit of thought... was very close.)

Needless to say I'm going to happily sit on QB for a while and grab an elite WR/TE with my 2nd pick. (This is a one QB league... not two. No reason for this early run.)

ROUND ONE

1.1 - Tom Brady (QB)
1.2 - Eli Manning (QB)
1.3 - Aaron Rodgers (QB)
1.4 - Drew Brees (QB)
1.5 - Arian Foster (RB)
1.6 - Peyton Manning (QB)
1.7 - RAY RICE (RB) - my selection

Fun thing about this league is that it's my first IDP league so we'll be drafting defensive players as well.
Ray Rice available at the 7th pick...

goddammit.gif

You must not have read my post. Pretty much 2 QB league. Alex Smith was taken in the 5th for fucks sake.
That owner probably has a fetish for people with tiny hands.

I researched 2 QBs league and mocked for that, there HAD to be better (or healthier) options than Manning in the 1st. Maybe his younger brother who plays in a better offense w/ better weapons? Phillip Rivers? Luck/RGIII? Russell Wilson?

I mean if Ryan was available in the 2nd I'm thinking 1-2 of those guys I named had to be there in the 3rd-4th of a 12-teamer.

EDIT: I'm not saying picking Ryan is bad. It's picking PeyPey as the 1st QB, then picking Ryan. Was there some huge QB run where 10-14 QBs where picked before you at 16?

minx

That owner probably has a fetish for people with tiny hands.

I researched 2 QBs league and mocked for that, there HAD to be better (or healthier) options than Manning in the 1st. Maybe his younger brother who plays in a better offense w/ better weapons? Phillip Rivers? Russell Wilson later on?

Eli went one pick before Peyton. Rivers went 3 after I choose Peyton. Don't like Rivers this year. Lack of weapons and a very poor offensive line. I just think Peyton has higher upside. And realize that Peyton was my 2nd round pick. I technically had no 1st round pick.

David Wilson had not been named starter at time of draft.

Eli went one pick before Peyton. Rivers went 3 after I choose Peyton. Don't like Rivers this year. Lack of weapons and a very poor offensive line. I just think Peyton has higher upside. And realize that Peyton was my 2nd round pick. I technically had no 1st round pick.
Okay gotcha. If you don't like a guy you don't like a guy, my bad. Also now I see you didn't have a 1st rounder.

Gimme like 30 minutes to re-evaluate your team, I want to doublecheck the info on a player...

Puddles

Banned
I mis-remembered a draft time for another league I'm in and got an autodrafted team. Yahoo fucked me pretty hard. I didn't rank my players ahead of time because I didn't consider that I might miss the draft.

From the #2 spot:

Arian Foster (obvious pick, Rodgers went first)
Rob Gronkowski (WTF? I never take TEs this early)
DeMarco Murray (MJD went next. Okay I guess if Murray pans out)
Percy Harvin (wtf?)
Jeremy Maclin (good #2 WR if I had a #1)
Tony Romo (good value if he stays healthy)
Vincent Jackson (good value)

But then it went to shit.

Philadelphia DEF (fuck autodraft)
Sebastian Janikowski (FUCK autodraft)

I guess the program fills out your starting roster before taking bench players. I think my core could be pretty good, aside from the lack of a true WR1, but those two picks were devastating to my bench. Lots of good talent was still on the board.

Donald Brown
Denarius Moore
Jermaine Gresham
Sidney Rice
Carson Palmer
New England

A few of my sleepers actually went undrafted, so I should be able to fix this somewhat, but those 8th and 9th round picks destroyed my depth. If there's any chance you could miss a draft, make sure you exclude kickers and defenses from your rankings, or this shit could happen to you.

minx

I mis-remembered a draft time for another league I'm in and got an autodrafted team. Yahoo fucked me pretty hard. I didn't rank my players ahead of time because I didn't consider that I might miss the draft.

From the #2 spot:

Arian Foster (obvious pick, Rodgers went first)
Rob Gronkowski (WTF? I never take TEs this early)
DeMarco Murray (MJD went next. Okay I guess if Murray pans out)
Percy Harvin (wtf?)
Jeremy Maclin (good #2 WR if I had a #1)
Tony Romo (good value if he stays healthy)
Vincent Jackson (good value)

But then it went to shit.

Philadelphia DEF (fuck autodraft)
Sebastian Janikowski (FUCK autodraft)

I guess the program fills out your starting roster before taking bench players. I think my core could be pretty good, aside from the lack of a true WR1, but those two picks were devastating to my bench. Lots of good talent was still on the board.

Donald Brown
Denarius Moore
Jermaine Gresham
Sidney Rice
Carson Palmer
New England

A few of my sleepers actually went undrafted, so I should be able to fix this somewhat, but those 8th and 9th round picks destroyed my depth. If there's any chance you could miss a draft, make sure you exclude kickers and defenses from your rankings, or this shit could happen to you.

Autodraft always chooses defense and kicker early. Havin will be good this year. The 4th is a little early this year. Not a fan of VJax though. Freeman just doesn't throw the long ball very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom