• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football Paypal League(s) - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I'm not sure Yahoo's autodraft list is even updated for this month. Pretty sure it has Ryan Mathews as a top 10 overall option
It finally updated over the weekend.
Shame too as there were a lot of hidden gems ranked far below their consensus rankings and ADP at other sites that shrewd fantasy buffs who drafted prior to the weekend were able to take advantage of.
Will level the playing field somewhat in advance of the No Quitters draft this coming Sunday.

Puddles

Banned
Does anyone actually use the yahoo rankings to make a decision?

I know I consult with multiple sites before ranking anyone. I usually have 4-5 browser tabs set to FF sites at draft time in case I get thrown a curveball I wasn't expecting.

minx

In leagues I know my draft position ahead of time I will write down 4 or 5 players I would take in that spot. Once they are drafted I will cross them off the list. Usually I know who I like in certain rounds anyways. If I'm in a tough decision where someone falls and I need help I'll resort to a trusted website to look at their rankings.

Puddles

Banned
I don't see the point of mock-drafting from every position though. Every mock draft I've ever done was filled with idiots, and there was very little useful information to be gleaned.

UberTag

Does anyone actually use the yahoo rankings to make a decision?

I know I consult with multiple sites before ranking anyone. I usually have 4-5 browser tabs set to FF sites at draft time in case I get thrown a curveball I wasn't expecting.
Smart players will never rely on a site's default rankings to guide their decision making but they clearly influence draft tendencies when you look at the ADP results from Yahoo! during the stretch of time prior to them updating them.

Mathews was getting drafted way too early. People were scooping up backup kickers who'd already lost their starting jobs. There were drastic variances between the average draft position of certain players in both Yahoo! leagues and mocks versus other sites. This is especially notable in the middle rounds when people get lazy and aren't paying all that much attention.

One should never rely solely on a specific site's rankings or frankly even a multiple site consensus as those rankings pertain strictly to a standard 10-team league and don't factor in unique quirks like the ones we have in No Quitters with sack penalties, 16 owners, return yardage, etc.

I don't see the point of mock-drafting from every position though. Every mock draft I've ever done was filled with idiots, and there was very little useful information to be gleaned.
To be fair, most ACTUAL drafts are also filled with idiots. Hence why mock drafting actually has some use. You can get a sense of what idiotic moves will get made and what loopholes may open themselves up for you to exploit on draft day.

I just landed Ray Rice at Pick #7. And had to choose between him and LeSean McCoy.

Puddles

Banned
fftoolbox has a cool feature where you can enter your league's scoring system, and it adjusts its rankings for you.

To be fair, most ACTUAL drafts are also filled with idiots. Hence why mock drafting actually has some use. You can get a sense of what idiotic moves will get made and what loopholes may open themselves up for you to exploit on draft day.

I just landed Ray Rice at Pick #7. And had to choose between him and Lesean McCoy.

I think I'm going to bring back Vegeta9000!!!.jpeg.

Just drafted my team in my other league today. What do you think? I'm personally not too happy with it, but we'll see:

Call Me Maybe
1. (5) Tom Brady (NE - QB)
2. (16) DeMarco Murray (Dal - RB)
3. (25) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
4. (36) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
5. (45) Eric Decker (Den - WR)
6. (56) Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
7. (65) Peyton Hillis (KC - RB)
8. (76) Jacob Tamme (Den - TE)
9. (85) David Wilson (NYG - RB)
10. (96) Robert Meachem (SD - WR)
11. (105) D'Qwell Jackson (Cle - LB)
12. (116) Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)
13. (125) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
14. (136) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB)
15. (145) Tim Tebow (NYJ - QB)

minx

Just drafted my team in my other league today. What do you think? I'm personally not too happy with it, but we'll see:

Call Me Maybe
1. (5) Tom Brady (NE - QB)
2. (16) DeMarco Murray (Dal - RB)
3. (25) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
4. (36) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
5. (45) Eric Decker (Den - WR)
6. (56) Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
7. (65) Peyton Hillis (KC - RB)
8. (76) Jacob Tamme (Den - TE)
9. (85) David Wilson (NYG - RB)
10. (96) Robert Meachem (SD - WR)
11. (105) D'Qwell Jackson (Cle - LB)
12. (116) Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)
13. (125) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
14. (136) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB)
15. (145) Tim Tebow (NYJ - QB)

People need to start posting how many of each position they start. You are great at QB and WR but those are some iffy RBs.

UberTag

People need to start posting how many of each position they start. You are great at QB and WR but those are some iffy RBs.
I'm confused as to why he's drafting both a team defense and a defensive linebacker (albeit a good one).

I just drafted sunday... hows this team look? 10 team standard league*, i had the 6th pick . have to draft 2 qbs, 2 kickers, 2 D's
QB- tom brady
RB- marshawn lynch
RB- steven jackson
RB/WR- fred jackson
WR- jordy nelson
WR- percy harvin
TE- brandon pettigrew
D/ST- seahawks
K- garret hartley
BE- willis mcgahee
BE- brandon lloyd
BE- desean jackson
BE- ryan williams
BE- josh freeman
BE- jason hanson
BE- bengals d

Milabrega

David Wilson in the 9th is great. I think it won't be too long into the season when he through injury or effort becomes the main RB on the Giants.

McGahee, Lloyd, DeSean and Ryan Williams all solid depth on the bench.

minx

I just drafted sunday... hows this team look? have to draft 2 qbs, 2 kickers, 2 D's
QB- tom brady
RB- marshawn lynch
RB- steven jackson
RB/WR- fred jackson
WR- jordy nelson
WR- percy harvin
TE- brandon pettigrew
D/ST- seahawks
K- garret hartley
BE- willis mcgahee
BE- brandon lloyd
BE- desean jackson
BE- ryan williams
BE- josh freeman
BE- jason hanson
BE- bengals d

Also put how many people are in the league. This had to be a 8 person league because you have like 7 4th round guys.

This is my first time playing fantasy in a league of 12. Can someone give me any insight on how I did?

1. Calvin Johnson WR
2. DeMarco Murray RB
3. Rob Gronkowski TE
4. Darren Sproles RB
5. Michael Vick QB
6. Percy Harvin WR
7. BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB
8. Joe Flacco QB
9. Philadelphia DEF (Fan pick)
10. Ronnie Brown RB
11. David Akers K
12. Santana Moss WR
13. Patrick Willis LB
14. Randall Cobb WR
15. Dustin Keller TE
16. Trent Cole DE (Fan pick)

You guys wanna take a look at my recent draft? I'm no expert, but I kinda liked what I did. Oh, it's a 16 team league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and 6 Bench spots. Also, I had the 8th pick in the snake draft format.

1. (8) Drew Brees (NO - QB)
2. (25) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
3. (40) Marques Colston (NO - WR)
4. (57) Frank Gore (SF - RB)
5. (72) Willis McGahee (Den - RB)
6. (89) Darrius Heyward-Bey (Oak - WR)
7. (104) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
8. (121) Dallas (Dal - DEF)
9. (136) Carson Palmer (Oak - QB)
10. (153) DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
11. (168) Jon Baldwin (KC - WR)
12. (185) James Jones (GB - WR)
13. (200) Kellen Winslow (Sea - TE)
14. (217) Kendall Hunter (SF - RB)
15. (232) Steve Breaston (KC - WR)
16. (249) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)

Puddles

Banned
This is my first time playing fantasy in a league of 12. Can someone give me any insight on how I did?

1. Calvin Johnson WR
2. DeMarco Murray RB
3. Rob Gronkowski TE
4. Darren Sproles RB
5. Michael Vick QB
6. Percy Harvin WR
7. BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB
8. Joe Flacco QB
9. Philadelphia DEF (Fan pick)
10. Ronnie Brown RB
11. David Akers K
12. Santana Moss WR
13. Patrick Willis LB
14. Randall Cobb WR
15. Dustin Keller TE
16. Trent Cole DE (Fan pick)

That team isn't going anywhere unless Vick returns to his 2010 form and Gronks continues his ridiculous TD scoring (which I don't think he will).

UberTag

You guys wanna take a look at my recent draft? I'm no expert, but I kinda liked what I did. Oh, it's a 16 team league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and 6 Bench spots. Also, I had the 8th pick in the snake draft format.

1. (8) Drew Brees (NO - QB)
2. (25) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
3. (40) Marques Colston (NO - WR)
4. (57) Frank Gore (SF - RB)
5. (72) Willis McGahee (Den - RB)
6. (89) Darrius Heyward-Bey (Oak - WR)
7. (104) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
8. (121) Dallas (Dal - DEF)
9. (136) Carson Palmer (Oak - QB)
10. (153) DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
11. (168) Jon Baldwin (KC - WR)
12. (185) James Jones (GB - WR)
13. (200) Kellen Winslow (Sea - TE)
14. (217) Kendall Hunter (SF - RB)
15. (232) Steve Breaston (KC - WR)
16. (249) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
I like to see "rate my team" posts like this one as it closely mirrors the draft format we'll be seeing in No Quitters this Sunday night. Could well serve as a benchmark for the person that draws the 8th seed in our own draft to follow.

Only real difference is the ability to start 4 wide receivers in a given week... not something I would advocate most years for a 16-team league but given this year's depth it's not such a bad scenario. While it's nice to have a WR/TE slot in No Quitters, it's going to be tough for a capable TE2 to match up with the output of a typical WR3 (33rd-48th ranked receivers) most weeks except during the bye weeks.

Even with the 4 receiver slots, I think you played with fire waiting until the 4th round to draft a running back. You were wise to handcuff Gore so I'll give you props there... consider yourself fortunate Kendall Hunter was still around in the 14th as his ADP has him going one round earlier. Your RB2 just hit the dreaded "age 30" wall and McGahee's been getting starter carries pretty much his entire career so I'd be a little concerned there. I think DeAngelo in the 10th could turn into a steal if the Daily Show's ankle issues persist into the regular season.

You reached way too early on defenses. And while I advocate waiting on Tight End if you don't land one of the Big 4, Winslow isn't the Tight End you want to wind up with in that scenario. He may not even be the best scoring TE on the Seahawks this season as they also have Zach Miller ahead of him on the depth chart.

I think you did really nice with both your Quarterback and your receivers. I hope you weren't trying to be cute landing the top WR options for both of your QBs in Colston and DHB as you may have missed out on receiver value in better situations. Your team will likely have a great deal of variability on a weekly basis given that you're banking on getting paid double for TDs. Expect some boom weeks and some bust weeks that may be hard to predict.

You did really nice managing your bye weeks. No obvious holes jump out at me. And you wisely waited until the final round to draft a perfectly capable kicker that's on nobody's radar due to Cundiff just getting waived by the Ravens.

Really like the DeAngelo grab in the 10th. Easily your best pick. Also like grabbing Brees with the 8th pick if this is a 6-point-per-passing-TD league.

I like to see "rate my team" posts like this one as it closely mirrors the draft format we'll be seeing in No Quitters this Sunday night. Could well serve as a benchmark for the person that draws the 8th seed in our own draft to follow.
*snip*
Really like the DeAngelo grab in the 10th. Easily your best pick. Also like grabbing Brees with the 8th pick if this is a 6-point-per-passing-TD league.

Thanks for the critique. I will admit to getting cutesy with Colston-Brees, but the OAK duo simply fell into place. One thing I do harp on is avoiding redundant bye weeks. The TE situation was a nightmare, each guy I had lined up got snatched just before my pick so I went with a better value player instead of reaching too high for a TE. Unfortunately this happened often lol

Funny story about my kicker, some poor sap drafted Cundiff in like the 10th round. I just sat there and grinned like a mad man, I had this devious plan to draft Tucker all along (Hook 'em!).

A concern I had in my draft was with my pair of KC receivers... I'm not a big fan of that offense and those were kinda desperation picks. Any tips for sleeper WRs?

A concern I had in my draft was with my pair of KC receivers... I'm not a big fan of that offense and those were kinda desperation picks. Any tips for sleeper WRs?

Simpson on the Vikings is a good sleeper for a WR IMO. That's if the offense is working, which it probably won't be. The Vikes would be better with Rosenfels as QB not Ponder. Had a mock draft today where I picked up Sidney Rice in Rd. 11 pick 7(12 team draft). Thought that was pretty good.

10 roster spots and 5 bench spots currently on economy league. A bit tight so you'll have to be creative in your drafting/waiver activities.

Ironically not worried about this league at all. In my keeper league it's going to be crazy though. Foster, DMC, Murray, Green kept in a 12 teamer. Expecting a massive rush on remaining QB and then every RB left...

UberTag

I was just given a gift in my 8-team co-workers league (where we're running a protracted E-Mail draft).
Picking from the 7th slot and everyone went on a crazy QB run early in the 1st round that included both Eli and Peyton Manning.
Stafford, Newton, Ryan and Romo are still available and I was given the luxury of selecting between Rice and McCoy for my first pick. (I went Ray Rice but I gave this quite a bit of thought... was very close.)

Needless to say I'm going to happily sit on QB for a while and grab an elite WR/TE with my 2nd pick. (This is a one QB league... not two. No reason for this early run.)

ROUND ONE

1.1 - Tom Brady (QB)
1.2 - Eli Manning (QB)
1.3 - Aaron Rodgers (QB)
1.4 - Drew Brees (QB)
1.5 - Arian Foster (RB)
1.6 - Peyton Manning (QB)
1.7 - RAY RICE (RB) - my selection

Fun thing about this league is that it's my first IDP league so we'll be drafting defensive players as well.
The next couple picks went pretty much by the books here.

1.8 - LeSean McCoy (RB)
2.1 - Calvin Johnson (WR)

Now had this been a different league I would have probably rolled the dice with McFadden given his upside potential and already owning a rock in Ray Rice.

But a quirk about this league I failed to mention in my initial post is that we only start a single RB each week. And I don't see myself being too inclined to bench Ray Rice for anyone too often... except for maybe when he's facing Pittsburgh.

So a stud WR/TE was really my only consideration here... which effectively made this a decision between Jimmy Graham and Julio Jones. And with no real urgency to pop the league's TE cherry (I suspect Graham & Gronk will both go before my next pick but even that's not a dead certainty in an 8-team league), I elected to roll with the upside of fantasy's flavor of the month in Double J.

2.2 - JULIO JONES (WR) - my selection
2.3 - Matt Forte (RB)
2.4 - Darren McFadden (RB)
2.5 - Jimmy Graham (TE) - drafted by the Brees owner; betcha he's happy

Cloudy

Banned
Here is how my Yahoo Pro team looks now after waivers. Note: It's 10 teams with QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, Defense. No flex for some reason and 5 bench slots.

Red Robin Rises

Starters:
Philip Rivers QB
Darren McFadden RB
Steven Jackson RB
Antonio Brown WR
Demaryius Thomas WR
Malcom Floyd WR
Aaron Hernandez TE
Nate Kaeding K - Not Drafted
Green Bay DEF

Bench:
Maurice Jones-Drew RB (He will eventually be a starter when he ends this holdout)
DeAngelo Williams RB (Trade-bait right now but we'll see)
Ronnie Brown RB (Could be worth it if Ryan Matthews misses time)
Joel Dreesen TE (I always like the starting TE on a Peyton Manning team) - Not Drafted
Nate Burleson WR (Just for WR depth) - Not Drafted
Brandon Stokley WR (Low risk with big upside, I think) - Not Drafted

Dropped:
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB (No need to hold a 2nd QB in a 10 team league)
New York DEF (Ditto for defense)
Tony Moeaki TE (He is good but I don't like the QB lol)
Nick Novak K (Kaeding will be SD's kicker)

A bit shaky at WR but the team looks solid IMO

Enron

Banned
uh, what was the paypal again for the pay league? I can't find it anywhere. Not in the league notes, not in my PMs.....

Enron

Banned
Thanks crazymoogles. Going back over my pms, emails, and league notes it appears as if I was never actually sent the paypal address after joining the league! konex'd.

Anyways, all paid up now and ready to dominate

Cloudy

Banned
So, about the split. I am going to put up a vote on the website. We've talked enough about it here. You either take what I decided or we discuss more. It'll be top 4 regardless but this is a vote on whether we tweak the final share (from 410/310/210/110).

UberTag

The next couple picks went pretty much by the books here.

1.8 - LeSean McCoy (RB)
2.1 - Calvin Johnson (WR)

Now had this been a different league I would have probably rolled the dice with McFadden given his upside potential and already owning a rock in Ray Rice.

But a quirk about this league I failed to mention in my initial post is that we only start a single RB each week. And I don't see myself being too inclined to bench Ray Rice for anyone too often... except for maybe when he's facing Pittsburgh.

So a stud WR/TE was really my only consideration here... which effectively made this a decision between Jimmy Graham and Julio Jones. And with no real urgency to pop the league's TE cherry (I suspect Graham & Gronk will both go before my next pick but even that's not a dead certainty in an 8-team league), I elected to roll with the upside of fantasy's flavor of the month in Double J.

2.2 - JULIO JONES (WR) - my selection
2.3 - Matt Forte (RB)
2.4 - Darren McFadden (RB)
2.5 - Jimmy Graham (TE) - drafted by the Brees owner; betcha he's happy
One thing you'll clearly note due to the 1 starting RB rule that running backs are sliding much deeper in this draft compared to others...

2.6 - Chris Johnson (RB)
2.7 - Rob Gronkowski (TE)
2.8 - Wes Welker (WR)
3.1 - Aaron Hernandez (TE)

The guy on the front end of the draft snake who drafted Brady 1st overall is clearly Patriot-happy as he reached way early for both Wes Welker and Aaron Hernandez as the 3rd players off the board for their respective positions. I actually view Welker as the bigger reach as he may well be getting rotated out of the offense.

I fully suspect this guy will grab Brandon Lloyd and Stevan Ridley with his next two draft picks. Regrettably, I'm not playing him Week 9 when the Pats have their bye.

3.2 - Adrian Peterson (RB)
3.3 - Larry Fitzgerald (WR)
3.4 - A.J. Green (WR)
3.5 - Dez Bryant (WR)
3.6 - Greg Jennings (WR)

At this point, I still don't want to grab a Quarterback. I'm in a cushy position of being in between both players who still need QBs so no more than one of Newton/Vick/Stafford can fly off the board without backups being selected. And I'd only be concerned about backups being reached for early if Vick was drafted and he hasn't been.

I have Rice locked in as my starter so my plan with my next two picks is to fill out my remaining starter WR/TE slots. I decided to focus on TE first seeing how the name of the game in shallow 8-team leagues is to land studs and the only remaining option for a TE stud is a "healthier than he's been in 3 seasons" Antonio Gates.

Vernon Davis only shows up in the playoffs. Finley only shows up when you have him benched. Witten is hurt. Fred Davis is a walking suspension waiting to happen who seemed to have more chemistry with Sexy Rexy than RG3. Pettigrew is Mr. PPR who gains like 3 yards and falls down after every catch due to doubling as the Lions defacto run game. The nice thing about Gates in this league is that I will have plenty of backups to pluck off the wire and later in the draft if he hurts himself again.

3.7 - ANTONIO GATES (TE) - my selection
3.8 - Matthew Stafford (QB) - drafted by the Megatron owner; yet another double TD points per score threat along with Brees-Graham and Brady-Welker/Hernandez
4.1 - Andre Johnson (WR)

With QB6 selected, only two of us are now without a starting quarterback. I'm still not looking to pull the trigger here as I don't see much of a difference between Newton/Vick/Ryan. The fact that the rushing QBs have slipped this far is a good thing as this league awards 7 points per rushing TD instead of the standard 6.

On the receiver front, I have a number of worthy options (Roddy White, Jordy Nelson, Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz). Both Nicks and Smith have lingering foot injuries. Roddy is tempting but is requesting fewer targets this season plus it would really put me in a tough spot for Week 7 with both Julio and Gates already sharing that bye week. Jordy is looking strong but I don't want to chase his 15 touchdowns last season and there are still a number of options in Green Bay's passing game that could see him disappear. Cruz could hit a sophomore slump and fail to perform now that people know what he's capable of and both Manningham and Ballard are gone as receiving threats.

I elect to pass on all of those guys and roll the dice on the guy who got 10 targets in last week's preseason game in the newly-reunited-with-Cutler Brandon Marshall.

4.2 - BRANDON MARSHALL (WR) - my selection
4.3 - Victor Cruz (WR)
4.4 - Cam Newton (QB)

UberTag

One of those other guys should fall to you anyways next round unless you pick up Matty Ice.
Now that everyone else has their starting QB locked up, I don't want to get too cute on how long I wait to secure mine with possible backups in play. I'm not planning on being the first guy to grab defensive personnel so I'll wait to see who falls to me in Round 5 and go from there.

Matty Ice is definitely tempting with Julio Jones already on my roster and the dual-TD scoring scenarios already in play across this league. Certainly wouldn't have any qualms about grabbing him and backing him up with a rushing QB like Griffin or Wilson.

minx

Curious now if I made the right choices with my QBs in the 2 QB league I am in. Choose two starting QBs out of these

Michael Vick
Peyton Manning
Phillip Rivers
Matt Ryan
Tony Romo

UberTag

Curious now if I made the right choices with my QBs in the 2 QB league I am in. Choose two starting QBs out of these

Michael Vick
Peyton Manning
Phillip Rivers
Matt Ryan
Tony Romo
How many teams are in this league? 8? 10? It makes a difference on how to answer the question. Also, how much are passing TDs worth? 4 points? 6 points? Lastly, is your roster capped at 2 QBs or can you add QB depth to your bench?

minx

How many teams are in this league? 8? 10? It makes a difference on how to answer the question. Also, how much are passing TDs worth? 4 points? 6 points? Lastly, is your roster capped at 2 QBs or can you add QB depth to your bench?

Can't believe I forgot to add all that info. 12 team league. TDs worth 4 points. Every 5 completions is 1 point. 2 point bonus for TDs of 40+ yards. Can have max of 4 QBs.

Random Comment: It's funny considering my Team Name and mantra/different drafting style No matter what spot I've ended up with I rarely draft Eli Manning if I have the opportunity. His weapons are healthy and he should throw a ton, but I have an idea of where I want to draft him and I don't get him.

UberTag

Can't believe I forgot to add all that info. 12 team league. TDs worth 4 points. Every 5 completions is 1 point. 2 point bonus for TDs of 40+ yards. Can have max of 4 QBs.
I'm not sure I like the idea of pairing any of those QBs in a 12-team 2-QB league. You'd only have shaky RB1 options available and you would have to burn both picks 1 & 2 on quarterbacks. (Then again, you could be in a 2-QB league with idiots... in which case you might be fine.)

I DO like the idea of drafting two QBs with your first 3-4 picks... but I would try to go elite with my QB1 and then wait on my QB2 and roll with a guy like Fitzpatrick (6th in completions last season), Freeman (9th in completions last season), Flacco (banking on long bombs to Torrey Smith), Palmer, Luck or Locker. If you're grabbing QB2 in the 3rd, I'd want Big Ben given the absence of a sack penalty and the Steelers run game in shambles.

If I had to choose 2 of the 5 QBs you listed, I'd want the two I could draft the latest. Which based on current ADP would be Ryan and Rivers.

minx

I'm not sure I like the idea of pairing any of those QBs in a 12-team 2-QB league. You'd only have shaky RB1 options available and you would have to burn both picks 1 & 2 on quarterbacks. (Then again, you could be in a 2-QB league with idiots... in which case you might be fine.)

I DO like the idea of drafting two QBs with your first 3-4 picks... but I would try to go elite with my QB1 and then wait on my QB2 and roll with a guy like Fitzpatrick (6th in completions last season), Freeman (9th in completions last season), Flacco (banking on long bombs to Torrey Smith), Palmer, Luck or Locker. If you're grabbing QB2 in the 3rd, I'd want Big Ben given the absence of a sack penalty and the Steelers run game in shambles.

If I had to choose 2 of the 5 QBs you listed, I'd want the two I could draft the latest. Which based on current ADP would be Ryan and Rivers.

Well you can see how my draft went on the previous Page post 336. I took QB with both my 2nd round picks. Peyton and Ryan . Didn't know how was QBs were going to go. For reference Eli went one ahead of Peyton. Rivers 2 after Peyton. Vick one after Ryan. Romo 3 after Vick.

UberTag

Well you can see how my draft went on the previous Page post 336. I took QB with both my 2nd round picks. Peyton and Ryan . Didn't know how was QBs were going to go. For reference Eli went one ahead of Peyton. Rivers 2 after Peyton. Vick one after Ryan. Romo 3 after Vick.
Looking at how that draft played out I'd say you did just fine.
Not sure what you've seen out of Vick, Rivers or Romo this preseason to make you doubt your selection of Peyton and Ryan.
Really the only immediate knock against them is they both share the Week 7 bye.

Fei

I was kind of forced into taking Vick because of a QB run in the 4th where Ryan/Romo/Rivers/Eli were all taken. I grabbed him at the end of the 5th (12 teams), and I think I'm alright with that. I took Flacco in the 10th as a backup, and then Dalton since he was still sitting there in the 16th (and final) round so I grabbed him.

I was checking the settings and I noticed the format is much different:

1 QB
2 WR
2 RB
1 TE
2 Flex Spots: W/T and W/R.

Is that practical? Because now I predict a lot of 1 TE/3 RB/3 WR lineups, not to mention if a bench slot isn't chopped off We're going to see 5-6 RB teams again. Like Ubertag said earlier TEs aren't completely viable to the point in a Flex situation that even a third of teams will go with a TE over a RB/WR in a Flex situation.

32 NFL Teams, let's assume 2 RB system of a starter and backup.
12x4 RB teams = 48 RBs

EDIT: ... eh I guess it works, although I think this devalues other positions and makes it like last year when you had to have RBs to survive (it's also unrealistic to see that lineup in a real NFL game :p). Also you gotta PM guys or make a post about a big change like that less than a week away from Draft Day.

Puddles

Banned
Shit, I fucked that up. I meant to have only one flex spot.

I'll change it to:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 RB/WR/TE
1 K
1 D/ST

I've also added one injured reserve spot, but shortened the bench to five players.

The draft order will be set on Thursday. That gives you Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to plan your strategy and work out draft pick trades if you want to do them.

Shit, I fucked that up. I meant to have only one flex spot.

I'll change it to:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 RB/WR/TE
1 K
1 D/ST

I've also added one injured reserve spot, but shortened the bench to five players.

The draft order will be set on Thursday. That gives you Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to plan your strategy and work out draft pick trades if you want to do them.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself last night. Seemed a bit crazy to have 10 spots, the extra flex position. Did a couple of mocks today with that system in place and the results were pretty good regardless.

Glad you can set the draft order early. How exactly are you doing it? Drawing names out of a hat/random computerized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom