• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Been about 8 years since my last upgrade.
The right click on my former mouse started to breakdown so I guess it was the right time.
aSIlnAf.jpg

Friggz

I don't know. I don't really fit in on the other side of the forum, so I never looked.

The Kapex is nice, but man is it pricey. There seem to be a growing number of dissatisfied users on the Festool forums, and those guys get the koolaid centrally infused. No doubt I'd take one if offered, though.

believe me, she got it used off craiglist. i know becuase i told her what i wanted and she jsut paid. lol

Justinh

This must be my most spectacular piece of hardware so far. It's the PS4 prototype controller which came with early dev kits. Big shoutout to Borman for selling me this stunning controller. Words can't describe my joy, but I'm very happy right now, to say the least. :)
http://abload.de/img/dsc_009605lun.jpg
http://abload.de/img/dsc_0098gdz5l.jpg
http://abload.de/img/dsc_0100idbmw.jpg
That's so freaking cool. Wish they stuck with that D-pad. Sucks it doesn't work with the PS4. Does the touchpad act as a button? Can you even depress it? It doesn't look like it's able to be pressed like the current ones.
Looks like they were dead-set on making the start options button annoying to press from the beginning.

These arrived today.

Glad I asked to wait so I could get both Matthew Karedas'(Matt Hannon) and Mark Frazier's sigs on Samurai Cop 2. They said if you asked to wait it would delay the shipping for about a month, but it hasn't even been a week.

Olengie

Real minty copy of Code of Princess from GS. Dont see it much, thought it was right about time I get it

Taker34

Banned
That's so freaking cool. Wish they stuck with that D-pad. Sucks it doesn't work with the PS4. Does the touchpad act as a button? Can you even depress it? It doesn't look like it's able to be pressed like the current ones.
Looks like they were dead-set on making the start options button annoying to press from the beginning.

Thanks! The touchpad is identical to the current one function-wise, even though it doesn't look like it. The D-Pad is nice and similar to the Vita but I feel like the current DS4 does literally everything better.

Breakage

This must be my most spectacular piece of hardware so far. It's the PS4 prototype controller which came with early dev kits. Big shoutout to Borman for selling me this stunning controller. Words can't describe my joy, but I'm very happy right now, to say the least. :)

dsc_0100idbmw.jpg

That's really cool.The shape of the prototype looks better than the final DS4 design imo.

I know how much you all despise anything branded Bose, but I picked up some Bose Quietcomfort QC 25's with ANC for my frequent commutes and study time.

I have to say, I was absolutely blown away wearing them for the first time on a loud intercity train a few days ago. It tunes out everything. The hum of the engine, the rattling of the steel, the rain on the windows, loud voices turn into inaudible whispers. All there is is just you and your music.

20160208_135551528_iovdsl6.jpg

It's cool, the Quietcomforts are the one Bose thing that is acceptable to buy. They are legitimately great noise canceling headphones. I'd say they're one of the most suggested headphones for airplanes.

More stuff that I do not need....

1Tb HDD from Newegg for my X1

One of the very few Amiibos I actually want. Also a new 8rnd. mag form my EDC.

New CD.

Started a new tattoo.

AlfaTrion

Headphones and stand.
Nice! I have the open-ear ones that are just below your grade. You're gonna love these!

I have a legit question, and I want to be clear that I'm not trying to be a jerk. Can someone explain to me the whole "show off what you spent money on" thing? It feels like people see it as a point of pride, but how so? It's like celebrating materialism. I understand being excited about something you wanted and bought, but why would anyone else care about it?

Again, I really just want to understand.

I lurked in this thread for MONTHS before posting. We all share similar interests and one of them is collecting/acquiring things we are passionate about. A forum is a place we can share with each other because...

For a lot of us, we maybe don't have friends who are into collecting stuff and this is our forum to show off neat finds and chat about them with fellow GAFers.

And I've also learned about the existence of things I wouldn't have otherwise. There are some really cool things in these threads that aren't even related to gaming!

And I've also learned about the existence of things I wouldn't have otherwise. There are some really cool things in these threads that aren't even related to gaming!

Yep, definitely. It happened quite a number of times actually that I spotted stuff on here, posted by other GAFers, that I wasn't aware of previously. And I then ordered my own copy of it not long after that. Goes for both games, movies or accessories.

Lombax

Banned
I know how much you all despise anything branded Bose, but I picked up some Bose Quietcomfort QC 25's with ANC for my frequent commutes and study time.

I have to say, I was absolutely blown away wearing them for the first time on a loud intercity train a few days ago. It tunes out everything. The hum of the engine, the rattling of the steel, the rain on the windows, loud voices turn into inaudible whispers. All there is is just you and your music.

20160208_135551528_iovdsl6.jpg

I fall into the camp of not being a fan of BOSE, but they are great travel headphones. Just one thing to note. Keep all the documentation and receipt of the purchase. They will break on you within a year. Thankfully BOSE is experienced at replacing things!
I am on my second replacement pair of the current gen, and prior to that I had a set of the first gen's that had to be replaced eight times.

Loxley

dsc_009605lun.jpg

Ha, this brings back memories of those early DS4 leaked pic threads.

fRlFWlG.gif

A bit late on a few things but had a pretty good past 2 months :)

Laptop is incredible, specs below:

ASUS G752VY-RH71
17.3" FHD IPS w/ G-Sync
Intel Skylake i7-67000HQ
GTX 980M 4GB
16GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I fall into the camp of not being a fan of BOSE, but they are great travel headphones. Just one thing to note. Keep all the documentation and receipt of the purchase. They will break on you within a year. Thankfully BOSE is experienced at replacing things!
I am on my second replacement pair of the current gen, and prior to that I had a set of the first gen's that had to be replaced eight times.

I have had my Bose QC15 set for about 4-5 years. Heavy heavy use as I travel a lot for work and I commute to work on a bus. Love love love them. Never a single issue.

Maybe the newer ones are shit?

I would be pissed if I paid that much money and had them crap out multiple times.

JEKKI

awwww yeay it aint no Fire Emblem special edition, but I'll pretend it is since getting that Fire Emblem is hopeless at this point ;_;

AnRurg8.jpg

Marceles

The Division for 30% off, couldn't pass that up

8Diy5zQ.jpg

Final Fantasy IX and Adventures of Mana for iOS

KpzUt9D.jpg

5SKpwe7.jpg

Firewatch for PS4 and PC (don't know why I double dipped but *shrugs*)

fWzKp5i.jpg

3XbyEoc.jpg

"Picked up" a ticket for the FFXV reveal

LaEsFNE.jpg

Gravity Rush Remastered

VHW8YAi.jpg

Just installed some new translucent sanwa buttons for my fightstick, Neo Geo colors :D

Now that PS3 sticks are compatible, I'm set for Street Fighter V

timnich

It's cool, the Quietcomforts are the one Bose thing that is acceptable to buy. They are legitimately great noise canceling headphones. I'd say they're one of the most suggested headphones for airplanes.
Just wondering,What's wrong with Bose? I just picked up a pair of the Bluetooth headphones and the sports earphones and so far have had no issues. I get that the products are a little expensive but I feel like the quality is worth it.

spared

Just wondering,What's wrong with Bose? I just picked up a pair of the Bluetooth headphones and the sports earphones and so far have had no issues. I get that the products are a little expensive but I feel like the quality is worth it.

I'm not sure why that was said as well. I am into music and every single time someone in the industry mentions Bose, they are seen as quality products.

The over-hyped Beats on the other hand... awful in my experience.

Machine

I'm not sure why that was said as well. I am into music and every single time someone in the industry mentions Bose, they are seen as quality products.

The over-hyped Beats on the other hand... awful in my experience.

Browse thru the Official Headphone Thread. The issue is that Bose is way overpriced. You can generally find equal or better quality sound from cans that are a lot less expensive.

//ARCANUM

I've been lurking this thread for a long while and I don't *think* I've posted in it before. Usually because I'm just too lazy to take photos of my merch, lol. But I just had to show off these cover plates for my n3DS because they're so damn cute. I also just recently got the n3DS as well.

I'm a touch jealous - it's still a couple of weeks until release here in the UK. How's the SteelBook in the 'flesh'?

It's really nice and clean. Just a simple black steelbook with the gunshot "Spectre" logo contrasting with silver and white. While the front has the title, the back does not, though it does have the logo.

1E9ACC20-422E-4477-BED4-BFA97CCCB171_zpsi8zjgte4.jpg

Nesther

I've been lurking this thread for a long while and I don't *think* I've posted in it before. Usually because I'm just too lazy to take photos of my merch, lol. But I just had to show off these cover plates for my n3DS because they're so damn cute. I also just recently got the n3DS as well.

Love it. I was thinking of upgrading my poptart to a n3DS just for that Kirby face plate, haha.

Top Bottom