• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

12742811_10154138041707262_1400945450908668975_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SlickVic

Disney Infinity The Force Awakens Playset

I've never actually collected Disney Infinity figures before (or Amiibos for that matter) and don't really intend to start this as a gateway into that world. But I really enjoyed The Force Awakens so seeing this on sale for $20 at Best Buy and knowing these figures include a code to play a game based on TFA piqued my interest. The figures are actually quite well made (Finn's face seems a tad too angry in his pose but Rey looks great) and they fit in quite nicely on a desk or other place of display.

When Breath Becomes Air

New book that was already recommended to me by quite a few people. Essentially the story of a Neurosurgery Resident finding out he has Stage IV Lung Cancer, recounting his life, and his continued pursuit to uncover its meaning. I'm oversimplifying the story, but to me, the book is fascinating not just because of the premise and the terrible ordeal the Author goes through (the doctor becoming the patient) but also because Dr. Kalinithi is an excellent writer. The story also goes through a bit of his background, and his interest in both writing and Medicine is what makes the book work so well.

Marceles

Unravel

7IYByXT.jpg

Lightning cable broke this morning, so bought another one, and also bought a black Blue Yeti and Logitech C920 HD webcam

cZx7ZPP.jpg

vYR6Qnx.jpg

Herbs

Banned
Best flea market find in awhile. All are sealed except the pizza thrower but it's brand new in the box. Still zip tied in and everything. May flip them and keep the Van for nostalgias sake though I did love that blimp as a kid.

6wrqPE6.jpg

Best flea market find in awhile. All are sealed except the pizza thrower but it's brand new in the box. Still zip tied in and everything. May flip them and keep the Van for nostalgias sake though I did love that blimp as a kid.

6wrqPE6.jpg

Wow, very awesome finds. I still love the art that were on those boxes.

TheMoon

6wrqPE6.jpg

Holy crap, you found those sealed at a god damn flea market?!?!

I only had the van as a kid and used to stare at the ads for the others dreaming of owning them one day. Those toys were magical back then.

Nakazato

6wrqPE6.jpg
Holy shit amazing

I finally got one. I'm getting it in anticipation of Yakuza 0, but I had some money saved up and decided to get it now. Got rid of COD since I am not a fan of the game and will be picking up Gravity Rush. Also got DOA 5 Last Round for the heck of it.

I don't really draw, but it's nice for note taking when you want to write something down. It's also a super comfy stylus. It's battery lasts a good while, and if you leave it still for a few minutes it powers off and disconnects from the iPad Bluetooth and when you move it or pick it up it re connects.

Early January pickups.

A local store did a clearance sale on PS2 (5 for €10) and PS3 games (3 for €15), so I picked up quite a bit of those.

PC Engine game: Chouzetsu Rinjin Bravoman

PS game: Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2

PS2 games: Disgaea - Hour of Darkness, The Bard's Tale, Shinobido - Way of the Ninja, Fahrenheit, Super Bust-A-Move 2, Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas, Obscure II, Inspector Gadget - Mad Robots Invasion, and Mobile Light Force 2

PS3 games: Transformers Devastation, Syberia Collection, Bionic Commando, Earth Defense Force - Insect Armageddon, and Tornado Outbreak

PS4 game: Life Is Strange Limited Edition

PSVita games: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition, Persona 4 Dancing All Night Disco Fever Edition

PC game: Pillars of Eternity

DS game: Lost Magic

3DS game: Nintendo Pocket Football Club

Wii game: Kororinpa

Wii U game: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

A few more pickups this month. Wanted to start collecting some vinyl records so I'm starting out with these. Now I'm on the hunt for a record player and speakers.

kBhM2sy.jpg

I also picked up a Dreamcast in good condition with 2 controllers + VMUs. I had one in high-school but sold it so its nice to get one again. But man, some of the popular games are selling for quite a lot at retro game stores and eBay :( Anybody know of any other places to get decently-priced DC stuff?

OUn9qhR.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Congrats!

You have to tell me what you think of the Steam Controller. For games like XCOM and Firewatch it seems good, but for games like the new Tomb Raider, and shooters it seems to be very frustrating to use. It wound't even work for TTG Tales of the Borderlands for me today.

Steam Controller has been mostly fine so far. I do have an Xbone controller as well, so anything with native support I just go that route(ie. I haven't bothered using it with RoTR or Dragon's Dogma).

However, games like Pillars of Eternity, Dragon Age Origins, Civ V, Shadowrun, Witcher 1, and other similar titles actually perform quite well with it. There is a lot of fiddling with sensitivities and adjusting popular configs to my liking, but I find that process kind of fun. Though, I do occasionally find myself just going M/KB on some gaming sessions for those. The Steam Controller is like a goofy toy to mess with moreso than actively improving the experience(Witcher 1 excepted as it is a MASSIVE improvement there).

Gamble

I also picked up a Dreamcast in good condition with 2 controllers + VMUs. I had one in high-school but sold it so its nice to get one again. But man, some of the popular games are selling for quite a lot at retro game stores and eBay :( Anybody know of any other places to get decently-priced DC stuff?

OUn9qhR.jpg

If you live by a 2nd and Charles they sometimes have reasonably priced stuff for the DC

Decided to finally bite as I managed to get the case at a reasonable price off Amazon:
AE1065FC-8CF3-45AA-9093-A2D515DDEE0E_zps6qdfiul6.jpg

Redeemed some points of Disney Movie Rewards for a free movie:
237A5C8F-B519-4BBC-A914-C4D0E263E940_zpsnd83z6cg.jpg

Finally, a new buddy to hang out with:
9A7B9B79-E580-4495-9099-A3BF37BECEAD_zpsonbodijf.jpg

Ecto311

GRYse0Al.jpg

uLnS3XDl.jpg

New floor. Ripped out the dumb dirty green carpet and replaced it with this stuff. Its a wood grain looking vinyl thats also waterproof. Having dogs and a kid makes carpet fuckin nasty in no time.

mMPh9Gxl.jpg

Sent the wife to get me a clamp so I could clamp things. This is why you facetime when the other person goes to the damn store. I guess I could build a decent doll house for my daughter using this.

NfG7xSMl.jpg

The speaker and 2 other book shelf speakers are from this month. The receiver was $180 on amazon warehouse a few days ago. Paid $100 out the door for it and now the price is back at $400. Really liking it compared to the RX-V420 that we had that felt like it was dying. This thing I can control from my phone and also tunes itself with the little mic. Sounds 100x better and we can hear voices now due to the better center and receiver. Before we would have movies at high volume and the loud parts would shake the whole house.

htZGOkcl.jpg

The shelfs are on brackets allowing us to move them to fit our needs. It was a really cheap and effective way to organize that wall. Wish I had done it years ago. The wood on the shelfs is stained them coated in polyurethane. Makes super easy to wipe down for dusting and cleaning.

Savitar

Gorgeous set up dude, congrats!

Not really game related but surprising pick up, mc chris started his new tour here in Fresno. Last time he came I got a picture with him on stage and he remembered me and said that we can do it again!

Wait isn't that the tattoo of Storm Shadows and Snakes Eye ninja clan on that card/sticker that says not like anyone can stop me .

I got the SFV collector's edition and a rap 4 kai stick. I haven't taken pictures of those yet, but I'll probably post them up tomorrow after work.

What I'm really excited about is my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures that came this month. Here's a picture:
3007574-thumbnail.jpg

And here's an unboxing video I made and uploaded today =D

https://youtu.be/IrCTzfHs1sk

bigmac996

I got the SFV collector's edition and a rap 4 kai stick. I haven't taken pictures of those yet, but I'll probably post them up tomorrow after work.

What I'm really excited about is my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures that came this month. Here's a picture:
3007574-thumbnail.jpg

And here's an unboxing video I made and uploaded today =D

https://youtu.be/IrCTzfHs1sk

Nice! Those turtles are great. Not sure if you know this, but GoodSmile based the figures on an artwork by illustrator James Jean: http://www.geek-art.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/James-Jean-TMNT.jpg

Nice! Those turtles are great. Not sure if you know this, but GoodSmile based the figures on an artwork by illustrator James Jean: http://www.geek-art.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/James-Jean-TMNT.jpg

Yeah, I really like his work on fables. He is super talented. Especially in the realms outside comic books. The awesome thing about those TMNT figures is that each one comes with a code. If you own all four figures, you can redeem all four codes and they'll send you an aluminum painting of James Jean's art that inspired the figures. I redeemed them today and looking forward to get it in the mail XD.

It will look amazing in a display case behind the diorama.

BTW, You have some amazing art on your page. Absolutely beautiful.

Theonik

I wanted a USB saturn pad without spending silly amounts of money.

Bought a standard JP pad from ebay for £10 and a cheap ass PLAY SEGA usb saturn pad for £4.95.

Swapped the PCBs around

tada

Did something similar a few years ago. Well I also re-soldered the triggers from the old Saturn pad.

Taker34

Banned
I will finish what you started... Hot Toys' Kylo Ren is amazing when it comes to quality and movie accurate figures. Every layer of clothing, fabric texture and even the boots/gloves are an almost 100% match. Exceptional. Pricey but worth it.
imagep1klb.jpeg

imagex2kyf.jpeg

imagemijxo.jpeg

imagefck5u.jpeg

The biggest surprise is that there's a real manual (!) coming with Grand Ages. So old school :)
image1suyq.jpeg

imagecou05.jpeg

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I will finish what you started... Hot Toys' Kylo Ren is amazing when it comes to quality and movie accurate figures. Every layer of clothing, fabric texture and even the boots/gloves are an almost 100% match. Exceptional. Pricey but worth it.
imagep1klb.jpeg

imagex2kyf.jpeg

imagemijxo.jpeg

imagefck5u.jpeg

That looks sick as hell ! I want, but when I looked it up on Amazon it says $300. When you said pricey, I didn't know you meant like that. Oh well.

TheGamer

Top Bottom