• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

Makariel

200.gif

FriendlyBrownDog-size_restricted.gif

sn0man

I admit I did join ResetEra when that started but it was soon made clear that I wasn't welcome there because I kept getting banned until they made it permanent LOL. It says a lot that I've had my Neogaf account for almost 6 years (and I'm still here!) but I didn't last long over there.

Anyway, i love this site. It's my go to place for video games. I sometimes still read Reddit but it's just as toxic over there at times. I feel we can all have a laugh here with each other without getting too serious. Sure, If you go over board then you'll get banned but the mods aren't out looking for people to pick on or to beat back in line. Here you don't feel like you not welcome, worrying about upsetting a banhappy mod, or having loads of people turn on you for just sharing your own thoughts/opinions.
I must admit, I’m still active in both forums. Haven’t gotten banned or anything.

Originally, I preferred being more active in resetera because the number of users just means there’s more threads being made and a lot more to discuss. There’s also the fact that news gets posted quite quickly.

I’m steadily appreciating the members here in Gaf more for posting news a lot more frequently and a lot faster than it used to be.

The reason I really returned is because there’s almost a stifling air in the threads in resetera. I feel like I’m holding my breath and have to choose the words I say. Here, I can say whatever I want. Sure maybe I’ll get banned but I find that the mods lets the users explain their reasoning and share the views they have first and not completely shut them down at the first sight of an opinion that doesn’t align with their view. I really appreciate that and it sometimes leads to discussion that may even enlighten someone to better themselves.

Curious why you both left. If you would prefer, just DM me.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I feel NeoGAF is now one of the last sane corners of the internet. We have the whole range of people here - leftists, centrists, rightwingers. Gay people, trans people, straight people, sexually liberal people, religiously conservative people.

I find the diversity of discussion genuinely intellectually stimulating.

Mega_Deth

Very well done, much deserved. I can see it continuing to improve especially with a new console generation looming(I expect the PS5 reveal to be a huge boost). It's also worth noting that because of social media and places like Reddit, traditional forums have lost alot of activity. Forums I used to visit(gaming and non-gaming related) are mostly a ghost town now compared to the peak of their popularity so for NeoGaf to have a drastic increase in users and activity is even more impressive.

LordCBH

I dig this place. Can just talk. Don’t have to worry about “offending” people like that other hellhole. Don’t have to conform to the hivemind either. You peeps all cool in my book.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Congratulations and so well deserved.

You have done an amazing job in making GAF a safe space for sane people. It's a refreshing oasis where everyone can express their opinions without fear and where people can escape from the never-ending Oppression Olympics, virtue signaling and identity politics that infest most of the internet today.

Thank you.

sobaka770

Banned
Good job! It's nice to be back and despite already triggering a dozen people still be allowed to express my opinion in a constructive way.

I feel like it's a better way to go, more representative of real-world experience.

killatopak

Curious why you both left. If you would prefer, just DM me.
It’s not that I left but everyone else left.

I think most of the community I frequent migrated to Discord then joined Era for a while.

As I said earlier I preferred era for a while because news seem to be posted quite fast. Moderation seems to be quite alright and things were transparent, for a while. It progressively got worse and worse so I thought to myself why not visit GAF. I visit occasionally while still going to era for the news. Nowadays It seems like we have enough members to post new and interesting topics to discuss that I prefer it here now. it’s a lot better now compared back then where you get threads with like a dozen posts with days in between each post. Like you visit a thread, come back a few days later and it’s still the same posts.

I hope it all goes up from here. I fucking missed gaf.

Shrap

New gen, new board for me. Last gen I was on the IGN vestibule (mostly as a shitposter, I think I'm slightly better now) and I wanted to join neogaf because of all that secret sauce you guys were getting from the industry but I couldn't because of the whole free email accounts getting blocked thing. Then things went crazy here for a while and we all posted about it on the vesti; pretty much exactly like what happens here now in a specific thread about that other place. So it fell off my radar until we saw this place pretty much collapse from a mass exodus. After that I was checking here every once in a while and noticed everyone posting casual, normal stuff - talking games, life and whatever else. Everything seemed relaxed so I figured I'd give it a go. Now this is my main and only board for gaming.

I had some good memories on the vestibule but that place was 90% shitposting and there wasn't enough about gaming (the other boards on there are pretty terrible, the worst being the nintendo board). This place covers everything for me so I haven't gone back.

Cheers to EviLore for getting this place back on track and cheers to everyone else here for being cool. Here's to a new gen and continued success for neogaf. :messenger_beermugs:

Last edited:

sn0man

I feel NeoGAF is now one of the last sane corners of the internet. We have the whole range of people here - leftists, centrists, rightwingers. Gay people, trans people, straight people, sexually liberal people, religiously conservative people.

I find the diversity of discussion genuinely intellectually stimulating.

I love having a place to converse with all walks of life. I also feel like there is some nuance, restraint, and consideration in posters because they realize it is counterproductive to lean hard left or hard right because this isn’t an echo chamber.

Bartski

Gold Member
The only place I know where I feel it's ok to disagree about the passion we all share, one that ultimately brings us all together.

Congrats to the team and thanks for having me :messenger_horns:

Nice. I dislike the console warring (yeah i know I'm part of it) but i very much appreciate not getting banned for any joke or opinion the moderation does not like.

Psykodad

Banned
I wouldn't even know what gaming forums are worth even visiting, outside of Gaf.

There's just one mod who seems to have a stick up his butt, but it's much better than Gametrailers ever was. That's for sure.

Last edited:

Pidull

It's curious that I joined in May 2019, because that was the point at which it became obvious to me that REE was clearly out of control in terms of thought policing. Around that time is when GAF started to see steady growth from month to month.

I am glad that I chose to create an account after over a decade of lurking to help with GAF's rebound.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's also just a better forum than it was a year ago. No offense but this place was pretty rough post-exodus for a while.

But it is nice to have a forum where you don't have to watch what you say too much. Refreshing compared to, uh, other places.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Props to you EviLore EviLore for standing up to the mob and making this place a lot better than when I joined. Looking back, your only real mistake was taking too much of a backseat when things were going well and trusting this place to others who were only interested in pushing agendas rather than having discussions. I'm glad to see you back in charge and actively participating on the daily. I had no doubt that once the cancerous growth was removed this place would thrive again eventually.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I have no gifs on the ready but I've been enjoying my time here. Great discussion about many of the things I love. Let's keep the rebirth going!

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Odds we break the site tonight like the old days?

Just pray the REE Asylum doesn't get broken and they come over here and infest us. It happened some time ago when the Asylum was down for maintenance, What a fucking nightmare. They need to be contained and quarantined in their little hive mind asylum.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Actually I’m a little offended cardboard and labo wasn’t included on the toward the exciting new generation portion of your speech.

Top Bottom