• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

Lux R7

15f72c63971e5e0eba57d54b06c6171a.gif

Greedings

Around 45k posts per day, and concurrent user counts somewhere north of 10k.

The reaction system has definitely cut down on noise posts, though. We're averaging over 15k reactions per day, and many of those would be "this" and "yeah" posts otherwise.

So it’s not far off. I noticed that the threads move slower, and are much easier to follow. I thought it was purely the number of users, but the reaction stuff makes sense.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Congrats EviLore and GAF! Though I’m curious, how many are returners?

Xplainin

Banned
EviLore EviLore how did it come to pass that GAF went off the deep end with those lunatic mods that used to run it? You seem pretty centrist politically, but a heap of left wing nut jobs got mod positions and did what they wanted.

Thirty7ven

Banned
There’s a freedom here that can’t be denied.

People must be allowed to have differences of opinions. Of course when it gets out of hand they have to be banned temporarily or otherwise, as I have, but people need to be able to express themselves without constant fear of the ban hammer.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I admit I did join ResetEra when that started but it was soon made clear that I wasn't welcome there because I kept getting banned until they made it permanent LOL. It says a lot that I've had my Neogaf account for almost 6 years (and I'm still here!) but I didn't last long over there.

Anyway, i love this site. It's my go to place for video games. I sometimes still read Reddit but it's just as toxic over there at times. I feel we can all have a laugh here with each other without getting too serious. Sure, If you go over board then you'll get banned but the mods aren't out looking for people to pick on or to beat back in line. Here you don't feel like you not welcome, worrying about upsetting a banhappy mod, or having loads of people turn on you for just sharing your own thoughts/opinions.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
EviLore EviLore how did it come to pass that GAF went off the deep end with those lunatic mods that used to run it? You seem pretty centrist politically, but a heap of left wing nut jobs got mod positions and did what they wanted.

Yeah, I'm a centrist/moderate. It's a long story, but the online gaming community became very divisive around the time of the GG vs SJW war, and things went downhill rapidly from there. Woke Intersectionality gained a foothold and it doomed the place. Glad that's all relegated to the rearview now.

Dr.Morris79

Certainly one of the best gaming forums on the net. My god there have been some cess pits over the years but I love this one.
I just realised this made it seem I was calling it a cess pit here... Christ almighty.

Maybe I cant home school, read the internet AND type things.

I need a drink.

Sorc3r3r

We have a great community here, a sane and relatively civil one where differences of opinion are welcome and people can debate with facts or memes..

Yeah, keep this line.
The slippery slope is very real.
People are in a dire need of a place where, outside of personal unjustified attacks, can elaborate freely a thought, yeah, even in a videogame forum.
These kind of places are fewer and fewer and you know perfectly well, even NeoGAF was affected by that horrible trend, but in the end what came out from that was a better place, cause you understood and acknowledged the mistakes done.
Keep at it Boss.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
please don't do it anymore. I had a cat once who loved sitting in the middle of the road and cleaning herself. She was killed by a car...

Condolences about your cat. Not to worry though, that was out by Big Bend in a low traffic area and you could see the road in either direction for miles.

Top Bottom