• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf Isometric City Collaboration! YOU can help too!! (Calling Pixel Artists!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTLance

I cringe when I look at it, but no pixelized city is complete without a red double-decker dragging an ad through the skies. Just a suggestion, of course, my version doesn't really fit with the art style of the city.
2luxglf.png

Can someone make a non-ugly correctly-sized version of this?

Zaptruder said:
Not to diminish the coolness of the map, but that's not pixel art.
Yeah you're right, got a bit carried away. Lots of cool stuff added to this thread since I looked earlier, this is going to be great.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
PantherLotus said:
^^^ added!

^ Can you add some logo to the left side of the building? "SALES" or summat?

We're going to need some grass around completed buildings...

NeoGAF IsoCity
[x] Bish Ban Hammer Billboard
[x] Sales-Age: building with silly-up chart

[ ] Sports-Age: Baseball stadium, NFL/Footy Stadium, and a NHL/NBA Arena.

[ ] PoliGAF: a series of statues:
- left leaning see-saw
- The NeoGAF symbol as a globe, falling on top of Atlus
- KKK Members protesting gay marriage
- A gay dude with a duck

[ ] ReligiGAF: Atheist Church

[ ] Comic-Age:
- Wolverine O-Face
- Why So Serious Tribute

[ ] PhotoGAF: A giant camera building thing. That will be awesome.

[ ] AV GAF: A giant set of Monster gold-plated cables

[ ] Not-yet-approved: A giant pen of Juniors off on the side. Maybe sheep.

[ ] Old Man on the Scooter

[ ] FHUTA Brothel

[ ] Megaton Site (Crater)

[ ] GAF's Servers (2001: SO-style monoliths spelling out "500")

[ ] Land of the Banned

vv edited to include Mama's suggestions.

The above and any other memes need to be on a specific road, a so called meme ave.

methane47

This sucks... i wanna start on something RIGHT NOW... but now i have to wait for the change in dimensions :(

Come on guys !!! Hurry :)

Mik2121

NetMapel said:
GAF Hockey Age
nf8rn.png

10y2nev.png
Looks awesome!!!...

But I think you didn't see the conversation between Jocchan and me! :lol

The buildings will be much bigger now!. I will post a picture with the new street sizes in a couple mins!.

I've got a couple of suggestions;

A 1up Yours memorial
Mod propaganda posters plastered everywhere (EviLore is watching you etc.)- Been done already, but I mean everywhere, with different mods
The Sonic the Hedgehog Centre for Abused Mascots
Mama Robotnik's Gif Shop

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
so what software are you fellas using to make these
id like to try my hand at creating some objects

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
methane47 said:
Is this 200%??
100% I think.
It's double the previous size.

Jtwo said:
so what software are you fellas using to make these
id like to try my hand at creating some objects
You can use Graphics Gale or even Paint and Photoshop.

I made the Hot Women Thread Part Deux into a Club! The Hot Women Club, Part II!

I totally lost my touch with spriting but I managed to whip something up nonetheless. A rooftop dance floor and the GAF logo and a billboard on the side. Please alter if deemed necessary ^_^

2eukg05.png

LazyLoki

Hmm, first time doing Pixel Art AND first time using paint.net... we'll see where this one goes.

Trying something for Bavarian GAF, btw.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Pizza Luigi said:
I made the Hot Women Thread Part Deux into a Club! The Hot Women Club, Part II!

I totally lost my touch with spriting but I managed to whip something up nonetheless. A rooftop dance floor and the GAF logo and a billboard on the side. Please alter if deemed necessary ^_^

2eukg05.png

:lol :lol :lol how about a SFW bouncer?

(nice avatar btw)

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Maybe on that nightclub you could have the red/yellow/green/blue outline guys made of neon?

I really want to do something with Quantum of Solace guy but I can't think of how to make that into a building. Making a sign with him on it just seems so weak.

Also maybe some sort of hot dog factory with a hentai gift shop that Bjork could work at.

Mik2121

Jocchan, that one is awesome!!!

Also, here is the size reference:

gafbldgsizes.png

Basically take this as the minimum smallest size. A door and a really small room. Make all the doors about this size or larger, but not much smaller because they will look weird.

Go go go!!

Oh wow, this is cool. I might actually join in on this. I've only tried pixel art a few times out of my many Photoshop sessions but i think i'll finally sit down and have a go this time around. I really hope this turns out great. Maybe you can find more people on Gaming side? Not everyone comes to OT.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thanks guys :)

Mik2121 said:
Also, here is the size reference:

gafbldgsizes.png

Basically take this as the minimum smallest size. A door and a really small room. Make all the doors about this size or larger, but not much smaller because they will look weird.

Go go go!!
This needs to be in the OP, imho :O

EDIT: never mind, you added it, lol :lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
in case this is missed:

I'm just trying to start out with a box. I'm using GraphicsGale. How do I tell if i have a 30 degree angle?

Mik2121

PantherLotus said:
in case this is missed:

I'm just trying to start out with a box. I'm using GraphicsGale. How do I tell if i have a 30 degree angle?
I don't know with that software, but if you can see each pixel, when you are drawing, instead of every 1 pixel, you go 'up' one pixel, it's every 2 pixels.

Kinda like this:

_..
__..
___..

(the dots are pixels.. but I'm not sure this wills how up correctly, lol)

Mik2121

OK guys, I have class now. I'll be a bit busy today so I'll continue collaborating whenever I'm back home! (in about 6 hours from now?..)

newgafcityrender02b.png

Keep doing new buildings and other props, with at least the same quality as the building I just made!!.

(edited with some extra things... I'm already late for school, so yeah.. I don't care being another 10 mins late if I can add some stuff meanwhile :D)

Twig

Banned
For consistency's sake I think we should settle on a black outline or on a colored outline. Your building has a black outline, but the two people have a colored outline. It's going to be kind of weird.

Also I need to start on something I guess. But what! D:

Mik2121

TheOneGuy said:
For consistency's sake I think we should settle on a black outline or on a colored outline. Your building has a black outline, but the two people have a colored outline. It's going to be kind of weird.

Also I need to start on something I guess. But what! D:
My building doesn't have black outline except for the stuff that's grey.
But yeah, colored outlines.

Mik2121

TheOneGuy said:
Well, you know what I mean. ):
Yep. And yeah, we will go with colored outlines.

And now I'm seriously going to class!. I'll reply back once I'm at school in front of a computer :D
And NetMapel, your hockey ring is cool but you zoomed it up and now it's all blurry :(

Thai

Bane was better.
some of this is really awesome!

Some ideas:
-something for G.A.M.E., they make awesome tracks, maybe a stadium concert or something?
-a bunch of trolls fighting some sort of 3 way console war?
-maybe they could be fighting in front of the banned desert
-half of virgin gaf fawning over megan fox, the other half decrying her clubbed thumb
-a photoshop army

LazyLoki

At first, i wanted to make a beer tent. Perhaps not the best idea for the first Pixel Art ever.
But i made a little Bavarian :D

Bierkrug.png

Yaweee

What will the Land of Banned entail? Will it be one all-encompassing placeholder, or specific buildings or avatars in reference to specific deceased, secluded from the rest of the city like a leper colony?

I've never done any pixel art before, but now that I have my first 30 degree line, how hard can the rest be? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom