• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yazuka

Here is everything I bought in June. This month will probably be a little easier on the wallet.

2012-06-15-LollipopChainsaw02.jpg

Got a PS Vita, with Uncharted and Gravity Rush. I got the and memory card for free with the other stuff.
2012-06-27-PSVitaspel.jpg

And then I got Trails in the Sky, got it cheap from the EU PSN store.
2012-06-27-TrailsintheSky.jpg

Ban Puncher

RPyQL.jpg

Initially I baulked at 'The New 52' concept as nothing more than a half-hearted marketing stunt that would be quickly buried and forgotten but I've found it to be a good jumping in point. Haven't ever really been into 'cape & cowl' comics but the Batman Inc book has been surprisingly good. If anyone has some recommendations of other new DC reboots to watch out for I'm all ears.

Hit Girl because children using harsh language makes me giggle.

Games and Kubricks. Nothing beats that new smell from either.

Chairhome

RPyQL.jpg

Initially I baulked at 'The New 52' concept as nothing more than a half-hearted marketing stunt that would be quickly buried and forgotten but I've found it to be a good jumping in point. Haven't ever really been into 'cape & cowl' comics but the Batman Inc book has been surprisingly good. If anyone has some recommendations of other new DC reboots to watch out for I'm all ears.

Hit Girl because children using harsh language makes me giggle.

Games and Kubricks. Nothing beats that new smell from either.

Hit Girl was pretty good. Batman Inc was decent too, but a lot of setup (and retconning?). You should check out a trade of the recent Batman stuff. Snyder is doing some cool things. "The Black Mirror" is like a horror graphic novel.
------
Pixar stamps. (I don't know how to hotlink the pic from instagram)

Ban Puncher

Hit Girl was pretty good. Batman Inc was decent too, but a lot of setup (and retconning?). You should check out a trade of the recent Batman stuff. Snyder is doing some cool things. "The Black Mirror" is like a horror graphic novel.
------
Pixar stamps. (I don't know how to hotlink the pic from instagram)

Thanks for the heads up on The Black Mirror. I'm kind of keen to check out The Court of Owls collected but it's only available in hardcover at the moment. Will wait for a trade or go the digital route if I wait it out for a Surface or grab a new iPad sooner.

Deli Bacon... OMG...
IMG_2854.jpg

Possibly the only anime I will spend money on this year.. the Promo Heaven Coin is sweet.
IMG_2863.jpg

Limited Blue Bash
IMG_2862.jpg

Though not a pick-up, I did dig these 1990 Revlon Mario Shampoo/bubble bath's out of my basement yesterday.
IMG_2861.jpg

Not got any pictures of them, because they're not new pick-ups, but I finally got a display shelf, mainly so my Codex Edition of Brotherhood wasn't sitting in a cupboard somewhere. Also decided to stick my Collector's Edition Skyward Sword guide and OoT 3D guides up there.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Are these the complete series? Or just the movies with bonus stuff? Do they have eng subs and are they region free?

One of my favorite Mech animes. Always wanted to have the blu-rays but they were just the movies.

They're the full OVAs in the original format (gunbuster ep 6 is windowboxed), and they both have brand new science lesson omakes and brought back the original seiyuus. A lot of fun. :) No subs though.

Mr. Sam

Is that lens cleaning disc necessary? I have Wii for a long time and it works fine (without lens cleaning kit).

Super Smash Bros. was displaying an error message constantly. I asked a friend and he told me that cleaning the lens would likely solve the problem. Lo and behold, it did! Well, it will still crash if I try to play Smashville, but beggars can't be choosers.

It looks like a wilted banana peel.

Why not just get rid of it?

It's since been untied and put on the side. I'm pretty confident I won't accidentally chuck the remote at my TV or a pet or something, though you never know.

7ff8593b.jpg

P4 looks amazing on the Vita screen. Also the first Vita game I've ever bought with a physical instruction manual!
It's a single sheet of paper, folded in half

Chaotox

Neo Member
I bought her too! Ain't she gorgeous?

She is absolutely amazing.
But I'm still waiting for the release of three other figurines from Guilty Crown, Tales of Xillia and Madoka Magica.

And I forgot to post this yesterday:
61zvy.png

Gravity Rush (US PSVita)

Simpsonology

Neo Member
Super Smash Bros. was displaying an error message constantly. I asked a friend and he told me that cleaning the lens would likely solve the problem. Lo and behold, it did! Well, it will still crash if I try to play Smashville, but beggars can't be choosers.

It's since been untied and put on the side. I'm pretty confident I won't accidentally chuck the remote at my TV or a pet or something, though you never know.

Yeah I got the same message from SSB though that was the only game to show that error.

canocha

Project Zero 2: Wii Edition and Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir
PPcNe.jpg

Project Zero 2 has a special AR thingy to use on Spirit Camera btw.

Final Fantasy III and Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
oBVYx.jpg

Mr. Sam

Yeah I got the same message from SSB though that was the only game to show that error.

I'm told it's because Smash Bros. has a dual-layered disc - which is fairly uncommon for Wii games - and so it's harder to read for used Wiis, particularly those as grubby as mine.

Bentendo

Went to a fireworks stand in my city, found these:

Awesome. The RDR one cost me $19.99 and the Punch-Out one cost me 7.99

Went to a fireworks stand in my city, found these:

Awesome. The RDR one cost me $19.99 and the Punch-Out one cost me 7.99

Yes, I love when fireworks do this. Makes it 10x more awesome even though if it just said something like "Loud Explosion" it would be the same thing.

553197_10101417076399394_304031598_n.jpg

Kotobukiya Bishoujo figures from AX

560962_10101417077731724_1199980661_n.jpg

Atelier Annie, Rhapsody, RE: Afterlife 3D, Alien Anthology, Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 Lim.edition.

Gameboy415

My local Goodwill continues to be awesome!

1207-Games1.jpg

PS1 - Alien Trilogy - $2.99 & CIB
PS1 - Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes - $2.99 & CIB
PS1 - Silent Hill - $2.99 & CIB
PS2 - Champions of Norrath - $3.99 & CIB
PS2 -Red Dead Revolver - $3.99 & CIB
PS2 - Rampage: Total Destruction - $3.99 & CIB
PS2 - Timesplitters: Future Perfect - $3.99 & CIB
PS2 - Winback - $3.99 & CIB

Plus I got ~30% off between my Goodwill card & a birthday coupon so I only paid ~$19 out of pocket (I had a few bucks in store credit too).

I think someone unloaded their entire Playstation collection because there were a TON of games on the rack today.
There were a lot more decent games, but most of them I already had, were in bad shape, or weren't complete (missing manuals, box art, etc.).
Plus there was an annoying reseller guy with a handheld scanner who was blocking most of the rack and didn't move an inch when I said "excuse me" and went to grab a game.
I was worried he grabbed some amazing stuff before I got there but the only thing of interest I saw in his cart was Final DOOM for PS1.

I might swing by again tomorrow to see if they put out anything new! :D

mr_toa

Spend my last allocated gadget for 2012 on some new bike computer love:

iYFXGZxzOAnK3.JPG

Fantastic product, highly recommended.

Top Bottom