• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Wubby

Went on a shopping trip to Nagoya and picked up some new model kits for the stash.

Some of the newer Banda B-Club Gundam releases:

1/72 scale aircraft:

Sethos

Banned
Crosspost from New PC thread, picked up a new keyboard.

iRO8f1CIIeSDM.png

ibwr68uWzQHhOa.png

ib1s7QohPP2zkz.png

kitsuneyo

Haven't posted in quite a while so a heads up and sorry for the length!

Well, I got myself some workout gear, running headphones and a Fuelband for keeping track of it all.

2YVkQl.jpg

I really like those shoes. Do you mind saying where you got them as I need a pair myself.

Coconut

Banned
Not a very good pic but ah well...

- Pandora's Tower for Wii
- Arcade Mania
- Izuna & Golden Sun for DS
- Majin Tensei II & Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei

I've always been interested in Izuna but can never get an understanding of how that game plays from videos and junk.

Sethos

Banned
Nice keyboard!

What are your impressions? Liking it so far? I'm debating if I should get one myself.

I'm loving it to bits.

Coming from the SS 6Gv2 and Corsair K90, this is a massive step up. The tactile feedback is so much better and even has actual click sounds - There's something magical about writing a simple post on this keyboard. The quality is great and the key weight is spot-on. Best Mechanical keyboard I've ever used for sure plus it looks great.

Compared to those half-arsed cheaply made mechanical keyboards from the game peripheral producers, this is in another league.

Cheddahz

Banned
283722_3885198302459_228606809_n.jpg

Fun Fact #1: I'm not the girl, that's actually my girlfriend
Fun Fact #2: I'm the only person in my town that pre-ordered this game and when I went up to pick it up, the cashier didn't know what game I was talking about

Izick

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/283722_3885198302459_228606809_n[IMG]

Fun Fact #1: I'm not the girl, that's actually my girlfriend
Fun Fact #2: I'm the only person in my town that pre-ordered this game and when I went up to pick it up, the cashier didn't know what game I was talking about[/QUOTE]

Not to sound creepy, but she's very pretty! Also, what kind of game is that? I don't think I have heard of it until now.

eXistor

Managed to get a decent price on Duck Tales 2 (decent-ish). SF Command I picked up just to round off the Star Fox collection.

lzUiC.jpg

DR2K

Banned
That's fucking crazy. Sorry to hear that. What was the situation, if you don't mind my asking?

I asked to be taken off the scedule until I was paid, owner said he wasn't going to pay me and didn't know when(paychecks were already 4 days late again). Called the manager so she wouldn't add me on the schedule and got fired. Hopefully I can post a picture of a new job by the end of this thread.

NFreak

I am finally joining the master race with my first PC build. I just thought I'd go with an affordable mid-range build for now but I am very happy with it so far.

EoPCV.jpg

9a3os.jpg

I need to get a new keyboard at some point too but the one I'm using works fine for now.

zoku88

Nice keyboard!

What are your impressions? Liking it so far? I'm debating if I should get one myself.

I have the same model he does. (complete with no lettering), and I can say that it's totally awesome.

I feel like I should have gotten the letter (ordering without was an accident.) I'm so bad with non alphabet keys :-/

TriAceJP

jytVd.jpg

Pimpin' ain't easy but it's necessary.

Sorry about the crap photo, I need to install the HD Camera APK for my phone it seems. Update must have removed it.

JackEtc

Chrome Blue Xbox 360 Controller from Gamestop arrived in the mail today:

xxx5O.jpg

Really awesome looking, although concerned about sweaty hands with it, since it feels a lot different from the standard black/white controllers.

I'm still not sure if I should get that, or the Aeron for my new computer chair... but this piece of shit from Ikea that I've been using for the last 3 years needs to go.

I wouldn't get the Aeron since Its overpriced for what it is, and it isn't nearly as ergonomic as some people think. The Sayl looks good for the money. Either way, you should wait 6 months until the next 15% off Herman Miller sale if you aren't aware.

I've had my Embody for a year and love it.

Where did you get it at?

Local furniture store. Lots of online retailers (Amazon, SmartFurniture) sell it as well but I decided to go with my local store because they ordered a store model that I could test.

I'm still not sure if I should get that, or the Aeron for my new computer chair... but this piece of shit from Ikea that I've been using for the last 3 years needs to go.

I used an Ikea chair for three years as well. The best way to decide is to take you laptop to a local Herman Miller retailer and spend a bit of time in each. (I checked with my store and they were nice enough to tell me when they usually have less foot traffic and allowed me to spend a reasonable amount of time in each).

Also, like Valkyr Junkie said, you might also consider their semi-annual 15% sale. The last one was in the first two weeks of June which was when I ordered mine.

DR2K

Banned
Chrome Blue Xbox 360 Controller from Gamestop arrived in the mail today:

xxx5O.jpg

Really awesome looking, although concerned about sweaty hands with it, since it feels a lot different from the standard black/white controllers.

Wow looks exactly like my old Power Rangers movie figure.

I6qyO.jpg

Madworld and Hunted were paid for last month, but arrived on Monday. Picked up Jak & Daxter and Dead Rising on sale on Sunday. Project Zero 2 (Eeeeeeee) and Kirby's Epic Yarn turned up today.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I wouldn't get the Aeron since Its overpriced for what it is, and it isn't nearly as ergonomic as some people think. The Sayl looks good for the money. Either way, you should wait 6 months until the next 15% off Herman Miller sale if you aren't aware.

I've had my Embody for a year and love it.

I used an Ikea chair for three years as well. The best way to decide is to take you laptop to a local Herman Miller retailer and spend a bit of time in each. (I checked with my store and they were nice enough to tell me when they usually have less foot traffic and allowed me to spend a reasonable amount of time in each).

Also, like Valkyr Junkie said, you might also consider their semi-annual 15% sale. The last one was in the first two weeks of June which was when I ordered mine.

Yeah, I'd definitely wait for the sale. Wasn't really the time for me to buy the chair during this last sale, but next time? Probably. I did sit in the Aeron when I was at DWR last time, and it was mad comfortable. But one of my friends, who has the Embody swears that it's absolutely the better chair.

Not necessarily loving the idea of dropping a ton of money on a computer chair, but considering how much one uses it and how unpleasant it is to use a crappy one... it's probably worth it, somehow.

Anybody else seeing this one?
DGRtA.png

WHAT... HAVE YOU DONE??

I almost forgot my favourite pick-up! (Partly because it's the only one I've played so far, but mostly because it has been brilliant)

IKZsd.jpg

Top Bottom