• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Feeling whites and greys...
BF5841E1-500F-4124-AD8F-5A2E93064FF4_zpstmm6ijyj.jpg

Forsete

Premium Swiss made Reilang oil can.
28350963315_337733b430_b.jpg

Quick Change Tool Post.. premium? Nah. Made in the USA(?)
28252326161_26534be698_b.jpg

Premium brass rods
28350994775_ef587c8f61_b.jpg

Forsete

Making anything specific with that brass?

Yes and no. Mostly learning.
I have more experience with steel and stainless since that is what I normally work with. But that is messy to work with, requires a lot of coolant and since I am so used to it - it becomes boring.

Brass is a wonderful material to work with. I have made a few useful household items out of the brass rods.

Brass shavings that I collected. Apparently useful for blueing.
28137846581_4a96375bce_b.jpg
[

Some fun stuff for the last month or so.

28071609180_8c7fdeccf0_b.jpg

Grey market 50mm Prime and a filter

28071610990_606fd90097_b.jpg

Dell XPS 13 Skylake

28275428051_12caed1bc6_b.jpg

AmazonBasics 11" sleeve for it

28071612820_668f991039_b.jpg

Uncharted 4 SE - Prime Day deal

28275431141_ce856bcaf5_b.jpg

Been a Hammer for a decade, and I finally got a chance to see them in person.

And apparently I need to fix my watermark...

Some fun stuff for the last month or so.

28319449276_f421aa0a11_b.jpg

Grey market 50mm Prime and a filter

28319452846_10e7a50c0b_b.jpg

Dell XPS 13 Skylake

27737013534_a9b095a28b_b.jpg

AmazonBasics 11" sleeve for it

27737011024_0a1e5f503c_b.jpg

Uncharted 4 SE - Prime Day deal

27737016014_43b55debdc_b.jpg

Been a Hammer for a decade, and I finally got a chance to see them in person.

And apparently I need to fix my watermark...

The Rail Hawks!!!! Nice, so you must live local. I live in Hillsborough.

Atlanta. Did the drive up on gameday then had to come back.

I lived in Greenville NC about a decade ago, always liked driving into the Triangle.

Upgraded my GTX 970 to a GTX 1070. Stuck with EVGA because they've always done right by me. Keeps very cool, too. Under load I'm usually running at about 66 degrees.

img_0122c2zyv.jpg

Koppai

Today is my 27th birthday and my Mom got me this:

DqtX34N.jpg

VwQF9hC.jpg

I invited a bunch of friends and while not all showed up the table was still full at the restauraunt and I had fun. Considering when I was young I didn't know so many amazing people so I'm having a great birthday :)

bkw

Today is my 27th birthday and my Mom got me this:

DqtX34N.jpg

VwQF9hC.jpg

I invited a bunch of friends and while not all showed up the table was still full at the restauraunt and I had fun. Considering when I was young I didn't know so many amazing people so I'm having a great birthday :)

That's awesome! Cool mom. I kinda wish I still got birthday cakes themed with the things I like.

FFVIII vinyl, Radiant Historia and some WoW soundtracks.

I just wish Blizzard sold complete physical soundtracks with all patch and raid music included. :(

27747619674_e82cc97d9e_o.png
28081335290_12f3e891c2_o.png

27747619854_d39eecbbd9_o.png

Spent money I don't have on an iPad. Figure I'll pay it off once I sell the house. Wanted to treat myself but I'm struggling with allowing myself to enjoy things. I also signed up for an Adobe subscription - their apps on the iPad are pretty darn neat. I'm not a great drawer but I had tons of fun doodling. I could stand to learn to draw...

Yeah I went to ECU. Greenville us something. Especially at Halloween.

Greenville was interesting. A bit too small of a town for us at the time, but it might be more our speed now. Still too far away from relatives and good beaches to ever be an option again.

I have the same laptop, it works perfectly with Linux.

No plans for that. Work is all Windows-based, and I do have a Lubuntu laptop to play around with.

Nice. I use the 35mm prime and it is so fast and the DOF is amazing. Great lenses for how cheap they are.

The 35mm practically lives on the camera, and is what all these shots are with. Have the 18-55 kit lens and a Tokina 35-200 manual zoom lens from my FM2. Not entirely sure what I'd like to grab next.

Blablurn

Spent money I don't have on an iPad. Figure I'll pay it off once I sell the house. Wanted to treat myself but I'm struggling with allowing myself to enjoy things. I also signed up for an Adobe subscription - their apps on the iPad are pretty darn neat. I'm not a great drawer but I had tons of fun doodling. I could stand to learn to draw...

good purchase mate

How do you like it? How is the cooling on it?

Love it thus far. It was really between this and a Macbook Pro, but this won due to the need for Windows and price. Love the soft touch on the palm rest, and the touchpad is very good. Keys have better travel than the 12" Macbook. 13" screen in a 11" body. Haven't used this one for more than about an hour at a time, but the one I tried out first (4GB model) let me work for hours on end. Battery life should get me through an eight-hour day with no issues, since I opted for the 1080P matte display. I love how tiny and light it is.

I had a ProBook 4540s before this, and that thing would absolutely roast your nuts. Even with a couch pillow in between, you could still feel the heat. I'm typing this with it sitting directly on my upper legs, with jeans on. I can feel that the laptop is on and not cold, but other than that it is not uncomfortable. Very low fan output, at least during normal tasks. It's like a cat breathing on you or something. You could easily have this with direct skin contact and use it for awhile.

I would say that my only real complaint is where the Function button is, or rather how Home and End are implemented. Can't go to the top or bottom of a page one-handed easily. If that's all I ever have to complain about, I'm doing well.

Ecto311

gfKsen2l.jpg

9dBgKgBl.jpg

wqtSZxZl.jpg

Got this today. Gamestop held it for me from yesterday since someone didn't come in for theirs or something. Not sure if I should open it or resell it. Tried selling my Pokemon edition open but 100% complete and it's a huge pain in the ass. People want 900 pictures from all angles and then say they will pass. Complaining about the price when I can trade it into amazon for more. I don't know but I don't need two of them for sure. The pokemon on is cooler but too small for my hands.

Just arrived.

I wanted something that plugs in through USB port so that I can use this with the Corsair Lapdog. I could buy another Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro II, but I wanted to hear how improved Creative/Sound Blaster has evolved into.

Hence this: Sound BlasterX H7 Pro Gaming & High Definition 7.1 capable headphones.

8WPvZuH.jpg

NolEVev.jpg

COHeYIh.jpg

1iXuxH3.jpg

r8rkhgz.jpg

The box packaging made it looked like I was buying a bowl of salad. :p

Apt101

July thus far:

- World of Warcraft potion LED desk lamp, changes colors from shades of red, blue, green and purple

- a 2DS with Mario Kart 7 and Final Fantasy Explorers (I sold my 3DS a long time ago, decided I wanted something Nintendo again)

- Link pint glass, different image on the rear

- Good Smile Link Nendoroid

- Song of the Deep PS4

vt4wHGs.jpg

-DC Comics Multiverse Suicide Squad Harley Quinn figure
-DC Comics Multiverse Suicide Squad Deadshot figure

I got Harley on the 5th, and Deadshot today. I'm still looking for the Walmart exclusive Rick Flag and El Diablo figures.

Traxtech

I went all out this month, i was in another state for 2 weeks due to visiting friends but the weather was absolutely terrible so i sat inside playing my friends PS4 most of the time.

Safe to say i was sold, and memories/nostalgia of all my prior playstation 1/2 gaming came back to me and considering I've been a strictly PC gamer for a very long time this was weird to me. I even purchased a ton of games i've already 100% on PC just for trophies...

I bought a 500GB console and threw a 1TB SSHD in it . I then realized my 1440p 27inch monitor just wasn't cutting it, sure it worked but it just wasn't ideal for couch gaming and being far away.

Here's what i bought and make shifted since i am renting and cannot get the go ahead for a wall mount for the damn tv -.-

l2ggFlB.jpg

FFSWypA.jpg

FSdrpaG.jpg

Kn1RCIN.jpg

m0gi1Wo.jpg

TKR92

Spent too much in July. I'm forever broke. LOL

Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami (Korean Edition)

27661476404_3f18f7e73b.jpg

Ko Shibasaki Live Tour 2015 こううたう Blu-ray

27699047383_67f46a4985.jpg

John Digweed Live in Montreal CD Sets - Such an awesome live mix. 11 hours!!!

28275164025_2911531a10.jpg

B&O Beoplay H7 Wireless Headphone - I could not pass Amazon Prime Day deal. Duh

28300818226_43b45fc76f.jpg

Common Projects Achilles Low Black / Mint - found very good deals for both

28280820066_f66849cc06.jpg

27718673784_43df965b14.jpg

Adidas Deconstructed Stan Smith (Barneys New York Exclusive)

28331682202_a98ac4baa0.jpg

Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged Triple Black

27807013043_c0746c95dd.jpg

Gamble

It's been an expensive month so far....

My GF saw this in Gamestop and thought it looked interesting so I picked it up for her. She's not a gamer but she's been playing it non-stop since I brought it home.

Figured I'd finally try and get an IT Cert, seemed like a decent place to start given my current position, hope to take it in October

Couldn't believe I found this book for so cheap and in such great condition, I'm replacing my whole collection of Dinotopia books that were lost in various moves throughout my life.

After a long and irritating battle I've finally parted ways with T-mobile. Decided to try out Project Fi since a friend of mine seems to love it. Grabbed a 32GB Gold Nexus 6P for only $350

Saw this in the store for only $20 so I couldn't pass it up, picked up a few games below for it as well, paid just under $50 for the system and 3 games and a memory card.

Adding to my GF Ace Attorney/Professor Layton collection :)

A few additions to the rebuilding of my own 3DS collection

After a long and irritating battle I've finally parted ways with T-mobile. Decided to try out Project Fi since a friend of mine seems to love it. Grabbed a 32GB Gold Nexus 6P for only $350

Welcome to the fold! Enjoy now using...T-mobile's network (and Sprint). I don't use a lot of data (I'm almost always on wifi) so Fi has been fantastic for me. I also live in a major city though, so I always have service.

L.O.R.D

just snagged those babies for really cheap price.

3 PS TVs for $47 ($15.40 for one)
there is 3 free games in the bundle (however they are EU games)

Cn0rShDWEAA5w4W.jpg

Gamble

I would highly recommend the www.professormesser.com Website to get a TON of information for free for any CompTIA classes and certs. They even do chat room discussions for people who want to test. Just find the Net+ videos section and go from there.

Yeah I was recently put onto his site by a former coworker, I've been watching his videos religiously over the last few weeks regarding the Network+ cert and it's definitely helping.

Forsete

Finger indicator. A Chinese copy of the Mitutoyo, so it is called Metutoyo and made in Jepan. :p
The real ones are pretty expensive (~$250 with stand), but this seems to perform OK and it was only $22 with the magnetic stand.

27821353933_4ca310bef4_b.jpg

And I couldn't help myself, a ultra cheap ($7) Chinese micrometer.
28154555060_c2404ce5a4_b.jpg

A little flaky accuracy though, around +/- 0.01 mm (0.0004 inches)

I have a proper NSK Japanse micrometer though, and it is spot on.
28154555250_2a1f09c477_b.jpg

Scissor style knurling tool, huge improvement over the bump style.
28437414755_a85e937b7f_b.jpg

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yeah I was recently put onto his site by a former coworker, I've been watching his videos religiously over the last few weeks regarding the Network+ cert and it's definitely helping.

Cool!

I might also recommending paying to use www.test-King.com practice test software when you think you're ready. It does cost money for a multi-month license but between tha and Professor Messer, passing was easy.

Mithos

Nice, been thinking of replacing my case fans for those Corsair ones, any noticeable quietness with them?

Well I exchanged the case-fan because the old one was busted (bad bearings) and it was noisy like hell , now its like it used to be.

Arc07

Just put the finishing touches on my new computer. It's the first rigid tubing system I've done. Sorry for the crummy cell pics. Parts list.

Uv5xXx0l.jpg

VNjPnBFl.jpg

WNIgp1Wl.jpg

j903Prxl.png

All that's left is the ROG Swift PG348Q which should be here this week and the inevitible release of the ROG Claymore mechanical keyboard.

Top Bottom