• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

naib

swwaAUF.jpg

New TV just in time for Evo finals. Haven't even taken protective plastic off. Still cautiously evaluating the thing and tweaking the settings.
Sorry for potato.

Bought two of these so I could try one. Not a big candy guy, but wtf?

go8cgZbb.jpg

Coming from a 670ftw this thing is blowing my mind. My monitor is only 1080p mind you, but runs most my games way over the monitor's refresh rate. I'm a very happy camper.

Will probably get a steamlink later down the line. =D

illusionary

A few new SteelBooks here - Mad Max for PS4 (admitedly, just a 'metal case' rather than a proper SteolBook), Quantum Break for Xbox One and the blu-ray of Gravity:

beFPr5N.jpg

Yup, me too. Rebuying what I foolishly sold.

Yea, A lot of those were stolen from my house years ago and I recently saw that they are no longer producing DS carts at factories and just bit the bullet and am trying to find all the best DS games since someone stole every single one I owned

Big month for me. A new (first) house that I'll upload once I take a decent photograph and a new company car

kLRNT8B.jpg

KMIyk6Q.jpg

Please excuse the annoyingly off centre photography

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Ah, my new monitor finally arrived :)

L91tFTG.jpg

All that is left - get the 1070 which should be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait to finally get rid of this old and shitty TV (which only supports 1360x768 when connected to PC btw) or I can use it as my second display for something else, but I haven't decided yet.

While I really like my M510, this is a real big upgrade. Amazon DOTD.

28372257892_ed178c2f01_b.jpg

Cheap everyday Asics on sale from Newegg.

28398813091_e6d2653b69_b.jpg

Waited on the extended edition to check this movie out, we'll see.

27860777704_1019910fc0_b.jpg

What the hell is up with the focus on that one...

Ecto311

Very jealous of that Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Been trying to nab a copy for a decent price for well over a year.

I got 2 copies for $5 at walmart years ago - seen the deal on cheapassgamer. Then a few years later I needed cash and ebayed them for a lot more. Seen a copy in walmart last week for $5 still. Might check some of those if you have some out of the way rednecky ones no one buys anything electronic.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Your company car is a Jag? I was lucky to get an Impala....

Until you said that, I scrolled past it quickly and thought it was a Dodge Charger lol

New pickup for me:

hdd_small_zpspt1grfne.jpg

Western Digital 1TB USB 3.0 hdd, My Passport Ultra. Very cheap, way more space than I need, and very quiet too. It's my first external drive and I'm impressed so far. Before this I was backing up my data on my 2 32GB USB flash drives (one 2.0 and one 3.0).

pariah164

Went to Barnes and Noble, where I saw this:

Immediate thought afterwards:

I love Funko mystery boxes, and this one was biiiig, so I was very happy to fork over $30 for it. Even if I wasn't too hot about the contents, Funko quality is 9 times out of 10 sweet as hell, so I saw no bad side to this.

That and since I am once again unable to go to Comicon, I decided to treat myself.

Inside the box...

Ohhhh. Yeah.

My first ever non-anime Funkos, and first ever Funko bobblehead. I would have preferred Harley instead of Croc, but just having anything Suicide Squad in the box was sweet.

Of course I would get the demon spawn from the Frozen movie. May give this one to one of my younger cousins.

This one, however, is mine and will immediately go on my keychain to chill with my mini TARDIS and Azura from FE Fates.

Of course there are blind boxes in my blind box. Blind boxception.

Inside...

Another Iron Man bobblehead. Hulkbuster is cool, so I am fine with this. As for the Minion, those little dudes are pretty cute, soo I'm fine rocking the tiny one on my shelf. It's not too big.

So that's it for the Funko box, but I also picked up an anime figure, since apparently, a random box of Japanese weeb anime merch hits their toy shelves every week.

Rosenburg Engel, AKA Ranko Kanzaki. My favorite of the Cinderella Girls, next to Kaede. After about fifteen minutes of not figuring out how to set up the stand that came with it, I just set it up so they were doing a duet.

Don't be fooled; that background falls down if I so much as touch the stand wrong.

Now, to find space on my shelves for all this...

already posted this in the automotive thread, but my biggest purchase of the year is a new car. Its a 98 volvo s70 turbo

DSCN2540.jpg

also got a game
DSCN2537.jpg

and some guitar strings
DSCN2539.jpg

enewtabie

Added a few more pieces to the computer build. Got my motherboard/and another cpu cooler. Not sure which one I'm using yet.

ReaperM3

Neo Member
Good Pickup for me this month

Sony XBR-55930D

Trying out some HDR demos on this tv and it looks amazing!
IMG_7734_zps4fshp94k.jpg

Also picked up 3 chocolate HDMI cables to hook up with my TV, Xbox One and PS4. Didn't know the released RE5 for the PS4 and it was only $15 so i couldn't pass that up.
IMG_9458_zpspurpujqc.jpg

And last but not least, I picked up a pair of the V-Moda Crossfade M-100's.
IMG_4734_zpsfpaffaat.jpg

Olengie

Pick Ups over the past few months. Sorry for the bad pic quality in some of them.

From Heavy Arms. Had money this time to get in on the pre orders. I don't have to worry about getting them anymore.

Since we're not getting Persona 5 till next year, this will be my consolation prize.

All of these came from Gamestop besides Zero Time Dilemma and Octodad. Despite the shit Gamestop gets, they're pretty much the reliable way to get Vita games besides Amazon.

My local Gamestop actually had Bayonetta 2 + 1. Snatched that up since I missed it.

Please Teacher has been one of my favorite animes for the longest time. Finnaly got it. I bought the top 4 from GoHastings a while back from what was probably from their last good sale imo. Rip GoHastings. Bottom 4 were from Righstuf.

28550636655_88151f7a19_b.jpg

We upgraded from an old 32" LG 1080p TV to a cheap 49" LG 4K TV this month (thanks Prime Day!). My six year old GTX 570 won't even output that high a resolution! Oh well, gonna have to get a GTX 1080 now...

Qasiel

So glad to finally have this one!

Wait, they remade The Blob?! That's one of the first films my folks owned on Betamax! Scared the crap out of me as a kid!

Fake edit: They remade it in 1988... I have no idea how this one's passed me by.

meppi

Wait, they remade The Blob?! That's one of the first films my folks owned on Betamax! Scared the crap out of me as a kid!

Fake edit: They remade it in 1988... I have no idea how this one's passed me by.

You've never seen the 1988 version!?
I highly recommend it as it's one of those classic horror movies that they just don't make anymore. Fantastic practical effects and a fun story.
Never thought I'd see the day that I'd have it on Bluray since barely anyone ever talks about it.

On a similar note, I've just ordered the Bluray from Braindead as well. This one came out in Spain for some reason. US as well it seems.
You know, "I kick ass for the lord!". :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhs5LCNTFY

Found this little lot whilst having a quick look in my old room at my Parent's house.

k_05RrVuHK1vskjT7MKw62bNA1doqFSSCGrhAuQA7WMMpjsUAoP8xnLcGFMAZOy-ElIm7LBa2FxrxJQfjglvGBvWVetIZJDEk8-3LX1zkBm-0z_v5dVgfgujUtPWpxmWud31VJp-58E0RHmuUXq_8tdMdN5FaesjFDEfIrBqUS7OSVpBmebjwh5bqQWiOJcDA9r_EEV75vuTkjjzEjuGFjl3u5GOtPhi-rN7I5DkrYRNJVjFtS6pV4uzh7AOEB73ooY2bywwpJEfoQyeHhpbHIIuNJmhJY8zUXrtZYGkffiP0-oo2535MW7qUAotSuzse_k2mBu79yR6zX7emDfpsyhs0j3c-fTj6kUMSPvqaIz97_nG8ycxKJ3PPBYj2y8nxdthtaO2SnzeF8gEw_sYfqASk7YqU3jIkV3mazYBrH2m-l8EETZJyjzoQObkMlEvhXQrx-VLDDYHZTsv-QzKCbxaHafO0NRXrgVS-SA4_DluJFApf0kCrI_TlBIE2HH1IdquRAIpfqxF4IrHwKEdja70jeBeqrzhUMxwzOjo3D7a7VU0CSWIt5AmHrimfy_km-ONUfrhpyme5vTYzspRfXYnyB5rA1k=w1144-h643-no

The GBA is absolutely mint, not a mark on it. As are the games to be fair. I know the display boxes are somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find them.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
13724761_968196859959993_38796179_n.jpg

The NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game exclusive figure set is so awesome. Gotta love that arcade marquee art!

13712174_312965239037124_219841180_n.jpg

Do you remember love? I love classic Macross/ROBOTECH!!

13715081_1761467717402744_1538562726_n.jpg

artgerm's latest art book full of goodies!

13712386_1087671824619402_274890571_n.jpg

Stealth camo, huh?

13743127_295485084133232_5603951_n.jpg

So good I had to get two of these. Awesome art from Becky Cloonan, too!

13734317_911278978998697_391836542_n.jpg

Udon's SSF2T limited (to 125 framed sets) pin set with exclusive airplane/logo pin. So excited to have this!

13745120_524967684359715_602675907_n.jpg

One of my favorite game devs and my favorite 'TEKKEN' character ;)

13703025_301798536832229_1655210853_n.jpg

Grabbed another pair of the Air More Uptempo while I was in Las Vegas for EVO!

13562026_1771639633078788_1252033541_n.jpg

OVERWATCH BOYZ

13636018_817299875072373_880380445_n.jpg

DUCK HUNT Vans Skate Lows!

Slowly rebuilding my PC game collection from childhood (sold some and others were thrown away when i left for college :( )

Also have ordered the Saitek X52 for No Man's Sky, and am reading the old Analog books (lower right) to get me in a classic sci/fi mood :)

Gamble

Slowly rebuilding my PC game collection from childhood (sold some and others were thrown away when i left for college :( )

Also have ordered the Saitek X52 for No Man's Sky, and am reading the old Analog books (lower right) to get me in a classic sci/fi mood :)

dat nostalgia

Was very kindly gifted these yesterday. Super thankful and excited. I've been wanting to play The White March I & II for a long time now but hadn't managed to get a copy. Also, the Mafia franchise is one of my favorites, and I've been a big fan for a very long time. Bought 2 as a preorder and now have 3 as a preorder as well. Really really thankful and excited :D.

Xrjkh3Z.jpg

Here's an update of the games I bought over June and July. I, uhh, kinda got carried away, but . . .

Well, anyway, here they are!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Bought a bunch of old and new stuff. Filling a lot of holes in my collection, especially RPGs. Got a bunch of bargains, too. I was going to hold off to buy DOOM and Ratchet & Clank, but their hype was too strong for me to resist, and I took the plunge the first sale I saw on Amazon. I was also happy to find the special edition of Dark Souls II with the paper slip that covers the box which has the PS4 logo on it. Most copies I've seen in the wild are without it. Finally, I'd been holding off buying the Cave Shooting Collection for a long time (it's so darn expensive), but when I saw Amazon was down to it's last one, I guess you could say I . . . caved (s-sorry!!). I've also been enjoying Zero Time Dilemna a hell of a lot, sad to see very few copies sold in Japan, so I hope the western sales numbers make up for it!

4.jpg

Finally, my good friend (dadjumper on GAF) is moving to Tokyo was getting rid of a bunch of his collection before his move, so I bought his Megadrive games and his copy of Flower, Sun and Rain off of him. He was kind enough to throw in Puyo Puyo Tetris for me for my birthday this month! I was stoked!

Top Bottom