• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

I've had a lot of pickups this month so far, I'll start with the most expensive.

I'm building an SR20DET, so I ordered a timing chain kit and rocker arm stoppers.
FDp9pyn.jpg

Also bought some games and manga
YDDB222.jpg

D64QjK3.jpg

and normally wouldn't post this one, but in my amazon purchase I bought batteries, and they shipped them in this box with nothing else it there. Seems like a waste of a box
6jiG5S1.jpg

Next, there were shoe sales online last week and bought each of these for under $100.
Air Jordan 1 ko and adidas tubular nova pk. Kinda wish I went half size down on the adidas.
H7KGSBs.jpg

J6UbH7H.jpg

And finally, I found out the Albertsons near my house sells Tim Tams, and I can't stop buying them.
xNTfQu1.jpg

My grandma went to USA so I sent some shirts and two 8bitdo controller from Amazon. You guys don't know how lucky are you to have Amazon in your country making deliveries to your door.

Also, got ARMS two days before launch :p

Laieon

Picked up a couple books, finally got my launch switch (technically owned one since day 1, but I live in Korea so I had to wait for my parents to ship it), a new camera, and some games (wasn't planning on picking up Arms, but my girlfriend got it for me for my birthday).

OTR01HW.jpg

RUPfg7N.jpg

9lsO9Af.jpg

fx3qHFC.jpg

illusionary

The announcement of Ori and the Will of the Wisps finally spurred me to fill the gap in my Steam library that's been waiting for the original game (which I've completed previously on Xbox One). With it costing only £3 more that the discounted digital-only version, getting the "Limited Edition" (SteelBook, soundtrack, postcards and posters) was a no-brainer!

ZVo0WHl.jpg

I've somehow managed not yet to have watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, despite being really quite interested in doing so. The SteelBook Blu-Ray + DVD package has recently been on sale for a nicely small price, so hopefully I'll finally correct this soon!

UFi7GI3.jpg

Got a pair of wireless JBL Everest 700 Elite headphones as a very early bday present (it's actually on July 1st). Also got the excellent WoFF soundtrack and Oblivion for PS3 (don't ask).

35405029986_93efff2059_o.png

tauroxd

and normally wouldn't post this one, but in my amazon purchase I bought batteries, and they shipped them in this box with nothing else it there. Seems like a waste of a box
6jiG5S1.jpg

WTF? hahahahaha indeed a waste of a box. They probably ran out of those envelope with bubble wrap lol

Been some time since I've posted here.

This is my months haul

MIWMbIw.jpg

The snorkel is flexible, literally able to crunch it into a ball.
UFNqRpj.jpg

Transmission Album from Starset. This band really grew on me.
8MetxD6.jpg
cM2adzA.jpg

Always wanted to pick this game up, love Wario games.
olUSNUO.jpg

And lastly a really cool scuba tank shaped water bottle.
yQVXiLd.jpg

illusionary

Keeping up to date with Zelda amiibo - Nintendo UK's online store haen't failed me yet. Also, my replacement BotW Link (rider) from Play-Asia arrived at the same time:

bwjR84P.jpg

6jiG5S1.jpg
I've had Nintendo's store do similar to me, though with a calendar rather than batteries. I guess that they must have had no better-sized packaging available!

eXistor

More Amiibo that I've long since stopped having actual room for. And Cave Story for Switch. You can never have enough Cave Stories.

aBCr8Um.jpg

It's been a rather expensive month for me, which is a bit disconcerting, considering I'm trying to save as much as I can for Black Friday in case a good deal on a system comes along. That said, there were quite a few things

First off, was Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord. I wasn't really planning on getting a copy, but got a coupon that knocked the price down, so I figured it'd be worth just getting it now. I've put quite a bit of time into it (maybe 15 hours?) and I'm really enjoying it thus far. It checks a lot of my favorite boxes.

sFN4Dkel.jpg

Next up was a copy of Hoshizora no Memoria from the Kickstarter they just ran. I've been watching the translation progress for a while, and once they announced the Kickstarter I decided to pounce. Plus at only $20 it's not a bad price.

06DADFFl.jpg

Third up was Clannad. I've been wanting a copy for a while, but missed out on the last sale, so made it a priority to get this as soon as the Steam Summer Sale hit. I'm enjoying it immensely thus far and am hoping it'll be a fantastic journey.

Qx6j92hl.jpg

Finally, the star of the show:

C0INDmil.jpg

I lucked out on randomly finding a copy for a really good price (somehow it was sealed, even), and after hesitating a bit decided to just jump in considering I don't think it'll be all that common a copy as time goes by. Plus, I do want to finish a Persona game. To make the pot even sweeter, it was meant to be delivered on Monday but was delivered today instead :D. The PS3 keeps on delivering :D.

All of this has set my wallet back some, but I figure it's well worth it and there's a LOT of hours in there in games that I was planning on grabbing anyways. Will need to really double down on the saving though.

batrush

Was debating between the new iPad Pro 10.5 and the new Surface Pro for a while. Actually went with the surface first but ended up returning it due to backlight bleed. Bought this instead, couldn't be happier. The pencil with this is a fucking treat to use.

eXistor

I liked the demo well enough, so after I finish Fire Emblem Echoes (nearly there) I'll give Ever Oasis a go. Also the new Tossers albums, they're always pretty great and I expect no less from this.

YF057m1.jpg

Picked up this Justice League shirt earlier today at Walmart for $7.50. I saw it like a week ago at a different Walmart, but they were always too big in size...same with another that I went to a day or two later. But I finally found one in a size that fits me!
Was debating whether to get medium or large, but went with large to get a comfier loose feel. They looked about the same size to me, anyway. Every other Walmart only had XL/2XL/3XL.

Bought a few PS3 games plus this Zelda Switch case!

FYfzqtU.jpg

It was time to buy some coffee so I chose these kinds. I know that I'm still a casual since I don't grind my own coffee beans. I'll get there someday.

8HxkBah.jpg

My copy of Ever Oasis arrived! In the same package came The Shepherd's Crown and The Long Earth (by Terry Pratchett) and a new PSP charger, I'll add a photo in a few minutes, I forgot to take one.

I also bought three games on Steam, Transistor, Costume Quest 2 and Fortix 2.

DJChuy

Had a blast at E3 last week, and got a lot of stuff in the process.
Received more swag than I expected, and bought more merchandise than I intended.

The two favorites I earned by playing the demos are the Cappy Visor from Super Mario Odyssey, and the special Steelbook case for the upcoming Ni No Kuni II.
And, course, there's the large bags I can take with me for future cons.

That Yakuza swag is really neat.

Justinh

It was time to buy some coffee so I chose these kinds. I know that I'm still a casual since I don't grind my own coffee beans. I'll get there someday.

http://i.imgur.com/8HxkBah.jpg

Big Bang sounds "interesting." lol. I've had some Peet's before but it was a different blend. I remember liking it. I haven't made myself a cup of coffee in months though, and just drink whatever crap I can get at like the canteen. Maybe I'll make one for myself this evening...
I think I'd avoid getting a cheapo blade grinder from like Wal-Mart or something if I were you. I had one and the grinds were always uneven as-f.

I replaced it a couple years with this one and I love it. It's a sight more expensive though (youtube review of it-not my video). Seems to be a lot of people complaining about the gears breaking in the reviews, though. Just make sure you get a good burr-grinder.

edit: Oh I got a Bloodborne artbook in today. Lemme take a picture.
edit2:
I didn't realize this was a paperback book until yesterday when I got the ship notice. I tried to cancel it then, but it was too late. I'm just going to keep it now.
Someone on the Amazon reviews claims that it used to say it was a hardcover book before in the page's details section. I don't know if that's true, but I do know that I wouldn't have ordered this back in January if it was paperback. Maybe it was and I didn't notice? I guess that's possible, but I think it's unlikely.

LegendX48

Last pick-ups of the month

35431302952_2a54ff7118_z.jpg

35469414671_1e94d5da6d_z.jpg

Steam Sale stuff: Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, Oneshot

Also not pictured: One 25ft cat6 ethernet cable and a five pack of 5ft cat6 ethernet cables

TacosNSalsa

fbwNhlXl.jpg

While not better for image quality than my other monitor , this only has 10ms of input lag while my other one had 28ms . So it's definitely a noticeable difference .

Strike

Pickups for the month:

IMG_20170610_085049_zpsnqj3tnfu.jpg

New shoes for work. Other pair just about had it.

DSCN1849_zpsdpdikc9v.jpg

Got these on sale. Saved even more with GCU.

IMG_20170626_183811_zpsobddpnsm.jpg

Was too young to drink this in the 90's, so once I heard that this was back I decided to grab a pack to see what the fuss was about.

062717_zpssigiqjvf.jpg

Picked these up from the mid year sale.

Top Bottom