• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
31189255353_6a3d309b01_o.png

NeoGAF JUNE 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

HAPPY 10 YEARS NEOGAF! Last November, we celebrated the 10 year anniversary of this thread! Here's to many more!

Dear NeoGAF,

May is gone and next is June! E3 is in a few weeks. Are you excited for the future of gaming?

Hoping for the best for everyone on GAF that reads/browses this thread.

FIVE MONTHS DOWN. SEVEN MORE TO GO.

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from May 2017. As we go through June 2017, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

Way too busy to post my pick-ups from May. :( Will revisit this later.

Have a good one, GAF! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram.

Picked these up over the long weekend at Fanime:

Chris Redfield nendo
IMG_1372_zpsk7molaoz.jpg

2 keychains and a bookmark
IMG_1375_zpswiwpuhz1.jpg

B4G2 at the Stance outlet
IMG_1370_zpsyh4i1jah.jpg

BOTEC

So, basketball season is hotting up, and I did my research and decided to pick up the superlative arcade B-ball game:

jam_te.jpg

May 2017 pickups.

Game Gear + Sonic
Got both at a flea market for &#8364;1,5 (one and a half) total. The console still works great too.

Dark Souls - The Board Game
This finally arrived. They did a great job moving this to board game format imo. Took my friends and me quite a while to get started though. They should've included a quick start thingy in the instruction manual or something. Like the video games not something you play leisurely. Maybe a bit too many small pieces you have to move around the board during gameplay, but overall an impressive package and this is just the base game.

3DS games: Fire Emblem Echoes - Shadows of Valentia Limited Edition, and Yo-Kai Watch 2 - Bony Spirits
Obligatory Fire Emblem pickup. And another Level 5 release added to the collection. I hope they limit the amount of Yo-Kai Watch releases tbh, compared to how many Inazuma Eleven titles they churned out on DS and 3DS.

PS2 games: X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends II - Rise of Apocalypse
Got them at the same flea market as the Game Gear.

PSVita games: FIFA 15, Ridge Racer, Touch My Katamari, Shinobido 2 - Revenge of Zen, Ray Gigant, Nova-111

PS4 games: Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Flinthook, DariusBurst - Chronicle Saviours, and Maldita Castilla EX
Divinity on PS4 seems to have gone out of print..? Getting harder and harder to find anyways. I backed the Kickstarter campaign a couple of years back and already owned the PC release which I really only played in single player. Got this for couch co-op. See how that goes.
Speaking of multiple dipping: third time I picked up DariusBurst CS after the Japanese Vita release and a Steam copy. And now Limited Run Games is bringing it to Vita once more... :-/
Like Blue Rider last month, this new Play-Asia release of Cursed/Maldita Castilla EX looks great as well.

Wii U game: Paper Mario - Color Splash
Probably one of my last ever Wii U pickups. I want a copy of Breath of the Wild for the system too, but then I pretty much own everything worthwhile on Wii U, I think.

and finally an art print:

My first handgun, XDM 9mm full size.

Great gun, very fun to shoot, I chose this one over glock 17.
highly recommended. will take her to the range later

a74xGrG.jpg

lem0n

a74xGrG.jpg

That's sweet, dude. A lot of anti-gun nuts here but I approve. Been looking into getting a couple pistols myself so that the gf and I can hit the range together.

Stance are so good. Just about got my entire sock and underwear collection converted to Stance. Never thought I'd be excited about socks and underwear.

Dude, as I've gotten older, I've grown to appreciate really well-made socks, underwear and undershirts. Oddly, those are things now that I have zero issues buying or receiving versus when I was a kid.

bomblord1

Banned
Was looking at the OP and was trying to figure this out we post pictures of "gaming" goods? How loose can we be here? What qualifies as "gaming" goods? The OP seemed pretty serious about goofing = ban and I don't want to be banned again.

hydruxo

Was looking at the OP and was trying to figure this out we post pictures of "gaming" goods? How loose can we be here? What qualifies as "gaming" goods? The OP seemed pretty serious about goofing = ban and I don't want to be banned again.

I think you can mostly post any pickups you want. It says "gaming goods + MORE" and I've seen a little bit of everything in these threads (cars, clothes, etc.) Just make sure the photos you post are actually ones you took of your pickups, not google images like the OP says.

The most important part is that you post real pics of stuff you actually picked up recently.

But if you picked up a puppy and want to post pics of it, that's perfectly fine.

eXistor

May 2017 pickups.

Like Blue Rider last month, this new Play-Asia release of Cursed/Maldita Castilla EX looks great as well.

So sad I missed the boat on that one, game looks great too. Getting a physical copy is impossible now; they're already on eBay for 100-200...

Dude, as I've gotten older, I've grown to appreciate really well-made socks, underwear and undershirts. Oddly, those are things now that I have zero issues buying or receiving versus when I was a kid.

I'm in the same boat. I ask for Stance stuff for Christmas and my birthday now.

Never even occurred to me that Stance might have outlet stores. Turns out they have one about an hour north of Seattle. My wife and I are going tomorrow.

Justinh

Can anyone say new toy?

That thing looks really neat! I wish it had a nipple mouse, though (pretty much since I got my first Thinkpad in 2003, I only bought laptops with trackpoints). I love those things, and I hate touchpads. How thin is it? It looks like it's constructed like a Surface Pro, is this true? Specs?

Got a new pen for my Intuos tablets. It's a "Classic Pen" and it's much smaller than the "Grip Pen" that comes with them. So far, I already really like it since I can now grip it more like I grip a pencil and it feels so much lighter.

Here's a comparison with one of my old Grip pens. One thing I don't like is the pen holder. I like how with the old ones you can open it up and store a bunch of nibs in there.

I've wanted a good "d-pad focused" controller for a while for Xboxes 360 and One and this one just came out. I like it so far. Dpad feels good, although I wish it was disc shaped on top like the saturn controller. Again though, still feels good.

Okay... so hear me out. Xavier: Renegade Angel, I'm convinced, is the very best show you can play on like a laptop or something while you go to sleep at night. You get the weirdest dreams. Really, most of the time I just dream of my old friends with Xavier's dialogue or something, but even just that is enough that makes you wake up kinda feeling uncomfortable. I've only had all the episodes purchased from the Xbox Store/now Microsoft Movies and TV. I just wanted a hardcopy I guess.
Again with Zelda... I already have all the episodes purchased on the Amazon video store, I guess I figured it couldn't hurt to have a physical copy of it. Plus it was only 3 dollars as an add-on product on Amazon.

I bought the Twin Peaks series BluRay set on Amazon, but it won't be here until tomorrow (I'll just edit a picture in).
edit:
I haven't seen the show since it was new when I was really younger and all I can remember from it are the intro song, the little man dancing in a red, creepy room, and that some girl died in the beginning. Oh, those, and that when I was a kid the show totally creeped me the eff out! RedLetterMedia's recent video on the series made me want to finally watch it. Hearing Jay Bauman speak on a recent PreRec stream he said of the new series that "he likes it" but you really should watch the original first and left it at that to avoid any chance of spoilers for the new series. Looking forward to finally watching the whole thing (stopped watching it early on back when because of moving and stuff)

Oh yeah, I bought this today. I've been pretty interested in this for a while, although I doubt I'll be able to watch it for a good while. Whenever I watch "war stuff" now it just makes me want to drink, heavily... and I don't like drinking anymore.

edit: Oh. This thing was sent to me too. Not tagged because it was sent in an email. Naww mean?
What I got -> http://i.imgur.com/zLO0U4T.jpg (they misspelled my last name anyways)
What it cost me -> http://i.imgur.com/OVsfcp4.jpg. (honestly, I couldn't tell you how happy I was to be rid of it...)

a74xGrG.jpg

Awesome gun, CONGRATS! The XDM series is legit badass. I chose a Glock 19 over the XD series based solely on the high bore axis on the XD line, but that is just a fit and held personal preference.

A wonder 9 is the single best kind of first gun purchase.

bomblord1

Banned
That thing looks really neat! I wish it had a nipple mouse, though (pretty much since I got my first Thinkpad in 2003, I only bought laptops with trackpoints). I love those things, and I hate touchpads. How thin is it? It looks like it's constructed like a Surface Pro, is this true? Specs?

It is indeed a surface pro clone. Best part though is comes with the keyboard dock and pen out of the box. I think it's slightly lighter but not my much.

Specs
Screen: 2160x1440
Processor Intel Core M5-6Y54
4GB LPDDR3 RAM
128GB SSD

I ended up getting it for $400 on an open box deal on Amazon Warehouse. So far it's running great and is amazing for reading comics/manga (albeit it a bit heavy). Also ran a low end game I threw at it as a test without much issue. I absolutely adore the style of it. It looks better than my old Surface Pro 3 IMO.

I'm in the same boat. I ask for Stance stuff for Christmas and my birthday now.

Never even occurred to me that Stance might have outlet stores. Turns out they have one about an hour north of Seattle. My wife and I are going tomorrow.

Nice. Their Buy 4 Get 2 Free deal at the outlet is awesome. They get pretty much everything you see online/in-store, including the Star Wars stuff.

a74xGrG.jpg

Nice. I have the exact same gun except I picked up the bi-tone. Also my first handgun. Holding 19 in the clip is a big plus.

Just picked up the Streamlight TLR-6 light/laser for it. Haven't had the chance to try out the laser at the range yet though.

Justinh

It is indeed a surface pro clone. Best part though is comes with the keyboard dock and pen out of the box. I think it's slightly lighter but not my much.

Specs
Screen: 2160x1440
Processor Intel Core M5-6Y54
4GB LPDDR3 RAM
128GB SSD

I ended up getting it for $400 on an open box deal on Amazon Warehouse. So far it's running great and is amazing for reading comics/manga (albeit it a bit heavy). Also ran a low end game I threw at it as a test without much issue. I absolutely adore the style of it. It looks better than my old Surface Pro 3 IMO.

Yeah, I think it looks a lot better than a Surface Pro too. 400 dollars sounds like a fantastic deal!

Top Bottom