• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluth54

Purchases052Medium.jpg

Some of my March Pickups, I can't remember if I've posted these or not.

Purchases053Medium.jpg

Most of my April pickups.

Purchases061Medium.jpg

Some used DVDs from Family Video and Syberia 1 and 2.

Purchases055Medium.jpg

X-Men Volumes 1 and 2

Purchases056cropMedium.jpg

New TV (Model: Toshiba 40RV525U 40" 1080p HDTV. Only $719 with free shipping on Newegg) and Oppo DVD player.

Purchases058cropMedium.jpg

Another shot of the new TV, I'm pretty happy with it.</div>

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
YungMike513 said:
new crib. 71k. $549/month mortgage

My god. A one bedroom apartment for rent costs $200 more than that. Buying one similar to that would be nearly three times as much.

BuRT!

Kadey said:
My god. A one bedroom apartment for rent costs $200 more than that. Buying one similar to that would be nearly three times as much.

pff, 1 bedroom apartments here are $1000+ :(

Shitty 1 bedroom apt in LA are in the 1300/month range (and for some reason a lot of apt here don't provide you with a fridge). Man, rent must've skyrocketed in SD since I left there 2 years ago.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I won't disagree there. LA and NY are the top two in literal most expensive U.S cities to live in but SD is the most expensive city to live in relative to median income. Of course, nothing beats Tokyo and it's $4000/month apartments.

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
1 bedroom apartments in SD are 1500+ :(

Yikes, even here in south orange county a nice one-bedroom in only about $1300-1400. Damn, san diego so expensive now. I remember when we moved back to the US in the late eighties my parents got a house in Encinitas for about 150K :lol

Kagami

ArchAngel said:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2i1cg81.jpg
The Geass (& Macross) marathon is finally over!
I'll take a photo of my Geass collection when my vol.9s get here on Monday.
Kinda lame they didn't make a box for the season 1 BDs though.

Nakazato

Gagaman said:
I fucking loved Fighters megamix got it for like my 10th bday and couldnt afford a mem card at the time so me and my friend kept it on all day so we wouldnt lose our unlocks :lol

Captain N

CoilShot said:
Is that phone on a carrier or is it unlocked only?

Is that Aladdin base on the SNES or Genesis Version? Or is it it's own separate version?

Its a port of the SNES version...If I'm not mistaken it's a direct port.

Looks like a nice house!

3495318937_fda6b61040.jpg

Needed something to listen to my iPod with when I am mowing the yard.

Also picked up Rock Band from the $9.99 Best Buy sale. Just about to export the songs to Rock Band 2.

Truespeed said:
I'm looking for a good deal on the HD 555's - like below $100. Let us know what you think of them.

They keep getting better :D . Still "breaking them in".
I like the lows but I do like a little more of a "punchy" low end, but I knew going into it that it's not that type of 'phone. I have HD 212's for that. Extremely natural and "soft"/"smooth" sound...perfect for jazz. The cymbals are clear without being harsh...the bass is extremely defined. The mids are probably the best I've heard. But then again $100 is the most I can permit myself to spend on headphones anyway so I've never gone the upper-echelon $300 with an amp route.

"Natural" is definitely the word that comes to mind when describing them. Like I said jazz is absolute heaven...classical as well. "Modern" songs are definitely doable on these things but they really shine on acoustic "analog" sounds. They're not overly sharp...everything sounds somewhat recessed if that makes sense....which I like. Synths/high end don't have that feeling of cutting right through your ear drums into the middle of your head so again techno isn't optimal on these things. Hip hop sounds very good on these surprisingly. The bass is pronounced ... but it's just those super low kicks that aren't as punchy as you might want for hip hop. Tha Carter III sounds sweet on them though :D .

Voices are extremely discernible and solid but not as much sibilance as I'm used to with my Polk car speakers for example. Bob Dylan sounds great on these things. Again, very "natural and smooth". Some of the raspiness is much more bearable with these.

Rock sounds good as well. Not as big of a rock fan but they sound good. Seems to lose a bit of the gritty-ness that I like but it sounds very appealing to the ear.

I keep picking up this strange static or vibration every once in a while that I can't figure out. It only seems to happen on certain songs though. I'll just chalk it up to the headphones still breaking in and it getting adjusted to different frequencies. It's not distortion...just a static-like sound. I really haven't given them a workout yet so I'm going to start cranking it up after another day or so of listening.

Standout album to listen to on these so far.... Voodoo by D'Angelo. But that's a standout album regardless :D. Check it out if you haven't heard it yet.

Edit: The lows continue to kick it up a notch ;). Very impressed.

NameGenerated said:
For the 555s, do you need to buy a little adapter thing to use them with an iPod?

No they come with an adapter for a 1/8th inch but the adapter is not ideal for using on a portable player because it sticks out about 4 inches straight and could severely damage it if you put pressure on it. There are other loose hanging adapters that you can buy though.

Yes Boss! said:
Yikes, even here in south orange county a nice one-bedroom in only about $1300-1400. Damn, san diego so expensive now. I remember when we moved back to the US in the late eighties my parents got a house in Encinitas for about 150K :lol

U want cheap...live in NE Ohio.

My payment on my 1300 sq ft house (3 br, 1 bath) is 350 a mo.
Buy smart, fix up and profit :)

Nakazato said:
I fucking loved Fighters megamix got it for like my 10th bday and couldnt afford a mem card at the time so me and my friend kept it on all day so we wouldnt lose our unlocks :lol
Um, the saturn has internal memory (a little bit)... you didn't need a mem card.

cresto

do you guys game with the 555s? I would love to try them out but i don't see myself walking around campus with those huge things on my ears. that would be a seriously "fuck you" to everyone walking by. It is bad enough how it is now, no one fucking looks up anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom