• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

LiK

moop2000 said:
Just out of curiosity, was there a rhyme or reason as to why you decided on some platforms for some games and some for another? Obviously the exclusives make sense but it's interesting to see the mix.

360 for all shooters. makes sense to me.

6193708472_2a8e67db68.jpg

Best stylus ever...Didn't have my iPad in hand when I took this..

x3sphere

mblitek said:
As a long time HD650 owner
ffffuuuuuu
congratulations.

Where did you get them from?

My previous headphones were a HD650 too, had them for 3 years. I got the 800s from a guy on Head-fi, mint condition with warranty intact for $1k. I really like them so far. The soundstage is massive, blew me away on first listen.

.hacked

moop2000 said:
Just out of curiosity, was there a rhyme or reason as to why you decided on some platforms for some games and some for another? Obviously the exclusives make sense but it's interesting to see the mix.

I normally get 3rd party games for Xbox 360 because on average Xbox gets the better running version, but the PS3 has many more must have 1st party games so it evens out collection wise. AC I got for the PS3 because the new installment comes with the original AC with the day one copies, seem like the best way to get the whole series.

Gvaz

Banned
Blue Dragon is great if you're looking for a old tyme jrpg but without quite a few of the poorly designed mechanics. Save points, but auto saves before major encounters you can redo. visual enemies that target you, but also they run away if you're too strong and you can lasso them in if you want to get better rewards and such. However the combat fps in game is like 10 or 15 and it just moves too slowly, which is disappointing because the game visually looks great. AA, soft shadows, realistic fur, you name it.

Was able to track down this 7.1 Wireless Headset a week ago, all DataBlitz branches are out of stock for about 3 weeks now.

cIMG_8946.jpg

GoW Collection and RE

cIMG_8893.jpg

0502006.jpg

It has been a crazy month juggling between all the PSN games I got this September.

RooMHM

Origin is already the worst game/download manager I've seen. It's been 2 hours and a half, and I still haven't played yet. You put the CD (it is full) in the reader, you install Origin. Then after updating origin, it downloads the game (which takes 15mins when it doesn't crash), then you download a 3,3gb update... seriously. EA shows why it's one of the worst publishers of this genration. Origin DIE! NOW!

alphaNoid said:
DXHR is going to blow your mind!
Very excited to play it. DX was a game I always read about but never got around to playing. I anticipated having to wait a few months to get this on Gamefly or a cheap sale but with the 20$ credit I got from FIFA 12 on Amazon and the already marked down 39$ I couldn't resist picking it up for 20$. Can't wait to veg out on Thanks Giving break and catch up on my back log.

Aguirre

Here's my september haul so far:
--crappy samsung galaxy camera pics--

resident evil code: Veronica X and resident evil: Zero
gZ4PT.jpg

subsistence for ps2. i got two cause the guy threw one in for free!
WTLr9.jpg

metal gear solid 1 for ps1 and pc. fox hound badge came with ps1 version, dont know if it came with the release of ps1 version of mgs. cool regardless.
OlzX9.jpg

metal gear solid 1 and metal gear solid subsistence official guides
vI5Pv.jpg

das boot blu ray and dexter season 5
xHHyL.jpg

my favourite pick up this year:
berserk illustrations art book
lQYA2.jpg

complete with poster
bgauQ.jpg

vitacola

RooMHM said:
http://www.abload.de/img/fif12gcog.jpg

Origin is already the worst game/download manager I've seen. It's been 2 hours and a half, and I still haven't played yet. You put the CD (it is full) in the reader, you install Origin. Then after updating origin, it downloads the game (which takes 15mins when it doesn't crash), then you download a 3,3gb update... seriously. EA shows why it's one of the worst publishers of this genration. Origin DIE! NOW!
Pro tip: Don't buy their PC rootkits.

Hypatia

UMufk.jpg

Why yes, I did buy an iPod purely to play games.

And I ended up loving Sword & Sworcery so much I got the limited edition vinyl:
oZTAF.jpg

Annnnnnnd my GPU died so I was given this as a present:
xBVsG.jpg

Also this:
NsGYd.jpg

...is why I love working in a charity shop; first pick on everything.

My first Megadrive too :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shitty Galaxy S2 pic! But oh such a good package... took me sweet as time to find it.

Vq446.jpg

Sylver

Banned
I think my last stuff for this month.
HL4wf.jpg

RE CVX
Uncharted 3 pre-order steel box (this is not the special edition it's just steel box for regular edition as pre-order gift )
JkeTJ.jpg

Ao No Exorcist #01 manga.

Zing

Banned
x3sphere said:
My previous headphones were a HD650 too, had them for 3 years. I got the 800s from a guy on Head-fi, mint condition with warranty intact for $1k. I really like them so far. The soundstage is massive, blew me away on first listen.

$1000? Used? Holy shnikes!

Skilletor

IMG_20110929_153325.jpg

IMG_20110929_153641.jpg

Old guide for a great game. Couldn't afford it when it came out.

Me and my friends used to talk with Ben "Tragic" Cureton on irc, met him at e3 a few times. Got my name in the guide :) I'm Mike Ferguson...I stopped going by DarkCat because everybody thought I was a girl. haha

EmreBFG

RooMHM said:

Has anyone on GAF moaned about Origin being salt on a long-lingering wound? Really, EA, naming a crappy download manager after the legendary game studio you bought and destroyed some 15 years ago...

Otherwise, hope the game is good.

LCfiner

Zing said:
$1000? Used? Holy shnikes!

flagship headphones are crazy expensive. but they keep their value for a long time.

another example: I got a pair of Grado PS1000 a while ago (MSRP 1700) for 1450 then solid it a few weeks ago… for 1450.

vercity82

Sylver said:
I think my last stuff for this month.
HL4wf.jpg

RE CVX
Uncharted 3 pre-order steel box (this is not the special edition it's just steel box for regular edition as pre-order gift )
JkeTJ.jpg

Ao No Exorcist #01 manga.

What country is the steel book so want this!!!

Skilletor said:
IMG_20110929_153641.jpg

Me and my friends used to talk with Ben "Tragic" Cureton on irc, met him at e3 a few times. Got my name in the guide :) I'm Mike Ferguson...I stopped going by DarkCat because everybody thought I was a girl. haha
Heh, cool that you got credited man!

Skilletor said:
IMG_20110929_153325.jpg

IMG_20110929_153641.jpg

Oh how about that, iirc my friend helped do translations on that guide..

Top Bottom