• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Milly79

I really hope they fix the one-touch passing, or I'm fuckkked.

Also, is it more like '11 in regards to timing your passes correctly, or can I hold down RT forever and still have the same speed/accuracy pass?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If you dummies would've read my posts you would already understand Im going to use it. At least Legit reads my posts :(

I got a massive paycheck coming in and daddy's got himself a new turtle beach headset
Turtle Beach are pretty nice, I had a pair this last year until my stupid fucking roommates cat chewed through them. I'll probably buy a new pair for '13.

Have you found that players have different speeds and that getting a breakaway is easier in terms of racing for a loose puck?

Last year, I found that even the fastest guys in the game couldn't outskate Hal Gill when on a breakaway and everyone more or less maintained the same speed.

yes you can get burnt now, just like the early skating engine videos showed. Another aspect is if the d-men get too worried about forcing out to the outside you can use the new "explosive 45 degree move" to cut right in strong and across their face.

If you dummies would've read my posts you would already understand Im going to use it. At least Legit reads my posts :(

I got a massive paycheck coming in and daddy's got himself a new turtle beach headset

fuck outta here, you said the same shit last year, goddamned lying confederate bastard

I really hope they fix the one-touch passing, or I'm fuckkked.

Also, is it more like '11 in regards to timing your passes correctly, or can I hold down RT forever and still have the same speed/accuracy pass?

yeah touch passing works but only in certain areas of the ice for some reason. I could not get it to work behind my own net for shit. I was tic-tac-toeing passes in the neutral and offensive zones whenever I want. I have a feeling that it doesnt work anymore on loose pucks, only on pucks passed to you.

ill have to double check tonight when i play around, but the charging seemed the same as last year, charge as long as you want with no downside

That's lame, if so. It opened up a lot more plays if you timed it right. Not a lot of people used it correctly.

i dont know for sure, like marv said, they may have the passing locked to some retard automatic setting that is different than previous years to help people out that want to try the broadcast views (which are fuck awesome btw)

Marvie_3

Banned
It seems like they took the one touch passing out of the game in favor of the chop.

Broadcast cam is pretty awesome but I'll never use it.

It seems like they took the one touch passing out of the game in favor of the chop.

change your control settings to always up and its a pretty fun time.

Fuck the chop.

watch it bro, me and the chop are good buddies now, don't slander him like that

MacAttack

i dont know for sure, like marv said, they may have the passing locked to some retard automatic setting that is different than previous years to help people out that want to try the broadcast views (which are fuck awesome btw)
True Broadcast view looks great but I don't know if I can get used to the controls when trying to aim shots and passes.

True Broadcast view looks great but I don't know if I can get used to the controls when trying to aim shots and passes.

do this

keeps the up controls and you just have to get used to figuring out which side you are facing to figure out the rest, otherwise all of your muscle memory will kick in if you are familiar with the default controls

by no means will it ever be as intuitive as playing going up, but I can see having some fun playing against the CPU using it

shooting seems like the only real thing that takes time to adjust too with this view for me

Marvie_3

Banned
Fuck the chop.
Fuck you. I'll be chopping like this all game every game.
I did switch the controls but it's harder to see the spacing between players in that view. It's fun to mess around with but never anything I'd use on a regular basis.

The chop seems useful, but yeah. Only along the boards, I would think?
Hell no. I scored a goal with it yesterday.

Red_Man

NHL 12 feels like Mario Kart compared to NHL 13 which feels like Gran Turismo, I'm really surprised they've made as many changes as they did.

Marvie_3

Banned
NHL 12 feels like Mario Kart compared to NHL 13 which feels like Gran Turismo, I'm really surprised they've made as many changes as they did.

Just wait until all the babies cry about not being able to figure skate around until they can pull off their glitches. EA will then release a tuner that fucks up the whole game.

Marvie_3

Banned
As someone who dislikes both Mario Kart and Gran Turismo for different reasons, I guess I could agree.

Gonna take a guess here:
Mario Kart - You don't like games that require no skill and only good luck with items to win
Gran Turismo - You don't like racing games that take 67,000 hours to finish and are only fun for about 2 hours

:lol :lol once you left we had no one to be the prick that does that shit.
You scored on more than enough short side cheese to make up for it though. :D

Red_Man

Not my fault you can't score legit goals.
cwatididthar
3qrrJ.gif

Marvie_3 said:
I haven't hit that many posts. Seems lower than last year to me.
Guess I'm just shit, glad we've established that.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just literally checked Kesler's helmet off in the HUT-Team USA match. Got 2minutes for Boarding too, fuck that. Was that in NHL 12 already or is that new?

Red_Man

I just literally checked Kesler's helmet off in the HUT-Team USA match. Got 2minutes for Boarding too, fuck that. Was that in NHL 12 already or is that new?
You've missed a lot by not playing NHL 12, broken glass too!

Smiley90

You've missed a lot by not playing NHL 12, broken glass too!

Damnit, I thought that was new. On the bright side, I'll get improvements from TWO NHL titles so I definitely won't be like "damn they didn't change this at all!". :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Damnit, I thought that was new. On the bright side, I'll get improvements from TWO NHL titles so I definitely won't be like "damn they didn't change this at all!". :D
Well, from 11 to 12, they didn't really do anything. So you're not really getting 2 full games worth of upgrades.

Smiley90

Well, from 11 to 12, they didn't really do anything. So you're not really getting 2 full games worth of upgrades.

I'll get 1, that's really all I want, hence the skipping of the generation. If this GAF EASHL/GM Connected "experiment" (for me) goes well though, I guess I'll have to switch to buying it every year. :D

Also goddamn I suck at shootouts.

Red_Man

Typically with shootouts simpler is better. The more complicated you get the more likely you won't score. Just ask moop :D

Top Bottom