• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Volunteers Initiative Sign Up (BETA)

That was really fun last night. Seeing all the participants and new users getting involved was great.

Thanks again to Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese for getting this ball rolling. Let's keep it up GAF it's almost the weekend, topics and such tend to take a dip because people wanna go out etc. No excuse! The weekend means I know you have free time to post more. Hell I should be working right now.
I appreciate the kind words. I wish I could do more. Typing with the phone in one hand, 13 day old baby in the other.

We have so many in this volunteer group doing so much that it makes me feel like I ain't helping enough.

Thank you all for all the work you have been doing.

greyshark

I appreciate the kind words. I wish I could do more. Typing with the phone in one hand, 13 day old baby in the other.

We have so many in this volunteer group doing so much that it makes me feel like I ain't helping enough.

Thank you all for all the work you have been doing.

Congrats on the new kid! Your first?

Well i guess i better put up or shut up
happy to assist with the below

Greeter
Happy to jump in here and welcome people

Gaming News Threads
Will try and post stuff i stumble across...i dont want to copy paste stuff from other places so i might come up with some
gaming related fun topics

Off Topic News Threads
I could assist here i think...i have some funny takes on some things

Political News Threads
Would prefer to not do anything in this area as it can be a very sensitive area and im not a fan of drama

OT
i can assist would be illustration/logos/headers/photo-shopping ect...just let us know what you want

Unspecified Volunteer Work
Im a graphic artist and do animation/illustration so im more than happy to create stuff ..if it be illustrations for stories...thread or comp logos ect

Well i guess i better put up or shut up
happy to assist with the below

Greeter
Happy to jump in here and welcome people

Gaming News Threads
Will try and post stuff i stumble across...i dont want to copy paste stuff from other places so i might come up with some
gaming related fun topics

Off Topic News Threads
I could assist here i think...i have some funny takes on some things

Political News Threads
Would prefer to not do anything in this area as it can be a very sensitive area and im not a fan of drama

OT
i can assist would be illustration/logos/headers/photo-shopping ect...just let us know what you want

Unspecified Volunteer Work
Im a graphic artist and do animation/illustration so im more than happy to create stuff ..if it be illustrations for stories...thread or comp logos ect
Awesome. Appreciate you signing up.

I added your name to Greeter and Gaming news. I also aded you to the Group PM's for various categories.

Don't hold back, voice your opinion. That's how we get the brainstorm going.

Thank you for Volunteering : )

Agreed. I think you forgot to add me, though.
Wow I'm so sorry. Added now. Apologize for the mistake. Only so much coffee can do lol.

Sent you group PM's.

Appreciate you signing up, my apologies again for that mistake. It's been a long last few days.

Last edited:
Wow I'm so sorry. Added now. Apologize for the mistake. Only so much coffee can do lol.

Sent you group PM's.

Appreciate you signing up, my apologies again for that mistake. It's been a long last few days.

No worries. If I'm not able to do something right away, I often forget about it as well. That day of the gaming awards was likely really busy as well.

Update for everyone.

We have a Discord. Check your PM's Volunteers.

Great job NeoGAF. We are slowly but surely tackling complaints the community has spoken about. Namely that we were lacking in keeping up with the news, particularly Gaming News. The Volunteers have stepped up but all of GAF has as well. Lets keep it up.

GAF has a GIF and Meme monthly contest starting in January. Announcement thread is here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/anno...of-the-gifs-a-monthly-neogaf-contest.1469308/

Thank you TrainedRage TrainedRage and AfricanKing AfricanKing for your continued support of Unbiased Political News Threads. I have definitely notice a more civil conversation in unbiased threads compared to biased threads.

All the Volunteers thank you for everything you've done so far. It's greatly appreciated by the community. All of GAF seems to be getting that friendly competitive spirit back. Getting threads up fast and beating others to it. Thank you GAF.

We have a lot in store for the community. And you will hear about it soon. We will be creating a lot of new OT's that died.

Any suggestions on what needs to be done or what can be improved, leave it below.

If you want to sign up, you are in the right place.

GAF 2019 is almost here!

Wings 嫩翼翻せ Wings 嫩翼翻せ Redneckerz Redneckerz captainraincoat captainraincoat DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi Helios Helios El_Belmondo El_Belmondo IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo J-Roderton J-Roderton cormack12 cormack12 AeonGaidenRaiden AeonGaidenRaiden LegendOfKage LegendOfKage Unknown Quantity Unknown Quantity Bullet Club Bullet Club TrainedRage TrainedRage AfricanKing AfricanKing dorkimoe dorkimoe Blam Blam @Proteus WinterIsComing WinterIsComing Dirk Benedict Dirk Benedict Domisto Domisto It's Jeff It's Jeff J JORMBO Ichabod Ichabod Ivellios Ivellios Typhares Typhares

Wanted to give a shout out to all our awesome Volunteers today. It's been a full week since we started this Volunteers program. I definitely think it's made a huge impact on this wonderful Community of ours. Lets continue to push and not let up. Listen to the community and if you see a suggestion made, make sure we are making a note of it. Either in this thread, in the PM's or in the Discord.

Yes Volunteers we have a Discord. If you aren't on it, PM me and I'll get you there. The wonderful amazing Blam Blam has be kind enough to take pity on my lacking tech skills and is making the Discord better and more efficient for you to use. Once again Thank You Blam Blam

As far as determining whether or not IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo is a A.I. Program or machine, I can say they joined the Discord and posted. They do respond when you post at them. However A.I.'s can do that now. So I am still 50/50 on this. If they are an A.I., it's probably our realities version of Skynet. But hasn't taken over the world because it is entertained with NeoGAF.

Lets make sure we at least postpone Judgement Day by keeping our A.I. overlord entertained. So if you aren't contributing for the NeoGAF communities benefit, understand that Judgement Day will effect all of Mankind. Do it for the Human Race :messenger_winking:

We have Wings 嫩翼翻せ Wings 嫩翼翻せ and 12 Days of GAFmas https://www.neogaf.com/threads/12-days-of-gafmas-2018-confessions.1469084/ we should be hearing the Confessions today! Submit yours if you haven't.

Also again the Console Wars : Revenge Of The Gifs Announcement Thread https://www.neogaf.com/threads/anno...of-the-gifs-a-monthly-neogaf-contest.1469308/ Get in there and show your support. The first Contest starts January 1st. Plan your Gifs and Memes now that you have time before the Contest starts.

To the Volunteers and rest of the Community, something we can all do in our GAF lives is support the idea of a less toxic Community. That means more than just not breaking NeoGAF rules.

The Staff has been doing an amazing job enforcing the rules and being unbiased and fair imo. But it should be clear to us by now that they will not be babysitters to the community. Makes sense because we are not small children.

Its up to us the NeoGAF Community to make the effort to eliminate the petty toxicity that we experience. This is not a NeoGAF problem, but an internet problem imo.

If you want a fellow Gaffer to not use Nazi or Alt Righter (for example) towards you in a political discussion, then you shouldn't be using NPC or Cuck in yours. We need to enter a discussion with a minimum baseline of respect for our fellow Gaffer and leave the conversation with no less than that baseline. Arguments or anger shouldn't follow anyone from thread to thread. And while I don't speak for everyone, I never liked the Detective GAF trying to silence someone in the present because of out of context posts of the past (for example). Arguments and disagreements shouldn't be following anyone around NeoGAF.

The point? It's up to all of us to be leaders in the community and set the proper example in regards to how we treat each other. Remember if someone is insulting you, don't insult back... Blood doesn't wash away Blood.

Refrain from taking bait.

That's something all of us can do, Volunteers and Community Members... respect each other and stop holding grudges.

Thanks for reading.

If you have any suggestions for the community, don't hesitate to post them.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I'm happy i joined. I used to get in petty spats on politics but now I just let it go and feel much better. So thanks for this group giving me some perspective.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Makes sense because we are not small children.
Speak for yourself. I am getting younger and smaller and more immature by the day.

I agree that our discourse will not improve unless we choose to improve it, and that starts with ourselves. A well-sharpened wit can merely be brandished instead of used to cut. Take every disagreement as a chance to sharpen your own argument, and show gratitude to your opponent by treating them with a bit of respect. Only a bit, though.

Melon

Banned
I would volunteer since I love greeting new people and I have tons of off-topic ideas (and also way too much time on my hands), but I am still just a neo member and I assume that's a no-go due to the fact I can't make my own topics just yet. Regardless, I'll still try and help in whatever way I can. :)

I would volunteer since I love greeting new people and I have tons of off-topic ideas (and also way too much time on my hands), but I am still just a neo member and I assume that's a no-go due to the fact I can't make my own topics just yet. Regardless, I'll still try and help in whatever way I can. :)
You're hired! I will put you down as greeter until you are a full member! You are almost there anyway.

So greet new members, contribute to the community in topics you want, set a good example for the community as a whole, and show support to thread creators. I'll PM you :messenger_heart:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
If you have any suggestions for the community, don't hesitate to post them.
Absolutely disgusting post of positivity. Who are you taking on the role of enthusiast and Community Liasion? You say not to use word X, and yet your post is full of it! You are full of it! You are just a blabbermouth!

.... Oh, oopsie. I thought this was the hating thread. ;)

I think it would be good if me and Blam Blam share our times thinking about idea's and implementing them. From what i could tell from our brief intermezzo, we are on around the same wavelengths here.

To you, that Elon Musky Cheese, thank you for providing a side-wide effort reaching members and staffers a like. The time invested is commendable, sir.

Absolutely disgusting post of positivity. Who are you taking on the role of enthusiast and Community Liasion? You say not to use word X, and yet your post is full of it! You are full of it! You are just a blabbermouth!

I think it would be good if me and Blam Blam share our times thinking about idea's and implementing them. From what i could tell from our brief intermezzo, we are on around the same wavelengths here.

To you, that Elon Musky Cheese, thank you for providing a side-wide effort reaching members and staffers a like. The time invested is commendable, sir.
:censored: there is no hating sir

Last edited:

Blam

Glad to help out in anyway to make GAF a better/easier place to come to and discuss what you want to discuss.

Blam

I'm gonna make a pretty spiffy post outlining all of the new community OT's we have and throw some graphics up for each one. When I get around to it that is after the discord stuff.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
You're hired! I will put you down as greeter until you are a full member! You are almost there anyway.

So greet new members, contribute to the community in topics you want, set a good example for the community as a whole, and show support to thread creators. I'll PM you :messenger_heart:

Does this mean I’m out of a job?

Papa

Banned

lol @ Elon Musky Cheese. I’m gonna start calling him Elon from now on. Yo Elon, I want my greeter job back.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I should probably apologize to Ender404. I thought he was blanketing when it was more so a dig at the poll to a thread I replied to while simultaneously trying to leave for ride sharing at the early am. That aside, I think you set the tone pretty well, Musky. Keep it going, man.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Biased on topic news and that's my final offer.
Just come hang out with me and be curmudgeonly. You only get banned after a good morning/evening constitution, then decide to imbibe, then give these lil ones what for!

I'd like to help, but my appearances on here are sporadic due to my job. And with the imbibing part, I'm someone who gets banned when I'm imbibing. I'm not the best role model.

Papa

Banned
Just come hang out with me and be curmudgeonly. You only get banned after a good morning/evening constitution, then decide to imbibe, then give these lil ones what for!

I'd like to help, but my appearances on here are sporadic due to my job. And with the imbibing part, I'm someone who gets banned when I'm imbibing. I'm not the best role model.

I'm only so active at the moment because the semester is over and the kids are on holiday. I'm supposed to be writing papers but instead I'm shitposting and bantzing here.

EssKayZee

Appreciate your efforts Musky. I am a Neo Member so can't volunteer for threads yet. Bookmarking the topic. I will definitely jump in when/if I become a Member. Meanwhile I'll try to play my part positively in the Neo & Neophyte Members Thread Request topic.

Appreciate your efforts Musky. I am a Neo Member so can't volunteer for threads yet. Bookmarking the topic. I will definitely jump in when/if I become a Member. Meanwhile I'll try to play my part positively in the Neo & Neophyte Members Thread Request topic.
Not just me. Everyone including you now.

Any participation you give to this community will be appreciated.

I’ll send you a pm shortly with what needs to be done and get you started.

Thank you for volunteering

Last edited:

EssKayZee

Not just me. Everyone including you now.

Any participation you give to this community will be appreciated.

I’ll send you a pm shortly with what needs to be done and get you started.

Thank you for volunteering

That's so humble of you. Looking forward to it.

Kadayi

Banned
This kind of skipped me by for some reason (it's been a busy couple weeks on the work front with the end of year deadlines). I'm rarely on point enough with gaming news for breaking stories, but I do occasionally throw up the odd OT Thread, and I have a few ideas in the bank for some more of those which I'll get out during the Holiday Break.

This kind of skipped me by for some reason (it's been a busy couple weeks on the work front with the end of year deadlines). I'm rarely on point enough with gaming news for breaking stories, but I do occasionally throw up the odd OT Thread, and I have a few ideas in the bank for some more of those which I'll get out during the Holiday Break.
pm’d

Last edited:
Wanted to give a quick public Thank You to EssKayZee EssKayZee and Melon Melon for all the hard work they have been doing. It's a huge contribution to this community.

Also Afro Republican Afro Republican for all your contributions.

We've had a pretty big last 72 hours with the Soft Launch of Discord Integration into NeoGAF (if you don't know how to get there speak up) and NeoGAF Gold.

Gaming Discussion is picking up steam thanks to the communities hard work. Lets keep going :messenger_beaming:

EssKayZee

Wanted to give a quick public Thank You to EssKayZee EssKayZee and Melon Melon for all the hard work they have been doing. It's a huge contribution to this community.

Also Afro Republican Afro Republican for all your contributions.

We've had a pretty big last 72 hours with the Soft Launch of Discord Integration into NeoGAF (if you don't know how to get there speak up) and NeoGAF Gold.

Gaming Discussion is picking up steam thanks to the communities hard work. Lets keep going :messenger_beaming:
Thank you. And all our community deserves our gratitude for coming around at the right time.

Top Bottom