• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Most Anticipated Games of 2017

How my top 10 compared.

1. Persona 5 (2)
2. Horizon Zero Dawn (3)
3. Nioh (7)
4. Nier Automata (6)
5. Mass Effect Andromeda (5)
6. Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom (10)
7. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (24)
8. Danganronpa V3 (15)
9. Tales of Berseria (32)
10. Knack 2 (66)

Really happy that my top six games made it into the top 10. Persona 5, Horizon and Nier I knew were a given, but I'm pleasantly surprised that Nioh, Mass Effect and Ni No Kuni 2 made it as well.

I also voted for Knack 2 unironically.

sense

It's important to note that results might have been different if it had been after the Switch reveal event in 8 days or so. Seen a lot of posts that wanted the latest 3D Mario for example.
Technically, God of war, spider-man, Detroit, days gone, ff7r, etc... were not allowed so results could have been further skewed towards PlayStation

How my top 10 compared.

1. Persona 5 (2)
2. Horizon Zero Dawn (3)
3. Nioh (7)
4. Nier Automata (6)
5. Mass Effect Andromeda (5)
6. Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom (10)
7. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (24)
8. Danganronpa V3 (15)
9. Tales of Berseria (32)
10. Knack 2 (66)

Really happy that my top six games made it into the top 10. Persona 5, Horizon and Nier I knew were a given, but I'm pleasantly surprised that Nioh, Mass Effect and Ni No Kuni 2 made it as well.

I also voted for Knack 2 unironically.
Why are you surprised about Mass Effect? That is a pretty popular western title.

Turkoop

Banned
Technically, God of war, spider-man, Detroit, days gone, ff7r, etc... were not allowed so results could have been further skewed towards PlayStation

Days Gone wont ever be released this year, I do not understand why is it then listed. But vote for Battlefront 2 doesnt count..

Mine v. GAF
1. Persona 5 (2)
2. RDR 2 (4)
3. South Park (12)
4. Zelda BOTW (1)
5. Crash Trilogy (20)
6. Horizon Zero Dawn (3)
7. Mass Effect Andromeda (5)
8. Resident Evil 7 (8) Oh nice a tie
9. Yakuza 0 (16)
10. Nier Automata (6)

7 in the top 10, the rest in top 20, we still good GAF.

I think all of those have a chance of releasing this year as well and Sony have learned their lesson and are gun shy on putting any timeframes

I think we'll be lucky if Detroit makes it out in 2017. I don't have any expectations I'll be playing any of the others this year. Maaaybe Days Gone.

Its a very What Have You Done for Me Lately thing with the skepticism around those games. Guerilla Games has yet to make any game I consider good, and the last two Bioware games were divisive on GAF. Its just the franchises are so BIG on this website that even with all the hate, they still get enough support to show up in lists like this. Same reason why Bethsada games or MGSV get top 3/5 finishes on GAF GOTY, even if you read the Spoiler OT it sounds like everyone was disappointed in one degree or another.

The flip side of What Have You Done for Me Lately is like, Red Dead Redemption 2 being #4 when we know jack and shit about that game. But everyone loved the first one, Rockstar is coming off the huge success that was GTAV, why wouldn't you put that game on your list?

Great demos certainly help breed hype. RE7 and Nioh had skepticism at first, either from the concept or because the last game they made was kinda meh(RE6 and Ninja Gaiden 3 respectively). But once people got a hold of the demo/betas, really got a feel for what the experience was, then the hype builds and grows and people are receptive to it.

Artdayne

Goddamnit 7 points off lol.

The real tragedy is For Honor being so far down.

I would agree. I ranked For Honor as my #1 most anticipated title. A lot of people are dismissing it because it's a Ubisoft game or because they still don't understand what it is or how good it is.

Horizon, Yooka, and Mass Effect are the only ones I know I'll be playing. Everything else depends on reviews or the unlikely event that they release their software on better hardware (fuck you, Nintendo).

Skikkiks

1. Crash (20)
2. Gravity Rush 2 (9)
3. Cook Serve Delicious 2 (126)
4. Yooka (11)
5. Horizon (3)
6. Cuphead (27)
7. South Park (12)
8. Marvel vs Capcom (18)
9. Toe Jam and Earl (111)
10.Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (287)

3 out of the top 100 but 6 in the top 20

The Almost Edgy Semi-Original Gamer

PillarEN

1. Persona 5 (2)

2. Nier: Automata (6)

3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (1)

4. Resident Evil 7 (8)

5. Yooka-Laylee (11)

6. Kingdom Come: Deliverance (51)

7. Prey (13)

8. Tekken 7 (25)

9. WipEout Omega Collection (34)

10. Gravity Rush 2 (9)

Only one game out of the top 50. I'm officially NOT a hipster.

Wow at the amount of ps4 exclusives. So good.gif. Crash is gon be good.
image.php

Nostalgia overload!

Thank you so much shinobi602 for putting together this amazing thread. 2017 is looking absolutely mind-blowing. What a time to be alive!

At least 4 of the games on this list were on last year's list so we should start predicting the delays now.

Also no ms exclusives (do they have any? Crackdown?).

01) [006] Nier: Automata
02) [009] Gravity Rush 2
03) [003] Horizon: Zero Dawn
04) [007] Ni-Oh
05) [094] Valkyria Revolution
06) [039] Cosmic Star Heroine
07) [002] Persona 5
08) [102] Berserk and the Band of Hawk
09) [212] Metal Gear Survive
10) [008] Resident Evil VII: Biohazard

Six outta ten on the top contenders! Could've easily tossed in Yakuza and Ni no Kuni for a stronger list, but I haven't beaten any of the previous installments at this time so I opted for other niché titles.

You two, you need to reveal yourself now.
Where the hell is Metal Gear Survive!? For shame gaf!
Are you one of the only 2 voted for it?
tumblr_inline_nrp4d40xhE1rn6c7x_500.gif

Woo! Cosmic Star Heroine made #39!
Never finished Suikoden or Chrono Trigger, but I look forward to this project dropping through Limited Run Games. Curious over whether it'll launch simultaneously with digital version or withheld for future patches/content. Either way, it has been in my sights ever since the initial buzz and physical details were made public. Best wishes!

Never finished Suikoden or Chrono Trigger, but I look forward to this project dropping through Limited Run Games. Curious over whether it'll launch simultaneously with digital version or withheld for future patches/content. Either way, it has been in my sights ever since the initial buzz and physical details were made public. Best wishes!

Physical version will be released later so that if we do any early patches, they'll be in.

I would agree. I ranked For Honor as my #1 most anticipated title. A lot of people are dismissing it because it's a Ubisoft game or because they still don't understand what it is or how good it is.

To be fair I understand that the recent string of bad news can bring down the hype, but that's why an open beta is so important.

Lots of people excited about Nioh, but no one seems to be talking about The Surge which is a shame.

Putting the Souls into sci-fi with The Surge

I think it has potential but still in very early stage to feel hype for. A lot of work needs to be done to the feel of the combat

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I like how Persona 5 has appeared in the top 10 most anticipated from 2014-2017.

lupin23rd

My personal top 10 is a little different, but looks like I'm getting 9/10 of GAF's list (don't care about Mass Effect).

Also a big shout-out to the 4 people who voted for Mother 4.

Why are you surprised about Mass Effect? That is a pretty popular western title.

ME3 left a bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths. Also it's not like Andromeda has had the smoothest development plus they've barely shown anything. I thought it would affect people's expectations more lol.

bigjig

Damn absolutely fantastic PS4 lineup in 2017, no wonder it's dominating in sales. Looking forward to seeing what the Switch has to offer soon

So my top 10 compared to the list would be:

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda (5)
2. Nioh (7)
3. Dragon Quest XI (16)
4. Scalebound (22)
5. Persona 5 (2)
6. Divinity Original Sin II (26)
7. Nier: Automata (6)
8. Torment: Tides of Numenara (29)
9. Tales of Berseria (17)
10. Horizon Zero Dawn (3)

And my list can still go on. Just realized that 2017 will be amazing.

Lots of people excited about Nioh, but no one seems to be talking about The Surge which is a shame.

Putting the Souls into sci-fi with The Surge

I would be excited for it but I absolutely LOATHED Lords of the Fallen. I bought the game for $5 and after playing it for a few hours I still felt like I wasted money. The developers really have to redeem themselves, to me anyway.

I like how Persona 5 has appeared in the top 10 most anticipated from 2014-2017.

Atlus refuses to release it here until it reaches #1 lol.

Top Bottom