• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netanyahu complains about foreign intereference in his country's internal politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiktion

Banned
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/1c26c782-c72a-11e4-9e34-00144feab7de.html#axzz3U1Iqmdjk

Benjamin Netanyahu is claiming that a multinational conspiracy is seeking to bring down his government as he embarks on his final week of campaigning ahead of next week’s general election.

“There is a huge worldwide effort to bring down the Likud government,” Mr Netanyahu was recorded telling party activists in a report aired by Israel’s Army Radio on Tuesday.

The remarks by the Israeli prime minister are the latest of several controversial comments made in recent days by politicians in Mr Netanyahu’s rightwing camp, and come as his Likud party struggles to control the campaign agenda and pull ahead of Isaac Herzog’s Zionist Union, its centre-left challenger, in next Tuesday’s ballot.

The prime minister was echoing remarks by his fellow Likudnik defence minister Moshe Ya’alon, who on Sunday accused “English-speakers” of masterminding a massive effort to rally opposition votes. “There is an unprecedented campaign here to encourage leftwing and Arab voters, and English-speakers are the ones doing it,” Mr Ya’alon said.
“If you ask me who will be the next prime minister, I will tell you I don’t know,” said Rafi Smith, an Israeli pollster. He pointed out that in Israel’s last election in January 2013, which returned a surprising gain for the centrist party Yesh Atid, one in four voters decided how to cast their ballot on election day.

While the polls show the two parties running neck and neck, there have been signs in recent days that Mr Netanyahu’s campaign — which received only a slight boost from his controversial speech in Washington last week — is struggling. On Sunday Likud — under attack from parties farther to its right for concessions made to Palestinians in past peace negotiations — said that the notion of creating a Palestinian state was “not relevant”.
The prime minister was also forced to apologise to a union boss at the Israel Airports Authority after Likud aired a video showing a dock worker commiserating with a Hamas militant about how the prime minister’s policies had hurt them, according to a report by the Ynet news service. The video angered trade unionists, some of whose members served in last summer’s military operation in the Gaza Strip.

Hahahaha. Coming from the same idiot who came to America to spread his bullshit in a speech to Congress, I would have to say this is amusing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, fine. As an English-speaker, I own up.

Sounds like Israel doesn't need that 3 billion of our taxes a year anymore.

I'm all for saving that money for other use, like funding NASA again; fund the ISS; pay for some update of major cities' aging infrastructure. I can think of a few great ises for those money.

and maybe give some to me

squidyj

god I hope the balance of the knesset shifts left.
I didn't think such a thing was possible but polling indicates it might happen?

I'm all for saving that money for other use, like funding NASA again; fund the ISS; pay for some update of major cities' aging infrastructure. I can think of a few great ises for those money.

and maybe give some to me

Either infrastructure or towards science in general. Both are hideously underfunded.

Snake

I didn't realize the election was so soon (next Tuesday). I hope they kick Bibi to the curb but my gut instinct tells me he'll survive.

Sounds like Israel doesn't need that 3 billion of our taxes a year anymore.
It cost around $2 billion usd to design, engineer, build, test, launch and land the Curiosity rover on Mars. And it's successor is likely to be less expensive despite having new instruments and technology.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well I hope that foreign interference works out. Damn irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom