• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix announces their upcoming anime slate - 7 Original shows for 2018 and more

Rafavert

Looking good! I'm liking this selection. Also didn't know Little Witch Academia was coming on the 15th!

We've started working on the translation for B The Beginning (very early on, though). The show seems nice, but due the nature of the work we're doing we can't really see it properly. The animation is good at least. It reminds me of Psycho Pass for some reason.

!!! Devilman: Crybaby !!! Something seemed so Ping Pong about it when i watched the trailer. One of my fave series, but then i don't watch much anime. This is definitely getting watched though.

Instro

Pretty cool lineup, I appreciate Netflix's activity in this realm. Devilman obviously stick out immediately as a must watch, but most everything on there sounds like something I will at least check out.

Looking good! I'm liking this selection. Also didn't know Little Witch Academia was coming on the 15th!

We've started working on the translation for B The Beginning (very early on, though). The show seems nice, but due the nature of the work we're doing we can't really see it properly. The animation is good at least. It reminds me of Psycho Pass for some reason.

Oh no.

!!! Devilman: Crybaby !!! Something seemed so Ping Pong about it when i watched the trailer. One of my fave series, but then i don't watch much anime. This is definitely getting watched though.

They're both Yuasa shows after all, and he has a very distinct style. Devilman is even more Yuasa than Ping Pong was, with how conservative Ping Pong's production was out of necessity. One shot of the hands reaching up in this trailer looked straight out of the Kaiba OP.

No one's going to comment on the impossibly short skirt of AICO's schoolgirl protagonist? Did she really have to be in that pose almost practically showing her ass in the freaking poster?

Anime, its so hard to like you sometimes.

Faynwulf

Day 1 for a well done Baki anime

Also F that moe stuff. If Netflix never pays for Moe content, I'll be a happy camper.

Same here. Baki could either be really good or the worst thing ever.

And fuck Moe/SoL Anime. If you watched one you watched them all.
That shitty Otaku bait kills/killed Anime.

Can't wait to see all of the momentum Shin put into the Godzilla series get destroyed by three rushed, low frame rate CGI anime flicks. :^|

No one's going to comment on the impossibly short skirt of AICO's schoolgirl protagonist? Did she really have to be in that pose almost practically showing her ass in the freaking poster?

No one else commented because you're seeing things that aren't there.

Can't wait to see all of the momentum Shin put into the Godzilla series get destroyed by three rushed, low frame rate CGI anime flicks. :^|

That sounds just like Polygon Pictures :^)

You can watch other series, maybe.

No one else commented because you're seeing things that aren't there.

Also this.

Day 1 for a well done Baki anime

Also F that moe stuff. If Netflix never pays for Moe content, I'll be a happy camper.

hahaha no.

Moe pays the bills.

Absolutely, I demand that someone at Bones fixes that picture with realistic skirt physics!

Mortemis

Banned
Netflix bringing some good looking shoes. I canceled my CR sub months ago, and while I'll probably get it back whenever JoJo shows up again Netflix is becoming good enough to give me my anime fix for the year.

jmdajr

Shit I thought it said Devil May Cry.

Fucking DEVILMAN!

705a0b22a581798b3ee3b5d7aef2b8c540f4f41e_hq.gif

duckroll

I'm curious to see how they adapt Saint Seiya into a mini series.

What we know so far is that it is a reboot, from scratch. The first season will have 12 episodes of 30 minutes each, and will cover the Galaxy Wars and Silver Saint arcs. It's implied there will be more in the future. The most interesting thing about this project though, is that it is produced in Japan, directed and designed by anime staffers at Toei, but it is written by an team of American cartoon writers.

https://okmusic.jp/news/195573

Story Editor & Head Writer: Eugene Son(Avengers: Secret Wars)

Screenplay: Benjamin Townsend (Thunderbirds are Go)
Shannon Eric Denton (Avengers: Secret Wars)
Thomas F. Zahler (Ultimate Spider-Man)
Joelle Sellner (Ben 10:Omniverse)
Travis Donnelly (Bull)
Thomas Pugsley (Ben 10)
Saundra Hall (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Shaene Siders (Avengers: Secret Wars)
Patrick Rieger (Justice League Action) etc

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I don't think there's really anything to worry about with Netflix killing other services, your comment just took my surprise as I quite frankly think there's a glut of SoL stuff as it is.

You're probably correct, I can certainly understand why people are welcoming this. There has been somewhat of a dearth of good action shows; I had to struggle to name any that I'd watched in the past couple of years, whereas give me five minutes and I could rattle off a long list of SOL/moe in the same timespan.

That said, that's probably more my tastes than anything. Haven't watched Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Kabaneri, Drifters, Bungou Stray Dogs, Mob Psycho, OPM, etc.

DMONKUMA

How many of these are going to be cellshaded cg garbage?

It seems only two are CG being Godzilla and Saint Seiya.

Devilman is definitely the standout and the one I'm mosted excited to see with Baki and Godzilla following closely.

TheMan

Good on Netflix for going in balls deep, no condom.

I hope they buy some other series to release this year, but I can be patient I guess.

Ryuukan

Nah. Crunchyroll gets subs and simulcasts of way now shows than Netflix. Netflix just produces new content here and there. But it's not an alternative if you wanna watch anime

there are literally people posting in this very thread saying they've switched to Netflix for anime

and again, simulcasts mean nothing if you're not interested in whats being simulcast

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I've decided I'm not going to be too concerned.

If crunchyroll dies then fansubbing will pick up the slack on stuff Netflix decides not to bring over.

blakep267

there are literally people posting in this very thread saying they've switched to Netflix for anime

and again, simulcasts mean nothing if you're not interested in whats being simulcast
How though? I look at Netflix anime section all the time. They maybe have 20-30 shows and a bunch of them are madocka magicka series or random shows that frankly nobody cares about. I really want to watch the second bleach movie. If your actually into new anime every season or wanna watch one piece db super,boruto, s2 of AoT MHA etc, youd either be using CR or Hulu.

Top Bottom