• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix's Iron Fist Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
They are. Arrow S5 shits on every Marvel show after DD S1. Flash S1 is better than every Marvel show. Current Legends of Tomorrow is more fun than any of the Marvel shows have ever been.

Yeah I'm gonna say you'll be pretty on your own with that opinion :D

Dunlop

They are. Arrow S5 shits on every Marvel show after DD S1. Flash S1 is better than every Marvel show. Current Legends of Tomorrow is more fun than any of the Marvel shows have ever been.

Maybe Arrow season 1 gave some of those show a run for their money, but I have to disagree wholeheartedly with everything you posted.

Not even a mention of Agents of Shield? For shame :p

AMUSIX

OK, I liked Arrow S1 and S2...watched up through most of S4. Obviously I haven't watched S5, but after the shit that was 3, and the complete shit that was 4, I simply cannot see how 5 could be better (as a lot of the shit was provided by the main characters, and I guess those haven't changed?).

As for Flash, it's fun, but it's light and goofy. A step above Supergirl. And then the leads were hit over and over with the idiot stick and the whole thing became painful to watch.

And LoT? Honestly? I commend anyone who can make it through season 1 of that show, and I've watched every episode.

Now, I'm a huge DC fan, which is why I've allowed myself to suffer through most of these shows, but there is NO way that any of them stand up to the best that Marvel's put out.

Blader

Flash S1 is amazing, y'all are haters

First 7-8 episodes are pretty bad, but the show really takes off with The Man in the Yellow Suit.

I'm not sure why people are so down on the second and third seasons either, it's still a pretty fun, funny, charming show.

Nope. Flash S1 is top tier. Marvel hasn't produced a villain as good as Reverse Flash.

Kilgrave is at least as good if not better.

Rooster12

OK, I liked Arrow S1 and S2...watched up through most of S4. Obviously I haven't watched S5, but after the shit that was 3, and the complete shit that was 4, I simply cannot see how 5 could be better (as a lot of the shit was provided by the main characters, and I guess those haven't changed?).

No one did.....but it's better.

DD season one was godly

after that it was all downhill. DD s2 was underwhelming, JJ was too long and Luke Cage for me was plainly unwatchable.

Superhero fatigue

LionPride

Banned
#StayWrong2K17

Also I'm seeing people say some mess about the MCU Netflix joints...

Maybe if people stopped binging shows in two days you would be able to actually enjoy that shit. Not everything needs to be binged.

Arrow S5 honestly might be better than it ever has been.
Yup, S5 is easily the most consistent season since S1/2. Plus it has the MVP Wild Dog.
tumblr_okrg2s8Chy1qfb0cno4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ohhkgj9E2o1qzucdqo5_500.gif

LakeEarth

DD S1 was great, but faltered on the last episode.
DD S2 and Luke Cage both have excellent first halves, then goes to crap in the second half (Luke Cage moreso than DD S2)
Jessica Jones has a great premise and villain, but everyone is so stupid that it becomes a frustrating watch. Plus JJ's powers seemed to differ from episode to episode, which bugged the hell out of me.

Not happy that Iron Fist looks crappy from the start. But the previews were really really bad, and that's after great hype-building trailers from all the other shows. The fact that Iron Fist's previews are so tepid and uninteresting tells me that the people who make the trailers don't have much to work with.

And do we really need ANOTHER superhero who inherited a billion dollar business?

Mario007

As for Flash, it's fun, but it's light and goofy. A step above Supergirl. And then the leads were hit over and over with the idiot stick and the whole thing became painful to watch.

And LoT? Honestly? I commend anyone who can make it through season 1 of that show, and I've watched every episode.

Now, I'm a huge DC fan, which is why I've allowed myself to suffer through most of these shows, but there is NO way that any of them stand up to the best that Marvel's put out.
"I haven't seen the things you're talking about but I'm sure I'm right and you're wrong."

And do we really need ANOTHER superhero who inherited a billion dollar business?

LOL I think the idea of a billionaire super hero who's benevolent to the common man, so much so, that he's willing to risk his life daily in order to save them is like the Whitest thing ever.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LOL I think the idea of a billionaire super hero who's benevolent to the common man, so much so, that he's willing to risk his life daily in order to save them is like the Whitest thing ever.

We now have a unified theory of how this got made and how Trump became President.

slade

Impressions in the OP just reaffirms that Marvel's TV division kinda coasted by on the strength of the 'Cinematic Universe' branding. It's the only way I can see someone saying that Iron Fist is Marvel TV's first misstep when Jessica Jones and Luke Cage also exist.

Now I'm kinda dreading even starting this show since Jessica Jones and Luke Cage both sucked.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think both the majority of Marvel and DC's live action TV stuff is pretty bad which is even sadder considering they could just rip off their animated series counterparts and be far stronger for it. Oh well

I think both the majority of Marvel and DC's live action TV stuff is pretty bad which is even sadder considering they could just rip off their animated series counterparts and be far stronger for it. Oh well
Neither can just rip off their animated material besides for their movies.
Ghost Rider & Daredevil are the only legitimate characters Marvel has been allowed to use for tv.
What exactly can they copy with those 2 characters?

Marvel's problem is AoS finally broke their constraints this season,
Meanwhile besides Daredevil Netflix series are starting too look too constrained for where they are building to.

Kin5290

Only in the most pants-on-head stupid way. Also, if people are complaining about fight scenes in Iron Fist they haven't seen anything in Legends of Tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom