• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes for Hire: Iron Fist joins Luke Cage S2

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/04/marvel-luke-cage-season-2-iron-fist-photo/

The Heroes for Hire are back in business. Danny Rand (Finn Jones) a.k.a. the Immortal Iron Fist a.k.a. Protector of K'un-Lun a.k.a. Sworn Enemy of the Hand a.k.a. the Defender the other Defenders kept picking on will appear in the second season of Marvel's Luke Cage with Luke Cage (Mike Colter) himself. Marvel is keeping details of Danny's involvement under wraps, but when Luke's standalone series returns on Netflix, the two comic-book partners will be seen together at least once. EW has the evidence with this exclusive first look at the pair in season 2:

marvels-luke-cage.jpg

If anything can remove the stench of Iron Fist Season 1, this is it.

Hyped.

Volimar

Did you know that he's the immortal Iron Fist?

Eh, they had some good lines together. Let's see how it plays out.

The setup for the future is the best part of the Defenders. I'm more interested in stuff like this and Misty Knight.

jrush64

Banned
I liked Iron Fist S1, In defenders him and Luke Cage were great together so I'm looking forward to this.

ZeroX03

Banned
It’s what it always should have been. Iron Fist pretty tainted now though, and the dynamic in The Defenders wasn’t exactly sizzling.

He could work as a guest star, sure. IF S2, on the other hand, is doomed without drastically reevaluating its approach to the character.

Zomba13

How to fix Danny:

1) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
2) Make him actually fight well
3) Let him actually do some cool Iron Fist shit
4) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
5) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.

How to fix Danny:

1) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
2) Make him actually fight well
3) Let him actually do some cool Iron Fist shit
4) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
5) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.

I think you’re on to something

It's the same person who directed Season 1, right? Maybe Danny will come off better.

Of course, second half of Luke Cage was garbage... But if we can stick to first half quality, I'm all in!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Marvel, stop. Everyone hates Fin Jones as Iron Fist. Don't make Luke Cage worse...

I honestly wonder if IF would have been more enjoyable if they cast someone else. I just don't like that guy.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I mean, whatever. It's not like there's anything of worth to ruin in Luke Cage anyway.

Primus

Repeat after me:

DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON
DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON
DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON

Make it happen, Netflix.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hot take: While I like Luke Cage mostly well, let's be real here. The only good Marvel Netflix series so far is Daredevil.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Gaf has turned on the idea of a Luke Cage/Iron Fist crossover? Their slowly growing relationship was one of the best parts of Defenders. Now that the hand is buried Danny should hopefully be as light hearted as he was in the first few episodes of Iron Fist season 1(that no one seems to remember).

As long as we get more of Luke shutting down Danny's bullshit I'm all for it.

Also wouldn't you rather they try to make Danny better than just get rid of him entirely?

Uhghhh Luke Cage gets 2 episodes to prove itself

They had some chemistry but it would be so much better with someone else as Iron fist

LotusHD

Banned
Hot take: While I like Luke Cage mostly well, let's be real here. The only good Marvel Netflix series so far is Daredevil.

Nope.

I honestly wonder if IF would have been more enjoyable if they cast someone else. I just don't like that guy.

It would have.

I mean, whatever. It's not like there's anything of worth to ruin in Luke Cage anyway.

If you say so.

Repeat after me:

DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON
DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON
DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON

Make it happen, Netflix.

I dunno how anyone is all that excited for that anymore, Colleen can't act. Defenders made this clear to me.

(that no one seems to remember).

Or maybe we do remember, but don't like him anyways

Luke Cage was representative of black excellence of 2016. It was so fucking good. Season 2 will be even better I have a feeling. Hot damn!

Thankfully it looks like Black Panther will be awesome. I expect nothing of Luke Cage after those last 6 episodes

Fist was only bad with Buck but he's not bad in Defenders

He is better than the extremely low bar set by Iron Fist but that's not saying much

Also LC better get more than the dimes left over at Marvel TV. The last few Netflix shows look like they got their budgets halved

Top Bottom