• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes for Hire: Iron Fist joins Luke Cage S2

Volimar

How to fix Danny:

1) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
2) Make him actually fight well
3) Let him actually do some cool Iron Fist shit
4) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
5) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.

6) Put on the costume

Slayven

Stop trying to make Fist happen

2259856-fist_him.jpg

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Or maybe we do remember, but don't like him anyways

...And the reason you all don't like him is because of how they directed his character after those first few episodes. All they had to do was emulate Dante's personality from Devil May Cry 1 as a template on how to handle Iron Fist. Only make him be serious when serious stuff actually happens.

LotusHD

Banned
Is she? I didn't think she was so bad.

Well, okay I might be slightly blinded by her hot Asianness.

Happens to the best of us, also I gave her slack in IF because it wasn't that hard to top Danny. In Defenders though, she was glaringly bad.

...And the reason you all don't like him is because of how they directed his character after those first few episodes. All they had to do was emulate Dante's personality from Devil May Cry 1 as a template on how to handle Iron Fist. Only make him be serious when serious stuff actually happens.

I didn't like him in Defenders either outside of like Ep. 3, so what now

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't like him in Defenders either outside of like Ep. 3, so what now

That's the point I was originally making. They screwed his character development and were unable to right the ship too fast without making it feel like a character/mood whiplash in Defenders. He has potential to be the funny lighthearted Iron Fist but they have to build up to that again. The hand being dead and this season of LC will help.

Cuburt

Defenders should have just been Heroes for Hire instead of shoehorning an Avengers premise onto these characters and co opting the team name.

I would have been excited if they executed this all better but after Iron Fist and Defenders, I'm much more lukewarm to the whole Netflix thing, even though Defenders did pull off some more of the crossover goodness I was hoping to see from the beginning.

I just feel like the lack of Kevin Feige is felt.

JCHandsom

If they make it a season-long show centered around Luke lecturing Danny about his white privilege I'll be down.

That was one of the best parts of Defenders.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Will Iron Fist be a total jobber who can't use his actual power more than once for 2 seconds? Will he be completely humorless and pissed off all season? People TOTALLY loved that in Iron First and Defenders.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I've never seen iron fist. Was he the same whiny child that he was in the defenders?

In the first 2-3 episodes, he was light hearted, playful and a bit funny in how he handled situations. Afterwards when he learned of the hand/other important plot points he became the person you described. Since the hand is now gone, theoretically his character should go back to being a bit more light hearted like he was in those first few episodes, especially with Luke Cage being around him. Time(and good writers) will tell.

sappyday

I don't mind Finn Jones or Iron Fist himself. I don't think they should drop him just cause he had a terrible first season. Improve on him and make him better.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'd say this is a smart move. Season 1 obviously didn't work so they're introducing an element to "win" people back for Season 2. Supergirl did the same thing last season while changing networks.

Idk if a Luke cameo is enough for me. All these Netflix Marvel shows have become very samey.

Briarios

I was much more interested to see where Iron Fist goes after I saw The Defenders ... so, I'm down for some more of him in Luke Cage. The guys had a pretty good dynamic -- besides their own comics, it makes me think of some of the old social issue Green Lantern/Green Arrow comics ... they could do some good stuff with the two of them.

Will they? I dunno ... but, I'm hoping.

Sojgat

This version of Danny Rand is beyond terrible, and I'm beginning to suspect that Colter's Luke Cage isn't much better. Hopefully the new showrunner can turn it around because the continuing adventures of Insufferable Dumbass and Uncharismatic Man don't really interest me.

Also, I don't want some cheap Netflix Shang-Chi show either. The character deserves his own movie.

You know...

I don't understand why Iron Fist isn't a kung-fu master of extra legendary skill. Instead he's like just an upper level Hand-Ninja person. The only thing which puts him over the top is his stupid IRON FIST. If I gave a ninja a normal GUN which you know... murders people at long distance... I'd say that would be superior to the "Immortal Iron Fist" with his glowing hand. That's preposterous his whole gimmick is unworthy of his name.

** Why can't his normal Kung-fu be so bad ass he eats ninja's for lunch without using his fist?

That would be more inline with someone like Captain America where his Shield doesn't define the character it simply makes it so he can dance with upper tier characters when needed. (Cap blocking Thor's hammer)

Fuchsdh

Luke Cage and Iron Fist's repartee in The Defenders was easily the best part of the show, and since they don't seem to understand how to make Danny Rand work separately I'm down with this.

Stiler

Iron Fist is so damn bland I can't stand him. The acting/writing is just so cringy...

Daredevil is 10x better on the show then most of the other heroes.

How to fix Danny:

1) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
2) Make him actually fight well
3) Let him actually do some cool Iron Fist shit
4) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
5) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
6) Whenever Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand?"

D i Z

They kind of need to make this happen. It's the only way to recover the character from this disaster and show us their bromance.
Maybe Misty meeting Danny will get him back to regular Danny and knock him the fuck out of 'dumbass this ain't Danny at all' status.

Not

Banned
I'm not watching any more of these shows except maybe Punisher

Long as Danny Rand stays out of that one too

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I hated Iron Fist, the main guy is just awful. Luke Cage wasn't amazing but it was OK, I can't see how Iron Fist won't drag it down.

Top Bottom