• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Colter talks Luke Cage's friendship with Iron Fist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/15/the-defenders-mike-colter-luke-cage-iron-fist/
And so, by the time the Defenders unite, Luke will be acting as “the conciliator” for the group. “I’m the guy, the wisdom,” Colter says. “If you want to make sure something works, run it up the flagpole.” It’s a description showrunner Marco Ramirez finds fitting. “Luke is someone who’s, in a very mature way, compartmentalized his life.”

As the mature one, Luke will have a mentor-mentee relationship with Finn Jones’ Danny Rand, a.k.a. Iron Fist, a.k.a. the newest member of the Defenders lineup. “He’s a young guy. There’s an exuberance that Iron Fist comes with that Luke Cage wants to temper a bit,” Colter teases. “It can’t help but have a wisdom-versus-youth quality… Danny comes out like a bull in a china shop in some ways, and I think Luke has seen the world and knows certain things. It’s a cool combination that’ll work out.”
Sounds like Danny will be the loose cannon of the squad.

tumblr_ntdblqNIz31qzuq1ho1_500.jpg

I better get my god damn Luke Cage (Power Man) and Iron Fist spin-off.

Still, has me much more excited for the Iron Fist series.

Sesha

I better get my god damn Luke Cage (Power Man) and Iron Fist spin-off.

Still, has me much more excited for the Iron Fist series.

We need a Heroes for Hire movie. Directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller.

I mean, we're never gonna get one. At all. But we need it

I want more Luke Cage, but at the same time I want it to go only two seasons (same for Iron Fist) so we can then get a Heroes for Hire series with the two of them, while Daredevil and Jessica Jones do their own thing but make a couple appearances every now and then.

It'd also be cool if then introduced other heroes like Moon Knight that'd go on and get their own shows.

I want more Luke Cage, but at the same time I want it to go only two seasons (same for Iron Fist) so we can then get a Heroes for Hire series with the two of them, while Daredevil and Jessica Jones do their own thing but make a couple appearances every now and then.

It'd also be cool if then introduced other heroes like Moon Knight that'd go on and get their own shows.

Moon Knight only works if you can use his insanity as a focal point. Need him in the movie universe not just the TV one to get maximum impact.

The Kree

Banned
Moon Knight only works if you can use his insanity as a focal point. Need him in the movie universe not just the TV one to get maximum impact.

That kind of thing probably works better in a longer format though. A movie would end up being more action oriented. They've been going really heavy on the action stuff since phase 2.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Danny's gonna be the one who actually understands the threat they're facing it seems, makes sense that he's the loose cannon.

Have they said what the big bad is gonna be for defenders yet? Can't imagine they ratchet up too hard since it's been fairly tame for street level.

The Kree

Banned
Danny's gonna be the one who actually understands the threat they're facing it seems, makes sense that he's the loose cannon.

Danny comes back from K'un Lun like some crazed war veteran. "I SEEN SOME SHIT, MAN."

Have they said what the big bad is gonna be for defenders yet? Can't imagine they ratchet up too hard since it's been fairly tame for street level.

I hope it's The Beast.

So basically their current dynamic, as opposed to their old one? I assume the Defenders will be very much like another famous superhero team as far as dynamics go:

Luke Cage = Leonardo
Jessica Jones = Raphael
Daredevil = Donatello
Iron Fist = Michaelangelo

So basically their current dynamic, as opposed to their old one? I assume the Defenders will be very much like another famous superhero team as far as dynamics go:

Luke Cage = Leonardo
Jessica Jones = Raphael
Daredevil = Donatello
Iron Fist = Michaelangelo
Wouldn't it be more like

JJ = Mikey (lazy, given to vices)
IF = Raph (wild card, aggressive)

PixelatedBookake

I feel like if they go the Warren Ellis direction it would work well for Netflix. The "multiple hero personalities" thing might be too expensive considering the characters they'd need.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was expecting Jessica to be the wild card loose cannon. But it works for Danny too.

Wouldn't it be more like

JJ = Mikey (lazy, given to vices)
IF = Raph (wild card, aggressive)
Given JJ's arc over the course of her show, she's mostly just angry at everything that happened to her and the ones she cared about. It's not so much laziness. And her vices were the only way she coped with her depression and other issues. Assuming they go the way I think, Danny will be more light-hearted.

Though I can see it as the other way around
Yo, I saw Like Cage and there wasn't any wisdom there.
You miss his speeches and monologues some how?

I have to strongly disagree. Moon Knight could only be done justice in long format. Unlike, say Batman, he doesn't have the benefit of being a well established character in pop culture. People know diddly squat about Moon Knight. To do him right as an entry point for the uninitiated, a TV show is best way to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom