• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Misty Knight's new look in Luke Cage Season 2 (Defenders spoilers)

Dalek

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/29/misty-knight-bionic-arm-first-look-luke-cage-season-2/

Misty Knight (Simone Missick) has a new look. An extra-durable one.

Yup, this daughter of the dragon has finally gotten the upgrade that allows her to match her comic-book counterpart: She now wields a prosthetic bionic arm — spoiler alert! — to replace the one the Hand villain Bakuto (Ramón Rodríguez) sliced off in Marvel’s The Defenders. And for those who need a refresher, at the end of the team-up series, Misty wound up recovering in a hospital owned by Danny Rand (Finn Jones) and watched over by Colleen Wing (Jessica Henwick).

Clearly, she’s back in action by the time she appears in Luke Cage season 2 — and below, EW has the exclusive first look at the NYPD detective sporting her high-tech enhancement alongside Luke (Mike Colter) and his unbreakable skin:

Marvel, as usual, is keeping details of how and when Misty gets her bionic arm under wraps, but in the comics, Misty’s bionic arm was designed by Tony Stark and Stark Industries after she lost the limb in a bombing. The arm grants her superhuman strength and a slew of other abilities involving energy blasts and gravity fields and even a nifty ability to control robots.

sdkfje.jpg

Dynomutt

The arm grants her superhuman strength and a slew of other abilities involving energy blasts and gravity fields and even a nifty ability to control robots.
Netflix ain't got time for that. Maybe some enhanced strength. It will be an advanced prosthetic provided by Rand Enterprises. At most they will have a few scenes with her experiencing phantom limb syndrome. That's it.

caliph95

Netflix ain't got time for that. Maybe some enhanced strength. It will be an advanced prosthetic provided by Rand Enterprises. At most they will have a few scenes with her experiencing phantom limb syndrome. That's it.
She can only use it once per episode

Maybe we can get a Robert Downey Jr. cameo? That would be cool. Also I learned in the comics the arm can shoot beams and can control robots, but I think in this it will only be punching through stuff, breaking locks, and lifting people.

Fury451

Banned
Took them long enough

I criticize the pacing of the Netflix shows as much as the next person, but having her get her hand cut off and replaced in the first season of LC would've been pretty ridiculous, that's one of the few plot points paced fairly well all things considered.

Quality of these Marvel Netflix series are really deteriorating. I think they need to have shorter seasons and a more focused narratives.

It looks great, although a bit "boring" i'd say. Danny (or Tony, if maybe his company is also partially funding it?) should convince her to get it painted gold later in the season.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I get that they are going with a real life prosthetic look (I guess?) but I wanted my winter soldier-style arm :(

aly

tumblr_nted2cWtwp1r7a8ifo1_1280.jpg

I'd rather watch this

Why didn't this happen

Is this Scott Buck's fault, too?

I'm blaming the entire Netflix MCU for failing to give us this. Colleen and Danny are boring and Danny is terrible.

Easily the worst character in the entire Marvel Netflix mess.

Karen, Colleen, IF Claire, Danny, and the entire Hand would have a word with you.

Top Bottom