• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes for Hire: Iron Fist joins Luke Cage S2

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
the two worst marvel tv shows are doing a teamup!?!?

/sips shit milkshake

BlastCore

Banned
If you're not gonna hire an actor that can actually do (or at least learn) Martial Arts then don't even bother with Iron Fist. Either recast him or say he died on his way to his home planet.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Interesting news. Iron Fist was obviously the worst of the Netflix series (the only bad one, I'd say) but I'm curious if they can start to salvage the character by putting him in this.

Luke S1 was awesome so I have some hope.

Hot damn they probably are planning to sack both characters

Not sure what you mean by this.

a916

Iron Fist was awful... and Luke Cage was bland and boring after Cottonmouth... looks like Luke Cage S02 will continue that trajectory.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Great news! I liked Iron Fist ...him failing all the time was interesting....IMO....Comic book Iron Fist is boring 90% of the time.

yunbuns

Danny was actually tolerable in his scenes with Luke so I don't mind this.

No JJ, no sale. Stop making Luke and Claire happen.

Whatever chemistry Jessica snd Luke are supposed to have isn't there at all imo. Luke's actor has better chem with Rosario.

BobLoblaw

Banned
If you're not gonna hire an actor that can actually do (or at least learn) Martial Arts then don't even bother with Iron Fist. Either recast him or say he died on his way to his home planet.
QUTbkNw.png

How to fix Danny:

1) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
2) Make him actually fight well
3) Let him actually do some cool Iron Fist shit
4) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
5) Stop having him say he's the immortal Iron Fist, defender of Kun Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand.
7PfMQ8D.jpg

Wow Danny Rand and Luke Cage teaming up, what a novel idea. Never saw it coming.

Seriously they should have merged their two shows together in the first place and just called it Heroes for Hire instead of giving either a 2nd season. Maybe that's the direction they're headed anyways.

I'm definitely ready for some Daughters of the Dragon action.

Oddduck

I want Daredevil to make brief appearances in Jessica Jones.

The chemistry and one-liners between Matt and Jess was one of the best things about The Defenders (which was a very dull show).

chaos789

Banned
Give Iron Fist a mask, so we can have a stunt double at all times. Hopefully that would make for better stunt work.

But I thought Iron Fist was supposed to be "successful" in terms of viewerships or something? Why not just give him his own second season? Aah writers and executives.

Oddduck

The writers are more to blame than Finn Jones. He sucks as Danny, but he was given shit to work with.

I agree.

After seeing how awful Inhumans is, I don't see why people throw all of the blame on Finn Jones instead of Scott Buck.

The Defenders is not a well-written show either. With or without Iron Fist.

No suit/mask.
No martial arts.
No charisma.

Why should I care about Iron Fist? Also, Luke and Jessica needed to happen,
Claire should've got bodied at the end of Defenders instead of Misty getting sliced.

While I wasn't too hot on the series, I actually felt that Luke and Danny's moments together in Defenders were pretty good. Their first scene together in the dojo where the conversation seems to be going well, then takes a sharp turn to sour was one of the better interactions in the series.

AndersK

While I wasn't too hot on the series, I actually felt that Luke and Danny's moments together in Defenders were pretty good. Their first scene together in the dojo where the conversation seems to be going well, then takes a sharp turn to sour was one of the better interactions in the series.

Yeah, I can't help but think the above is the reason for Danny boy making an appearance.

I'm all for Luke giving him more reality checks. He needs em.

Top Bottom