• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Agent screenshots leaked by former Rockstar dev

CHC

Looks outrageously bland and boring, I'm not surprised that they focused on more exciting projects.

Of course I could be wrong but given what we have to judge, it looks like somewhere I've been plenty of times before.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Because it's a Roackstar game?

You know, the same company behind games like GTA, RDR and Bully?

the same company behind LA Noire and State of Emergency. They can't all be winners.

gaming has changed so much in the years since this was announced. Even if it was a real game it would be so out of date.

RK128

why do people keep clinging to this game? It was a logo like 8 years ago. let it go.

2015 was the year of dreams and games that were a joke or pipe dream last generation are coming back in full force this generation like Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian. I wouldn't be surprised if Crash Bandicoot Returns, Agent and God of War IV are the big announcements for next year.

salromano

the same company behind LA Noire and State of Emergency. They can't all be winners.

gaming has changed so much in the years since this was announced. Even if it was a real game it would be so out of date.

L.A. Noire was Team Bondi and State of Emergency was VIS Entertainment. Rockstar Games published these titles.

Agent was supposed to be/is still? Rockstar North, the team that makes Grand Theft Auto.

Mifune

Mehmber
L.A. Noire was Team Bondi and State of Emergency was VIS Entertainment. Rockstar Games published these titles.

Agent was supposed to be/is still? Rockstar North, the team that makes Grand Theft Auto.

Yep. Not to mention it was something of a passion project for Dan Houser. 70s espionage open world game could still be pretty cool, although I doubt it's on deck for Rockstar.

why do people keep clinging to this game? It was a logo like 8 years ago. let it go.

OelVq.gif

Easy, there. The wound is still fresh.

Yeesh, that 2006-08 brown and grey. There's a wake up call. Suddenly I'm not so fussed about Agent coming back from the dead.

Roussow

I got some crazy Modern Warfare / Counter Strike vibes from those shots.

What was Agent even going to be? Does anyone know? Was it a third person shooter with a focus on stealth? I've got no idea -- based on these screenshots, it just looks like a shooter.

Mifune

Mehmber
I got some crazy Modern Warfare / Counter Strike vibes from those shots.

What was Agent even going to be? Does anyone know? Was it a third person shooter with a focus on stealth? I've got no idea -- based on these screenshots, it just looks like a shooter.

Yeah, there's certainly a lot of shooting going on in these screenshots.

I think making any sort of guesses about Agent based on old-ass level assets is a bit dumb. All we know is that it was a Rockstar North espionage game set during the Cold War.

Why are people making complaints about old (and possibly the first?) screenshots of a game we haven't heard of in eight years? Eyeroll.jpg

Y'all acting like it's coming out next week, relax.

No info along with the leaked screens?

So who knows how old these shots are. Wouldnt be shocked if they are from the old 2009-10 build we got those 2 screen shots of a hallway from years ago.

JayEH

I like how some people here are saying it's generic based on a couple of 5 year old screens lol.

Clive

With The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy vs. XIII finally coming out this is the last big PS3 exclusive.

sensi97

I didn't see them posted in the thread so here are the comments from the artist's website
These are samples of the environment art work I took ownership of during my time on yet to be published game called Agent. Not sure if this project will ever be published but it was first announced by Sony at E3 in 2009. Here is the link to Wikipedia regarding the details of the game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_(video_game)

I was given a roughed out grey box village on a mountain side and I had to take ownership of it all the way to completion. Everything in these areas I controlled. From the way buildings sat and interacted with the empty space, asset creating, UV and Texture. Dirt blending between buildings and environment floor, and game play design.

The art team were taken off this project to focus on GTA5.
http://darrenhatton.wix.com/resume-v2#!vstc0=agent-art/albumphotos13=0

gnexus

Looks like a Call of Duty, or Counterstrike map...

Just more breadcrumbs of that delicious mythical sandwich that will never come to fruition.

Awesome stuff to see, though.

I'm sorry that an eight year old Rockstar project looked a bit shit.

I'm also sorry you think brown city is an inspired game environment. Games have been past that shit for years now.

I'm sorry that you think this fake condescension is effective. People throw around generic and it's lost all meaning.

Huh. Even though 1970s ME is a fascinating and perfectly appropriate setting, I'd just assumed the Agent screens we'd see first would be of Western European cities.

does that mean they're contractually obliged to make a PS exclusive?
Probably not because Sony weren't exactly dealing from a position of strength -- they had already written off the entire project and there was way too much negative publicity surrounding employee exploitation at Team Bondi. Plus Sony were making terrible decisions on a daily basis around that time.

NoKisum

Stupid question: Outside of these leaked screens, had we seen anything of the game at all? I can't recall coming across a single trailer.

Getting some real de_dust vibes off these screenshots. I'm hoping development is still active, though I'd like some confirmation in general on the game's status.

Parham

Banned
Given how much manpower it takes to produce a new GTA game, does Rockstar North even have the bandwidth to lead development on The Agent and GTA 6?

Top Bottom