• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alan Wake info "soon"

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Ariexv said:
So according to a "Super" Mod on the Alan Wake forums.... the media blackout won't continue much longer.... Can't wait to hear some more stuff about this!

Rolling Thunder.

AmMortal

Banned
Can't wait to see what this game is actually about. I heard from GAF that it as silent hill -ish.

Well, might be awesome, or not.

guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Doytch

Not interested unless someone cracks it for XP. Their Vista-only crap turned me off, and I'm not buying 360 games unless they're essential(RROD fears).

Mau ®

Pre-E3 showing and then major E3 showing, I suppose?

I really want this game. Hopefully its still a 2008 game.

PC version for me!

beerbelly

Banned
It looks like insiders are eager to show off what they've got but Microsoft is keeping their lips sealed. We already have a Rare employee (George K) who posts here from time to time to drop hints.

I honestly thought I heard someone saying it would be a September game. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Apparently the September date was just a retailer estimate, all they're saying is "when its done".

armubaba

GenericPseudonym said:
I honestly thought I heard someone saying it would be a September game. I'll see if I can find it.

Same here. I could've sworn I remembered it being confirmed for late '08.

It's about god damn time.

Shit, we haven't seen this game in over a year. I hope Remedy has been cooking something awesome over the past year!

I AM READY FOR YOU TO BLOW MY MIND ALAN WAKE!

AmericanNinja said:
bah. I lost interest in this game a long time ago.

That's because it's been that long since you've seen any info on it. You have lost interest because the developers imposed a media blackout.

BUT ITS ARE ABOUT TO AWAKE.

I'm sure the developers will have just the remedy we seek.

Perhaps a game that will leave all others in it's wake?

Maybe I'll ask my friend Alan what he thinks?

Ryuuga

Banned
Fantastic! I was crazy to think it'd release around fall this year but new info is the next best thing. I can't even begin to fathom how much progress has been made since the last time we've seen this title.

I hate this. If you don't have any specific date don't say anything. In similar way, we were supposed to get new media from BK3 too. Nothing so far.

How about just releasing media without saying anything in advance?

Mr Jared

This is still my most anticipated game (has been since it was announced before Christ) and it will be amazing.

That said, I wouldn't expect it until 2009 :(

alkaline black said:
This is still my most anticipated game (has been since it was announced before Christ) and it will be amazing.

That said, I wouldn't expect it until 2009 :(

Ultimately I think it will be 2009, but we never know. Maybe itll be this year, maybe a release date announcement at e3?

heres to hoping!

release date, that's all i need

Darunia said:
alan awakes lol

ThulsaDoom.jpg

AmMortal

Banned
..why the hell are they taking so long?

is this game gonna be graphically enhanced, far above the big ones now ( GT5 etc.)?

is this game gonna be like GTA? Setting its own gameplay style?

Just what is it,that's taking so long to just even mention or show one new screenshot?

LaneDS

I really hope this ends up as a suitable substitute for Silent Hill, as my interest in SH5 is supremely low, and Alan Wake previews always gave me a nice SH vibe.

DuckRacer

I'm going to make a baseless, unproven prediction that we'll see new Alan Wake info in the 4/11 GTTV, just because I can.

Barakov

Gold Member
~Kinggi~ said:
Man the media blackout has been severe for this one. Hopefully it is awesome.

Yeah. But I think Remedy said that the next you saw the game it would be finished.

Top Bottom