• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ARMS Character Trailer: Helix (DNA Man)

SalvaPot

I didn't hear about this story mode.

Apart from that, sounds like less content and less depth than launch SFV. 10 characters is low, especially when they're all essentially clones.

Well, the game still has some time until release, I guess an Arcade Mode is a given, since that one is common sense and will make a good tutorial.

And since we are expecting 10 to 15 characters a story mode should be possible too. Splatoon was a game that also a lot of GAFfers where expecting to be online only and surprised us with a very solid single player campaign. The ARMS stages themselves are full of teases and details that hint at a deeper story and lore in the game. For example, all characters seem to belong to a different entity, only one of the characters is human (While most are not called as such), Master Mummy has amnesia and they made it a point to mention he has a reason to join the tournament.

Honestly, I am expecting a story mode for each character and it seems the amount of detail is proof enough. An ARMS direct on May or first week of June seems like a given.

Edit: About the clone comment, you should check the invitation tornament with professional Smash/Street Fighter players, every character has something unique that make them play in a very different way. ARMS has a heavy focus on positioning and movement, and as you can see every character has his own tools. Spring Man is the only normal one.

casiopao

I didn't hear about this story mode.

Apart from that, sounds like less content and less depth than launch SFV. 10 characters is low, especially when they're all essentially clones.

Clones? Are we even watching the same video here.O_O I am confused lol. Are you feeling petty that people are hyped for this game while don't give a care about SFV lol.

And seeing that this is a new IP and the fact it can be compared to SFV shows how pathetic SFV is in launch lol.

Looks awesome. Man...with all these characters and their stretchy limbs, I never knew I freaking wanted a party boxing game with a bunch of different Dhalsims.

Chao

1vTBkfK.jpg

tumblr_o1ncyg867r1v20qjdo1_500.jpg

Shinypogs

Arms continues to look great but Helix is 100% nope for me, his movements and voice effects are just a little too off for me. Not in a bad way but more of a " oh please god keep it way it's gonna kill me" sense.

Winthorpe

Banned
For the life of me, I can’t muster any interest in ARMS but absolutely everyone that plays it seems to love it. And it’s not a ‘yeah, that was kinda cool’ comment but a genuine, infectious excitement for the game. I’m struck by how many have said that, at live events, it was the one game that returned to, over and over again – the most instructive sign there is. Even Edge this month seems to be hinting at the fact that this could be a really big title for Nintendo.

At this point, I'm merely interested in this because:

- it's got a wonderful - yet insanely creepy - vibe/attitude
- Genuinely curious to how the damn thing actually plays

...seriously, all the video I've seen, I STILL don't understand it :(

Mandelbo

What don't you understand about it?

It's pretty simple tbh. Hold tight joycons upright in each hand, tilt them in various directions to move forward/back/left/right, punch them forward to punch etc.

It was pretty fun when I played it :)

Waji

So disturbing. This video made me think about Soul Calibur and not only because of the Voldo feeling... I think.

But damn, why would they not accept to keep his name as "DNA man" : /, that's just sad.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
So we know of at least two more fighters in the form of white robot and Egyptian girl, correct?

That makes 9, so probably at least 10 fighters?

certainly dodge and flexable. bit meh on the design but interesting to see in action

Besides Mechanica, are any of these motherfuckers human?

Seems they are human. With families and all.
just born with a special ARMS ability

Mechanica
Affiliation: Scrap Yard*
Height: 7'8" (5'2" on foot)
Weight: 1202lbs (99lbs on foot)
Favorite Things: ARMS fighters(especially Ribbon Girl!)

Genius workshop technician and ARMS fanatic!
Doesn't possess the stretchy ”ARMS Ability"* herself, so she fights in her self-made powered suit!
She uses her hover ability to soar around the stage of her dreams, the ARMS Grand Prix!

Min Min
Affiliation: Mentenhan Restaurant*
Height: 5'5"
Weight: I'm on a diet...
Favorite Things: My mother's ramen

Customer magnet for Mentenhan Restaurant*, famous for their delicious ramen!
She'll noodle through the Grand Prix by knocking away her opponent's attacks with her harsh kicks and personality!
Will she win the champion's belt, and send her parents' restaurant into the spotlight?

lordmrw

This continues to look more and more interesting. I'm dreading when the reviews come out as it will be obvious which reviewers simply waggled around and didn't bother trying to learn the game's mechanics.

SalvaPot

This continues to look more and more interesting. I'm dreading when the reviews come out as it will be obvious which reviewers simply waggled around and didn't bother trying to learn the game's mechanics.

Yep, it will probably review between 5 and 8 with the people who won't bother trying it out.

On the other hand, it may review high since most people that play it claims is intuitive and fun.

Lol he looks pretty neat and goofy but his dodge ability is pretty awesome. Also they showed some new fists too, the Lion fist looks interesting.

Top Bottom