• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman Arkham Knight Trailer

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Do you know what one of the definitions of a bullshot is? It's a screenshot downsampled from a much higher resolution, which you just proved the picture you chose to be.

GAF told me if you see jaggies it's not a bullshot anymore.

jett

D-Member
They finally nailed his face, he looks like he needs to take a dump badly, as he should.

Still not CG, as he wanted to show the guy he quoted. Also wouldn't downsampling eliminate jaggies?

He first posted a downsampled version of the complete version of that picture earlier in the thread, wrongly trying to trick people by asking them if it's a bullshot.

GAF told me if you see jaggies it's not a bullshot anymore.

You posted a cropped picture of a huge 4K image as proof that a downsampled picture of that was not a bullshot.

What are you doing there buddy.

Probably debated to death already but yeh, this is a 'gameplay' trailer only in the loosest sense.

Apart form a few seconds of what appears to the actual gameplay perspective (even then no UI whatsoever in any of these shots, wonder if that's gonna be like that in the game) this was in-engine/ingame/real-time or whatnot. But it certainly didn't demonstrate gameplay from a perspective that's actually any useful.

Not the worst, still unnecessary marketing bullshit that I roll my eyes at.

Pavaloo

Looks great

In-engine cutscenes are very welcome too. I wonder if this means alternate costumes will be seen in cutscenes as well

McWhoopass

Neo Member
Wow, that looks amazing. I'm at least 83% more excited for this now because the voice over (the Arkham Knight?) in the trailer is by John Noble from Lord of the Rings, Fringe, and Sleepy Hollow. That man has one of the best voices in all of entertainment-dom.

Sn4ke_911

He first posted a downsampled version of the complete version of that picture earlier in the thread, wrongly trying to trick people by asking them if it's a bullshot.

You posted a cropped picture of a huge 4K image as proof that a downsampled picture of that was not a bullshot.

What are you doing there buddy.

I didn't try to trick anyone, the fuck are you talking about? i cropped the picture so i don't have to use the quote tag.

Here is the full version:
http://ap.ign.com/pictures/articles/11945/69336.jpg

ghibli99

Daaaamn, that's how you do a trailer! I'm probably in the minority in that I enjoyed Origins quite a bit, but man, this just looks insanely good. Can't wait!

Kaswa101

Wow, that looks amazing. I'm at least 83% more excited for this now because the voice over (the Arkham Knight?) in the trailer is by John Noble from Lord of the Rings, Fringe, and Sleepy Hollow. That man has one of the best voices in all of entertainment-dom.

Is that confirmed? Because it'd be awesome if true.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This is ps4 footage according to the pixel counters

Someone already did a pixel count on a game 5 months off from release?
iby3m1SzB88E7U.png

Salsa

suit is bad

just let me play with whatever dlc / pre-order bullcrap suit they put out in my first go instead of after finishing the game

Liked the look of this! It's seemingly not a ground breaking game in terms of visuals, but for a UE3 game it looked quite nice, especially the few glimpses we saw of particle effects. It's shown enough to me to feel like a true next-gen game.

Batmobile should be fun to drive around in and break up the on-foot sequences nicely too.

Still need to get around to playing Arkham City. Never really felt like playing it even though I enjoyed Asylum and I've had it on Steam for quite a while now, but after that trailer it's definitely moved up my backlog list quite substantially!

Pretty "meh" trailer to me. Maybe I would have like it better if they hadn't called it a "Gameplay Trailer", and then shown maybe 10 seconds total of gameplay.

Yarbskoo

Not sure how I feel about the new Batsuit, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got some alternate skins at some point anyway.

The rest of the game looks pretty good visually, and I just can't help being excited when I hear Kevin Conroy's Batman.

Ok this looks absolutely incredible. A true next gen open world experience.

I love the Batman lore and the story for this game seems fantastic. Oh and driving the bat mobile is going to be divine.

Hope that was PS4 footage as I have no PC and want those graphics!

Probity

I see a lot of mixed reviews on the suit, but I don't know.

While I understand the appeal of the original simple design that the batsuit has had in the past games and comics, these improvements make sense for Batman. It makes a lot of sense that he'd work on tech enhancements over time to make his work easier or more effective. For fighting, I can see why he'd want flexible lightweight plates over the leather he used to have.

If you don't recall, he took a pretty good amount of physical damage in the previous games. And that said, flexible plates still allow quick movement and good mobility in battle, and allow for a lot of extra improvements. I like the design overall.

Sn4ke_911

While I understand the appeal of the original simple design that the batsuit has had in the past games and comics, these improvements make sense for Batman. It makes a lot of sense that he'd work on tech enhancements over time to make his work easier or more effective. For fighting, I can see why he'd want flexible lightweight plates over the leather he used to have.

If you don't recall, he took a pretty good amount of physical damage in the previous games. And that said, flexible plates still allow quick movement and good mobility in battle, and allow for a lot of extra improvements. I like the design overall.

Well said my friend, well said and that's why it would make little sense giving him even less armor.

Some Nobody

I like the suit, but man that one bit where the suit "flexed" was weird as crap. Made him look like an Autobot, lol. But overall I've got nothing against Batman using technology to be better--I've always hated the "just the suit and some 'rangs" Bats, which is usually the same crowd as "he should be the only crimefighter in Gotham"--that means they're wrong twice. :p

Top Bottom