• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman Arkham Knight Trailer

SJRB

Gold Member
Ironically, Arkham Knight's suit is 10 times better than Robocop Batman.

A bit too militaristic of course, but still better.

I wonder how they're going to handle not letting Batman just run over people with the Batmobile. I really hope the solution isn't to just empty the streets, but I have a feeling that will be how they do it.

McWhoopass

Neo Member
Is that confirmed? Because it'd be awesome if true.

I couldn't find anything definite but I've always loved his voice and can usually recognize it when I hear it. I know he's done some other voice work in video games. Still not sure what character he actual is in this but I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I was only joking but
this is comic books we're talking about.

I hate to copy myself from a few pages back but ...

So The Joker is now a well trained martial artist who can physically hold up against Batman? and all that after how sick he was in AC? ... really?

and speaking of his voice, this guy sounds absolutely nothing like Mark Hamill. and Rocksteady wouldn't cast anyone else to voice The Joker than Hamill himself.

another point: If Rocksteady comes out and says The Joker is dead dead dead... and fucking dead, then i'm pretty sure we can believe them, i doubt they would flat out lie.

Arkham Knight is not the Joker, it's not possible. I know it's an inside joke everyone is the Joker HAHA but no seriously, no just no.

trailer looked goddamn amazing to me. maybe i should finally play Arkham Asylum and Arkham City...

Get on it ASAP, amazing games. Oh and don't skip Origins, it's awesome!

^^Why so seriousss?! :p

Game looks so good, I can't wait for it! I wonder how well my Intel i5 2500K+GTX 660ti is going to be able to run this. :\

It handles the other games without breaking a sweat even with Physx on, but this looks like a pretty big leap over those games.

SJRB

Gold Member
I hope it's Hugo Strange and they go full circle and give him the role everyone expected during Arkham City.

Philippo

So the most expected characters to be behind Arkham Knight are supposed to be
Hush
and
Jason Todd
right? what if it's
Ra's
?
No wait plot twist it's
Damian Wayne

SJRB

Gold Member
So Hugo Strange is now a well trained martial artist who can physically hold up against Batman? ... really? :p

Eh.. yeah?

jRg37MC.jpg

Arkham City's portrayal of Strange is deeply flawed.

I think that The Joker will be in the game but probably just in something like the Scarecrow's fear induced hallucinations.

As for the Arkham Knight. I don't think he will be Jason Todd just because there really hasn't been any mention of him in previous games, just Dick and Tim Drake. I could see him being Thomas Elliot (HUSH), Ra's or even an older version of Damian Wayne.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
God, that suit looks so dumb.

Everything else looks so good, but his suit in AA/AC was so much better, they should've just iterated on that or used the armored suit already in the AA/AC game:

The suit looks like an interation on the Origins suit, which makes no sense. It feels like a different franchise/different studio designed it.

As soon as you enter the arena with the large paper/posters hanging from the sides your fps should drop heavily, other than that it doesnt run to bad maxed, in my experience... i always forget that i play with downsampling res. Maybe those poster/physX thingies aren`t that bad in 1080p.

no that room is just bad lol. Was fun fighting slade with no prompts at like 20fps :)

AndyD

aka andydumi

Everything else looks so good, but his suit in AA/AC was so much better, they should've just iterated on that or used the armored suit already in the AA/AC game:

The suit looks like an interation on the Origins suit, which makes no sense. It feels like a different franchise/different studio designed it.

Yep, I don't want IronBatMan.

I'm sure there will be unlockable costumes.

Yea but Rocksteady have said there's no pre-rendered cutscenes in AK. Meaning those "cinematics" you're seeing in the new trailer should be indicative of how the game will look in motion. There's supposed to be seamless transition from gliding to a rooftop and having a meeting with Gordon for example.

its early but still it would be nice if we did get some actual gameplay footage in a gameplay trailer though, just give me a 1min scene of driving in a car, pop out, land combo the shit out of a group, get back in the car.

batman arkham knight

Fall 2014

bam.

sn00zer

Sticking with my original prediction that Arkham Knight is
Innocent insane asylum victim prior to the Blackgate goons being shipped in during Arkham Asylum, he gets experimented on with Venom, sees all of his co-asylum members get beat at the hands of Batman (not all enemies were Blackgate goons), and is currently dying because of the Venom poisoning similar to Joker, hence the suit which keeps him alive....he of course blames batman because Arkham Asylum was a respectable place before he started filling it with villains...and the Joker's plan, which he got caught in the crossfire, was all because of Batman

Philippo

Sticking with my original prediction that Arkham Knight is
Innocent insane asylum victim prior to the Blackgate goons being shipped in during Arkham Asylum, he gets experimented on with Venom, sees all of his co-asylum members get beat at the hands of Batman (not all enemies were Blackgate goons), and is currently dying because of the Venom poisoning similar to Joker, hence the suit which keeps him alive....he of course blames batman because Arkham Asylum was a respectable place before he started filling it with villains...and the Joker's plan, which he got caught in the crossfire, was all because of Batman

Where would he get such an elaborate suit?

Really like what I saw on the trailer, but the ''Coming Soon'' now it's making me a little worried that the game may not come out this year after all.

Let's hope it does, I need some dem riddle challenges.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Really like what I saw on the trailer, but the ''Coming Soon'' now it's making me a little worried that the game may not come out this year after all.

Let's hope it does, I need some dem riddle challenges.

Oh wow you're right. The "Father to Son" trailer said "Coming 2014".

Top Bottom